DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 527 of 601.
#26301 4 years ago

Can someone tell me what Paxton and Matthews are saying at the end of acid rain mode when failed?
Thanks

#26302 4 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

You could maybe try a WMS FL 11629 coil. These are the hella powerful blue ones and it's a dual-wound with three lugs and and two diodes like the one in your pic.

This was the ticket!!!!
I received the game with Heighway style coils on all but the right upper flipper, and in it's place was the red FL-11630. I was having the most difficult time having enough power to get up the middle ramp and it was driving me crazy. I did exchange an IO board and I'll admit it did help a smidge, but still not great.
As suggested by Manic I tried the blue FL-11629 coil at that site and that did it! Getting up that ramp 100% now (and with this coil, it's gets up there with a purpose!)...and that also means that for the first time ever I entered into Hypersleep multiball!!!
A whole new world has opened up for me now!
Have it on factory settings strength, but could probably even dial it down a notch... Just awesome. Thx again for that suggestion!!!!

Regarding the scoop issue I was having (more than 1 ball in the scoop = trouble/not getting them out during multiball)...
I ended up disassembling the scoop mech and taking a close look...

Turns out I do have the plastic insert..ok, good, got that mystery solved. Scoop itself (shape, welds, etc) and insert both looked in good condition. I then examined the balls as they fell into the scoop and they all line up well. I noted that the balls fall all the way to the end and the lowest ball sits evenly at that hole at the bottom (so the plunger does get a dead-on hit) and the plunger looked fairly centered (was not hitting the ball off-center). So on exam, nothing obvious at the scoop mech itself...

Regardless, per some good recommendations over this past week here in this thread I made some moves... I did bend the roof of the scoop back a hair, and then I went ahead and changed out the coil for a new coil and coil sleeve. I paid attention to the switch at the bottom of the scoop and it did seem pushed in a bit more than it needed to be (maybe that was causing the second ball to be misaligned somehow), so I brought that switch out a bit to give more room but still easily triggered.

Now, all that said, I did notice one other thing...a possible obstruction. The Cliffy that was installed had a torn edge on the right that leads into the scoop and as a result was bent to hell with a projecting lip sticking out about 3/4 of a cm...and on the left it was not torn but was also bent to shit with a lip sticking out about 1/2 of a cm. So I just took that Cliffy out, contacted Cliffy and have a new one on the way.

With all that above, I now have a scoop that seems to be finally functioning well. 2 balls in the scoop, no problem!! ...more than 2?? I don't know yet!! I'm just happy as hell I haven't had to magnet out balls from the scoop this week!!

#26303 4 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Can someone tell me what Paxton and Matthews are saying at the end of acid rain mode when failed?
Thanks

At the end of "Acid Burn" mode (when/if failed), the character Dallas is with his crew at the lowest deck after the acid from the alien burnt it's way through the floor(s). He examines the burnt ceiling with a crew members writing pen...when he's done poking around, he gives it back to that crew member and says "...here's your pen back."

#26304 4 years ago

Does it help you?[quoted image][quoted image]

Sadly no. I need to see the plug wires on the green board mounted to the drop Targets.

#26305 4 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Sadly no. I need to see the plug wires on the green board mounted to the drop Targets.

Can you shoot me a pic of the angle of view wanted?

#26306 4 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

At the end of "Acid Burn" mode (when/if failed), the character Dallas is with his crew at the lowest deck after the acid from the alien burnt it's way through the floor(s). He examines the burnt ceiling with a crew members writing pen...when he's done poking around, he gives it back to that crew member and says "...here's your pen back."

Maybe I’m mistaken about end of the mod, but what I want to know is what Paxton is saying and then Matthews (sergent apone, the black guy with his cigare) which some words seem to be only readable on his lips (coz inaudible)

#26307 4 years ago

Can you shoot me a pic of the angle of view wanted?

