New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 106728)

ALIEN PINBALL - Game Over, Man, Game Over

By HeighwayPinball

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 27,624 posts
  • 1,042 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by JoinTheCirqus
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,551 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

C4C78CFC-629A-4BDC-B5AA-FE85AA91D072 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
DE24D606-0D7A-483D-8F1E-33E88C9524DB (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20200920-022958_Facebook (resized).jpg
DSCN8207 (resized).JPG
IMG_20200909_204905301 (resized).jpg
225600FF-CAD7-478C-A35F-F73D20F2A58F (resized).jpeg
Unbenannt (resized).JPG
DSCN7230 (resized).JPG
DSCN7227 (resized).JPG
DSCN7713 (resized).JPG
DSCN7712 (resized).JPG
72BAC424-E37E-4935-AB25-BB957DD2EEEF (resized).jpeg
20200827_174954 (resized).jpg
20200827_174329 (resized).jpg
20200827_174342 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 27624 posts in this topic. You are on page 546 of 553.
#27251 57 days ago

It should flash briefly when the ball comes out of Vent 1 during single ball play. Vent 1 -> Chestburster lane is a "Host Combo", which accumulates from other combos (somewhat like the End of Line Jackpot on Tron) and also from egg hits.

#27252 56 days ago

This is the proto thats now made. Will keep you posted.

As said; I can make it without acid burn holes, but want to try on this one how it looks with some lighting.

I’ve mounted stabdard SMD led bar; it may be too much light but I anticipated its easier to block holes off than to add them, so I’m starting with maximum flasher power.

Vimtomans motion tracker mod fits exactly on this apron, and Per’s flashermod is intended to hook up to the flashers.

8EB02C8A-BE99-4570-BCD5-26ACEC3EA692 (resized).jpegD840F95C-406F-4F03-AA38-4AC5CB02D162 (resized).jpeg
#27253 56 days ago

I have a question also: Very often if I shoot the inner loop around the scoop it does not detect (there’s 2 inductive switches and needs to register both).

I’m not sure to what extend others have this too?

Of course trying to push the sensors as close to playfield helps, but font get 100% shots that register. Acceptable but can be improved.

I reduced right upper flipper coil power a bit so it goes slower.

But I think the best idea is to make 2 mechanical switches for this; anyone thought about this or has a better solution?

#27254 56 days ago
Quoted from Faust:

As said; I can make it without acid burn holes, but want to try on this one how it looks with some lighting.
I’ve mounted stabdard SMD led bar; it may be too much light but I anticipated its easier to block holes off than to add them, so I’m starting with maximum flasher power.
Vimtomans motion tracker mod fits exactly on this apron, and Per’s flashermod is intended to hook up to the flashers.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks absolutely awesome so excited to see this. I agree more LED flasher power is better easy to reduce. The acid burn holes look amazing !

#27255 56 days ago
Quoted from Faust:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Don’t know if it is a stupid question or ever asked, but is this apron in metal or plastic?

#27256 56 days ago

Its made from steel and is powder-coated in black with the same type as the current finish on the Alien.
So it has a little structure in the finish.

#27257 56 days ago

Requests for the code update:
Reward more points for the ambush SJ.
The SJ inner loop shot should register if the ball triggers the lower OR the upper inductive switch.
Call out for SJ on inner loop should prevail over “mother ready at vent one” or other callouts that block the SJ callout.
Remove the looping sound during ball save. This is extremely annoying during the modes Self destruct and Loader battle. Just let the “scream” and “again” inserts light up.
Adjust the timing of the slingshot coils. This is not yet like a stern or B/W. 1.3 is better than 1.2, but still. The ball needs to get more speed. The bump is too slow.
Add lane change if possible for the bonus x.

#27258 56 days ago

Update 1.4 is finished... why you gave your suggestion after new code is released?

#27259 56 days ago

Hello,

here's the latest version of the ALIEN Rulesheet - enjoy.

Rulesheet_Heighway Pinball - Pinball Brothers_ALIEN_ENG_Rev_1.2_2020-08-05_21-40-30.pdf

#27260 56 days ago
Quoted from Averell:

Hello,
[quoted image]

Man this is nice I’m going to kinkos get it printed in a nice binder and put it in the machine like a jjp manual

#27261 56 days ago
Quoted from Averell:

Update 1.4 is finished... why you gave your suggestion after new code is released?

Look the guy gives some feedback on the game, nobody said here there was an expiration date for comments on 1.4 code release. In fact I’ve not read anything much about it in the thread here at all.

Secondly, I gave BCD a while ago after beta testing about the same input as Maurice gave here (with the exception of the scoring for jackpot), but I dont think he has done anything with this, neither with the very old suggestion to have more shaker in the code.
This decission is BCD’s and he may do it in a future update or not. So that we come late with this is also not the case.

So I'm saying a) BCD has the info and b)let's get more input and find a way to have another update on the code. There is enough support.

You have done a nice job on the updated manual also, thanks a lot!

