pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 516 of 601.
#25751 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipper-one:

Thank you TOMDK !
I'm searching everywhere but i don't find the pics.........i have to visit with patience every page of the 515 in this post. I hope that i will survive

Mhh ... costs me 3 minutes to find:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/get-away-from-her-you-bitch-alien-club-all-members-expendable

Ever wondered about the "search" button and funtion on pinside ?!

#25752 4 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Mhh ... costs me 3 minutes to find:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/get-away-from-her-you-bitch-alien-club-all-members-expendable
Ever wondered about the "search" button and funtion on pinside ?!

I apologize, I'm getting familiar with this forum and I still don't know how to move. I thank you and wish you a good day

#25753 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipper-one:

I apologize, I'm getting familiar with this forum and I still don't know how to move. I thank you and wish you a good day

Here's also a specific link: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/get-away-from-her-you-bitch-alien-club-all-members-expendable#post-3899936

#25754 4 years ago

Has anyone had to replace a coil stop on their bumper mechs? I've lost two recently - they look really cheap and obviously shear easily.
Not sure which type to replace with, if anyone knows...
thanks.

#25755 4 years ago

Thank you! I saw this, but i don't know where is this connector

c679a9e13b3dcfe925b2b43c9193f017ecf95e86 (resized).jpgc679a9e13b3dcfe925b2b43c9193f017ecf95e86 (resized).jpg
#25756 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipper-one:

Thank you! I saw this, but i don't know where is this connector[quoted image]

This is the connector between the backbox and the cab.
It's in the bottom of the backbox.

Connector (resized).JPGConnector (resized).JPG
#25757 4 years ago

Wow, look at these acrylic speaker panels... man your translite shines like a star, doesn't it.

#25758 4 years ago

Will there be cake upon release?

yx2dpyyljmoowqz60q9i (resized).jpgyx2dpyyljmoowqz60q9i (resized).jpg
#25759 4 years ago

On my LE I have a persistent problem that keeps coming back: IO-board 1 missing.
I replaced all 4 usb cables that lead to the IO boards. I also bought a new IO-board to replace IO-board 1.
Still the exact same problem remains. I switch the machine off and back on after 20 sec: game works 100%. But never for long. Can take 1 game or 20, but the problem does always come back.
The usb cable seems to “wiggle” a lot in the holder/connector on the IO-board. Should I replace this holder to finally get rid of this problem?

Second: my magnet fell of the rod. Any advice on how to re attach this in a reliable way.

My game is being ‘tested’ at the DPO 2019 as we speak.

#25760 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Wow, look at these acrylic speaker panels... man your translite shines like a star, doesn't it.

Yeeees fantastic

#25761 4 years ago
Quoted from Maurice:

On my LE I have a persistent problem that keeps coming back: IO-board 1 missing.
I replaced all 4 usb cables that lead to the IO boards. I also bought a new IO-board to replace IO-board 1.
Still the exact same problem remains. I switch the machine off and back on after 20 sec: game works 100%. But never for long. Can take 1 game or 20, but the problem does always come back.
The usb cable seems to “wiggle” a lot in the holder/connector on the IO-board. Should I replace this holder to finally get rid of this problem?
Second: my magnet fell of the rod. Any advice on how to re attach this in a reliable way.
My game is being ‘tested’ at the DPO 2019 as we speak.

I have changed all the USB cables to premium cables and rerouted the cables with extra holders away from the other cabel stuff.
Yes the USB connectors on the IO Boards are fragile. I have fixed the cables with zip ties to minimize motion at the IO connector.

The magnet ist glued at the rod. I used an extra powerful glue to fix that.

I have met you and talked about the IO Boards yesterday on the DPO at your Alien.
Nice to met you and a very nice machine

You have still the thin milchy factory foil on the PF Monitor.
Is your Alien LE new?

#25762 4 years ago

Yes, it's not actually about the pinball machine (but neither is all of the TBL talk), but it's relevant and may be appreciated by some of you here...

