pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 545 of 601.
#27201 3 years ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

Just a teaser on 1 of my 3 "environmental" mods im making to sell. The sub level and level will be EL Panel backlit like the movie. They will interchange with "A deck" or "B Deck" if wanting more Alien than Aliens. Still needs to be painted to match the elevator in Aliens and some other panels completed. They will go over the ball drops from the orbits to the flippers. Im working on more mods to spiff up the ramp return plastics more in tune with the movie as well as an el lighting mod since the fiber optics got pulled from the original design as they were done poorly. Stay tune....
[quoted image][quoted image]

How is this mod coming? I want to see it on the playfield!

#27202 3 years ago

I looked in the marketplace but I can no longer find the clear speaker mod. Anyone have a link or a contact on that? And if anybody else has done any cool mods that they would like to show off, I’m really interested in adding onto mine some more.

#27203 3 years ago

I did the first limited run (20) of these clear speaker panels - sold out and no reproduction by me.
There's another guy here who also produced some of the speaker panels, maybe he can help?

#27204 3 years ago

Oh guys! I wanna buy all these coming mods, look so great! The environmental mod from Nethawk86 and airlock frame frol Averell are so nice.
Also would like update of hyper sleep chamber mod

#27205 3 years ago

The Airlock frame is not my development, another guy here provided a 3D printable data file... search some pages before.
I just put some decals and coating on it.

#27206 3 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

The Airlock frame is not my development, another guy here provided a 3D printable data file... search some pages before.
I just put some decals and coating on it.

ok so each one can provide his own one?

#27207 3 years ago

Yes, download the file, print and paint - done.

#27208 3 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Yes, download the file, print and paint - done.

Man I bought your replacement covers for the backbox like what was it 1 year ago, still sitting in my trunk, I gotta get to it!

#27209 3 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

The Airlock frame is done and it looks fantastic.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Hey Averell, are you making these? If you are, I would be interested in buying one for my pin.

#27210 3 years ago

Update on the apron:

We've made the 3D model and are now working on the artwork.
We have chosen for 'acid burn' design, and it will have acid burn holes in the apron (with green under it).

Note this is a rough sketch!

Some features:
-On the front side there will be 2 bright led strips, meant to hook up to Per's flasher mod. This will give a strong flasher effect when the xeno eats the ball.

-Andrew's motion tracker mod with display will be standard, it will fit right over an acid burn hole where the ball is (see pictures)
-Alien logo lighted, I may change this for Weyland Yutani logo (comments welcome).
-For now I added the art for the self destruct of the Nostromo, it can go off or something else, comments welcome
-For LE owners I will make a serial plate of the Nostromo with your LE nr on it, and rivet this to the apron (see second picture).
alien-apron (resized).pngalien-apron (resized).png

alternative-logo-alien (resized).pngalternative-logo-alien (resized).png

#27212 3 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

Update on the apron:
We've made the 3D model and are not working on the artwork.
We have chosen for 'acid burn' design, and it will have acid burn holes in the apron (with green under it).
Some features:
-On the front side there will be 2 bright led strips, meant to hook up to Per's flasher mod. This will give a strong flasher effect when the xeno eats the ball.
-Andrew's motion tracker mod with display will be standard, it will fit right over an acid burn hole where the ball is (see pictures)
-Alien logo lighted, I may change this for Weyland Yutani logo (comments welcome).
-For now I added the art for the self destruct of the Nostromo, it can go off or something else, comments welcome
-For LE owners I will make a serial plate of the Nostromo with your LE nr on it, and rivet this to the apron (see second picture).
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Man Im so glad I have an Alien, even if it did fall on me and break my leg.. awesome, just awesome work.

#27213 3 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

Update on the apron:
Some features:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Very nice!!!!!

#27214 3 years ago

I take now the orders for the ramp light mod, I have sufficient demand.
I make one run only.
For those who forgot:

Pricing post:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/543#post-5759066

The prototype product:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/542#post-5756119

I will write everyone that is in my inbox the coming days. In case you get no reply, write me back

#27215 3 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

Update on the apron:
Some features:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Looks great !

#27216 3 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

I make one run only.
For those who forgot:
Pricing post:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/543#post-5759066
The prototype product:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/542#post-5756119
I will write everyone that is in my inbox the coming days. In case you get no reply, write me back

The apron looks fantastic!

#27217 3 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

Update on the apron:
Some features:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Regarding the art, the top one is better for me. Are you planning to leave room for a set of insteuction? Anyway no big deal for me.

For the holes, I’m not a huge fan.
A plate would be a great idea.

I look forward for this! That is THE MOD for this pin.

#27218 3 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

David Thiel has done lots of great work throughout his career, but his effort on Allen’s audio package is truly remarkable.