#27262 56 days ago
Quoted from Averell:

Hello,
[quoted image]

Thanks for the updated manual

#27263 56 days ago
Quoted from Averell:

Hallå,
här är den senaste versionen av ALIEN-regelverket - njut.
[quoted image]

Thanks

#27264 56 days ago
Quoted from Faust:

I have a question also: Very often if I shoot the inner loop around the scoop it does not detect (there’s 2 inductive switches and needs to register both).
I’m not sure to what extend others have this too?
Of course trying to push the sensors as close to playfield helps, but font get 100% shots that register. Acceptable but can be improved.
I reduced right upper flipper coil power a bit so it goes slower.
But I think the best idea is to make 2 mechanical switches for this; anyone thought about this or has a better solution?

If switches must be replaced, opto gates would be far superior to mechanical switches. I have a teardown in my future, and a spare p/f ... I've though of recessing the switch slightly further into the playfield, just the smaller diameter nub part. To leave only max 3mm or so of playfield thickness for that 12mm dia spot. Undecided. Converting to opto switches would be most reliable I think.

#27265 55 days ago

Bonjour a tout la communauté Alien dont nous partageons tous la même passion je suis nouveau sur le forum, et je le plaisir de dialoguer avec vous tous de notre machine préférer , je partagerai prochainement des photos de mon Alien, j'ai lu qu'il y a une mise a jour 1,4 sorti ou peut-on la trouver pour l'obtenir merci a tous

#27267 55 days ago

I may have found a bug in the new 1.4 software. I miraculously made it to "all out war" and my scoop would not detect a ball. I pulled the glass and scoop switch was registering in test just fine. I've had this happen before on 1.2 so it may just be a usual quirk of the game, only have had the game for a week so don't know all of the documented issues.

#27268 55 days ago

I have tested all missions by hand step by step - no issues.

#27269 55 days ago

I appreciate the apron made of metal, but please insert the holes in front to screw the apron to the lane guides beneath.
These lane guides already have threads.

#27270 55 days ago

merci Averell super!
Je remercie encore la communauté pour votre savoir sur les dépannage et les solutions que vous apportez et pour certains d'entres vous qui invente des mods extraordinaires pour notre Alien bravo a tous

#27271 55 days ago
Quoted from enzare45:

Bonjour a tout la communauté Alien dont nous partageons tous la même passion je suis nouveau sur le forum, et je le plaisir de dialoguer avec vous tous de notre machine préférer , je partagerai prochainement des photos de mon Alien, j'ai lu qu'il y a une mise a jour 1,4 sorti ou peut-on la trouver pour l'obtenir merci a tous

Welcome. Please share your alien pictures !
Bienvenue, j’espère voir tes photos rapidement. À bientôt.

#27272 55 days ago
Quoted from enzare45:

merci Averell super!
Je remercie encore la communauté pour votre savoir sur les dépannage et les solutions que vous apportez et pour certains d'entres vous qui invente des mods extraordinaires pour notre Alien bravo a tous

J'am appelle oneangrymo. Nous allons play Alien?

(I took french for 8 years, and this is all I can come up/remember, isnt' that sad).

#27273 55 days ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

J'am appelle oneangrymo. Nous allons play Alien?
(I took french for 8 years, and this is all I can come up/remember, isnt' that sad).

Je m’appelle oneangrymo. Jouons à Alien?

#27274 55 days ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

Je m’appelle oneangrymo. Jouons à Alien?

Ah.. Je fume l'herb et bete.

#27275 55 days ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Ah.. Je fume l'herb et bete.

Really? You smoked grass ??
Interesting. Let’s go back on track.

#27276 55 days ago

I'm liking this... talk about a great game AND dust off my very rusty French.

#27277 54 days ago

je reviens pour vous montrer les photos de mon bébé,ajout d'une figurine bischop,rampe gauche le vaisseau USS Sulaco couloir de droite 2 century guns, changement complet kit élastique plateau de couleurs translucide, dernière génération, ajout de l'oeuf ouvert avec facehugger, les haut parleurs transparent avec grille verte + une bande led rajouter, le flasch mod bientôt installer, et les decal set rampe, d'autres mod vont être rajouter bientôt

IMG_20200807_105013 (resized).jpgIMG_20200807_105048 (resized).jpgIMG_20200807_105253 (resized).jpgIMG_20200807_105341 (resized).jpgIMG_20200807_105612 (resized).jpgIMG_20200807_110704 (resized).jpgIMG_20200807_105612 (resized).jpgIMG_20200807_104733 (resized).jpgIMG_20200807_105253 (resized).jpg
#27278 54 days ago

je l'ai acheté neuf depuis 2ans je l'ai reçu juin 2018, date de fabrication le 04/ 04/ 2018 de dernière génération numéro 338

IMG_20200522_174432 (resized).jpg
#27279 54 days ago

je remercie Benjamin Duplan ,Flipperfrance , premier distributeur français situé a Lachapelle-sous-Aubenas, de m'avoir fait obtenir mon Alien promesse tenue, avec 2 mois et demi d'attente c'était long mais la passion n'a pas de prix

#27280 54 days ago

your game is #336 (if i read well). i think we got game from same batch, mine is 11/04/18
Nice pins with lots of mods.
Don't forget to play it!

