pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 520 of 601.
#25952 4 years ago
Quoted from Toppers:

So I ended up purchasing audio quest shielded cables. While some
May say this is a waste of money @ $35 a cable I think it’s cheap insurance. Here is a cool report / comparison about 8 generic “shielded” cables. You can clearly see the difference in protection from interferences you discussed in your response. This is what ultimately led to my purchase decision.
https://www.superbestaudiofriends.org/index.php?threads/usb-cable-shield-resistance-technical-measurements.5662/

I agree.

Keep in mind the tips all still apply. The strain relief is also about protecting the board and socket. Some cases these have come away from the actual board. Of course a badly attached socket is a fault, but still everything that can be done for "insurance" is surely a good idea.

It's a great game, so it's worth it!

#25953 4 years ago

Life size alien queen arrived intact . Wife going to love this one

BEBAD671-6E0D-42BE-A978-5DC4C387EEB9 (resized).jpegBEBAD671-6E0D-42BE-A978-5DC4C387EEB9 (resized).jpeg
#25954 4 years ago
Quoted from Toppers:

So I ended up purchasing audio quest shielded cables. While some
May say this is a waste of money @ $35 a cable I think it’s cheap insurance. Here is a cool report / comparison about 8 generic “shielded” cables. You can clearly see the difference in protection from interferences you discussed in your response. This is what ultimately led to my purchase decision.
https://www.superbestaudiofriends.org/index.php?threads/usb-cable-shield-resistance-technical-measurements.5662/

I'm surprised the reviewer didn't use a 4-wire measurement set-up to measure the shield resistance. I also wonder how much of a factor the USB connector is.

Still, the set-up is consistent and shows quite a difference.

#25955 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

ALIEN is prepared to be resurrected... waiting for Cliffy's ramp flaps, then it's done.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

You have an pinball in the bathroom?

#25956 4 years ago

where did you get this from? Looks awesome! I only see them for sale on eBay for $1500!

Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Life size alien queen arrived intact . Wife going to love this one[quoted image]

#25957 4 years ago

Polished ramps with new Cliffy flaps.

DSCN7767 (resized).JPGDSCN7767 (resized).JPG

#25958 4 years ago
Quoted from Toppers:

where did you get this from? Looks awesome! I only see them for sale on eBay for $1500!

I got it from Hollywood collectibles direct exclusive version what u think ? It’s huge

33B48063-234D-417D-A83C-56A70E8D75D4 (resized).jpeg33B48063-234D-417D-A83C-56A70E8D75D4 (resized).jpeg
#25959 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I got it from Hollywood collectibles direct exclusive version what u think ? It’s huge[quoted image]

Freaking awesome bro!!

#25960 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I got it from Hollywood collectibles direct exclusive version what u think ? It’s huge[quoted image]

Cool but not full size, more likely 1:3 scale. The door lock and frame probably measure 7’ in real life, yours is probably 2.5 foot.

#25961 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Cool but not full size, more likely 1:3 scale. The door lock and frame probably measure 7’ in real life, yours is probably 2.5 foot.

yeah! I think they lied! Life size my butt.

#25962 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I like it! That is a great addition to a game room. Nice find!

#25963 4 years ago

Yeah still it’s incredible! Boy would that be a crazy topper

#25964 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Very nice!!! think it would creep me out if it were behind me on the couch like that....especially on bourbon night....great find!!!

#25965 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I'm surprised your wife hasn't already kicked you (and that) out of the house yet. Hopefully it's in your game room

#25966 4 years ago

I have been trying desperately to keep her out of the basement she wanted to come down yesterday and watch a movie I told her tv is broken . It’s only a matter of time! But hey details on this thing are great ! Thanks for the comments everyone. If only my ceiling was higher imagine mounting this behind the alien pin and the sirens going off... would look great .
6D5109C5-A5C1-4F04-AD5C-02CA96F63D17 (resized).jpeg6D5109C5-A5C1-4F04-AD5C-02CA96F63D17 (resized).jpegD0A0951D-343A-436A-A90A-1C981133815B (resized).jpegD0A0951D-343A-436A-A90A-1C981133815B (resized).jpeg

#25967 4 years ago

Just stopping in to say that I've been a ghost here for months due to health issues (vertigo is real and awful). Things have eased up and I'm in the mood for pinball, so firing up my Alien LE is my first matter of business this afternoon. I cannot contain my excitement. Coming here and reading all of the new posts I missed since things went to hell was refreshing too. I'm so glad there's a group of people here who care so much about this pin.

#25968 4 years ago
Quoted from PinDoctor82:

Just stopping in to say that I've been a ghost here for months due to health issues (vertigo is real and awful). Things have eased up and I'm in the mood for pinball, so firing up my Alien LE is my first matter of business this afternoon. I cannot contain my excitement. Coming here and reading all of the new posts I missed since things went to hell was refreshing too. I'm so glad there's a group of people here who care so much about this pin.

Damn!!!! Sorry to hear about your bout with vertigo. I went through the same vertigo train wreck a few years ago. Very nasty. Glad your getting back on your feet (literally) and back to playing some pin. Especially Alien.

QSS

#25969 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Like the Alien looks good but I am rather drawn to that art piece sitting on the floor you took down. Love it!

#25970 4 years ago

I need some advice with this ball through problem I keep having.
I replaced the balls and thought it would solve it, but no.

The issue: I get a new ball, always. But only when it drains.
See attached video:

I’m clueless

One hint: during game I think I heard the shooter occasionally go off during play (so no ball in there). It would just pop one time. Happened a few times.
Anyone else had this?

#25971 4 years ago

Some other things
-All through lights work and detects the ball
-Switch for ball in shooter lane works
-New balls; they roll all up to the end when one is popped out
-1.3 code
-Sometimes a ball bounces back when popped out; any advice on tweaking that?

#25972 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Like the Alien looks good but I am rather drawn to that art piece sitting on the floor you took down. Love it!

I think its called "The bong hit"

#25973 4 years ago

Still working to finish the ALIEN soon.
The area around the chamber is not finished at all due to bad design, the plastic doesn't fit properly.
I try to solve the problem with some Hex-Posts.
The APC-Drop Target assy also has a design problem because the adjustment screws are missing and the targets stay under the edge of the playfield.
Another job is to finish the wiring for the mini beacons and the second flasher light for the Xenomorph.

DSCN7771 (resized).JPGDSCN7771 (resized).JPG

#25974 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I have been trying desperately to keep her out of the basement she wanted to come down yesterday and watch a movie I told her tv is broken . It’s only a matter of time! But hey details on this thing are great ! Thanks for the comments everyone. If only my ceiling was higher imagine mounting this behind the alien pin and the sirens going off... would look great .
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thinking about it, I think you should come up with some type of strobe lights over it or a rotating orange light. Something like in one of the movies. If white strobes came on when they passed by, that would be cool!

#25975 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Still working to finish the ALIEN soon.
The area around the chamber is not finished at all due to bad design, the plastic doesn't fit properly.
I try to solve the problem with some Hex-Posts.
The APC-Drop Target assy also has a design problem because the adjustment screws are missing and the targets stay under the edge of the playfield.
Another job is to finish the wiring for the mini beacons and the second flasher light for the Xenomorph.
[quoted image]

Your Alien head in the game is incredible! Great work all around.

#25976 4 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

It seems to be out of stock at free-play.se, but apparently from here you can still get them:
ebay.com link » Alien Heighway Pinball Original Genuine Io Board 1 4b Nos

Not pictured but the mods have been done on them when shipped

#25977 4 years ago

Does somebody know, where the three clear plastics belong to?
They were included in the PET-G Plastic Set, but I don't know where to screw them?

DSCN7770 (resized).JPGDSCN7770 (resized).JPG

#25978 4 years ago

I’ll have a look tonight to see if I can spot where they are located

#25979 4 years ago

Thanks,
I think they're obsolet regarding design issues in that area?

#25980 4 years ago

Finished the wiring for the left mini beacons and the left strobe effect light.

DSCN7772 (resized).JPGDSCN7772 (resized).JPG

DSCN7773 (resized).JPGDSCN7773 (resized).JPG

#25981 4 years ago
Quoted from Faust:

Some other things
-Sometimes a ball bounces back when popped out; any advice on tweaking that?

In the service menu, under Adjustments, there are Coil Adjustments where you can tweak the power for each coil individually.

You can try backing off 10% or so and see if that helps.

#25982 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Finished the wiring for the left mini beacons and the left strobe effect light.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Mini beacons look tight!

Those spots look gigantic! I need to see if I can get my mini-spot idea off the ground!

#25983 4 years ago

My first idea was to use small LEDs but there's not enough space where to put them inconspicuous.
The first test was this version but I droped that because it was impossible to fix the lights tight.

DSCN7488 (resized).JPGDSCN7488 (resized).JPG

Then I saw these Williams reflectors and use 906er Flasher LED.
I modified the circuit with different resistors and now they are very bright.
Another good reason for the reflektor is a quick fix if a flasher is damaged or if you want to swap the LED.

#25984 4 years ago

Another idea to make the ALIEN more unique and personal to its owner... and it works.

bg (resized).pngbg (resized).png

#25985 4 years ago

Now the drop target also works as it should.
On the pictures you can also see why there was no end stop on the assy... they attached the wire harness to it.
So you put in screws of the right length with self-locking nuts and the targets are flush with the edge of the board.
The wiring harness is now attached to a glue pad under the monitor.

DSCN7774 (resized).JPGDSCN7774 (resized).JPG

DSCN7775 (resized).JPGDSCN7775 (resized).JPG

DSCN7780 (resized).JPGDSCN7780 (resized).JPG

DSCN7779 (resized).JPGDSCN7779 (resized).JPG

#25986 4 years ago

Hello, could someone tell me how long are the usb cables that have to be changed please?
I experience some i/o disconnections when the ball is in the bumpers. Don't really know if it's really the electromagnetic perturbations or some physical perturbations caused by the bumpers movments ..

thx for the help

#25987 4 years ago
Quoted from AdreXis:

Hello, could someone tell me how long are the usb cables that have to be changed please?
I experience some i/o disconnections when the ball is in the bumpers. Don't really know if it's really the electromagnetic perturbations or some physical perturbations caused by the bumpers movments ..
thx for the help

Move the usb cables away from the speaker and the amplifier in the cabinet. That solved my “IO-board missing” problems that occured regularly during gameplay. Better quality cables didn’t seem to help.

#25988 4 years ago
Quoted from Maurice:

Move the usb cables away from the speaker and the amplifier in the cabinet. That solved my “IO-board missing” problems that occured regularly during gameplay. Better quality cables didn’t seem to help.

USB is one of the big "heels" of the system, do the cable managment of course ... but it is a good idea, I think, to do everything you can as well, including better quality cables (fitted with care).

#25989 4 years ago

Anyone bringing an Alien to sell at TPF? If so hit me up!

#25990 4 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Anyone bringing an Alien to sell at TPF? If so hit me up!

No but you always have an open invite to visit and play ours next time your near Chicago.

#25991 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I have been trying desperately to keep her out of the basement she wanted to come down yesterday and watch a movie

You know there is this company called Distortions Unlimited and they had the rights to sell FULL SIZED queen aliens. I use to have one but sold it. You can still find them even James Cameron had one. I have another buddy named Patrick McGree who sells full sized regular alien if anyone wants one I can get it.

Quoted from Yelobird:

No but you always have an open invite to visit and play ours next time your near Chicago.

If I go to Chicago Expo I want to come up there and check out your basement renovation!!!

#25992 4 years ago

It's done - after 7 month the Alien is back in action.

• Acryl laser Speaker Panels
• Airbrush Xeno
• ALU-Flipperfingers and buttons
• Black colored screws everywhere outside of the cabinet
• Bronce bearings
• Cliffy's
• Coin controller
• Custom made decals (cabinet, ramps and fingers)
• Electropolished stainless steel parts
• Knocker Assy complete
• Mini-Beacons
• Modified and screwed magnet on the tongue (no more loss)
• Mylar protected areas on the playfield
• New cabinet wiring with better diameter
• Non-reflecting glass
• PET-G Plastics and PETG-Backplex
• Reinforced jaw servo
• Signed plastics by Dave Sanders
• STERN Clamps in the flipper assys
• Strobe lights
• Visaton BG20 Bass

DSCN7812 (resized).JPGDSCN7812 (resized).JPG

DSCN7813 (resized).JPGDSCN7813 (resized).JPG

DSCN7783 (resized).JPGDSCN7783 (resized).JPG

DSCN7784 (resized).JPGDSCN7784 (resized).JPG

DSCN7785 (resized).JPGDSCN7785 (resized).JPG

DSCN7786 (resized).JPGDSCN7786 (resized).JPG

DSCN7792 (resized).JPGDSCN7792 (resized).JPG

DSCN7794 (resized).JPGDSCN7794 (resized).JPG

DSCN7795 (resized).JPGDSCN7795 (resized).JPG

DSCN7796 (resized).JPGDSCN7796 (resized).JPG

DSCN7797 (resized).JPGDSCN7797 (resized).JPG

DSCN7798 (resized).JPGDSCN7798 (resized).JPG

DSCN7799 (resized).JPGDSCN7799 (resized).JPG

DSCN7800 (resized).JPGDSCN7800 (resized).JPG

DSCN7801 (resized).JPGDSCN7801 (resized).JPG

DSCN7802 (resized).JPGDSCN7802 (resized).JPG

DSCN7803 (resized).JPGDSCN7803 (resized).JPG

DSCN7804 (resized).JPGDSCN7804 (resized).JPG

DSCN7806 (resized).JPGDSCN7806 (resized).JPG

DSCN7807 (resized).JPGDSCN7807 (resized).JPG

DSCN7809 (resized).JPGDSCN7809 (resized).JPG

DSCN7810 (resized).JPGDSCN7810 (resized).JPG

DSCN7811 (resized).JPGDSCN7811 (resized).JPG

#25994 4 years ago

Thank you Joe

#25995 4 years ago

Man wish you would come over and do same with my pin. Looks awesome.

As a side note, my wife finally went downstairs and watched a movie by herself somehow not seeing the huge Alien on the wall. I was like phew. Second day we were watching a movie, the entire 2 hours she didn't notice it and i was thinking to myself Im the clear. Then all of a sudden out of nowhere she is like "what the hell is that". I said "nothing". Guess she was too tired to ask more questions about it Score one for me!

#25996 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

• Airbrush Xeno
• Bronce bearings
• Cliffy's
• Coin controller
• Knocker Assy complete
• Mini-Beacons
• Non-reflecting glass
• Reinforced jaw servo
• Strobe lights
• Visaton BG20 Bass
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Wow. That looks amazing.
Would you be willing to show exactly how you ran and connected the wires for all of your mini beacons??
Thanks! Looks great!

#25997 4 years ago

Holy cow! Just amazing !!!!!

#25998 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

• Airbrush Xeno
• Black colored screws everywhere outside of the cabinet
• Bronce bearings
• Cliffy's
• Coin controller
• Knocker Assy complete
• Mini-Beacons
• Non-reflecting glass
• Reinforced jaw servo
• STERN Clamps in the flipper assys
• Strobe lights
• Visaton BG20 Bass
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Amazing work!
Why did you rewired the cabinet with better diameter?

#25999 4 years ago

This advice came from user Per, he figured out that the power loss and malfunctions during gameplay occur due to weak connections and too small diameter of the consumption wiring.
As you remember the first machine used the old transformator like the Full Throttle, but later Heighway changed to stabilized power supplys in the ALIEN machine because the old transformator was too weak.
In addition to the needed power it's strongly recommended to refit the wiring in the cabinet and check all the connectors.
A big issue is the direct connection to the mainboard with the weak hollow plug - get off this!
The 4-pin molex connector next to it should be used instead of the original plug!

#26000 4 years ago

I am making a batch of C&C machined acryclic speaker panels.
I asked Averell before, but he has no intention to make more than the 25 that are there.

If anyone wants a set, send me a PM.

First small batch comes in next week and I can see if they fit well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
9,799 (OBO)
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 520 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/520?hl=vpv1rgin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.