DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 515 of 601.
#25701 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Original owners win either way. New design sure but even if they rerelease it's not just that's it's built differently but I would expect, if the rumors are true that the bally/Williams version would not incorporate the backbox screen and almost certainly not the pf screen. Both of those would be a significant difference along with the way it feels, art and looks.
To summarize you wouldn't have a CGC remake situation you would have two different games, which keeps they original just as desirable, especially late runs.
The more alien the better for the Pinball world!

Losing the screens would be unfortunate, since they are integral to the machine... If they stay, it will be expensive.

Quoted from Averell:

In my opinion it's all nonsens!!!

Maybe, but I'm hearing from a couple of reliable sources that this is happening soon.

#25702 4 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Losing the screens would be unfortunate, since they are integral to the machine... If they stay, it will be expensive.

Maybe, but I'm hearing from a couple of reliable sources that this is happening soon.

which sources ?

#25703 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

which sources ?

"Top....Men"

#25704 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

which sources ?

People in close with Pinball Bros, but I hate to mention names. Ice may be right after all. I hope so! If I'm wrong, well it was second hand information. I'll be more careful not to report anything without direct information from the actual manufacturer.

#25705 4 years ago

I don't know if an Alien pinball is reintroduced without a playfield monitor it won't seem like an Alien pinball. It was an interesting way to provide player information without the player looking up at the monitor/backglass.

#25706 4 years ago

Who top men?
Beleave me, it's all nonsens... and don't forget Dave!

#25707 4 years ago

I ended up fixing my flickering LED issue. Turns out it was some faulty lamps that I soldered. They worked by themselves but were causing problems further up the chain. Still need to find a way to upgrade the firmware on those two IO boards if anyone has some info.

Thanks!

#25708 4 years ago

Hello...
What always bothered me about the pin, was that you always saw the ball, especially by the flippers , very badly.
Stadium Light would have destroyed the fantastic atmosphere.

My solution:
Reflective yellow adhesive tapes

#25709 4 years ago
Quoted from Pittfallass:

Hello...
What always bothered me about the pin, was that you always saw the ball, especially by the flippers , very badly.
Stadium Light would have destroyed the fantastic atmosphere.
My solution:
Reflective yellow adhesive tapes

What an I looking at not seeing the tape

#25710 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

What an I looking at not seeing the tape

On the flipperbats ...

I prefer the slingshot lightning from TimeBandit

#25711 4 years ago

On the flipperbats ...
I prefer the slingshot lightning from timebandit

I'd installed it too adding to the Slingshot lightnig from Timebandit

#25712 4 years ago

Last chance to lose any bets you skeptics want to make. Come on, take a roll of the dice fellas. Naysayers and skeptics, have some faith in your negativity.

Not sure where Borygard is these days but i'm about to collect on that bet.

Ah yes, it's all good, exciting times!

#25713 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

In my opinion it's all nonsens!!!

Time to get your bet down and/or make yourself look foolish. Let's go.

I'll up it to announce AND deliver before year end.

Ohhhhhh, no way that can happen right? Crickets?

#25714 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Time to get your bet down and/or make yourself look foolish. Let's go.
I'll up it to announce AND deliver before year end.
Ohhhhhh, no way that can happen right? Crickets?

Oh yea sure with all the rumors around of a remake coming.. you can count me out!

#25715 4 years ago

It's great that people are going to get to play a fantastic re engineered awesome beautiful Alien pinball machine.

It's gonna be really interesting to see who diverts what other pinball funds to get this game.

Code and callouts are great. Video and sound are the best on any pin I've ever played or owned BY FAR, thanks to David Thiel.

#25716 4 years ago

Since I was a early depositer, and was screwed and lied to, I hope this happens so I can finally own a game I always wanted made!

#25717 4 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Since I was a early depositer, and was screwed and lied to, I hope this happens so I can finally own a game I always wanted made!

Well you are about to be really happy. I was also an early depositer and lost my $1k deposit with Andrew.

