zKszZMu.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2530 (resized).jpg
IMG_2529 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 530 of 601.
#26452 4 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Ok thanks
I think pinsider Timebandit builds them too, doesn’t he?
Where is he?

https://redshiftled.com.au/Store.php#!/Alien-Standard-LED-replacement-8-pack/p/152413052/category=31425757

Australia. But unfortunately it looks like he is out of stock right now, but you can always send him a message and ask.

#26453 4 years ago

New price on my Alien game

14900 usd

The Swedish krona has change quite a lot aginst the USD the last month so i can now offer a much bettre price on the game.

I also added some pictures from my warehouse ( new in box )

Will see if this game will find a new home.

Any questions just send me a PM

alien 1 (resized).jpgalien 1 (resized).jpgalien 2 (resized).jpgalien 2 (resized).jpg
#26454 4 years ago

I bought my Alien LE green from Royneblom and was happy with my purchase.

#26455 4 years ago
Quoted from Maurice:

I bought my Alien LE green from Royneblom and was happy with my purchase.

He is a man of his word, and where I got mine...it was hard to know who to trust back then...I got lucky..

#26456 4 years ago

Hmmmmm, thats not the story i was told by him. He said he only had 4 and we bought 2 and the 2 left were le426 (le350) and one for his brother.....not sure how 2 others also made it out lol. He seems to be getting these somehow.....

#26457 4 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

backalleycreations.com

thank you ! I think it’s time I get this pin modded !still loving it !

#26458 4 years ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

Hmmmmm, thats not the story i was told by him. He said he only had 4 and we bought 2 and the 2 left were le426 (le350) and one for his brother.....not sure how 2 others also made it out lol. He seems to be getting these somehow.....

Well The Pinball brothers are from Sweden (Freeplay) and Norway, so that explains why games are still there around I guess.

I would personally not pay 15K for a NIB 'surprise'. The very last games are really cobbled together (for example, mine is a green LE but has a black window because... out of stock probably). My advise to anyone would be to buy an unboxed one, so you know if it is a working one. There is no warranty or support on this game.

My issues were:
-Xeno head broken (gear problem, like many, nothing major)
-Ball through issue giving infinite new balls (not solved yet)
-Powering on, causes immediate shutdown, need to cycle 4-5 times (not solved yet)
-Bunch of small problems like LEDs not working, loose wiring etc. etc.

So it was broken out of the box, but you can have a good one like Maurice's who plays very well with only a few minor issues.... Also Royneblom can't tell this because it's still in the box.
So if possible I recommend the buyer to check the game when picking up.

Anyway, let's hope it finds a home somewehere soon and have someone new to the community!

#26459 4 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

Well The Pinball brothers are from Sweden (Freeplay) and Norway, so that explains why games are still there around I guess.
I would personally not pay 15K for a NIB 'surprise'. The very last games are really cobbled together (for example, mine is a green LE but has a black window because... out of stock probably). My advise to anyone would be to buy an unboxed one, so you know if it is a working one. There is no warranty or support on this game.
My issues were:
-Powering on, causes immediate shutdown, need to cycle 4-5 times (not solved yet)
So it was broken out of the box, but you can have a good one like Maurice's who plays very well with only a few minor issues.... Also Royneblom can't tell this because it's still in the box.
Anyway, let's hope it finds a home somewehere soon and have someone new to the community!

Mine was bought from RS-pinball in Austria, green armor too. All were working perfectly (but jaw, the cable was just loosing). (Maybe) I was lucky (enough to get one of the last built). Stefan is also a great buddy, I think he has a blue armor remaining but not sure. NIB of course.

#26460 4 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

My issues were:

Sorry to here that you had problem with your game , hope you solve the last problem with your game.

Alien is a fantastic game , and i have hard to decide if selling it or keep it in my own collection

I got 8 pcs from the same batch as the 350 / 426 and all was sold to clients in USA , Sweden and Norway.

This one have been in my warehouse for a long time.

I say the last batch from the factory was one of the best , as we was the official distributer in Sweden we had problem with the earlier batch.

But you are right in what you say its impossible to see before opening it .

We have almost all parts at www.free-play.se for sale and we also have some parts in my own stock.

If there are any problem with unboxing we will arranger the parts needed.

We are a serious seller and dont cheat anyone.

#26461 4 years ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

Hi Nethawk86

Sorry if its was not clear in some way.

I got my hand on 4 last pcs and sold all of this 4 pcs ( my brother change his mind and could not afford to keep the game he liked ) you and your brother got one each waiting to be shipped together to you as promised.

