Quoted from ChipScott:
So now that I know I have good power supply as it appears I have Kneissl's capacitor mod already installed, any ideas on how I can improve my Airlock scoop??
Again, as soon as more than 1 ball gets in there at one time (during mb), there's a 85%+ chance neither of them are coming out...and then after it stops trying on ball search, I have to magnet them out.
I've tried increasing the scoop coil power incrementally, but similar results.
Has anyone installed a different scoop altogether? Has anyone tried a different coil?
Could it be that the balls are not lined up well in there (i.e. staggered) and that's the issue? I know some have added an insert, but it's not clear to me...
Had a lot of problems like yours. They became more and more bad until it was not possible to play multiball without removing glas and fish out the balls.
My MAIN problem was a bad bent switch lever.
This lever made a shelf for the ball aprox 15mm over the scoop bottom.
When the next ball went down the hole it placed it self halfway in the side scoop stacking them at 45 degree angels, witch meant that al the force from the coil punch was moving the balls in all directions but upwards. Also the plunger only hit the ball in the very end of it's stroke weakening the push even more.
Second problem was the plasticpiece. This does make the balls stack up but it also moves the ball away from the centerhole in the bottom of the scoop wich in turn prevent the plunger from hitting the ball correct and instead, when hitting off-center, makes the ball spin like crasy comming up on the playfield.
Also when the first ball get all the way down to the bottom the stacking is no longer a problem as second ball is preventing anny ball
from the side scoop to block the way up.
I made the following changes to get all this fixed:
- New placement of the switch and also exchanged for a "fork-style" making it more robust and also more reliably.
- Rasped/filed down the plastic so the ball will acctuallly get all the way down in the cut-out in the bottom and also get the maximum force from the plunger and does not spin nearly as much when coming up on th playfield.(compare it to the picture from faust)
This changes gives me a perfect function in the scoop and even a couple of times has been able to push out 4 balls in 2 atempts at -20% coilpower.
I would advice you to check the switch lever first thing...
I do not tink that a 3d printed piece can handle the force from the plunged balls...
ORF...IMAG1005 (resized).jpgIMAG1007 (resized).jpgIMAG1008 (resized).jpgIMAG1009 (resized).jpg