pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 601.
#2701 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The game was simply announced too early. Is what it is, we've discussed why it made sense at the time. It's not so much that making the game itself is taking too long, simply that there were so many unforseen delays before things got really started.

No worries really with me and the timeline. I am worried it will be a game that I want even though I'm not a big fan of the movies. Can't really say I can afford it with all the potenital games coming out in 2016. For me, it is about the game play, light show, and the animations. That will be hard for me to say no to.

I just wanted to show from my post and your response that any company would be going through the same tough, long process as Heighway is with Aliens, just as JJP has with their two games, and same with DP with TBL. It would had been great to keep them all quiet until a working final prototype was finished. But as you said, trying to drum up the interest a little too early can sometimes hurt. Hope not in this case.

Hopefully soon, no company would have to show a game before it is time to put it in production.

#2702 8 years ago

I really think people are great about being patient as long as you keep up your end of the deal and are honest with them.

I'd love to show the playfield. Not up to me and Andrew.

You may have heard Andrew at Expo say a member of the Alien team had a blood clot and was being taken care of for a bit. That delays some things when it comes to showing the finished white wood. His health obviously comes first. And it's not affecting the rest of the game design now. Just means that we can't show it yet.

All is well. We're working on more good news to post, I promise. Just have to let the process play out.

#2703 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It won't be a "funny" game, I can tell you that.

good. not a single one liner in the first movie which is part of the reason it's on a different level IMO. aliens was a good movie too but just plain action, suspense and fear would have made it better imo.

#2704 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I said we're not making a funny game. This is going to be f—ing intense. How many games do you own that are based on an R rated movie?

Half off the f—ing expired eggs !!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#2705 8 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

aliens was a good movie too but just plain action, suspense and fear would have made it better imo.

Utterly disagree, but everyone has their own take on things.

Our guide is the films, as they were made, and that's the only way I'd do it, because I love these movies. We're making a pinball, not a movie, and we'll adjust as needed, but when it doubt, the tone of the films is what will light the way.

#2706 8 years ago

Has a machine ever done a surprise multiball mode that can just happen during normal gameplay with no warning? That would be great for an Aliens ambush.

#2707 8 years ago
Quoted from ecurtz:

Has a machine ever done a surprise multiball mode that can just happen during normal gameplay with no warning? That would be great for an Aliens ambush.

Perhaps combined with no hold flippers. So you are just flipping for your life during the onslaught... maybe timed.

#2708 8 years ago
Quoted from ecurtz:

I think congo has the midnight madness which is just so very cool especially when you don't know about it.

#2709 8 years ago
Quoted from ecurtz:

And and along those lines, having balls stored normally in various places around the playfield in front of a kicker instead of a only in a trough would be necessary and pretty cool. STTNG and TZ does this to some extent. Probably too late to implement in Alien if not already there but I give permission for this idea to be used in a future game.

#2710 8 years ago

At the end of the game will the screen say "Game Over, Man" ?

#2711 8 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

And and along those lines, having balls stored normally in various places around the playfield in front of a kicker instead of a only in a trough would be necessary and pretty cool. STTNG and TZ does this to some extent. Probably too late to implement in Alien if not already there but I give permission for this idea to be used in a future game.

I LOVE the idea of an unexpected added ball. I think using a couple of scoops, that will get loaded as a course of play, but not immediately returned could be an interesting solution. Could ramp up tension as well, since you know its not going to fire until sometime after you load it, but you just wont know when.

#2712 8 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I think congo has the midnight madness which is just so very cool especially when you don't know about it.

interesting. i just got congo and midnight happened for what appeared to be no apparent reason. i don't know the rules though. is that the deal?

#2713 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Utterly disagree, but everyone has their own take on things.
Our guide is the films, as they were made, and that's the only way I'd do it, because I love these movies. We're making a pinball, not a movie, and we'll adjust as needed, but when it doubt, the tone of the films is what will light the way.

understood and agreed. if each mode captures the essence of each film it will be awesome. gotta be tough to not have one be better than the other but I know you can do it. this theme along with everything I have seen so far has me jacked. i think you guys are going to knock it out of the park

#2714 8 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

interesting. i just got congo and midnight happened for what appeared to be no apparent reason. i don't know the rules though. is that the deal?

