New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 106728)

ALIEN PINBALL - Game Over, Man, Game Over

By HeighwayPinball

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 27,623 posts
  • 1,042 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Toucanf16
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,549 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DE24D606-0D7A-483D-8F1E-33E88C9524DB (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20200920-022958_Facebook (resized).jpg
DSCN8207 (resized).JPG
IMG_20200909_204905301 (resized).jpg
225600FF-CAD7-478C-A35F-F73D20F2A58F (resized).jpeg
Unbenannt (resized).JPG
DSCN7230 (resized).JPG
DSCN7227 (resized).JPG
DSCN7713 (resized).JPG
DSCN7712 (resized).JPG
72BAC424-E37E-4935-AB25-BB957DD2EEEF (resized).jpeg
20200827_174954 (resized).jpg
20200827_174329 (resized).jpg
20200827_174342 (resized).jpg
20200827_174357 (resized).jpg
IMG_7270 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27623 posts in this topic. You are on page 547 of 553.
#27301 48 days ago

Oh it can happen. I forgot how to fix this, but you must connect keyboard and then make sure it boots again. Its linux.

Read through the forum (For now I can’t give better advise because also I need to look it up again).

Don’t worry its not broken.

#27302 48 days ago

Sigh..1.4 in, original apron w proto at machine shop for comparisons..will hope to get my hands on it for fit next week,post, and finally play a bit w updated code.

Bourbon time, as this is a tough sight for me currently:

IMG_20200807_194811413 (resized).jpg
#27303 48 days ago

Stop messing around, put down the bourbon and get 'r done! lol

#27304 47 days ago
Quoted from skyknight320:

Stop messing around, put down the bourbon and get 'r done! lol

I can't!!! The guy is a perfectionist and knows way more about metal fab than I ever will ( he's kind of grumpy actually). I called him today... abruptly told me " I'll call you to come get it next week, still working a couple things out"

We did decide:

Finish will be black oxide (after I confirm test fit)

Recessed screws sorted for original and rear ( new) positions. Strong and tidy. WAY better and how it should have been to start.

Channel to allow for edge lit acrylics to be changed.

I'll give a lengthy post when I can put some photos with it..right now, we wait and drink

#27305 47 days ago

Hey guys I installed ver 1.4, and did the flipper/sling switch to yes, and changed the wires from the coil from the left flipper to the sling, but the left flipper still beeps. At least the flipper and sling work fine. Any ideas, did I do something wrong?
Thanks

#27306 47 days ago

Sling Swap was an idea from Brian, it could work properly, but on some machine not - no problem.

For the new apron, please reproduce the sign decals on the left and right.
These are very important informations while playing the game to toggle between the collected weapons and how to shoot them!

#27307 47 days ago

I’m just in awwwww about every bodies efforts ! Bad ass stuff guys!
What a great time to be an alien owner

#27308 47 days ago
Quoted from Averell:

For the new apron, please reproduce the sign decals on the left and right.
These are very important informations while playing the game to toggle between the collected weapons and how to shoot them!

Focusing on the structural first. It was important for me to maintain original geometry (my sad pic of the game without the apron shows you the shape).

It also includes a location on both sides for standard size game cards to be inserted (like most games) for rules, etc. These can be changed, customized like normal. Had to have it.

Joe was kind enough to bullet point the key gameplay rules/ items to go on the card for me, so you're covered...

Think you will like it....

One other final note as I've been asked several times (approx. 1/2 of the 24 units are already spoken for, a few others "on the list" sight unseen):

The apron price will NOT include Andrew's Motion tracker mod. Will it fit? Of course - It fits on the current apron and will fit on this one. As stated prior, I don't want to speak for him or make $$$ on this mod (the apron price will be a pass-thru cost as a courtesy to the community). He is not certain how many more (if any) he will make going forward. Mine is due to arrive on Thursday.

Believe it's going to be a must-have regardless (for me anyway), and can certainly stand on its own merit. I won't know how much it's going to cost yet, until the machine work, plexi etching, center medallion, etc. bill is in my pocket.

Ok - off to my Grandson's birthday party. I don't anticipate posting about this again until I have the metal proto in my hands and on the game. Feel free to pm w any questions......mark

#27309 47 days ago

I have the files and a documentation somewhere on my pc. I will search them and then look how the boot up issue can be fixed

#27310 47 days ago

Very good progress, can hardly wait to see the final version of the Apron.

#27311 47 days ago

So i succeeded to bring my game back to life and updated it to 1.4
Was a little adventure this morning but i guess it is worth the trip for the future (i keep this bootable usb key for ubuntu system)
Thanks to weirpinball and guys here.

#27312 47 days ago
Quoted from Averell:

If you have installed software version 1.3 look into the coil settings.
There's an entry "Swap Slingshot...", toggle the value to "Yes" and swap the wiring under the playfield form the left flipper coil and left slingshot.
But take care, version 1.3 is not working properly, wait for the final release!
Brians intension was to eleminate the "Beep" while left button is pressed, but the result wasn't as good as expected.
After testing a while we found some more issues in version 1.3 so it's strongly recommended not to install version 1.3!

I just installed version 1.4. Do I do the same thing still under the settings and have to manually swap the wire? And if that’s the case, do you have a picture of what wires I’m swapping? I just don’t want to burn anything up. Thanks!

#27313 47 days ago
Quoted from dpeck3:

I just installed version 1.4. Do I do the same thing still under the settings and have to manually swap the wire? And if that’s the case, do you have a picture of what wires I’m swapping? I just don’t want to burn anything up. Thanks!

I just took the wires off the end of the coils and swapped them I hope that is the right idea . There are two per coil

#27314 46 days ago

Very exciting news in multiple areas! Looking forward to the metal apron pictures.

#27315 46 days ago

Yes, swap the coil wiring from left slingshot coil with the left flipper coil.

pasted_image (resized).png

#27316 46 days ago
Quoted from Averell:

Very good progress, can hardly wait to see the final version of the Apron.

Me too.
Can’t stand cheap plastic apron.

#27317 46 days ago

We’ve made another one that has the LE nr in there; let’s see in a few days how it turns out.

5CD8F574-64D1-424F-9964-A3D8C2C4A0C4 (resized).jpeg
#27318 46 days ago
Quoted from Faust:

We’ve made another one that has the LE nr in there; let’s see in a few days how it turns out.[quoted image]

The hole on the right seems to be too big and bad for the steucture itself.
Are you sure about thr holes? Maybe we could add card instruction or else instead.

#27319 45 days ago

Are the LE numbers even relevant? I think that tiny number just distracts from the subject and really isn't that important to be displayed right there..(imo)

#27320 45 days ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Are the LE numbers even relevant? I think that tiny number just distracts from the subject and really isn't that important to be displayed right there..(imo)

It should not be the way of conception of this apron but i guess it could be written somewhere in a more discrete place.
It doesn’t bother me if it isn’t there either.

#27321 45 days ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

The hole on the right seems to be too big and bad for the steucture itself.
Are you sure about thr holes? Maybe we could add card instruction or else instead.

Agreed. All the more as it is supposed to get the ability to install the mini display mod of Andrew in this area.

#27322 45 days ago

Limited Edition is a cool idea, but should only allocate to the real LE's and be validated to the original sign on the BB.

Another useful information:

Cliff Rinear has finished a Cliffy set for the Shooter Lane.
If you are interested, you can order the two plates directly from him shortly.

Alien-2pc-Ejects001 (resized).jpg

#27323 45 days ago
Quoted from Averell:

Limited Edition is a cool idea, but should only allocate to the real LE's and be validated to the original sign on the BB.
Another useful information:
Cliff Rinear has finished a Cliffy set for the Shooter Lane.
If you are interested, you can order the two plates directly from him shortly.
[quoted image]

Agree with Averell, real LE's only. I personally love the idea of the LE plaque and the placement under the 'Alien' logo. Please keep an option for this for LE owners.

#27324 45 days ago
Quoted from Faust:

We’ve made another one that has the LE nr in there; let’s see in a few days how it turns out.[quoted image]

I was wondering if it was possible to get something in relation with Sigourney weaver? An alien without Sigourney is not really an Alien pin!

#27325 45 days ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

I was wondering if it was possible to get something in relation with Sigourney weaver? An alien without Sigourney is not really an Alien pin!

Great idea!

#27326 45 days ago

Look in the rulesheet, all crew members are involved, incl. Lt. Ripley.

#27327 45 days ago

#27328 45 days ago

I like Averells idea maybe of adding the weapon info; its rather useful.
Instruction cards: everone can decide what they want for themselves. Plenty of space on the apron for the cards.
I personally find it oldfashioned; modern pins have too complex rules to squeeze on a card, and are used in HUO environments almost exclusively. I don’t remember ever reading one (except pricing card)

I will try some things with weapon info and see how it works out, will post the coning days.

I have 3 aprons made for testing; delivery early next week.

I have received some questions about the flasher mod; this will be integrated in the apron with the correct cabling. I talked to Per and he wants to help out.
Led bars are integrated, extra bright

For owners who already have Per’s mod: it can be hooked up to the apron.

Vintoman’s motion detector can go on it, and if he is up for it and it can still be supplied I add them to the aprons and its 1 package. But I think mist of you already got this mod.

#27329 45 days ago

I like the idea to offer all features included.