I'm happy for everybody that always wanted an Alien. Get ready to sticker shock i think but hey, Stern and JJP have already cleared those hurdles.

#25718 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's great that people are going to get to play a fantastic re engineered awesome beautiful Alien pinball machine.
It's gonna be really interesting to see who diverts what other pinball funds to get this game.
Code and callouts are great. Video and sound are the best on any pin I've ever played or owned BY FAR, thanks to David Thiel.

I’ll ask My friend David T myself

#25719 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It’s weird dude. I’ve got nothing against you, but you’re kind of gloating, lording over this like you’re holding the golden goose, trying to goad people into betting against you. Just doesn’t feel like a cool thing to be doing IMO.

#25720 4 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

It’s weird dude. I’ve got nothing against you, but you’re kind of gloating, lording over this like you’re holding the golden goose, trying to goad people into betting against you. Just doesn’t feel like a cool thing to be doing IMO.

No dude, I'm not holding shit, just tried to be a nice guy and let people know what was coming way back only to get the typical Pinside treatment, which of course, won't let you be a nice guy.

So take it however the F you want to take it! I'm speaking to THOSE people, smart ass negative know it alls that actually know nothing yet love to shit all over anything positive here. Mocking, bitching and whining about what. The production of a new Alien game is POSITIVE and EXCITING. That's it. LOL

Then again, seeing is believing.

And what are going to ask your friend David about? The huge compliment i gave him? He works for Deeproot

#25721 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Ok, so are you saying its the same pin as far as sound is concerned, just in a smaller cab?

#25722 4 years ago

There's no more ALIEN!
And we all know that Mickey Mouse is responsible for the copyrights right now.
And I have to say it again, don't forget Dave!

tr (resized).jpgtr (resized).jpg

#25723 4 years ago

The never ending speculation is why digging through threads for actual information sucks on here. Go make a thread if you want to talk about this promised remake and keep it out of here.

#25724 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

No dude, I'm not holding shit, just tried to be a nice guy and let people know what was coming way back only to get the typical Pinside treatment, which of course, won't let you be a nice guy.
So take it however the F you want to take it! I'm speaking to THOSE people, smart ass negative know it alls that actually know nothing yet love to shit all over anything positive here. Mocking, bitching and whining about what. The production of a new Alien game is POSITIVE and EXCITING. That's it. LOL
Then again, seeing is believing.
And what are going to ask your friend David about? The huge compliment i gave him? He works for Deeproot

Exciting times indeed!

#25725 4 years ago

There are quite a few Alien popping up for sale over here in Europe. This time there seems to be something going on behind the curtain...

#25726 4 years ago

The ALIEN from Franking is only sold because neither the woman nor the child can get involved with the topic. He doesn't always like to play alone.

#25727 4 years ago
Quoted from lamihh:

There are quite a few Alien popping up for sale over here in Europe. This time there seems to be something going on behind the curtain...

Yes. I’ve noticed as well. Either there was a hidden stock somewhere or...

#25728 4 years ago
Quoted from lamihh:

The green LE on flippermarkt is mine. I am selling it to finance getting a Batman66/Catwoman66. Alien was after all not my dream pin and I even hoarded a lot of spareparts for it, damn.

I have no info on any remake, the rumours are only what one enthusiast here keeps posting about.

#25729 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Ok, so are you saying its the same pin as far as sound is concerned, just in a smaller cab?

I don’t know, honestly

We will ALL know very soon

I let Borygard off the hook for a beer or two on the bet he’s gonna lose but he’s thrilled it’s coming!

It’s just a great pin and I’m happy so many more will get to experience it in home soon

I’m not trying to take peoples money I don’t need. You punch, I punch back

Love the hobby. Don’t love the jackasses

#25730 4 years ago

I also don't really know why you're banging the drum so hard on this. You've pretty much manufactured this sub-plot in this thread all by yourself. As was said above you seem to be getting off on the adversarial and antagonistic nature of it. I'm not sure what you want, really. Is it endless plaudits about how you called it and how you're the Pinball Oracle, etc etc and how we're not worthy? No offence intended, and I have no dog in this fight at all (I don't own an Alien, and am unlikely to be be buying a remake one).