But this LE 350/426 i have had in my warehouse for almost 2 year.

It came in the last shipping from the factory and as i had a Alien SE at home i did not unbox this LE game.

When i sold my SE game i got a monsterbash remake taking the space and it got "stuck" in my warehouse , maybe i did not like to sell it at all as i think if i did i will never find a Alien game again.

Well now i have decide to sell it and pushed the price down.

Hope this clear everything

I cant find any more games i think , even if i have good contacts with old buyer.

#26462 3 years ago

Mine was bought from RS-pinball in Austria, green armor too. All were working perfectly (but jaw, the cable was just loosing). (Maybe) I was lucky (enough to get one of the last built). Stefan is also a great buddy, I think he has a blue armor remaining but not sure. NIB of course.

How is it possible that RS pinball and Vegas store now got these games back in stock?

#26463 3 years ago

I bought my Alien also from RS. The communication was a nightmare, like an old chewinggum **BUT** at the end I got my Alien and Stefan prepared it well ! It works out of the box with no issues. Some forspoken parts never arrived ... as I wrote: bad communication.
I bought a green LE with everything in.

A friend of mine just ordered Samplegame number 3 from RS. It will arrive with a new playfield to swap and actual Xeno-Unit and all boards replaced.
Looking forward for this. So my guess is, RS has no more Aliens available.

Vegas Store is, as I know, a friend of a "German Pinball Brother". If you follow the threads there is also a german guy and his wife involved buying heighway in the old days. From Vegas Store came also the "fabled" Alien with the Software 1.3 (?! I wrote about that in this thread earlier).
Vegas Store still have at least one game left. My opinion is that there were many many spareparts and after the UK production anywhere in this world someone made from this parts some more games. My opinion !!!
I also asked Vegas Store before buying my Alien from RS but Stefan (Vegas Store) raised the prices on a day by day basis for several 1000 Euros and I was not willing to pay that.
Right now in the german forums he offers still a swap: NIB Alien against ......

Cheers
Tom

EDIT: Right now on RS homepage is only 1 Alien, the Number 3, and that is sold to a friend of mine.
Vegas Store has, still, 1 Alien Blue LE for sale . That is the machine I wrote about. So it seems that this is , with the machine in Sweden, all in Europe right now.

#26464 3 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

How is it possible that RS pinball and Vegas store now got these games back in stock?

Bought it 2 years ago. When I did, he also got an ALIEN LE BLUE. I don’t think he has new stock.

The communication with Stefan was very good as my concern.

And I also have a black window. Is there stock with green window?

#26465 3 years ago

I might be wrong but it seems like the blue LE in box has been for sale for a while.
Yes, those 2 might be the 2 last NIB unless they use spare parts to build couple of new. That’s a possibility and this would explain the 1.3b version...

#26466 3 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

I also asked Vegas Store before buying my Alien from RS but Stefan (Vegas Store) raised the prices on a day by day basis for several 1000 Euros and I was not willing to pay that.
Cheers

Yes it seems to be commonplace with some distributors unfortunately to sell their last games pumping up the price.

#26467 3 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

I might be wrong but it seems like the blue LE in box has been for sale for a while.
Yes, those 2 might be the 2 last NIB unless they use spare parts to build couple of new. That’s a possibility and this would explain the 1.3b version...

Sincerely I can’t imagine a distributor building a game, it needs some skills I doubt they have

#26468 3 years ago

Sincerely I can’t imagine a distributor building a game, it needs some skills I doubt they have

I think you are right, these last machines are still available because of the (too) high price tags.

I also bought my blue LE from Stefan (Vegas Store) after visiting him two times in Hamburg. We talked for a while and he had about 4 boxed Aliens in a small chamber. He is doing business together with Alexander Spohr, who was one of the Pinball Brothers investors and directors (see https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10822960/officers). That should explain his sources...

The SW Version 1.3 found its way on a used LE he was also offering - they used this machine to allow customers like me some trial games and for their own tests.

#26469 3 years ago

Per, how much did you pay when you bought it NIB?

#26470 3 years ago
Quoted from royneblom:

Sorry to here that you had problem with your game , hope you solve the last problem with your game.
Alien is a fantastic game , and i have hard to decide if selling it or keep it in my own collection
I got 8 pcs from the same batch as the 350 / 426 and all was sold to clients in USA , Sweden and Norway.
This one have been in my warehouse for a long time.
I say the last batch from the factory was one of the best , as we was the official distributer in Sweden we had problem with the earlier batch.
But you are right in what you say its impossible to see before opening it .
We have almost all parts at www.free-play.se for sale and we also have some parts in my own stock.
If there are any problem with unboxing we will arranger the parts needed.
We are a serious seller and dont cheat anyone.

To be clear, are LE350 / LE426 the same machine?! they seem to be mentioned together?

#26471 3 years ago

In the mean time update on the speaker panels:
I received finally the acrylic and will assemble and ship out all orders now this week!!

#26472 3 years ago
Quoted from chrishoyle99:

To be clear, are LE350 / LE426 the same machine?! they seem to be mentioned together?

Hi yes its the same game and one game only. Was orderd from the Heighway pinball as LE 426 . When the factory closed down it was delivered as LE 350 with the LE 426 tag in the same box . As that was the number I had ordered and the factory was not going to build any more games .

The LE 350 was made and packed so the did not like to open it and change the tag on it , so it comes with booth tags .

And as it’s new in box I did not either like to open it and put on the LE 426 tag either .

Kenneth

#26473 3 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

https://redshiftled.com.au/Store.php#!/Alien-Standard-LED-replacement-8-pack/p/152413052/category=31425757
Australia. But unfortunately it looks like he is out of stock right now, but you can always send him a message and ask.

I have some and some genuine as well

#26474 3 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

In the mean time update on the speaker panels:
I received finally the acrylic and will assemble and ship out all orders now this week!!

Awesome @Faust, look forward to it! Thank you!

#26475 3 years ago

I finished the last panels.

I have 1 set left and some grills in blue/green or black.
Who wants it?
1DCB9CE1-6664-4253-AB7A-5958A7E3E4ED (resized).jpeg1DCB9CE1-6664-4253-AB7A-5958A7E3E4ED (resized).jpeg2DCB838F-EC4D-4884-BB08-0A57682520F1 (resized).jpeg2DCB838F-EC4D-4884-BB08-0A57682520F1 (resized).jpeg5E7C48B8-A105-4325-BCB7-34C926F7E351 (resized).jpeg5E7C48B8-A105-4325-BCB7-34C926F7E351 (resized).jpeg6F5FFCB4-07A9-426F-82EB-02893BBE430A (resized).jpeg6F5FFCB4-07A9-426F-82EB-02893BBE430A (resized).jpegE9D4BFD0-754A-48C2-A35F-E3AE26C71C65 (resized).jpegE9D4BFD0-754A-48C2-A35F-E3AE26C71C65 (resized).jpeg

0684D22B-2BAF-4FCD-871F-721E47C09115 (resized).jpeg0684D22B-2BAF-4FCD-871F-721E47C09115 (resized).jpeg
#26476 3 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

I finished the last panels.
I have 1 set left and some grills in blue/green or black.
Who wants it?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I am interested in a set of grills in blue.
How much are they and the shipping to Germany?

#26477 3 years ago

With the "Alien" modes on the left, and the hypersleep ramp on that left side, I wanted to add the Narcissus ship which Ripley escaped in and floated through deep space in hypersleep until she was rescued. So I decided to optimize the area in-between the left ramps that was otherwise filled with a blank plastic.
IMG_20200403_124035 (resized).jpgIMG_20200403_124035 (resized).jpgIMG_20200403_124018 (resized).jpgIMG_20200403_124018 (resized).jpg

#26478 3 years ago

Attention to anyone buying playfield playfield protectors for this game: The popbumbers will get stuck because the cutout is too tight.

I tried it an when you push the contact ring it stays stuck.

You may get a new one when you ask, because its a fabrication mistake.

EF5152E9-BCF0-467F-B491-61CABC6A4163 (resized).jpegEF5152E9-BCF0-467F-B491-61CABC6A4163 (resized).jpegBEE3BEF7-573B-4161-BF82-106FA0C27038 (resized).jpegBEE3BEF7-573B-4161-BF82-106FA0C27038 (resized).jpeg
#26479 3 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

Attention to anyone buying playfield playfield protectors for this game: The popbumbers will get stuck because the cutout is too tight.
I tried it an when you push the contact ring it stays stuck.
You may get a new one when you ask, because its a fabrication mistake.[quoted image][quoted image]

The ball should not push the switch skirt down that far ? (unless the switch doesn't work or the coil doesn't fire)

Does it get stuck like that from the ball during gameplay? ... or only when you press it down past normal with your finger?