Clock is not set to correct time is all. Same thing happened to one of my boys while I was watching. I thought something was wrong with the game for a second but then it went into Midnight Madness. My boy was ecstatic and it a lot of fun. In a game like Alien, it would be cool to have an attack mode pop up now and then in a random sort of way. There could be elements in gameplay to build up defenses to prepare for those attacks. That would keep the player on edge all the time and would be intense.

#2715 8 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

Yeah, there are a handful of games with a Midnight Madness mode that only happens when you're playing at midnight according to the internal clock.

http://www.flippers.be/basics/101_midnight_madness.html

#2716 8 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Clock is not set to correct time is all.

so in order to get midnight madness i have to have the clock set correctly and be playing when it strikes midnight? This question looks ridiculous but I am gonna let it fly!

#2717 8 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

so in order to get midnight madness i have to have the clock set correctly and be playing when it strikes midnight? This question looks ridiculous but I am gonna let it fly!

It just happens when you're playing at midnight according to the clock. You could set it off by 12 hours and get it at noon. So you don't need the clock to be set correctly.

#2718 8 years ago

Yep, was playing JM last night and had a shock when it started at 8pm. A check later and I saw that the clock was set incorrectly.

#2719 8 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

Yep, was playing JM last night and had a shock when it started at 8pm. A check later and I saw that the clock was set incorrectly.

FYI you need to turn WPC games on at least once a week or the clock starts to drift pretty significantly.

#2720 8 years ago

While waiting for playfield art, I gonna get me some hot coffee!

7mjdd1.gif7mjdd1.gif

#2721 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

clock starts to drift pretty significantly

This thread is starting to drift...

#2722 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Wah wah wah waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaht?..... that never happens on Pinside.

#2723 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Drift? Like ... a motorcycle on a slick track? Like in ... Moto GP? Someone should make a game about that!

#2724 8 years ago
Quoted from Star_Gazer:

While waiting for playfield art, I gonna get me some hot coffee!
7mjdd1.gif

That is so cool. My wife wants one.

#2725 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Drift? Like ... a motorcycle on a slick track? Like in ... Moto GP? Someone should make a game about that!

maybe heighway can work this into one of the modes as well!

#2726 8 years ago
Quoted from redundor:

Damn, that's pretty metal.

#2727 8 years ago
Quoted from redundor:

» YouTube video

Move over, Randy Johnson:

#2729 8 years ago
Quoted from redundor:

» YouTube video

Quoted from Aurich:

Damn, that's pretty metal.

I can't understand the announcer but I imagine that was what he said.

Quoted from jayhawkai:

Move over, Randy Johnson:
» YouTube video

I'm sure the umpire said, "ummm...ball?"

#2730 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm a biker and a big MotoGP fan but Full Throttle missed the target by a mile if that was really the aim. I can't imagine it was though since the toys are road bikes, the bike artwork doesn't look like MotoGP machines and there are roads on the playfield.

#2731 8 years ago
Quoted from Silver:

I'm a biker and a big MotoGP fan but Full Throttle missed the target by a mile if that was really the aim. I can't imagine it was though since the toys are road bikes, the bike artwork doesn't look like MotoGP machines and there are roads on the playfield.

Its a non-licensed pin based around general motorcycle racing. MotoGP is but one of several organized sport nods in the game.

#2732 8 years ago

Alien artwork approved yet? What's the holdup?

#2733 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Alien artwork approved yet? What's the holdup?

Aurich, 2 days ago:

Quoted from Aurich:

As it is things on Alien are starting to enter the next phase. At Expo we said the playfield art was almost done, well it's being submitted to Fox this next week. Playfield art is done, it's the documenting I'm still working on. Now Fox could love it (please!) or ask for a ton of changes (boo!) but until then I really couldn't say how my progress is looking. I'm happy with what I'm submitting. I'd be totally happy if Fox just said "looks good!" and it was done. But that part is out of my control.