#27330 45 days ago
Quoted from Faust:

I like Averells idea maybe of adding the weapon info; its rather useful.
Instruction cards: everone can decide what they want for themselves. Plenty of space on the apron for the cards.
I personally find it oldfashioned; modern pins have too complex rules to squeeze on a card, and are used in HUO environments almost exclusively. I don’t remember ever reading one (except pricing card)
I will try some things with weapon info and see how it works out, will post the coning days.
I have 3 aprons made for testing; delivery early next week.
I have received some questions about the flasher mod; this will be integrated in the apron with the correct cabling. I talked to Per and he wants to help out.
Led bars are integrated, extra bright
For owners who already have Per’s mod: it can be hooked up to the apron.
Vintoman’s motion detector can go on it, and if he is up for it and it can still be supplied I add them to the aprons and its 1 package. But I think mist of you already got this mod.

In fact i don’t use weapons, i don’t know how to use them and when. Lighted with extra button but if you could link with your apron (as you were talking about) i’m sure to see way better when weapons are available.

Effectively, i do not order yet the motion mod as you were talking the ability to integrate it with the apron since the beginning.

i’m sure this apron will be awesome, strobes added should be amazing, i would have coded the xeno MB with only stobes lights and no GI like on AFM

#27331 45 days ago

Just my personal view, a few critical comments have been made (not many) re Ripley not being a part of the video / audio artifacts in Alien. When I first read this prior to owning the machine i was concerned and kind of agreed - but not enough to put me off purchasing this amazing game.
My view has changed after playing this amazing game for over a year now - is it just me - or does the omission of Ripley from the game actually give a player the option of playing as yourself or one of the marines - play as yourself, Hudson or Hicks or Ripley or whoever versus the Alien hive!! What I mean is in a weird way this gives the player the space to be whatever space hero / heroine you choose to be - not just Ripley (even though I am a fan).
Just my crazy view on this but can see others views also.

#27332 45 days ago

In fact i don’t use weapons, i don’t know how to use them and when. Lighted with extra button but if you could link with your apron (as you were talking about) i’m sure to see way better when weapons are available.
Effectively, i do not order yet the motion mod as you were talking the ability to integrate it with the apron since the beginning.
i’m sure this apron will be awesome, strobes added should be amazing, i would have coded the xeno MB with only stobes lights and no GI like on AFM

Weapon lights within the new apron is a great idea, not sure of the challenge re electronics, but great idea. I am also not using this feature enough and need to practice using these features.

#27333 44 days ago

Its possible when unused outputs are used on the IO boards and are in the software set to ON.

So we would need 4 digital putputs, ON when weapon is there, flashing when selected.

I don’t care if they are 70V outputs or 12 or 5V.

Now the question is: I think we need BCD to do this in the software, or is there another way to see on lights on the field how many weapons are collected and which one is active? Ideas and comments welcome

#27334 44 days ago
Quoted from chrishoyle99:

Weapon lights within the new apron is a great idea, not sure of the challenge re electronics, but great idea. I am also not using this feature enough and need to practice using these features.

It is sincerely not obvious to pay attention to a button on the front of cabinet.
Stern is using button on the lockbar, way more visible in play.

#27335 44 days ago

I'm not sure if someone really understands how the weapons function is working and how to toggle between?
We don't need any lights or effects on this.
Each time a ball gets into the shooter lane the player can choose one of the collected weapon with the BuyIn-Button and this is shown on the screen.
This feature is working properly since software release 1.3.
To shoot the choosen weapon the player just has to push the Launch-Button while playing the game.
I think it's enough information to give a short advice to this on the apron in form of two decals as it was made on the original plastic apron.

#27336 44 days ago

Actually, the active weapon can be changed at ANY time by pressing the Extra Ball button. This has always been the case, although it is true that previous code versions had a bug where sometimes you weren't able to switch weapons. When possible, the display advises which weapon is selected. There are also unique audio cues for each weapon, so it's actually possible to choose a specific weapon without even watching the screen.

I always figured there would be three tiers of how players used the weapons:

- Novice: doesn't even know that weapons exist. That's fine, for these players the weapons just give some extra bonus points.
- Intermediate: knows about weapons but just pounds the Launch button when they drain, hoping for something good to save the ball.
- Expert: carefully manages their weapons, using the right ones at the right time.

While not easy to do, it can be immensely rewarding when you intentionally use the Flamethrower to save a draining ball, fire the Pulse Rifle to start 2x scoring right when you start a big stack, or use the Smart Gun to collect that Vent 3 Ambush Super Jackpot that you just can't seem to shoot.

#27337 44 days ago

You can find a description in the rulesheet from page 35-36.

#27338 44 days ago
Quoted from Averell:

I'm not sure if someone really understands how the weapons function is working and how to toggle between?
We don't need any lights or effects on this.
Each time a ball gets into the shooter lane the player can choose one of the collected weapon with the BuyIn-Button and this is shown on the screen.
This feature is working properly since software release 1.3.
To shoot the choosen weapon the player just has to push the Launch-Button while playing the game.
I think it's enough information to give a short advice to this on the apron in form of two decals as it was made on the original plastic apron.

My problem is that I don’t always see which ones I have collected, and which one is activated when I smack the launch button.

Especially during multiballs the weapons are useful and after your hint I thought why not have a light on the apron for each weapon (with description), so you can easily cycle and use. It has, as ferret says, a very important strategic feature, but mostly I also end up being the ‘intermediate’ user; smacking the buttons on ball drain firing all weapons and hopefully activating the ball save.

#27339 44 days ago

Ah ok,
will be helpful if you have all the weapons in miniature on the apron and in front of each a LED that shows the choosen one?
On the right a big flashing arrow that indicates the function of the Launch Button?

#27340 44 days ago

Sincerely, most players are focused on playfield. Then you can get many informations on the screen that is especially loaded on This pin.
You have the extra ball button flashing but WHO is looking to this button on the front of the cabinet?

I just would like to have a light on the apron, linked to extra ball button, that would be a least in my field of view when i play. I’m enough used now to look at this area thanks to buttons on lockbar. A light for each weapon would be great.

#27341 44 days ago

I trained myself to see the button flashing and use the audio queues and when its pistol I just hit it because who doesn't want to advance to 2X?

Shotgun I save and if Ambush is within 2 xenos you can hit activate the ambush and do a ball save.

The smart gun like he said I use it when I have an impossible shot left.

All others I never checked what it does so I just hit it. Good to know about flamethrower. I will use that now.

Changing using extra ball button? Not so much for me.

#27342 44 days ago

I think coil swap worked for me ! the beeping is there but the volume of it on that left flipper is much much less to almost non existent. Thanks for fixing this!

#27343 44 days ago

So finaly the Alien LE 426 is packed to move to USA , the game is put in a playwood cage in 18mm and 25 mm space from the game to the wood.

This will make the traveling as safe as posible .

The game will not move alone ,it will go with its friend LE 54 in Blue trim .

We will see if the new owner of this 2 game will show up on this page .

Hope they will be played well.

IMG_0524 (resized).jpgIMG_0526 (resized).jpgIMG_0533 (resized).jpgIMG_0541 (resized).jpgIMG_0538 (resized).jpgIMG_0542 (resized).jpgIMG_0546 (resized).jpg
#27344 44 days ago

Does anyone know if there is NIB available anywhere? My guess is those are the last one.

#27345 44 days ago
Quoted from royneblom:

So finaly the Alien LE 426 is packed to move to USA , the game is put in a playwood cage in 18mm and 25 mm space from the game to the wood.
This will make the traveling as safe as posible .
The game will not move alone ,it will go with its friend LE 54 in Blue trim .
We will see if the new owner of this 2 game will show up on this page .
Hope they will be played well.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Kenneth, you are the man!!! So very happy that potentially the last 2 NIB of my Alien sisters are coming to the US....I can't thank you enough for helping me get my beauty, when hope was gone.

#27346 43 days ago

Mark...you are spot on about Kenneth! Congrats to the new owners.

#27347 43 days ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Kenneth, you are the man!!! So very happy that potentially the last 2 NIB of my Alien sisters are coming to the US....I can't thank you enough for helping me get my beauty, when hope was gone.

Congrats dude, you probably have the last 2 NIB on the planet. My first ever NIB pin was an Alien LE blue trim, awesome experience. I am sure it will be a great experience receiving and unboxing these Alien beauties!!

#27348 43 days ago

Most amazing game ever and just keeps getting better with all the software updates and mods . Can’t wait for the apron

#27349 43 days ago

Kinda curious, but why does everyone hate the apron?

Not my favorite apron design, but its functional. It doesn't bend like amh. Its not brittle like RZ. Its unique. Guess I like that its unique to hiehgway.

#27350 43 days ago

Mini update, and I will pm all interested or onboard tonight w more detail:

a) sculpted art deal, exclusive to these 25 units, has been secured
b) Andrew contacted me this morning, and I will be able to offer his motion tracker w the apron as a package if you want one.

It for now....mark

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Back Alley Creations
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lynnwood, WASHINGTON
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Back Alley Creations
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Machine - For Sale
Chichester, WEST SUSSEX
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Paris, ÎLE-DE-FRANCE
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 4.95
Apparel - Unisex
ULEKstore
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos
There are 27623 posts in this topic. You are on page 547 of 553.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside