pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 548 of 601.
#27351 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Mini update, and I will pm all interested or onboard tonight w more detail:
a) sculpted art deal, exclusive to these 25 units, has been secured
b) Andrew contacted me this morning, and I will be able to offer his motion tracker w the apron as a package if you want one.
It for now....mark

Can you share what you are making and how much it costs?

I’m curious about the design

#27352 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Mini update, and I will pm all interested or onboard tonight w more detail:
a) sculpted art deal, exclusive to these 25 units, has been secured
b) Andrew contacted me this morning, and I will be able to offer his motion tracker w the apron as a package if you want one.
It for now....mark

I'm def in. PM me when you have the info. Thanks

#27353 3 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

Can you share what you are making and how much it costs?
I’m curious about the design

Yes, will provide more things tonight, and PM you along w others. I work 12 hour days at the hospital, so in and out of things all day.

Please know I've had this in the works for a long time, in addition to my Xenon tube strobe add delt31 remembers, and it's scattered in the threads.

There is zero intent to impede or compete w your efforts. Back then, no one was even talking about it. Only after my machine shop offered to make a 1 time run of 25 did I offer.

I appreciate anyone that brings upgrades to machines

#27354 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Yes, will provide more things tonight, and PM you along w others. I work 12 hour days at the hospital, so in and out of things all day.
Please know I've had this in the works for a long time, in addition to my Xenon tube strobe add delt31 remembers, and it's scattered in the threads.
There is zero intent to impede or compete w your efforts. Back then, no one was even talking about it. Only after my machine shop offered to make a 1 time run of 25 did I offer.
I appreciate anyone that brings upgrades to machines

that strobe is sick. want that too!

#27355 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

that strobe is sick. want that too!

Would like to know how it works.

I was talking in my previous posts about playing the ambush MB only with stobes, no GI. I think it would be great

#27356 3 years ago

I think thats difficult to realize without software support for it

In any case, I dont know how well multiball strobe will on this game, unless they change the code with it. AFM has kind of a simple layout with the mothership to hit only during the strobe.
On this game it would make sense if the gameplay would fit it, so strobes on the Alien head with having to hit that target only (for example super jackpot) otherwise it will be inpossible gameplay (my opinion) when strobing.
Also, all other lights need to be out for best effect

I hooked up the led strips from my apron to the standup targets/magnet and thats kind of okay. You get a bright flash when you hit the alien, and the strobe flasher effect when the tongue comes out.
I can post a video

#27357 3 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

I think thats difficult to realize without software support for it
In any case, I dont know how well multiball strobe will on this game, unless they change the code with it. AFM has kind of a simple layout with the mothership to hit only during the strobe.
On this game it would make sense if the gameplay would fit it, so strobes on the Alien head with having to hit that target only (for example super jackpot) otherwise it will be inpossible gameplay (my opinion) when strobing.
Also, all other lights need to be out for best effect
I hooked up the led strips from my apron to the standup targets/magnet and thats kind of okay. You get a bright flash when you hit the alien, and the strobe flasher effect when the tongue comes out.
I can post a video

very simple. Strobe comes on when Alien tongue comes out. That's all.

#27358 3 years ago

Yes thats how I have it and thats what Per made, but I think colonel means a full strobe multiball.

This is Per’s mod:

#27359 3 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

Yes thats how I have it and thats what Per made, but I think colonel means a full strobe multiball.
This is Per’s mod:

I have also Per’s mod installed and it is really great. But i would like to have more, a complete (ambush) MB played with strobes like on AFM. It would remind me so much the movies

#27360 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

I have also Per’s mod installed and it is really great. But i would like to have more, a complete (ambush) MB played with strobes like on AFM. It would remind me so much the movies

Same here. Love the effect but it's too short.

#27361 3 years ago

Ok but don’t you think that it would require a good code integration? I could just try and play an ambush multiball with strobing leds, but I’m not that optimistic

#27362 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

very simple. Strobe comes on when Alien tongue comes out. That's all.

Still at work, more to inform tonight. You will be able to adjust the speed and length of strobe effect easily for your liking. I can just assure you - you'll know when it's on.....

#27363 3 years ago

Hey fellas, a little help. First time I installed the new code 1.4 to alien. I did the instructions as listed and my game screen went blank. It said it was rebooting, but still nothing. Do I need to turn off the pin, take the USB flash out and reboot it myself, or does it do it automatically?

Any help for a Heighway Pinball code installer would be greatly appreciated.

#27364 3 years ago

Never mind. Got it. Wasn’t as dumb as I thought I was. Well, at least this time

#27365 3 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Never mind. Got it. Wasn’t as dumb as I thought I was. Well, at least this time

Hey don't feel bad. I am trying to update full throttle and not getting anywhere.

#27366 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Still at work, more to inform tonight. You will be able to adjust the speed and length of strobe effect easily for your liking. I can just assure you - you'll know when it's on.....

Just wrapping up work for the day...I will start a dedicated thread (link will be here) tomorrow, so a variety of things can be posted during our estimated 2 month "final stretch" of getting these done and out. All PM's will be answered then as well. I'm simply out of gas to dive in there tonight. For all that have reached out - you DO have a spot. I'm estimating around 10 or so haven't been spoken for yet, but things can change. I know there will only be 24 made (I'm keeping 1 obviously).

Things I can share today:

a) liorillusion has been contracted to create a custom sculpted, hand painted piece of art which will only be available with this apron. He's guiding overall art aspects as well....excited to have him aboard!!! He will be jumping in the thread as well, I suspect. Contract includes ownership of mold, etc. so there will be no more. The level of detail and craftsmanship he brings is staggering....

b) Andrew (motion tracker mod) contacted me this morning, informing me he can produce the amount needed to fulfill apron orders. It will be important to modify your pm (some already have) to request me to add this mod. Some of you may already have one, or don't want it. They should be ready to ship the first of the month, so it will be good to sort this #. I will be buying 1 lot from him, and prefer to get the # correct.

c) Apron itself - I'm meeting machinist Friday afternoon to attempt to put a nail in the first proto. He has some final things I have to approve, including corners (corners?) acrylic holding bracket, along with led frame and strobe mounts. This is the time consuming piece and the more we get right now, the quicker we can get the metal bent and done. Believe me, he can knock out the balance of the order out fast once the proto is finalized.

Some global Q&A:

a) When do we get to see something and what will it be? - I had hoped to have the proto (still bare steel) for viewing this week, however it appears it will be next. He has questions and won't be rushed, We both work long hours, and are also OCD so it must be right. You'll see this when I have it. This whole thing started with me believing I'd only get 1 from him, so grateful he's willing to do this.

b) Will there be a deeper dive on features? Yes, in the other thread. Certain items (like art package) will be kept in confidence until the completed version is done.

c) Will it have standard game card slots - Yes. I will include 2 with the apron (confident you'll really like one of them), but you can change to whatever you want obviously.

d) Will there be an "LE" plaque or ID option - No. The aprons will be hand #'d, signed, along w hologram id on the inside identifying it as "x of 25" so it will be unique. More discussion on this in the thread if required. Not cross pollinating.

e) Strobe mod - included in price - this is a 4 glass tube, Xenon STROBE bulb system. Both the rate of flash, and length of time the effect is on can be adjusted. You will know when she attacks. Clear plexi will be wireform etched and edge lit w pulsing green lighting. pulsing is a nice, eerie feel, then choose your level of pain by adjusting strobe to your tolerance..

f) Easy to install? - You will need to be a bit comfortable under the hood, but mostly plug and play, with 2 holes that need to be drilled/ tapped in the steel playfield hangers. I'll have well laid out instructions with pics. No soldering, but, as with all things Alien, proper lacing and wireway is crucial.

g) Is it expensive (how much)? - Well, it's not going to be cheap. Andrew's motion tracker price is posted, many of you are aware of Lior's quality, which carries a price tag, electronics are not that bad, and I am asking for a close ballpark on the actual apron price from the machinist on Friday. I'd say "expensive" is relative. The games are expensive, and the apron will bring a level of finish to the game it deserves. I see pieces of 3d plastic that sell for crazy $$$, so in that light, I suspect it will be a bargin. I am not personally making any $$$ on this mod, however will not be losing any either. The thread will have more detail on that as I get it and can finalize.

h) When will it be ready? - Target = 2 months. I have respected, reliable players on this venture, have already funded, made commitments, and don't anticipate any major delays. I want this done yesterday, but it has to be right.

#27367 3 years ago

Very informative and exciting Mark! I will need your xeno upper strobe as well)

#27368 3 years ago

1000000 % I’m in too! That should have been in the game!

#27369 3 years ago

Well, sounds a bit confusing as there would potentially be 2 aprons mods available.

Regarding MK6PIN one, sounds like a more conventional one with cards slots.
There will be an hand #´d in relation with the number of aprons made. I can’t see the use but it doesn’t bother me. I prefer a # of the game for my part.
Strobes part sound great, just would like more informations of how it would work, if more code needed.

Regarding Faust one, i don’t know if he was planning a minimum number to built but i think there are enough owners to have the choice between 2 aprons. I like the first views, art and feature ( # of the game, weapons recall, strobes, motion mod)

The feature of which i expect more details is strobes.

#27370 3 years ago

I would like to have a better Apron also.
But only complete with all available mods.
How is the status on this?

#27371 3 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

I would like to have a better Apron also.
But only complete with all available mods.
How is the status on this?

This will be complete - motion tracker, Lior's art, strobe kit, etc. Nothing else needed.

#27372 3 years ago

What strobe kit?
I already have PERs strobe kit at the Xeno embedded.

#27373 3 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Very informative and exciting Mark! I will need your xeno upper strobe as well)

Hi Aaron,

Strobe kit is all 4 bulbs. Wanted to save some things for the thread...

#27374 3 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

What strobe kit?
I already have PERs strobe kit at the Xeno embedded.

I took a different approach. I'll dive deeper w a vid in the thread. The existing "strobe" kit, w respect, is flashing LED strips.

If you've played AFM you will see the difference in intensity. That's a single bulb. My version has 4. You will want this

#27375 3 years ago

Well, sounds a bit confusing as there would potentially be 2 aprons mods available.
Regarding mk6pin one, sounds like a more conventional one with cards slots.
There will be an hand #´d in relation with the number of aprons made. I can’t see the use but it doesn’t bother me. I prefer a # of the game for my part.
Strobes part sound great, just would like more informations of how i would work, if more code needed.
Regarding faust one, i don’t know if he was planning a minimum number to built but i think there are enough owners to have the choice between 2 aprons. I like the first views, art and feature ( # of the game, weapons recall, strobes, motion mod)
The feature of which i expect more details is strobes.

This is why I'm starting a separate thread to avoid confusion. We can dive deeper into strobe there

I own an LE, and will also explain my reasoning for not including it in the apron.

#27376 3 years ago

Creating the thread today. Just want to have at least a paragraph or 2 to open with...My workday has started but can get it going shortly...

#27377 3 years ago

Have designed a bracket for the rear USB cable.
Use double sided tape and short screws.

Make sure the screws do not go through the rear panel!

Two tie wraps for cable and connector clamp.

Again a free design for you to download and print for yourselves. Not for commercial purposes etc

https://pinshape.com/items/98579-3d-printed-alien-pinball-rear-panel-usb-bracket

bracket (resized).JPGbracket (resized).JPG
#27378 3 years ago

I will stay with my apron in this thread I think because I posted most here already. Colonel is right that with 180 machines around there is enough place for 2 for aprons.
In the end it was just accidental timing that these arrived at the same time. There was a couple if times ideas but never something concrete, so I figured; why not make something during holidays. So here it is and I don’t mind making 1, 10 or 50

I have no minimum orders and I can adapt per apron; so with LE nr in there or not and with/without the extra acid holes.
I can make them at any time also.