#27281 54 days ago

merci ,oui c'est le même lot dernière fabrication, dernière génération et je n'ai aucun problème de carte d'électronique de câble de connections tout fonctionne très bien chaque partie jouer est un plaisir quelques petit soucis d'ajustement mineur et résolu

#27282 54 days ago

Working on new Cliffys (two parts) for the shooter lane.
I will get the metal sheets within the next weeks... they are in laser production already.
Later on you can buy the shooter lane protectors directly from Cliff.
Pictures will follow if the parts are installed.

I will update the airlock frame also and put a new PET-G protector (3 mm) in between frame and monitor.

#27283 54 days ago

oui c'est bien le 336 erreur de frappe autant pour moi, oui de belle broche nous avons et la chance d'avoir les derniers du lot. je joue souvent a chaque fois que je le vois ,je peut pas m'enpecher d'y jouer

#27284 54 days ago

super je serais intéressée et hâte de voir les photos bravo

#27285 54 days ago

Hope you have downloaded and read the new Rulesheet?

#27286 54 days ago

Olisi kiva, jos kaikki voisivat tässä threadissa puhua suomea!

#27287 54 days ago

oui merci Averell pour la nouvelle feuille de règle super.
je suppose que grand nombre personnes on déjà installé la nouvelle mise jour 1.4 avez vous jouer avec? pas de problème constater, j'aimerais avoir vos avis

#27288 54 days ago
Quoted from enzare45:

oui merci Averell pour la nouvelle feuille de règle super.
je suppose que grand nombre personnes on déjà installé la nouvelle mise jour 1.4 avez vous jouer avec? pas de problème constater, j'aimerais avoir vos avis

Salut Enzare. Utilise Google traduction pour mettre tes messages en anglais plutôt pour que les autres puissent te répondre.

Hello Enzare. This is a world forum, use google translation to bring more people to the discussion.

#27289 54 days ago

Yes, I made a long testing period to ensure that everything is working properly.

#27290 54 days ago

To the limit one more time

#27291 54 days ago
Quoted from enzare45:

je l'ai acheté neuf depuis 2ans je l'ai reçu juin 2018, date de fabrication le 04/ 04/ 2018 de dernière génération numéro 338
[quoted image]

It looks great ! Thanks for sharing your pictures.

#27292 54 days ago

If anyone has a spare of ramp decals for sale, let me know.
Thanks

#27293 54 days ago

Decided to get averills / Ferrets / PER manual professionally printed looks awesome with heavy duty paper. Might as well read about my favorite pin during down time at work. Please don’t update it anytime soon thanks

6FC76985-7811-4CC9-895A-C3F0F2094F98 (resized).jpeg25478564-A86F-40FF-B0B2-36B937DF6DDB (resized).jpeg

DDD0AD8C-A8DA-4BD0-9AF1-195C1D3C5A3B (resized).jpeg

#27294 54 days ago

Very nice

#27295 54 days ago

I appreciate the intent, but please, credit where it’s due: that manual is Averell’s outstanding work, not mine. He kindly gave me credit for borrowing text that I’d written here over the years, and I offered some editorial feedback on his drafts. But accolades for creating the book should all go to him.

I love all the community support for this game!

#27296 54 days ago

Don't forget PER, he first wrote a lot of information down for a smaller rulesheet.

#27297 54 days ago

Hi,
Need help as i get an issue with my game.
While i was repairing the tongue, the magnetic end had come off, then i stuck it again and let it dry a while.
So i turn on the game and it doesn’t boot, stuck here.
What do i need to do?
Thanks

Edit: i had just updated to 1.4

F1EE8DB8-0DAF-4A96-93A2-C2C55E045BEF (resized).jpeg

#27298 54 days ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

If anyone has a spare of ramp decals for sale, let me know.
Thanks

I would be interested as well for a decal set if anyone has one for sale.

#27299 54 days ago

Hi,
Need help as i get an issue with my game.
While i was repairing the tongue, the magnetic end had come off, then i stuck it again and let it dry a while.
So i turn on the game and it doesn’t boot, stuck here.
What do i need to do?
Thanks
Edit: i had just updated to 1.4
[quoted image]

Better pic.
All i/o board are flashing red and orange
Can reset system?
There is reset button on i/o board.
Looks like the same issue that mightygrave had in the past. Don’t know how he fixed it.
DF272389-D54D-4094-9992-F8EA25FE9664 (resized).jpeg

#27300 54 days ago

Better pic.
All i/o board are flashing red and orange
Can reset system?
There is reset button on i/o board.
Looks like the same issue that mightygrave had in the past. Don’t know how he fixed it.
[quoted image]

Unfortunately I think u have to reinstall the software completely link is here somewhere . Have to hook up keyboard and mouse etc

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Chichester, WEST SUSSEX
$ 349.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 499.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Back Alley Creations
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Back Alley Creations
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Paris, ÎLE-DE-FRANCE
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 9.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 30.00
There are 27624 posts in this topic. You are on page 546 of 553.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside