DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 533 of 601.
#26601 3 years ago

Good morning guys,

please find attached the latest version of the ALIEN rulesheet and have fun.

Rulesheet_Heighway Pinball - Pinball Brothers_ALIEN_ENG_Rev_1.1_2020-05-02_07-31-48.pdfRulesheet_Heighway Pinball - Pinball Brothers_ALIEN_ENG_Rev_1.1_2020-05-02_07-31-48.pdf

regards
Averell

#26602 3 years ago

Amazing job!
Thanks

#26603 3 years ago

You the man!!

#26604 3 years ago

I've been reading through some old posts and there were many requests for a 'proper Apron'.
I can make metal aprons and we've started some sketches.
My question is, what would the community like to see in here?

We came up with some basic things:
-ALIEN lasered out, lighted from the bottom in the middle of the apron
-Those who have a LE their number lasered in there

#26605 3 years ago

An area left and right for illuminated Scorecard like WMS-Aprons have.
Mountable at the given screw holes beneath the apron.
Powder coated materail in different colors: blue, green and black.

#26606 3 years ago

After a two week trek across country, I am officially joining the club tomorrow!

#26607 3 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

After a two week trek across country, I am officially joining the club tomorrow!

Congrats! It is worth it. The people in here are amazing and have made this Little community so great. And the machine itself just keeps getting better thanks to them! I’m mostly a bystander but read every post. Good times...

#26608 3 years ago

Thanks. I have basically read this whole thread from about the mid point, so 13K posts over the past 2 weeks. I have never played the game or seen one in person. Very excited!

#26609 3 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Bam!! Welcome to Alienland!!! Pics are a must!!!..

#26610 3 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Thanks. I have basically read this whole thread from about the mid point, so 13K posts over the past 2 weeks. I have never played the game or seen one in person. Very excited!

Yep....everything "post Andrew and the final container" are worth a read, in addition to the Heighway troubleshooting thread.

#26611 3 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Congrats! I love my Alien. I am willing to bet you are going to love it.

#26612 3 years ago

Welcome to the club. Share pictures once you get it!

#26613 3 years ago

Here we go. All black SE with beacons and a physical replay coil. Prior owner adjusted Xeno and it works perfectly. Also, I know a lot of people have had issues with the ball kickout into the shooters lane. The prior owner also made adjustments to this and I have not had one issue there. Also, no ball launch issues. I had no idea about the plug location near the switch. Seems quite odd. Is the pin number on the sticker on the back of the game or under the playfield?

IMG_7113 (resized).JPGIMG_7113 (resized).JPGIMG_7114 (resized).JPGIMG_7114 (resized).JPGIMG_7115 (resized).JPGIMG_7115 (resized).JPGIMG_7116 (resized).JPGIMG_7116 (resized).JPGIMG_7117 (resized).JPGIMG_7117 (resized).JPGIMG_7119 (resized).JPGIMG_7119 (resized).JPGIMG_7120 (resized).JPGIMG_7120 (resized).JPG

#26614 3 years ago

Welcome in the club and it's nice to see that there's a factory machine out there with knocker-assy.
Hope it's working properly, otherwise you have to do some improvements, but it's worth all the effort.
And download the rulesheet for a better understanding what the hell is going on in this machine.

Enjoy

#26615 3 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Welcome in the club and it's nice to see that there's a factory machine out there with knocker-assy.
Hope it's working properly, otherwise you have to do some improvements, but it's worth all the effort.
And download the rulesheet for a better understanding what the hell is going on in this machine.
Enjoy

I have downloaded your rulesheet Averell, as I have no clue what is going on. Thanks for preparing that. It is funny, I feel like I know some of you guys, since I have been lurking in this thread for over two weeks now and read at least half of it

#26616 3 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Also, I know a lot of people have had issues with the ball kickout into the shooters lane. The prior owner also made adjustments to this and I have not had one issue there?

I had this same kick out issue with my Alien game. I even installed a gate to stop the ball from bouncing back into the ball trough. I finally determined the problem with my game was a simple leveling issue.

Typically, I level my games with a 4 foot level by placing the 4' level along the back of the cabinet by the head and then at the front of the cabinet by the coin door. I always leveled all my games this way and it seemed to work fine but it doesn't work worth a shit on Alien or The Big Lebowski . I got a leveling app on my phone and once I had it properly calibrated I checked all my games for level directly on the play field. All my Sterns and Williams game were nearly perfectly level on the play field when I used my 4' level technique. The phone leveling app confirmed this.

Alien and The Big Lebowski were so far out of level on the playfield that it was causing problems with kick outs and a bunch of other shots and general game play. Once I properly leveled these two games all my issues went away.

Level you games directly on the play field. It's the only way.

QSS

#26617 3 years ago

Congrats fossmin! Yes it’s a great game! I still To this day like playing it alone completely in the dark as it creates a great mood

#26618 3 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

I had this same kick out issue with my Alien game. I even installed a gate to stop the ball from bouncing back into the ball trough. I finally determined the problem with my game was a simple leveling issue.
Typically, I level my games with a 4 foot level by placing the 4' level along the back of the cabinet by the head and then at the front of the cabinet by the coin door. I always leveled all my games this way and it seemed to work fine but it doesn't work worth a shit on Alien or The Big Lebowski . I got a leveling app on my phone and once I had it properly calibrated I checked all my games for level directly on the play field. All my Sterns and Williams game were nearly perfectly level on the play field when I used my 4' level technique. The phone leveling app confirmed this.
Alien and The Big Lebowski were so far out of level on the playfield that it was causing problems with kick outs and a bunch of other shots and general game play. Once I properly leveled these two games all my issues went away.
Level you games directly on the play field. It's the only way.
QSS

Yes man I went through this same thing. Ball eject issues, and the ball would hit the side then back in trough.. turned out to be simple leveling. Once game more level haven't had a single issue.
Crazy.

#26619 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Yes man I went through this same thing. Ball eject issues, and the ball would hit the side then back in trough.. turned out to be simple leveling. Once game more level haven't had a single issue.
Crazy.

Yup, we both had the same simple problem.

QSS

#26620 3 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Wanted to share some "sheltering in place" results, haha
So I really wanted to do something for the ramps...

Catching up on this thread.. awesome mod man!

#26621 3 years ago

How about this.

ALIEN. is lighted

0FDE2B58-AAFA-4D17-BF67-1672EE94B974 (resized).jpeg0FDE2B58-AAFA-4D17-BF67-1672EE94B974 (resized).jpeg
#26622 3 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

How about this.
ALIEN. is lighted
[quoted image]

A little smaller maybe?

Instructions/pricing?

Would look cool though!

#26623 3 years ago

There's enough ALIEN on the entire Pin, try to do it classic (similar to WMS Indy) with scorecards and short instruction?
Maybe a shorter lasercut in the centre?

DSCN2939 (resized).JPGDSCN2939 (resized).JPG

#26624 3 years ago

Alien doesn’t hAve enough monitors need another one in the apron too

#26625 3 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

How about this.
ALIEN. is lighted
[quoted image]

A little smaller but ... YES !!

Instruction and pricing ... most Aliens are in private Gamerooms , who is silly enough to place such a machine in a Coin Op ?
Instruction is on the monitor and in the great rulesheet ! Pricing .. there is no pricing my friends and me play free in my garage.

Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Alien doesn’t hAve enough monitors need another one in the apron too

YES ... in the apron a monitor showing both movies ...left Alien, right hand ALIENS

#26626 3 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Here we go. All black SE with beacons and a physical replay coil. Prior owner adjusted Xeno and it works perfectly. Also, I know a lot of people have had issues with the ball kickout into the shooters lane. The prior owner also made adjustments to this and I have not had one issue there. Also, no ball launch issues. I had no idea about the plug location near the switch. Seems quite odd. Is the pin number on the sticker on the back of the game or under the playfield?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That all black is sick af. Congrats!!

#26627 3 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

... Instruction and pricing ... most Aliens are in private Gamerooms , who is silly enough to place such a machine in a Coin Op ?

Myself.... and a number of others afaik

Perhaps most are never going to see public use, but that is not "all". They were still intended to be commercial machines, I believe.

Also, the game is too great to keep locked away for only a few to experience

Mine will be used for tournaments as well as the "good" public locations. Definately gunna be glad to have those PETG plastics when it does go out mate!

Is fine though, if the remade apron ends up with no card slots, I am in a position to make my own.

#26628 3 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

How about this.
ALIEN. is lighted
[quoted image]

If it was to be this the LE letters should be lit up in a different colour for those with the LE machines.

#26629 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Myself.... and a number of others afaik
Perhaps most are never going to see public use, but that is not "all". They were still intended to be commercial machines, I believe.
Also, the game is too great to keep locked away for only a few to experience
Mine will be used for tournaments as well as the "good" public locations. Definately gunna be glad to have those PETG plastics when it does go out mate!
Is fine though, if the remade apron ends up with no card slots, I am in a position to make my own.

Cool !
Maybe times changed ... but if I remeber in my youth sidearts on the cabinet like on Alien the acyrlic artwork would be destroyed within days.
Even in this days, in the german forums a guy running a very big pinball location was pissed that guests made scratches in new machines.
So on Sterns ... okay , so what. But Alien is very special.

But ... your machine is played a lot. Do you have no issues ?
My Alien is running once a month or so, so far only small issues. But if I read others here, they have just trouble with Alien.

Cheers
Tom

Still working on PETG stuff !

#26630 3 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Cool !
Maybe times changed ... but if I remeber in my youth sidearts on the cabinet like on Alien the acyrlic artwork would be destroyed within days.
Even in this days, in the german forums a guy running a very big pinball location was pissed that guests made scratches in new machines.
So on Sterns ... okay , so what. But Alien is very special.
But ... your machine is played a lot. Do you have no issues ?
My Alien is running once a month or so, so far only small issues. But if I read others here, they have just trouble with Alien.
Cheers
Tom
Still working on PETG stuff !

I'm fortunate to have a couple of pretty respectful/appreciative locations. Not all have caring patrons though, so a rare game will only go to "good" places. Also I'm relatively rural, my games at home get played almost as much as when they are on locations Lol.

I am amassing parts like best USB and other upgrades, haven't had major problems so far but Alien is in the hypersleep chamber, for now anyway.... I intend to go all "Averell" on it's arse in the near future...

It's not going out before I have all updates/upgrades in place, have very good reliability, the PF protector is on it.... and somewhere appropriate to put a pricing card

#26631 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

A little smaller maybe?
Instructions/pricing?
Would look cool though!

Smaller maybe. Instruction cards are huge, there would be no space left.

#26632 3 years ago
Quoted from FreeBee:

Can be as big or small as desired really. DE/SEGA cards were relatively small.... Gottlieb had some bigger sizes.

Can put something on the factory apron of course... but it only would look "tacked on". Even just one, on one side would be suficient... home use can just have instructions there. Lots of instructions to list though, I agree with Averells WPC ideas. 2 cards. My 2 bobs worth lol

#26633 3 years ago

It's been slow going on my apron due to our schedules and now state of things:

Metal, so powder can be any color

Mine will have standard 3x5.5" cards, Heighway logo in center ( ornament).

Area above cards will have etched Plexi to enable lighting from below.

Going w Stern style mount ( 2 brackets so apron can be secure front and rear...imagine).

The room is there, but triangle Plexi will be slightly different due to shape.

Use the IM photos below to visualize an example.

Once mine is complete, I'll have him give me a price on quantity if he'll do it, and pass on to the community to see if interest.

I don't want to promise anything, as I'm not sure if he will make more than 1 for me. This is the same shop that did my BM66 custom left wireform/ ramp which turned out amazing. He wouldn't do more, as wireform is not cost effective for him. Alot of disappointed pinheads when my original supplier abandoned me as we already started a list ( no $$$ changed hands thankfully, but lost my original wireform in the process).

Apron is more in line w what my machine shop does however, so maybe....

Anyway...my direction for this, and will be living on the game at some point....

IMG_20200510_101324215 (resized).jpgIMG_20200510_101324215 (resized).jpgIMG_20200510_101339116 (resized).jpgIMG_20200510_101339116 (resized).jpg
#26634 3 years ago
Quoted from FreeBee:

Yes a bit smaller, closer to the bottom edge and using the whole length of the apron then it lets space for card instruction.

ALIEN letters, Maybe debossed or embossed but seems complicated to do.