Looks like I’m making around 25 in a first batch. and it will cost around 150-300 euros max (depends on electronics costs).

So my flashers will just add extra leds that strobe when Xeno tongue goes out. I don’t see an easy option for keeping it on all the time during multiball, unless I make something custom.

Last: Lior making the sculptures is very nice!!! He is a great artist.

#27379 3 years ago

Nice to see two guys working it out on similar mods. Well done gentlemen! Looking forward to seeing both designs.

Quoted from Faust:

I will stay with my apron in this thread I think because I posted most here already. Colonel is right that with 180 machines around there is enough place for 2 for aprons.
In the end it was just accidental timing that these arrived at the same time. There was a couple if times ideas but never something concrete, so I figured; why not make something during holidays. So here it is and I don’t mind making 1, 10 or 50
I have no minimum orders and I can adapt per apron; so with LE nr in there or not and with/without the extra acid holes.
Looks like I’m making around 25 in a first batch. and it will cost around 150-300 euros max (depends on electronics costs).
So my flashers will just add extra leds that strobe when Xeno tongue goes out. I don’t see an easy option for keeping it on all the time during multiball, unless I make something custom.

#27381 3 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

Your top price is with Andrew's motion mod included?

Regarding strobes, I would like to have some inputs from programmers to know if it involves code update to get a complete MB like ambush with only strobes (no GI). that would be my dream in this game, but if it is no possible, then let it be.

#27382 3 years ago

I'm getting a ball jam in scoop most of the time during any mulitball when multiple balls enter it. Any tweak/fix recommendation for this?

#27383 3 years ago

Just loaded the newest 1.4 code to the alien pin. I’m terrible with names, but I personally want to thank anybody and everybody who was involved in the code updates. I remember getting this pin and the bashing the pin and the company took, but because of the tireless efforts from some of the team members I feel this pin is becoming into one of the classics.

I still love this pin. Funny story. I was playing the pin the other night, fully immersed into the alien universe. Suddenly, the rubber face hugger toy I put on the very top of the cabinet fell down on the pinball glass right when I was focused on ambush multiball. Let me tell ya boys, both me and my daughter (who was next to me playing the MAME cabinet) about dropped a load in our pants scaring us that bad!

Anyway, I was on YouTube earlier today watching some real old videos of the Alien pinball at the Texas pinball festival. In one of the videos, I saw an airlock toy that would turn to show the mother alien that was eventually replaced by the small LCD screen at the scoop. I always liked that toy, mainly because I already have (2) digital displays to watch and I thought the third one was kinda overkill, but it is cool.

To the developers and designers lurking around this thread, why was the toy removed? Was it because of mechanical issues? Cost? Any nice pics or videos of that toy in action? Just curious because I would love to hear any kind of production story in regards to the design and final run of this pin.

#27384 3 years ago

Here is the culprit. You should see why I jumped! LOL

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#27385 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

I'm getting a ball jam in scoop most of the time during any mulitball when multiple balls enter it. Any tweak/fix recommendation for this?

2 suggestions.
1: I/O board 1 stops working. Result no more kick-out from the airlock and the top 1/3 of the playfield won’t work either.
Fix: reroute usb cables away from amplifier in cabinet.
2: the scoop does not have the plastic ball-guide inside or it is positioned poorly. Fix: adjust this black piece of plastic or get it. I believe some early model Alien didn’t have this plastic in the scoop.
3: check the metal protector around the scoop. If the edges are off they might block the ball in the way out.
Fix: remove and bend in the proper position. Even better: order the Cliffy protector set.

#27386 3 years ago

After ~8 weeks the open eggs arrived at customs.
I took them this morning... man, they're looking great.

Thanks to BlackAlleyMatt for this very nice mod.

DSCN8170 (resized).JPGDSCN8170 (resized).JPG

#27387 3 years ago

Nice you got them. My first order disappeared in covid mess and still no eggs. Are all 16 for personal use? Just kidding

#27388 3 years ago

Of course, all eggs have been sold.
I'm sorry you're still missing your's.