I just added one of Bill Paxton's aka Private Hudson's camo battle dress uniform (BDU) sets to my movie memorabilia collection. I got emotional opening up the box and holding them as I was fortunate enough to meet Bill Paxton about 6 months before he died unexpectedly - he was so freaking nice and I shook his hand in parting. I never thought it would be the last time I'd get to do that. He really was an ultimate badass. R.I.P. Bill.

Hudson BDUs (resized).jpgHudson BDUs (resized).jpgHudson BDUs 2 (resized).jpgHudson BDUs 2 (resized).jpgHudson BDUs 3 (resized).jpgHudson BDUs 3 (resized).jpgHudson BDUs 4 (resized).jpgHudson BDUs 4 (resized).jpgHudson BDUs 5 (resized).jpgHudson BDUs 5 (resized).jpg
#25763 4 years ago
oprah alien give a way (resized).jpgoprah alien give a way (resized).jpg
#25764 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

[quoted image]

Yes, inda club
E1261283-0CCC-4A02-A73D-6474FCAEB78F (resized).jpegE1261283-0CCC-4A02-A73D-6474FCAEB78F (resized).jpeg

E9A3F438-43B6-4EE9-B7B9-059640E61E98 (resized).jpegE9A3F438-43B6-4EE9-B7B9-059640E61E98 (resized).jpeg
#25765 4 years ago

So I installed the Beacon lights following swenny instructions and when they are always on while the game is on. Is that normal? U thought they were tied to a mode?

#25766 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

So I installed the Beacon lights following swenny instructions and when they are always on while the game is on. Is that normal? U thought they were tied to a mode?

They should not be on all the time !
Check your wiring

#25767 4 years ago

Today I received the new Cliffy for the Eject and it fit's perfect to the playfield.
They're available at Cliffy right now.

DSCN7288 (resized).JPGDSCN7288 (resized).JPG

DSCN7289 (resized).JPGDSCN7289 (resized).JPG

#25768 4 years ago

Does someone know what has been foreseen to be mounted there on the ramps?
Was it foreseen regarding the optic fibre lightening assembly?

585009D5-D67F-44B4-B001-2ED74F02C911 (resized).jpeg585009D5-D67F-44B4-B001-2ED74F02C911 (resized).jpeg
#25769 4 years ago

In my opinion these brackets are the primary fastening points of the ramps, before the design was changed.
Check both ramps and the plastics behind and you will see, that it would have fit perfect where the posts located in front of the ramps.

#25770 4 years ago
Quoted from DrDoom:

I have changed all the USB cables to premium cables and rerouted the cables with extra holders away from the other cabel stuff.
Yes the USB connectors on the IO Boards are fragile. I have fixed the cables with zip ties to minimize motion at the IO connector.
The magnet ist glued at the rod. I used an extra powerful glue to fix that.
I have met you and talked about the IO Boards yesterday on the DPO at your Alien.
Nice to met you and a very nice machine
You have still the thin milchy factory foil on the PF Monitor.
Is your Alien LE new?

My Alien LE is new and came from Sweden. All 4 IO boards are sent for a reliability upgrade to Flipperwerk, Markus, in Germany.

#25771 4 years ago

Ahhh ok. So maybe I trim them before black chrome my ramps.
Thanks

#25772 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

In my opinion these brackets are the primary fastening points of the ramps, before the design was changed.
Check both ramps and the plastics behind and you will see, that it would have fit perfect where the posts located in front of the ramps.

I'm pretty sure one of the people in the know said the tabs on the ramps were for mounting some kind of ramp entrance signs that were later cancelled.

#25773 4 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

I'm pretty sure one of the people in the know said the tabs on the ramps were for mounting some kind of ramp entrance signs that were later cancelled.

A mod for ramp entrance signs would be cool..

