pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 540 of 601.
#26951 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

version 1.4-beacon lubers edition

I’m sorry I meant 1.3. No need to be a jerk.

#26952 3 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

There's no official version 1.4 available yet, just some test files and not for public.
The glitch is in version 1.3 with a known bug in the tunnel hunt mission.
All these issues will be fixed with the next release of version 1.4.

Thank you. I miss typed. I meant version 1.3. I fixed my post.

#26953 3 years ago

No problem, we should just avoid that a rumor is started that there is a version 1.4.
Be patience...

#26954 3 years ago

I appreciate Brian providing 1.3 as it was substantial in other polish areas (and I don't complete Tunnel Hunt that often anyway).

All of his efforts are above and beyond, imho. Greatful, and there was no rumor last time as he posted himself (as it should be).

When (and if) he provides another rev, I'm sure he will do the same.

#26955 3 years ago
Quoted from dpeck3:

I’m sorry I meant 1.3. No need to be a jerk.

it was a reference to someone else's post. As in a joke

#26956 3 years ago

Request for the next update: remove the repeating sound while ball save is active. It is especially annoying during the wizard modes. Just let the two “shoot” and “again” inserts flash while ball save is active. That provides all the info needed.

#26957 3 years ago

Brian is working an version 1.4 and there's no doubt about that he's doing a very grateful job under all these cicumstances.
But we have to wait until all our suggestions and tests will be implemented and compiled into the new code.

#26958 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I've seen a solution someone had for this, but can't find where ... it was a year or two ago.
[quoted image]
It was a plastic (3dprinted) shim with edge lips both sides, on both sides. Fitted in between it maintained vertical alignment, to combat this very issue. I think maybe the stack ended up bolted together.
That is another option.... just lose the rivets, and try bolts, using a bit more tension than the rivets can provide.

Seeing that you are in South Australia if you want to save on shipping something from the usa and print it yourself. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3022038

Unsure if will fit those exact targets but you can resize them yourself.

#26959 3 years ago

Do you guys know the breakdown of numbers on LEs and SEs? I know it's in here but the math didn't seem to make sense with the blue LEs, green, etc.

#26960 3 years ago

Here's my 3D-Print version of the Airlock frame and some decals from Ebay.
First I have to polish the frame and do some airbrush with the matching colors in a light grey tone.

DSCN8110 (resized).JPGDSCN8110 (resized).JPG

DSCN8112 (resized).JPGDSCN8112 (resized).JPG

#26961 3 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Here's my 3D-Print version of the Airlock frame and some decals from Ebay.
First I have to polish the frame and do some airbrush with the matching colors in a light grey tone.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Looks great! I just got my airlock frame also. Where did you get those stickers on eBay? What are they called?

#26962 3 years ago

Just finished installing the last of the toys I want to install. The pictures really don’t do it justice. Looks fantastic! This thing is going to really pop once I get the strobe lights installed.
And I got my 3-D printed airlock cover. Thank you! Can’t wait to decorate it.

D24E8FCA-2442-429F-8BB7-FDF0E71AC6C1 (resized).jpegD24E8FCA-2442-429F-8BB7-FDF0E71AC6C1 (resized).jpeg2611C2CA-1B47-4D9E-BBEF-B8FA155E905E (resized).jpeg2611C2CA-1B47-4D9E-BBEF-B8FA155E905E (resized).jpegA5F8F828-FCD0-488D-9D17-786D96194731 (resized).jpegA5F8F828-FCD0-488D-9D17-786D96194731 (resized).jpegC32AF76E-34F5-4A94-8190-1D59245906F5 (resized).jpegC32AF76E-34F5-4A94-8190-1D59245906F5 (resized).jpeg50A93D8D-838D-47FE-9E49-A93E32867046 (resized).jpeg50A93D8D-838D-47FE-9E49-A93E32867046 (resized).jpeg0F45C861-F947-4875-BDEC-3450C1EE5546 (resized).jpeg0F45C861-F947-4875-BDEC-3450C1EE5546 (resized).jpeg
#26963 3 years ago
Quoted from dpeck3:

Looks great! I just got my airlock frame also. Where did you get those stickers on eBay? What are they called?

You can get the water decals from here. they also have the numbers etc.

You need to prime the surface with a grey acrylic primer. Add the decals and then spray with satin clear acrylic.