I probably have to install one on my mates machine while lockdown is happening. Haven't seen the item yet, but don't see an issue in the pics there at all, really ... ?

#26480 3 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Yeah man, this is probably going to be a problem of a single LED. I know it's hard to imagine and I had a hard time wrapping my head around it too. I had almost the same thing happening. What you want to do is find that first LED that's not changing colors appropriately (might be able to see during attract mode) on that chain and then change it out.
In my case (similar to yours) one of the LEDs on the left on that farthest board (that houses the Super insert) was the culprit.
Find that first LED (sounds like it may very well be 1-B8) that's not changing appropriately and change it out...bet that takes care of it!
Please keep us posted!

I replaced the LED at 1B8 and that seems to have fixed the issues I was having with the LEDs so far. @ChipScott, thank you so much for your help.

Next issue, my middle pop bumper doesn't seem to work 9 times out of 10. The switch is gapped very close, and seems fine. Anyone else have an issue like this?

#26481 3 years ago
Quoted from gabegabegabe:

I replaced the LED at 1B8 and that seems to have fixed the issues I was having with the LEDs so far. ChipScott, thank you so much for your help.
Next issue, my middle pop bumper doesn't seem to work 9 times out of 10. The switch is gapped very close, and seems fine. Anyone else have an issue like this?

Is "very close" too close? .... if gap is too small, the switch may not be opening every time. The coil will not fire if the switch is already closed at rest (sometimes, hence 9 out of 10). Maybe the gap needs to be slightly wider, and/or , spoon not centralised with the pin.

#26482 3 years ago

I replaced the LED at 1B8 and that seems to have fixed the issues I was having with the LEDs so far. ChipScott, thank you so much for your help.

I do. I don’t know how to fix it. I tried to test the switch manually and now there are too sensitive.

#26483 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

The ball should not push the switch skirt down that far ? (unless the switch doesn't work or the coil doesn't fire)
Does it get stuck like that from the ball during gameplay? ... or only when you press it down past normal with your finger?
I probably have to install one on my mates machine while lockdown is happening. Haven't seen the item yet, but don't see an issue in the pics there at all, really ... ?

The picture could be better:

As you see when I push the blue ring down it gets stuck onder the playfield protector.

Don’t install it before making those holes larger

#26484 3 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

The picture could be better:
As you see when I push the blue ring down it gets stuck onder the playfield protector.
Don’t install it before making those holes larger

I see the stuck down skirt in the picture. The blue ring should never get pushed down that far by the ball, is what I mean.

I can only see any issue if the pop bumber isn't firing... but that would mean a bumper issue to me, not the protectors problem.

#26485 3 years ago

Next issue, my middle pop bumper doesn't seem to work 9 times out of 10. The switch is gapped very close, and seems fine. Anyone else have an issue like this

I had the same issue and it’s a Software problem. Solution: update to 1.3. Read the 1.2-1.3 update log. You’ll notice that also the slingshot coils will activate much better.

#26486 3 years ago

As I said several times, read the rulesheet and look into the change logs at the end of the document.
Play around with the recommended coil settings and the ALIEN will work more properly.

#26487 3 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I see the stuck down skirt in the picture. The blue ring should never get pushed down that far by the ball, is what I mean.
I can only see any issue if the pop bumber isn't firing... but that would mean a bumper issue to me, not the protectors problem.

Well I have been warned by user Per that has the playfield protector installed. I tried directly and noticed this issue as well (my game is not finished yet). Secondly, on other games it is cut out larger normally to prevent this. They forgot on this game. Now that with the exact cut out the PF protector needs to move only 0.5mm and it can cause this issue. The skirt needs to be able to move freely.
Do as you want, but I took it out and made it larger.

#26488 3 years ago

I made something new I want to share.

I added lamps on the unused metal ramps (I tried some different colors).

Now I thought it would be a good idea to have a small print that turns these lights on for a specific time when the switch on the top of the ramp is triggered.

So I made a miniature print with my friend that you can hook up to any switch in the game (blue wire).

I added for example a light on the hypersleep chamber 3D peinted unit that lights when the switch is triggered and lights on the 2 ramps.

But you could use this to hook up ligjts or mods to any switch in the game.

Its miniature and also simple (no multi input). With a screwdriver you can tune the ‘on’ time.