And not sure cards instructions needed and would have replaced them with some lighted Aliens lasercut print but hard to do too (as had been made for MM, MB..lighted apron)

#26635 3 years ago

Thanks for the feedback guys. We'll make an updated design based on your feedback

#26636 3 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

We'll make an updated design based on your feedback

Hi @Faust, I sent you a PM with a proposal for a solution allowing different inserts like instruction cards, lit foils or (my favorite) LCD Screens showing pictures, messages, instructions or videos (could be game play dependent).

#26637 3 years ago

Check out all the cool Alien stuff from my buddy at Amok Time!

https://www.amoktime.com/hiya-alien-covenant-eggs-and-facehuggers-set.html

#26638 3 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Check out all the cool Alien stuff from my buddy at Amok Time!
https://www.amoktime.com/hiya-alien-covenant-eggs-and-facehuggers-set.html

Too complicated

"One more step
Please complete the security check to access www.amoktime.com"
... and click 1 million pictures ....

Someone success ??

#26639 3 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

That said, it would be nice to see what folks are exchanging their CO10 flipper coils for when replacement is needed since it seems those could are no longer obtainable.

If anyone has a sample of this coil it is likely I can make it. PM me if anyone can help, I would love to be able to make these for the future.

I have 800.02428 (KA-17-0473/2) and 800.02598 (KA-17-0474/1) samples as well, and can make both.

Andrew

#26640 3 years ago

Have installed 5 mini beacons. Really cool effect...just frustrated that beacons use is not more integrated in the game.
Can someone tell me when they are used?
Thanks

Ps: next we I will install Per’s mod with the strobe effect.

#26641 3 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

Thanks for the feedback guys. We'll make an updated design based on your feedback

Buddy, I hope you could design a nice metal apron...the more I look at mine, the more I can’t stand this cheap plastic.

#26642 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Have installed 5 mini beacons. Really cool effect...just frustrated that beacons use is not more integrated in the game.

For sure in Queens Nest mode, and I believe during Self Destruct mini wizard mode. There may be more, I'm sure others will chime in. But yes, very cool effect!

#26643 3 years ago

When I installed these beacons, i look at the pf closer and I noticed a hole in the playfield unused, under the plastic at the left of the right entrance ramp. Something was supposed to be connected? Drill error?

#26644 3 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

For sure in Queens Nest mode, and I believe during Self Destruct mini wizard mode. There may be more, I'm sure others will chime in. But yes, very cool effect!

Also need to order your ramp stickers set to complete the « cool effect » on this game.

#26645 3 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

A metal apron sounds amazing. Would definitely be interested in getting one if this happens.

#26646 3 years ago

I have got some questions regarding speaker panels that did not arrive yet: I think we have to be patient.
In Europe they all arrived. In the US not I guess.
I am also waiting still for the eggs from Backalley creations (US to Europe). I ordered it when it was announced here in the forum and the package has been 'in transit' since.... nothing much we can do both ways I guess.

#26647 3 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

I have got some questions regarding speaker panels that did not arrive yet: I think we have to be patient.
In Europe they all arrived. In the US not I guess.
I am also waiting still for the eggs from Backalley creations (US to Europe). I ordered it when it was announced here in the forum and the package has been 'in transit' since.... nothing much we can do both ways I guess.

In the past week I have recieved the clear speaker panel sets you sent, thank you! ... and, a couple of days ago our shipment of open eggs finally arrived here from US as well. They should not be too far away...

#26648 3 years ago

I want to have my egg!

#26649 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Thanks

Ps: next we I will install Per’s mod with the strobe effect.

Just installed the strobe mod, love it. How difficult was it to install these beacons?

#26650 3 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Just installed the strobe mod, love it. How difficult was it to install these beacons?

This is not difficult. Just need first to look where you want to install them and then the way to run the wires through the playfield. Regarding my installation, I had to drill the plastic decor and then once all wires are underneath the playfield, you connect them by color till the big beacons in the backbox.
You need to take care with mini beacons wires, they are very thin. I advise you to have black/red awg 28 wires in stock for connections, they are slightly bigger. I did not do any soldering, just connected in a heat-shrinkable sleeve. Don’t forget to link these wires to existing cable to not being loose in the cabinet.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
9,799 (OBO)
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 533 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/533?hl=adamross and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.