#2734 8 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

Aurich, 2 days ago:

Saw that, 2 days is plenty of time

#2735 8 years ago

I see that Heighway will be at Free Play Florida after IAAPA in Orlando!!

How Many FullT's are you bringing?
Will Alien be on display and playable?

#2736 8 years ago

At the Dutch Pinball Open I have seen a picture of the Alien playfield (not yet approved). And it is way above a WOW it just looks marvelous I know, it is all about taste but man this game has the potential to stand out high above all what is currently available.

#2737 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

At the Dutch Pinball Open I have seen a picture of the Alien playfield (not yet approved). And it is way above a WOW it just looks marvelous I know, it is all about taste but man this game has the potential to stand out high above all what is currently available.

Thanks man. That design you saw (I imagine on Andrew's phone) has been submitted to Fox, but now we're just waiting to see what they think. So the final outcome is still to be seen.

At this point the process just has to play out. They might have a ton of comments and fixes, we might go back and forth for a while, or it might be smooth and easy. You can guess which outcome I'm hoping for, but it's out of my hands until I hear back and see where we are. So everyone will just have to be patient while we go through it all.

#2738 8 years ago
Quoted from Silver:

Full Throttle is about the Isle of Man TT (http://www.iomtt.com/), hence the roads ... music from RedLine in Full Throttle is also the official music for the TT.

#2739 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

has been submitted to Fox

let me make a few calls..see if we can move this along

#2740 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Thanks man. That design you saw (I imagine on Andrew's phone) has been submitted to Fox, but now we're just waiting to see what they think. So the final outcome is still to be seen.
At this point the process just has to play out. They might have a ton of comments and fixes, we might go back and forth for a while, or it might be smooth and easy. You can guess which outcome I'm hoping for, but it's out of my hands until I hear back and see where we are. So everyone will just have to be patient while we go through it all.

Yes, it was a picture on Andrew's phone. It made me get goosebumps and I could see the pride in Andrew's smile when I told him it looks just awesome.

#2741 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

let me make a few calls..see if we can move this along

Do you have some compromising photos or something we can use as leverage?

Quoted from PinballRulez:

Yes, it was a picture on Andrew's phone. It made me get goosebumps and I could see the pride in Andrew's smile when I told him it looks just awesome.

I honestly have no idea how Fox will take it. I documented it really well as far as showing where the various parts came from, but other than that I can only cross my fingers.

#2742 8 years ago

this is my next nib pin and I can hardly wait, chose this over got and the hobbit. can hardly wait to see the playfield!

#2743 8 years ago

As somebody already said it, I also saw the playfield on the phone and it really looks great. Also the shot layout and the whole concept appeals to me, as does the way that Andrew seems to seek out people with a love for and knowledge of Pinball machines. Btw I ordered an Alien LE today ! This one is going to sell out fast once all is revealed

Love your work Aurich !

#2744 8 years ago

It is either going to be this or TWD for my next game, and to be frank, this is winning bigtime.

The only area TWD is winning is the price tag, but at $6300 - per the website as of today - I am really highly considering just jumping in on the pre-order train with this one.

#2745 8 years ago

As soon as we can show more we will. But I can't say at this stage when that will be.

In the meantime work isn't stopping on other areas of the game.

#2746 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

As soon as we can show more we will. But I can't say at this stage when that will be.
In the meantime work isn't stopping on other areas of the game.

I'd be great to see new white wood game play, as the earlier version was incomplete with no ramps.

I'm considering to order this pin, as FTH looks to play nice and I'm impressed rules on that game.

#2747 8 years ago

#2748 8 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

As somebody already said it, I also saw the playfield on the phone and it really looks great. Also the shot layout and the whole concept appeals to me, as does the way that Andrew seems to seek out people with a love for and knowledge of Pinball machines. Btw I ordered an Alien LE today ! This one is going to sell out fast once all is revealed
Love your work Aurich !

+1. Ordered an LE today and deposit sent !

#2749 8 years ago

Does anyone know how many are left?

#2750 8 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Does anyone know how many are left?

Yes, Andrew.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,799 (OBO)
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/55 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.