B13FBC1A-2958-4D0C-A74B-9F137E60B57C (resized).jpegB13FBC1A-2958-4D0C-A74B-9F137E60B57C (resized).jpeg
#26489 3 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

I made something new I want to share.
I added lamps on the unused metal ramps (I tried some different colors).
Now I thought it would be a good idea to have a small print that turns these lights on for a specific time when the switch on the top of the ramp is triggered.
So I made a miniature print with my friend that you can hook up to any switch in the game (blue wire).
I added for example a light on the hypersleep chamber 3D peinted unit that lights when the switch is triggered and lights on the 2 ramps.
But you could use this to hook up ligjts or mods to any switch in the game.
Its miniature and also simple (no multi input). With a screwdriver you can tune the ‘on’ time.
[quoted image]

That's awesome!! Great use of those unused ramp flaps!
Are the blue lights connected to the blue wire (under the playfield)...or do the lights connect to that small board and a separate wire comes from the board to the switch? In any event, I like it!!
Would you ever consider bundeling that package to sell to other Alien owners (with various colors)???

#26490 3 years ago

The lights connect to the small PCB.
It has 1 input wire (blue from any switch) and 12V output.
So you could also hook it up to the switch in the scoop or another ramp.

The blue lights are just an example, you could take also the orange lights or connect to another switch.

I will probably make some kits for the community, but I need some input in what people would like to have.

I will post tomorrow a video of the light in the hypersleep chamber I made, this may be a nice option

#26491 3 years ago

One for my hypersleep chamber !

#26492 3 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

The blue lights are just an example, you could take also the orange lights or connect to another switch.
I will probably make some kits for the community, but I need some input in what people would like to have.
I will post tomorrow a video of the light in the hypersleep chamber I made, this may be a nice option

Thanks!
Look forward to your video.
Yes, I'd be in for a kit, I'd probably take two of them for sure. This seems like an excellent way to utilize those unused ramp flaps! Also, light in the hypersleep chamber sounds very cool.

#26493 3 years ago

Interesting, I'm in.

#26494 3 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

I'm in for 2 x kits

#26495 3 years ago

In for a kit

#26496 3 years ago

Here is the lighted hyperchamber:

Now I need again the help of the community.

I have redone and rebuilt the Alien and my original problem with the ball through is still there.

It keeps giving me new balls. I have tried everything:
-rebuilt this assembly
-checked if the individual optos work
-changed balls
-redid connectors

It doesnt help!!!

I’ve posted a video before. When a ball drains I get a new one. Always.

One hint: Sometimes randomly the shooter coil fires (even though no ball in there).

As asked before I am looking for a spare new through assy. Who has one... I know they are around because Freeplay used to sell them. Last resort. The game can not be played now still after so many months... disapointing.

Any other ideas to try?

On a side note:
These were NIB problems by the way, just like the power supply that shuts down and the broken xeno (with slipping gear).You want to think twice before buying any NIB game, especially at these prices. I said this before... watch out.

#26497 3 years ago

Here again the video with the problem:

#26498 3 years ago

Is it possible to reload the software?
It doesn’t sound like an opto issue. You can test them I suppose.
I have heard some strange issues solved with new usb cable (better quality)
Only some thoughts.

#26499 3 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

Here is the lighted hyperchamber:

Now I need again the help of the community.
I have redone and rebuilt the Alien and my original problem with the ball through is still there.
It keeps giving me new balls. I have tried everything:
-rebuilt this assembly
-checked if the individual optos work
-changed balls
-redid connectors
It doesnt help!!!
I’ve posted a video before. When a ball drains I get a new one. Always.
One hint: Sometimes randomly the shooter coil fires (even though no ball in there).
As asked before I am looking for a spare new through assy. Who has one... I know they are around because Freeplay used to sell them. Last resort. The game can not be played now still after so many months... disapointing.
Any other ideas to try?
On a side note:
These were NIB problems by the way, just like the power supply that shuts down and the broken xeno (with slipping gear).You want to think twice before buying any NIB game, especially at these prices. I said this before... watch out.

If the shooter coils fire, maybe the pin think there is a ball stuck in the shooter lane. Did you check the shooter lane switch was working properly? Maybe it’s always closed

#26500 3 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

If the shooter coils fire, maybe the pin things there is a ball stuck in the shooter lane. Did you check the shooter lane switch was working properly? Maybe it’s always closed

That's a good suggestion.
Agreed, would check the shooter lane switch, esp if you're hearing firing in-between, maybe some adjustments at that switch may help this problem.
If not, maybe issues with the IO board associated with those coils? Have you tried switching out one board for another and see if the problem persists?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
9,999 (OBO)
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 30,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 530 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/530?hl=xian222 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.