Absolutely his best and that's saying something. Alien has the best sound package period.

#27219 3 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

Update on the apron:
Some features:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Great job on this as the apron is the one thing on this game that is a little too simple. Can't wait to get one.

#27220 3 years ago

Happy to report after nearly one year of non functioning back egg leds and with all ur help I have replaced the first Led in the chain and I’m back to fully functional !
Thanks
93D4260F-60C5-40C2-9585-8172A5A3A270 (resized).jpeg93D4260F-60C5-40C2-9585-8172A5A3A270 (resized).jpeg
You can see the bad led , in case it helps someone that brownish liquid stuff helps identify it’s bad

C43BDCDE-5485-4400-85F0-E9E035633134 (resized).jpegC43BDCDE-5485-4400-85F0-E9E035633134 (resized).jpeg
#27221 3 years ago

Oh wait one of my face huggers missing a leg crap back to the drawing board

0BA01013-9AC6-49B5-A5E6-60DE9698B662 (resized).jpeg0BA01013-9AC6-49B5-A5E6-60DE9698B662 (resized).jpeg

#27222 3 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

I make one run only.
For those who forgot:
Pricing post:
The prototype product:

Have already put some beacons. But i would like to order your mod, it will reward your efforts and complete my beacons.
I will readdress those i already have then i could appreciate them more often.

One question: can i choose color?

I’m in.

#27223 3 years ago

Yes, you can choose the colors you want. There is orange, red and blue.
You can PM me with how you want it, and I'll make it.

Everything comes with a plug and play wiring harness.

#27224 3 years ago

So for the apron the holes are supposed to get some acid burn 3D effect, I'm working on that.
I will make a proto Apron next week and keep everyone posted.

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
#27225 3 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

So for the apron the holes are supposed to get some acid burn 3D effect, I'm working on that.
I will make a proto Apron next week and keep everyone posted.[quoted image]

Actual Acid!? .... .......

Can it be CNC milled?

#27226 3 years ago

Well we are going to try some things, suggestions welcome.

If course the best would be to have acid and make a real acid burn

Lets see how it turns out

#27227 3 years ago

Really good stuff this new Apron - keep going!

#27228 3 years ago

Does anyone have instructions on how to lift up that right ramp so I can fit some foam under it to lift it up so it’s level with play field ?

#27229 3 years ago

Yes:

There are 2 nuts on the bottom. Remove them.
Remove the plastic surrounding the scoop and loosen the srews that keep the wireframe in place.

With the plastic removed you can see what else you should remove.

If everything is loose, just wiggle and pull a bit.

#27230 3 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

Yes:
There are 2 nuts on the bottom. Remove them.
Remove the plastic surrounding the scoop and loosen the srews that keep the wireframe in place.
With the plastic removed you can see what else you should remove.
If everything is loose, just wiggle and pull a bit.

Thanks that worked out perfect took me 5 mins , loosened the two bolts under neath lifted it just a tad , put some old
Sound foam I had Around the house underneath squeezed it in with a flat had screw driver making sure to stay away from play field and boom no more
Stuck ball !

03F81837-C09C-41A4-A021-7491B274E196 (resized).jpeg03F81837-C09C-41A4-A021-7491B274E196 (resized).jpeg
#27231 3 years ago
Quoted from dpeck3:

How is this mod coming? I want to see it on the playfield!

Im still in the design and testing phase, but its around the corner. Currently those with LEs and those that have the optional side EL blades will be able to drop this mod in. But those without, i will have to make a package for them so they can install these, so thats taking some time as well as im adding on a design change here and will see what your guys opinions are on it before i implement it. Then next up is my environmental mod, and then finally ill be doing my airlock mod, which that one that was just released kinda made me do a start from scratch as his was very close to mine just without my features that ive been working on for over a year, but i didnt want people saying im copying anyone. I just got the el panels for my beacon mod and hooked it up last night and i can say....its freaking awesome! Really gives the pin more depth and looks killer!

#27232 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Thanks that worked out perfect took me 5 mins , loosened the two bolts under neath lifted it just a tad , put some old
Sound foam I had Around the house underneath squeezed it in with a flat had screw driver making sure to stay away from play field and boom no more
Stuck ball ![quoted image]

I need to do the same thing on my end. Mainly started to happen after I installed new ramps. Noticed the right one is not quite level with the playfield.

#27233 3 years ago

Does anyone know anything about an updated ball lock by pinball brothers ? For some reason my machine is launching two balls all over again and I do not think they are magnetized

#27234 3 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

Update on the apron:
Some features:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Looking pretty cool! I think I prefer the top version with the lit Alien text. Do you think there will be an option without the acid burn holes?