Sure

IMG_20200318_135337 (resized).jpgIMG_20200318_135337 (resized).jpgIMG_20200318_135347 (resized).jpgIMG_20200318_135347 (resized).jpg
#26308 4 years ago

Effectively I think you wired wrongly the plug

2FFBF630-BB74-4B07-992F-7B87D5B28791 (resized).jpeg2FFBF630-BB74-4B07-992F-7B87D5B28791 (resized).jpegEF4BF79A-373C-47AC-B5E4-EC19063309FD (resized).jpegEF4BF79A-373C-47AC-B5E4-EC19063309FD (resized).jpeg

#26309 4 years ago

Maybe I’m mistaken about end of the mod, but what I want to know is what Paxton is saying and then Matthews (sergent apone, the black guy with his cigare) which some words seem to be only readable on his lips (coz inaudible)

Ah, yeah, if you fail during Combat Drop...Paxton says "how do I get out of this Chicken-Shit outfit?!" And then it frames over to the Sergeant who says "get over here...come here!"...then the clip goes on without sound for another second where the Sergeant is still saying something else/finishing his rant to Paxton....I can't quite remember what is fully said during that non-audio portion....I would have to see the movie to remind me.

#26310 4 years ago

Effectively I think you wired wrongly the plug
[quoted image][quoted image]

I agree. The previous board had a different orientation for the plug (as well as a different style altogether). I will reverse the wiring this evening and cross my fingers. Thanks!

#26311 4 years ago
Quoted from dung:

I agree. The previous board had a different orientation for the plug (as well as a different style altogether). I will reverse the wiring this evening and cross my fingers. Thanks!

My game has been built in April 2018. However it seems the same orientation, just the angle view of pic different. You can notice all my wires are blue.

#26312 4 years ago

After testing a while here's my final solution for the airlock popper issue.
It's a piece of POM in 10 mm screwed to the bracket.
Now it works perfect with normal settings to eject one, two or three balls.

DSCN7883 (resized).JPGDSCN7883 (resized).JPG

DSCN7884 (resized).JPGDSCN7884 (resized).JPG

DSCN7885 (resized).JPGDSCN7885 (resized).JPG

DSCN7886 (resized).JPGDSCN7886 (resized).JPG

DSCN7887 (resized).JPGDSCN7887 (resized).JPG

DSCN7888 (resized).JPGDSCN7888 (resized).JPG

DSCN7889 (resized).JPGDSCN7889 (resized).JPG

#26313 4 years ago

Is there some cool mods for this one? Just wondering.

And why this game has not a club thread?

#26314 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Well done man. That looks awesome. Elegant solution.
I may do the same!!
Btw, can you tell us the exact dimensions you used in the final product...and what tool you found best to cut the plastic? Thx!!

#26315 4 years ago

Hrm, no luck with my drop targets. Plugged in or unplugged it now registers all three as active. Worse i think one of my io boards failed. Game is cursed....

#26316 4 years ago

Is there some cool mods for this one? Just wondering.
And why this game has not a club thread?

This is the club thread, welcome!

As far as mods, most have added ships, APC vehicles, characters, etc from online toy stores carrying Alien(s) movie toys (there are many companies through the years have made them, lots of choices online).

There are some folks/owners on here that have made some great additions, however, such as clear acrylic speaker panels and Xeno flashers to name a recent few...just have to peel through the thread a bit to find a lot of great ideas....there's a couple guys now that are working on creating a hypersleep chamber (and I can't wait to see their final product, cuz I want one!)

#26317 4 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Hrm, no luck with my drop targets. Plugged in or unplugged it now registers all three as active. Worse i think one of my io boards failed. Game is cursed....

Do you have a spare IO board to try out?

#26318 4 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Do you have a spare IO board to try out?

I do and swapped it in. However 1 io board and 1 computer failed on this pos and not making much progress on getting it working.

#26319 4 years ago
Quoted from dung:

I do and swapped it in. However 1 io board and 1 computer failed on this pos and not making much progress on getting it working.

Did you get the pictures you needed from the earlier post to compare with what you are looking at??

#26320 4 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Did you get the pictures you needed from the earlier post to compare with what you are looking at??

I did, and I repinned the plug, but it does not work.

#26321 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Good job. However what was the issue?
What are the built date of your games guys? I think I have one of the last one built, don’t know if some issues were fixed with time and issue reports.

#26322 4 years ago
Quoted from dung:

I did, and I repinned the plug, but it does not work.

Just to understand what you did: You unwired this plug, change it and wired again?
Always had this issue? What is the behavior of the game in play about this drop target bank?

#26323 4 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

This is the club thread, welcome!
As far as mods, most have added ships, APC vehicles, characters, etc from online toy stores carrying Alien(s) movie toys (there are many companies through the years have made them, lots of choices online).
There are some folks/owners on here that have made some great additions, however, such as clear acrylic speaker panels and Xeno flashers to name a recent few...just have to peel through the thread a bit to find a lot of great ideas....there's a couple guys now that are working on creating a hypersleep chamber (and I can't wait to see their final product, cuz I want one!)

So I guess we can rename it as Alien club owners, can’t we?

#26324 4 years ago

Good job. However what was the issue?
What are the built date of your games guys? I think I have one of the last one built, don’t know if some issues were fixed with time and issue reports.

The issue that Averell is adrressing here is a not a uniformly experienced problem, but a known issue that has been experienced by some when there are multiple balls in the scoop at one time (encountered during multi-ball).

The ramp/trough from the Xeno (when he eats the ball) leads to the scoop, directing the ball to the scoop. The pathway of this trough is rather large and tall in comparison to the ball itself.

When there are 3+ balls in the scoop, there is the opportunity/potential for those stacking balls to "fall" laterally into the Xeno trough as opposed to directly out of the scoop (which may inhibit balls from routinely and reliably ejecting from scoop, and rather "hiccup" in the scoop in a disorganized manner when the coil and plunger fire). This insert that he created is at the end of the Xeno scoop and essentially shortens the Xeno 'roof" at the end of the Xeno trough and acts as a continuation of the side/wall of the scoop to prevent/inhibit any stacking balls in the scoop from falling laterally...all in an effort to more reliably have multiple balls eject during multi-ball.

It's a great solution he came up with. As a matter of fact, due to his above post, I went ahead and ordered a 10mm piece of POM to do the same in the event I too notice issues with 3+ balls moving forward.

#26325 4 years ago
Quoted from Toppers:

I saw a recent post about a hypersleep chamber. I starting working on this Mod about a month ago with zero knowledge that someone else was. I plan to have interactive lights and a motorized hatch like the pirates chest. More updates to come. Quite ironic that someone else had a similar idea... Mine is quite different as you can see. I do plan on selling them. Like a motorized and non motorized version. Wasn’t trying to “steal anyone’s thunder” the mod is currently still in development stage but the final product will be hand painted. You can also see the ball travel in and out of the lock assembly. It’s see through.
[quoted image]

great job.
just a question: does the screen not hide a bit the view of the mod?
cant wait the final product
thanks

#26326 4 years ago

Just to understand what you did: You unwired this plug, change it and wired again?
Always had this issue? What is the behavior of the game in play about this drop target bank?

I had one of the machines with the incorrect drop target board. This inverted the logic and so there was a special code release for this to work on. In order to upgrade past 1.0 I had to buy an entirely new drop target board. This has a different plug and apparently the wires are in a different order.

The problem being there is no schematic for the drop target board and Heighway in their shitty build quality did not use individual colored wires so its a guess as to what the correct wiring is. I might have fried the optos when they were reversed. I have verified I get 12v and ground off the board. Due to the opto design I cannot see with my camera if they are on or not.

#26327 4 years ago
Quoted from dung:

I had one of the machines with the incorrect drop target board. This inverted the logic and so there was a special code release for this to work on. In order to upgrade past 1.0 I had to buy an entirely new drop target board. This has a different plug and apparently the wires are in a different order.
The problem being there is no schematic for the drop target board and Heighway in their shitty build quality did not use individual colored wires so its a guess as to what the correct wiring is. I might have fried the optos when they were reversed. I have verified I get 12v and ground off the board. Due to the opto design I cannot see with my camera if they are on or not.

Ok
So I guess the best to do first is being sure that the plug is well wired. You need to know if each wire is connected at right place. So no other way but to follow each wire.

#26328 4 years ago

Ok
So I guess the best to do first is being sure that the plug is well wired. You need to know if each wire is connected at right place. So no other way but to follow each wire.

Yeah, except that would require a schematic which I do not think exists. Figure out what wires are ground and 12v are easy and can be done at the plug, but I am not even sure what pins are supposed to be 12v or ground on the drop target board.

#26329 4 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Yeah, except that would require a schematic which I do not think exists. Figure out what wires are ground and 12v are easy and can be done at the plug, but I am not even sure what pins are supposed to be 12v or ground on the drop target board.

Must be checked (i mean following the wire underneath the playfield as there is no schematic sheet) on a machine that works fine

#26330 4 years ago

Must be checked (i mean following the wire underneath the playfield as there is no schematic sheet) on a machine that works fine

A bit difficult due to rarity.

Can you do me a favor and measure the ground and 12v on that plug you took a pic of? That would eliminate a lot of this. My current guess is I have it wired correctly, but fried the optos when I wired it up the first time.

#26331 4 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Can you do me a favor and measure the ground and 12v on that plug you took a pic of? That would eliminate a lot of this. My current guess is I have it wired correctly, but fried the optos when I wired it up the first time.

If you tell me where I need to put each pin of the multimeter I can help you. I’m very bad at electronics, sorry.
Anyway if you get the good last boards, I will start to check the plug is well wired (for your new opto board)
I took a pic of the other end of cable. just do a continuity test.

CE7763BE-4A6D-4494-9369-4846FF0C51C4 (resized).jpegCE7763BE-4A6D-4494-9369-4846FF0C51C4 (resized).jpeg
#26332 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Very cool! Appreciate you taking the time to do this and share it with us!

I'll have to look around my garage and see if I still have any POM left and try and make one for myself..

#26333 4 years ago

I have made a few games tonight and there is no more interference at all.
The Airlock works really great now and every Multiball can be played out easily.

#26334 4 years ago
Quoted from dung:

I have a machine from one of the later LE runs. Here are photos of the connectors at the drop target board and the main board.

DC voltages measured (coin door open - high voltage disabled):

Red to Black = 5.03V

A target down, Orange to Black = 4.98V
P Target down, Yellow to Black = 4.98V
C Target up, Blue to Black = 0.01V

A target up, Orange to Black = 0.01V
P Target up, Yellow to Black = 0.01V
C Target down, Blue to Black = 4.98V

IMG_20200319_144353 (resized).jpgIMG_20200319_144353 (resized).jpgIMG_20200319_144416 (resized).jpgIMG_20200319_144416 (resized).jpg

#26335 4 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I have a machine from the last LE run. Here are photos of the connectors at the drop target board and the main board.
DC voltages measured with A,P targets down and C target up are:
Red to Black = 5.0V
Orange to Black = 7.3V
Yellow to Black = 7.4V
Blue to Black = 0.0V

I’m jealous...you have wires of different colors!
What date of built of yours?

#26336 4 years ago

I’m jealous...you have wires of different colors!
What date of built of yours?

Inspection label says March, 1, 2018.

#26337 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

I have made a few games tonight and there is no more interference at all.
The Airlock works really great now and every Multiball can be played out easily.

That's awesome to hear! Again, nice solution with that POM

#26338 4 years ago

Fixed via different flash drive

#26339 4 years ago

Vent 1 activates Sentry Guns...so let that area be dedicated to the effort!
Wanted to share some non-obstructive, reversible items I recently added. With light out and game on, it all looks really cool!
IMG_20200319_213424 (resized).jpgIMG_20200319_213424 (resized).jpgIMG_20200319_213357 (resized).jpgIMG_20200319_213357 (resized).jpgIMG_20200319_214443 (resized).jpgIMG_20200319_214443 (resized).jpg

#26340 4 years ago

Nice, where did you get it?

#26341 4 years ago

Attention:
2 backboards made of PET-G with perfect colors are available.
Plasticsets will follow latest end April.

Price is 110 each for this last 2 backboards ! Plus shipping.
Last chance.

#26342 4 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

Nice, where did you get it?

Hey Felix, thanks! I picked it up here:

https://toywiz.com/neca-aliens-uscm-arsenal-weapons-7-inch-accessory-pack/

I opted to shorten the tripod of the Sentry Gun a bit to get the height I wanted, and I double-sided taped the computers to a thin strip of aluminum that I hung under a hex bolt from the left ramp.
I really like how it turned out!

#26343 4 years ago

How to lit the revive inserts?
Is it normal my launch ball light is always unlit?
Do you manage to hit the chestbuster target with left lower flipper?
Do you manage to hit vent 2 with left lower flipper?
Is there a way to see clearer the left inlane? Hard to nudge well as I don’t really see the ball? An advise?
Does it exist thinner rubber? Drops don’t fall properly coz hindered by the rubber
I also lit the extra ball but don’t know how I did it.
Thanks

#26344 4 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Hey Felix, thanks! I picked it up here:
https://toywiz.com/neca-aliens-uscm-arsenal-weapons-7-inch-accessory-pack/
I opted to shorten the tripod of the Sentry Gun a bit to get the height I wanted, and I double-sided taped the computers to a thin strip of aluminum that I hung under a hex bolt from the left ramp.
I really like how it turned out!

You’ve added 2 orange bulbs at the end the ramps on the plastics? Where did you connect them?

#26345 4 years ago

How to lit the revive inserts?

Shoot the upper (Hypersleep) ramp.

Is it normal my launch ball light is always unlit?

No. It should be lit when the ball is ready to launch, and when you have weapons available.

Do you manage to hit the chestbuster target with left lower flipper?

Yes.

Do you manage to hit vent 2 with left lower flipper?

Yes... via a ricochet off the post that protects the bottom of the upper right flipper.

I also lit the extra ball but don’t know how I did it.

Complete X (adjustable) Lifecycles
Complete LV lanes when you already have 12X
Mother Mystery award

#26346 4 years ago

1X for one LV completed?

#26347 4 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I have a machine from one of the later LE runs. Here are photos of the connectors at the drop target board and the main board.
DC voltages measured (coin door open - high voltage disabled):
Red to Black = 5.03V
A target down, Orange to Black = 4.98V
P Target up, Yellow to Black = 0.01V
C Target down, Blue to Black = 4.98V

Very nice, so per the pics my center black pcb that holds the io board is different. I have an extra plug on it where my power wire goes. It is 12v and not 5v. I will switch it, but chances are the optos are fried and will need replacing.

#26348 4 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Very nice, so per the pics my center black pcb that holds the io board is different. I have an extra plug on it where my power wire goes. It is 12v and not 5v. I will switch it, but chances are the optos are fried and will need replacing.

Is there a number revision on this pcb board?

#26349 4 years ago

You’ve added 2 orange bulbs at the end the ramps on the plastics? Where did you connect them?

These mini beacon lights were purchased and attached by the previous owner. There's a third one also above the Airlock LCD screen. The wires to these smaller beacons run through and under the playfield, are connected in a series to each other (sort of daisy-chained) via tertiary wire that ultimately connects with the large beacon lights that sit on top of the backbox.
In this thread, about 10 or so pages back, are some posts with URLs to websites that carry them...I think they're from Germany.

#26350 4 years ago

Is there a number revision on this pcb board?

My game is supposedly the first production game. I will look over the board in a later and take pics.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,799 (OBO)
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 527 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/527?hl=xian222 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.