Look up modeling decals. They are a bit fiddly to put on but look great after clear has been applied.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hazard-Stripes-Waterslide-Transfers-Decals/353051498846?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

#26964 3 years ago

I pulled the 6V regular light bulbs from the extra ball, start and launch button at the cabinet front. They become too hot. I tried 6V and 12V leds but these all melted immediately or were toasted directly. Any suggestions? Should I use regular 12v small light bulbs?

#26965 3 years ago

I need an Alien expert!
I have a machine and it seems to work perfectly...except for the coils.
When no coil has fired, the next coil fired is strong as it should be...but if you fire another coil immediately, it's very weak and if you keep trying to fire one (like a flipper) they become weaker and weaker.
If you wait a few seconds, the first coil to fire is strong again.
I've replaced all 4 USB cables with double shielded and ferrite.
I have also done the capacitor mod.
I appreciate the help.

#26966 3 years ago

So I ended up printing them out on photo paper and sticking them on. They look great! Here’s the new airlock. Thank you! My personal hint is to use double-sided tape to attach it over the existing screen. First of all, the screws don’t lineup exactly. Secondly, If you unscrew the existing screws, you’ll damage the decal on the existing screen, It’s painted on there using an inkjet and it scratches very easily. Using double-sided tape to stick the new airlock on keeps everything original and you can’t tell the difference!

EE510003-5EA7-4356-8DD5-FFD71C0D92E5 (resized).jpegEE510003-5EA7-4356-8DD5-FFD71C0D92E5 (resized).jpegAF40513A-84B6-4675-8AB6-8400C19A7AC5 (resized).jpegAF40513A-84B6-4675-8AB6-8400C19A7AC5 (resized).jpeg7B5C5317-4173-43C1-94F4-53227CB14011 (resized).jpeg7B5C5317-4173-43C1-94F4-53227CB14011 (resized).jpeg

#26967 3 years ago

For the first time ever my Aliens went nuts. Just froze with no flipper controlled and did a reset. Any ideas? Turned it off and on it has been fine since. Maybe it overheated or something?

#26968 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

For the first time ever my Aliens went nuts. Just froze with no flipper controlled and did a reset. Any ideas? Turned it off and on it has been fine since. Maybe it overheated or something?

My opinion is that bottom line, it’s still a PC. And PC’s freeze up On occasion. I don’t think it’s anything to worry about unless it continues. But you should at least check your cooling fans and make sure everything’s working. And make sure you’re in a cool room. If you’re outside in the garage and it’s 100° out, a computer can get really hot.

#26969 3 years ago
Quoted from Jeffreyjonesbsme:

I need an Alien expert!
When no coil has fired, the next coil fired is strong as it should be...but if you fire another coil immediately, it's very weak and if you keep trying to fire one (like a flipper) they become weaker and weaker.
I appreciate the help.

Are the capacitors too large? . Are the wires from the 70v power supply upgraded?

#26970 3 years ago

I need an Alien expert!
I appreciate the help.

I'd probably pull the capacitors first if the problem just popped up. Might have a leaky/ faulty one that is sucking the PS down.

#26971 3 years ago

Thank you to ChipScott (decals) and Vimtoman (3D print) for your great work !!

Looks superb !!

IMG_7858 (resized).JPGIMG_7858 (resized).JPGIMG_7860 (resized).JPGIMG_7860 (resized).JPGIMG_7861 (resized).JPGIMG_7861 (resized).JPGIMG_7862 (resized).JPGIMG_7862 (resized).JPG
#26972 3 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Thank you to chipscott (decals) and Vimtoman (3D print) for your great work !!
Looks superb !![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How can I get some of those decals? I like em!

#26973 3 years ago

Contact ChipScott ... he will send you the files via EMail.
Let them print in a online store as a sticker and cut them out ... easy doing. I like them because the graphics are very well done, fits perfect to the machine.

#26974 3 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Contact ChipScott ... he will send you the files via EMail.
Let them print in a online store as a sticker and cut them out ... easy doing. I like them because the graphics are very well done, fits perfect to the machine.

I also have a set and they look great.
The door is a perfect choice.

#26975 3 years ago

Agreed. Decals look amazing!!!!

#26976 3 years ago

Thanks guys, I am so glad you dig them!!
When I look at archive pictures of my machine and the ramps as they were before, I've gotten so used to the decals being there that the ramps look bare naked without them!! haha.
I am so glad that they made it safely to all that got them and/or downloaded the files...and I'm so I pleased that everyone is enjoying them
It was a fun endeavor!
-Chip

#26977 3 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Thanks guys, I am so glad you dig them!!
When I look at archive pictures of my machine and the ramps as they were before, I've gotten so used to the decals being there that the ramps look bare naked without them!! haha.
I am so glad that they made it safely to all that got them and/or downloaded the files...and I'm so I pleased that everyone is enjoying them
It was a fun endeavor!
-Chip

Can I get a set? Can you email them to me? [email protected]. Thx!

#26978 3 years ago

I got in touch with an expert.
He had me do lots of testing and his assumption is the 70V power supply may be going bad.
He's looking for a good substitute.
Does anyone here have a lead?

#26979 3 years ago

I got in touch with an expert.
He had me do lots of testing and his assumption is the 70V power supply may be going bad.
He's looking for a good substitute.
Does anyone here have a lead?

Meanwell makes many solid units. Hit Mouser or Digikey to grab appropriate model.

Get a robust 12v supply as well while you're there... existing unit is undersized and crap

#26980 3 years ago

I put this up in the other thread as well

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32812372400.html

I believe this is the updated 70v psu. (oem?)

Upgrade the buss wiring for 70v to a heavier guage, if it has not been done already..

#26981 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I put this up in the other thread as well
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32812372400.html
I believe this is the updated 70v psu. (oem?)
Upgrade the buss wiring for 70v to a heavier guage, if it has not been done already..

7a @70v?!? No wonder the cap mod works. Good grief

( Gotta pop the top tomorrow night and check mine...changed my 12v some time back)

#26983 3 years ago

So I installed some mini beacons in the existing holes where they are presently mounted. They are 4.5v-6v beacons. The LEDs throughout the playfield appear to be 12 V. Anybody know where I can grab 4.5-6v power on fhe playfield to light them up?

824D32A3-94C7-4F55-9973-37F66A3C4653 (resized).jpeg824D32A3-94C7-4F55-9973-37F66A3C4653 (resized).jpegBDC77088-A6AD-4912-9F57-E9E7B04241D5 (resized).jpegBDC77088-A6AD-4912-9F57-E9E7B04241D5 (resized).jpeg
#26985 3 years ago
Quoted from dpeck3:

So I installed some mini beacons in the existing holes where they are presently mounted. They are 4.5v-6v beacons. The LEDs throughout the playfield appear to be 12 V. Anybody know where I can grab 4.5-6v power on fhe playfield to light them up?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Contact Faust as he has a great pcb mod for triggering these off switches etc
Not sure if they work on a 5v beacon so ask.

#26986 3 years ago
Quoted from Vimtoman:

Contact faust as he has a great pcb mod for triggering these off switches etc
Not sure if they work on a 5v beacon so ask.

Thank you! I actually want them to run the entire time because I think they look cool and add to the game. So if I could just find a constant 6V power somewhere, that’s what I’m really looking for. I’m going to trigger the strobe lights pointed at the 2 aliens using the same power from the beacon lights.

#26987 3 years ago

So I bought a USB powered fan and my theory is this. By placing it on the left vent blowing outward, it will pull cool air in from the right hand vent, technically go across the computer and cool it and exhaust that air. Thoughts?

3168EA4C-64EE-4FD5-92B8-6160631E481D (resized).jpeg3168EA4C-64EE-4FD5-92B8-6160631E481D (resized).jpeg
#26988 3 years ago

Another question. Is the extra game knocker supposed to work on these machines? My machine is obviously set on free play so I’m not sure if it only knocks when in regular mode or not. When I win a free game by getting a high score, knocks through the speaker but the actual knocker in the machine does not go off.

#26989 3 years ago
Quoted from dpeck3:

Another question. Is the extra game knocker supposed to work on these machines? My machine is obviously set on free play so I’m not sure if it only knocks when in regular mode or not. When I win a free game by getting a high score, knocks through the speaker but the actual knocker in the machine does not go off.

Mine does. I think there is a setting. Someone here will know.

#26990 3 years ago
Quoted from dpeck3:

So I bought a USB powered fan and my theory is this. By placing it on the left vent blowing outward, it will pull cool air in from the right hand vent, technically go across the computer and cool it and exhaust that air. Thoughts?
[quoted image]

And don’t bother replying on my cooling fan post. It does absolutely nothing. I checked it with air blowing in and air blowing out and there was not one bit of temperature difference on the processor

#26991 3 years ago

In addition to trying to find 6V power, now I’m having a problem with some LEDs. I just created a YouTube video so that it would be more understandable. Its below but basically whenever I click the right flipper, and only the right flipper, the lower LEDs flash briefly. The left bumper changes color each time I press the flipper. Checked all the wiring and made sure all of the LEDs were tight. You can tap on the board, tap the playfield and nothing happens. It only happens when you click the right hand flipper button. I’ve been playing the hell out of this game lately and I’ve put probably 300 plays on it since I’ve owned it. Just noticed it happening. Not a huge deal but I don’t want it blowing out LEDs with that random flicker. Ideas?

#26992 3 years ago

Shhhhhhh. Guess who's back!

My beloved alien. Missed you. Still my favorite game to date.

My game is on 1.2. I think 1.3 is official with 1.4 recently released. Is 1.4 the one to use now and if so, where can I grab that?

Excited to be back.

20200713_221348 (resized).jpg20200713_221348 (resized).jpg

#26993 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Shhhhhhh. Guess who's back!
My beloved alien. Missed you. Still my favorite game to date.
My game is on 1.2. I think 1.3 is official with 1.4 recently released. Is 1.4 the one to use now and if so, where can I grab that?
Excited to be back.
Good to be back. Cheers
[quoted image]

Welcome back! I’m Dave. Only had my machine for about a month or so but I’m liking it more and more. I have 1.3 on my machine and I think 1.4 is in the pipeline but not released yet. We’re not supposed to talk about it, LOL. Check your inbox. Thanks!

#26994 3 years ago

Hardware knocker works fine, but first you have to switch off the software knocker in the menu.
I have rebuild the enitre knocker assy because most oft the ALIEN machine doesn't have it.
Just to know, the bracket is the same as the one from the shooter lane.
The hardware knocker was installed in Full Throttle machines but later droped in ALIEN machines due to cost reduction.

Play the ALIEN with software version 1.2 - the 1.3 has some issues and is no more available to download.
A new final version is in progress, so be patience.

Flickering LED were caused by interferring coils, version 1.3 has an entry in the menu where to swap slingshot and flipper coils (wiring need to be changed).
It doesn't work properly yet but with the next update this issue should also be fixed.

#26995 3 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Hardware knocker works fine, but first you have to switch off the software knocker in the menu.
I have rebuild the enitre knocker assy because most oft the ALIEN machine doesn't have it.
Just to know, the bracket is the same as the one from the shooter lane.
The hardware knocker was installed in Full Throttle machines but later droped in ALIEN machines due to cost reduction.
Play the ALIEN with software version 1.2 - the 1.3 has some issues and is no more available to download.
A new final version is in progress, so be patience.
Flickering LED were caused by interferring coils, version 1.3 has an entry in the menu where to swap slingshot and flipper coils (wiring need to be changed).
It doesn't work properly yet but with the next update this issue should also be fixed.

Great info. Thank you. So the software update will fix the flicker? What setting do I change and what wiring has to be changed?

#26996 3 years ago

If you have installed software version 1.3 look into the coil settings.
There's an entry "Swap Slingshot...", toggle the value to "Yes" and swap the wiring under the playfield form the left flipper coil and left slingshot.
But take care, version 1.3 is not working properly, wait for the final release!
Brians intension was to eleminate the "Beep" while left button is pressed, but the result wasn't as good as expected.
After testing a while we found some more issues in version 1.3 so it's strongly recommended not to install version 1.3!

#26997 3 years ago

If anyone has an extra pair of side pf lights to illuminate the inner pf art, pm me. Will pay well and asap.

Just checking before I end up buying it from the vendor and doing a custom install.

Also same for the PCB top middle and lower boards. Would be interested in buying them.

Thanks

#26998 3 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

If you have installed software version 1.3 look into the coil settings.
There's an entry "Swap Slingshot...", toggle the value to "Yes" and swap the wiring under the playfield form the left flipper coil and left slingshot.
But take care, version 1.3 is not working properly, wait for the final release!
Brians intension was to eleminate the "Beep" while left button is pressed, but the result wasn't as good as expected.
After testing a while we found some more issues in version 1.3 so it's strongly recommended not to install version 1.3!

Thanks. Should I downgraded version 1.2 until 1.4 is ready? I just don’t want to burn any LEDs out. How do I downgrade?

#26999 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

If anyone has an extra pair of side pf lights to illuminate the inner pf art, pm me. Will pay well and asap.
Just checking before I end up buying it from the vendor and doing a custom install.
Also same for the PCB top middle and lower boards. Would be interested in buying them.
Thanks

You officially back in the club??

#27000 3 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

You officially back in the club??

yep. I've always checked the thread but I wouldn't post b/c I didn't own it. I'm back in!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

9,999 (OBO)
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 540 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/540 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.