#27235 3 years ago
Quoted from waywinn:

Looking pretty cool! I think I prefer the top version with the lit Alien text. Do you think there will be an option without the acid burn holes?

If it's an option I would prefer not to have acid burn holes as well. The "Alien" in the middle I prefer to the Weyland-Yutani logo. Like the acid burn, I feel like there is enough of it in the game already.

No acid and "ALIEN" will look clean and finished. Factory (but not using temp cheap plastic kinda factory). I am also going to need somewhere for pricing/instruction cards, but I guess that can be sorted with or without providence.

#27236 3 years ago

My machine shop called last week, letting me know the prototype of my metal apron will be ready in about a week to fit in the game. He also stated he'd be willing to do a run of 25 if there was interest. This was great ( unexpected) news, so wanted to share.

It's happening, and happy that some in the community will have a chance to get one. I'll post pics of the proto once in my hands, and provide more details. A different approach. I think I posted my direction some time ago .

Not detracting from others current efforts, simply a long awaited update to share. It will be a "one and done" offering.

#27237 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

My machine shop called last week, letting me know the prototype of my metal apron will be ready in about a week to fit in the game. He also stated he'd be willing to do a run of 25 if there was interest. This was great ( unexpected) news, so wanted to share.
It's happening, and happy that some in the community will have a chance to get one. I'll post pics of the proto once in my hands, and provide more details. A different approach. I think I posted my direction some time ago .
Not detracting from others current efforts, simply a long awaited update to share. It will be a "one and done" offering.

looking forward to it!

#27238 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Yeah, this is why i also posted my updates as well after some time working on it as others are starting to walk along the same line. So i wanted to just show its being done. I am totally down for an apron and like the directions these are heading. Might pickup both and swap depending on my mood hahahahaha.

#27239 3 years ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

Yeah, this is why i also posted my updates as well after some time working on it as others are starting to walk along the same line. So i wanted to just show its being done. I am totally down for an apron and like the directions these are heading. Might pickup both and swap depending on my mood hahahahaha.

I'll be all over yours, guaranteed. Think you'll like how this turns out. I haven't been this excited in awhile.

#27240 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'll be all over yours, guaranteed. Think you'll like how this turns out. I haven't been this excited in awhile.

#27241 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

That’s great. I can’t wait to see it. You’re right, this is really exciting.

#27242 3 years ago

Too funny!!!! ( But wait, that's what she said.. )

#27243 3 years ago
Quoted from waywinn:

Yes, there will be an option without it. I have to see how well it turns out anyway. If it's not nice, I will leave it off on all of them.
One thing I didn't mention: the apron is now centered around the ball drain (so not like the current one off-center when looking at the flippers).

#27244 3 years ago

By the way, I will make a one time batch, the run depends on the demand. Depends also on Vimtoman if he wants to make more of the motion tracker mod, which will be on the apron (for those who already have it, they can add it later).

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/542#post-5754289

#27245 3 years ago

img_4146 (resized).jpgimg_4146 (resized).jpg

I'm thinking of these covers... but the price!

Either way, I'm going to mount the beacons inverse, pointing downward, so that the light is shed more across the playfieild than upward.

#27246 3 years ago

They are nice strobes. Expensive but nice
Only issue is the wire is really low gauge. Whisker thin

#27247 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Can’t wait to see it. And anyone else, count me in for mods!

#27248 3 years ago

I ordered this rug about a month ago. I thought it got lost in the mail and I actually filed a PayPal dispute and then it showed up today. I already placed an order for a second one. It might take about a month to get here but if somebody wants it, let me know. It would be $70 plus shipping. It’s 3 x 5 and it’s kind of made out of the same material that a bathmat would be made out of. Cool mat though. If nobody calls it now, I’ll list it when it shows up.

769BD9DD-683A-4F18-B388-84B5717FC453 (resized).jpeg769BD9DD-683A-4F18-B388-84B5717FC453 (resized).jpeg9E5736F2-6A7A-4A6E-8FCF-90A8B88950DE (resized).jpeg9E5736F2-6A7A-4A6E-8FCF-90A8B88950DE (resized).jpeg
#27249 3 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

Update on the apron:
Some features:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

The LED strips sounds a great idea - i personally would love to see real acid burns in the apron and back lit to highlight would be awesome so hope that option works out and ends up in final production. So excited to have one of these great Alien pins.

Also think the Alien logo version is better. LE plaque awesome idea.

#27250 3 years ago

So after nearly 2 years of owning the game I was just wondering about the Host insert below the chestbuster lane: does it ever light up? What does it stand for? I think it has to do with combos, correct?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
9,799 (OBO)
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 545 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/545?hl=chipscott and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.