#27389 3 years ago

Your top price is with Andrew's motion mod included?
Regarding strobes, I would like to have some inputs from programmers to know if it involves code update to get a complete MB like ambush with only strobes (no GI). that would be my dream in this game, but if it is no possible, then let it be.

Yes, but I won’t be able to offer bulk pricing for now. May change in the future. I make the proto and test it and will post results for feedback.

I asked BCD (Brian) about code changes and features. His response was this:

‘ I am not interested to add new features to the game at this point. I just wanted to get the bugs fixed. I would not feel right adding more to the code that was not part of the original vision that the entire Alien team had. It is not my game.’

All tools for making and testing code has to go through Pinball Brothers also apparently, and they are probably not up for it. But you never know, if the whole community agrees on a feature and wants to pay for it, there may be a chance.

#27390 3 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Yes, swap the coil wiring from left slingshot coil with the left flipper coil.
[quoted image]

Thank you very much!

#27391 3 years ago
Quoted from royneblom:

So finaly the Alien LE 426 is packed to move to USA , the game is put in a playwood cage in 18mm and 25 mm space from the game to the wood.
This will make the traveling as safe as posible .
The game will not move alone ,it will go with its friend LE 54 in Blue trim .
We will see if the new owner of this 2 game will show up on this page .
Hope they will be played well.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Man I’m so sorry I missed that opportunity. You’ve got a great thing right there.. Congrats!

#27392 3 years ago

I just tied in my strobes to the beacon lights. Comes on obviously with the beacons and lasts a long time. First part of the video is my mini beacons mod and the second part is the strobes

#27393 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

I was having that problem on mine. The easy fix is just to go into the settings and increase the coil power strength for that target.

#27394 3 years ago

Just catching up. I am in for all those mods! Can’t wait to see the final products. Question. Is there a thread that someone can direct me to to add a shaker to my game? Is this recommended? Is the software capable of managing it? Thanks

#27395 3 years ago
Quoted from dpeck3:

Just catching up. I am in for all those mods! Can’t wait to see the final products. Question. Is there a thread that someone can direct me to to add a shaker to my game? Is this recommended? Is the software capable of managing it? Thanks

try this

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/weyland-yutani-dedicated-to-keeping-3-alien-specimens-alive/page/5#post-4426597

#27396 3 years ago

Well honestly adding a shaker is pointless.
It is used so sparsely, that it is not worth it. Curious what the others think

#27397 3 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

Yes, but I won’t be able to offer bulk pricing for now. May change in the future. I make the proto and test it and will post results for feedback.
I asked BCD (Brian) about code changes and features. His response was this:
‘ I am not interested to add new features to the game at this point. I just wanted to get the bugs fixed. I would not feel right adding more to the code that was not part of the original vision that the entire Alien team had. It is not my game.’
All tools for making and testing code has to go through Pinball Brothers also apparently, and they are probably not up for it. But you never know, if the whole community agrees on a feature and wants to pay for it, there may be a chance.

Well, i think the strobes during the ambush mb ( bashing stand-up target of xeno) after xeno grabs the ball fit perfectly the game and movie (there are some scenes with strobes)
However i understand @bcd, even if i can’t prevent from thinking that would be a big miss. Would pay to get that feature!

#27398 3 years ago

For anyone that may have a similar problem.
Alien Pinball had flickering inserts central of playfield.
I checked all connections and led's etc changed USB cable and swapped out IO pcb.
Problem solved by resoldering IO PCB connector on the large center led pcb.
It was riddled with dry joints.

#27399 3 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

Well honestly adding a shaker is pointless.
It is used so sparsely, that it is not worth it. Curious what the others think

I have a Quake version in mine and tell you the truth is hard to tell if it's working.
The woofer shakes more than the shaker

#27400 3 years ago

Oh come on the shaker is working properly and much better as at the beginning.
It works during gameplay and if you get a reward , Highscores, Weapon Master, etc.
Some times less is better then more.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,799 (OBO)
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 548 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/548 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.