#25774 4 years ago

The "tongue" is prepared in front with a 3 mm threat for an experiment with another kind of magnet (8 mm).
First I will measure which force is needed to rip off the ball from the original magnet.
Then I have to screw the new magnet on the tongue and check how much force is needed for this one.
The idea is, to have a quick option to replace a broken magnet and to have a more stable game play.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

DSCN7321 (resized).JPGDSCN7321 (resized).JPG

DSCN7338 (resized).JPGDSCN7338 (resized).JPG

#25775 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

The "tongue" is prepared in front with a 3 mm threat for an experiment with another kind of magnet (8 mm).
First I will measure which force is needed to rip off the ball from the original magnet.
Then I have to screw the new magnet on the tongue and check how much force is needed for this one.
The idea is, to have a quick option to replace a broken magnet and to have a more stable game play.

good idea. Very interested in the outcome.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

#25776 4 years ago
b34fa380a8f2fc23fab850b1e0dfdbbc (resized).jpgb34fa380a8f2fc23fab850b1e0dfdbbc (resized).jpg
#25777 4 years ago

So if I'm right, one bullet weighs approx. 80 grams... sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less.
That corresponds to 0.785 Newton fixed at 80 grams.
With my experimental setup I need ~ 6.5 Newton to pull the ball off the original magnet.
That would be ~715 grams of weight - including the ball - that can be moved before the magnet releases the ball.
The ordered magnets (8 mm) are weaker with 500 grams on paper, which is still to be measured.
Alternatively, the magnets are also available up to 700 grams, but then with a diameter of 10 mm, which would also work.
I have to check this.

#25778 4 years ago

The profiles are finished and screwed together.
As screws I used the original screws, with which the inner panels were screwed before - they have exactly the right length.
The backplex (still reversed) is only plugged in from the top and not screwed tight anymore.
At the side the strips now have the same distance as the playing field is wide.
A strip of fleece on the left and right side follows to protect the inner panels if necessary.
Below you can now see the two drive-in nuts with which the back plate is screwed through the holders.
The plate in the middle still has to be adjusted and later holds the light foil and the rear band with exact distance through the rear drive-in nuts.

DSCN7347 (resized).JPGDSCN7347 (resized).JPG

DSCN7350 (resized).JPGDSCN7350 (resized).JPG

DSCN7348 (resized).JPGDSCN7348 (resized).JPG

DSCN7349 (resized).JPGDSCN7349 (resized).JPG

#25779 4 years ago

Here's my solution against loose magnet at the tongue.

Two 8 mm Neodym magnets screwed with a stainless steel screw to the gear. They need nearly the same force of ~7 Newton until they release the ball.
I'm sure this will work properly.

DSCN7366 (resized).JPGDSCN7366 (resized).JPG

DSCN7371 (resized).JPGDSCN7371 (resized).JPG

#25780 4 years ago

If anyone is interested in the Brian Allen original artwork for Alien.

"Official Limited Edition Alien 28 inch Pinball art print Signed and Numbered"

Please PM .

EDIT: this been spoken for .. carry on

#25781 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Here's my solution against loose magnet at the tongue.
Two 8 mm Neodym magnets screwed with a stainless steel screw to the gear. They need nearly the same force of ~7 Newton until they release the ball.
I'm sure this will work properly.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Great solution. PM sent.

#25782 4 years ago

Good morning,

I'm searching for a picture of an entire ALIEN LE Pinball Machine as shown below.
I only have a picture with the Queen toy inside, but I need a picture with the latest Airlock Screen on the playfield?
Is there something useful available, maybe from a promotion flyer or else?
It doesn't matter if black, blue or green edition, but please without interferring background.

22276-1-alien-LE-pinball-overall (resized).png22276-1-alien-LE-pinball-overall (resized).png

#25783 4 years ago

Now I have this one... perfect.

ALIEN 35th Anniversary (resized).pngALIEN 35th Anniversary (resized).png

#25784 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

[quoted image]

Beautiful...2 coin slots and full backglass...I must ask what you are attempting....you're definitely an Alien advocate and admiring your accomplishments..

#25785 4 years ago

I need this for our unofficial rulesheet cover... still working on it, but it enfolds 44 pages of information all around the ALIEN and ALIENS movie and the Pinball Machine, too.
A lot of work and it's not so easy to get all the necessary information, because some parts of the game are still unknown.

#25786 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

I need this for our unofficial rulesheet cover... still working on it, but it enolds 44 pages of information all around the ALIEN and ALIENS movie and the Pinball Machine, too.
A lot of work and it's not so easy to get all the necessary information, because some parts of the game are still unknown.

Very cool!! ..

#25787 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

I need this for our unofficial rulesheet cover... still working on it, but it enolds 44 pages of information all around the ALIEN and ALIENS movie and the Pinball Machine, too.

Great !

#25788 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

[quoted image]

Realized I've never seen that config on any owner pics....do any of these actually live in the wild? The Alien adventure continues.....

#25789 4 years ago

I think this was a promotion for the 35th anniversary announced on the ALIEN day.
But this image is the best I could find with a total view of the Pinball Machine.
All other pictures with a view on the playfield have that obsolet Queen toy inside and I don't want to have this on the cover sheet.

#25790 4 years ago

Had the game in attract mode tonight a d the damn mobo died. Mobo does not power on ay all when plugged in. Power bricks indicator light goes off when you plug in the mobo so guessing the comp shorted.

#25791 4 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Had the game in attract mode tonight a d the damn mobo died. Mobo does not power on ay all when plugged in. Power bricks indicator light goes off when you plug in the mobo so guessing the comp shorted.

could be the wire running to the MoBo (motherboard?)..only 12v and pretty wimpy

#25792 4 years ago

Mini-Beacons are real nice and added to my game.

BIG-Beacons are also nice and added to my game

This beacons are from former DDR manufacturer and are normally on trucks.

#25793 4 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Mini-Beacons are real nice and added to my game.
BIG-Beacons are also nice and added to my game

This beacons are from former DDR manufacturer and are normally on trucks.

Nice roof!

#25794 4 years ago

The first Backboards are ready for shipping now, the others will follow next week.
The first board will go to Averell for quality check
The point is: This boards are made from PETG and the graphic is moved a little deeper. So the black trim will no longer hide the head of the guy !
Also the colors and print are much better than the original plexiglasboard.
There will be no more drills in the boards , I send small pieces of self-adhesive tape, so no more screws are needet !

IF someone from the US is willing to distribute the boards and all others agree I would send the board to one adress. Maybe shipping costs will be a little lower than !

EDIT: Shipping one board is 36 EURO with DHL. UPS is over 60 EURO. So for USA I will ask for 30 EURO shipping.
BUT .. shipping for 5 boards would be the same ! So if someone is willing to collect and distribute shipping will be 6 EURO plus shipping within the USA !

Quoted from TomDK:

Backpanels
Due to the fact that no other guy will make them, I can offer them in some weeks.
I will make a small run in 2 mm PETG printed digitally from the back ... like plastics.
The price will be 120 EURO each plus shipping (around 35 EURO with UPS) ! Expensive I know .... I am sorry but no cheaper way in lasercutted PETG and it seems that the other source is dead.
With some plasticsets we did it this way: I send all to one intrested guy who spreads in the US to save up on shipping.
This will be a one time run , max 10 pieces.
Orders via private message please !

#25795 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

could be the wire running to the MoBo (motherboard?)..only 12v and pretty wimpy

Nope dead, ordering a replacement

#25796 4 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Nope dead, ordering a replacement

Drats!!

#25797 4 years ago

Calling

VividPsychosis ... please answer me on my PM´s concerning the new backboards !
So far I have only some replies but sit here with all the ordered backboards

#25798 4 years ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#25799 4 years ago

Today I received the long awaited and redisigned backplex in unbreakable PET-G.
The graphic has a higher resolution and is brighter at all.
As you can see there's no interferrence due to the profile on top of the backpanel and the jockey's head in the graphic.
This is really perfect.

DSCN7380 (resized).JPGDSCN7380 (resized).JPG

DSCN7381 (resized).JPGDSCN7381 (resized).JPG

#25800 4 years ago

Do you still have 1 for sale? Destination the Netherlands.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

9,799 (OBO)
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 516 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/516?hl=xian222 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.