If a new Alien comes out - great, if it doesn't - meh. All this drama manufacturing seems strange when this ought to be a positive thread about keeping discontinued machines running.

#25731 4 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

I also don't really know why you're banging the drum so hard on this. You've pretty much manufactured this sub-plot in this thread all by yourself. As was said above you seem to be getting off on the adversarial and antagonistic nature of it. I'm not sure what you want, really. Is it endless plaudits about how you called it and how you're the Pinball Oracle, etc etc and how we're not worthy? No offence intended, and I have no dog in this fight at all (I don't own an Alien, and am unlikely to be be buying a remake one).
If a new Alien comes out - great, if it doesn't - meh. All this drama manufacturing seems strange when this ought to be a positive thread about keeping discontinued machines running.

I’m getting paid to market it. Lol Yeah my life depends on this rollout

And I guess I just like to hear myself talk and have a little fun and it’s exciting to me

Yes, I will now call myself the “Oracle of Pinball” and channel the “Oracle of Omaha”

Thank you !!!

#25732 4 years ago

If iceman44 say's it's happening, then it's happening. I'm in!

#25733 4 years ago

If Dave is in too, I will believe it!

#25734 4 years ago

What the Hell, I'm in too!

Aliens for everybody!!!!

#25735 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

If Dave is in too, I will believe it!

Where did Dave say he believes this?

#25736 4 years ago

Meanwhile, if you cannot wait for the remake that will be published any day now, there is a beautiful Aliens LE (original) for sale on Pinside with an overdose of spare parts right now, wink wink

#25737 4 years ago

Dave had never said something like that, that's only my hope that he will be involved if there really is a new release.

#25738 4 years ago

Clearly, Dave's not here.

I take back my belief in Alien remake!

#25739 4 years ago
1C392566-F5B1-4030-87B6-1B3A92202A50 (resized).png1C392566-F5B1-4030-87B6-1B3A92202A50 (resized).png
#25740 4 years ago

Come on Dudes, mention Iceman the Oracle of pinball when you go to buy. I need the commission✌️

First beers/drinks on me at TPF as we celebrate fun times

Yes I might have had a few yesterday. Family had a celebration of life with the passing of my 88 yr old father in law yesterday morning. No condolences necessary, a relief and a blessing due to the decline in health.

Tip one for celebrating all the fun and blessings we have in life. I want to be on a positive train and enjoy every last day I’ve got left!!! And loving pinball right now is awesome.

Gonna do a big family pinball tournament this year as part of our Xmas party whether they want it or not! Drinks will flow and fun will be had by all

#25741 4 years ago

Actually,I airbrush many alien heads.
The next two with more details.

But actually I need time, knee operation

694DD98E-C9C6-412A-8070-38DFCCA63DB5 (resized).jpeg694DD98E-C9C6-412A-8070-38DFCCA63DB5 (resized).jpeg69E61571-288B-4C4C-96C4-827E5EAE1266 (resized).jpeg69E61571-288B-4C4C-96C4-827E5EAE1266 (resized).jpegC97DC8BA-5D2E-4817-AB8C-373D505C5068 (resized).jpegC97DC8BA-5D2E-4817-AB8C-373D505C5068 (resized).jpeg
#25742 4 years ago

Hi guys! I will get soon my ALIEN.
This will arrive with beacons not mounted. Someone can show me where I have to connect them and what kind of connectors I need? Thank you so much.
P. S. Is true that there is no manual for this pinball?

#25743 4 years ago

Flipper-airbrush

Great work ! Looking forward to my Xenohead !
BTW: On the first picture you see that the head of the guy in the gunchair is cutted by the metallframe .. soon there comes a solution to see the whole head

Flipper-one
Congratulation on the pin. Please check the threads about Alien there you will find pictures how to connect the beacons!
And no .. there is no official manual but member PER made a very very good pdf-file about the pcb´s and how they work together !

You see .. a lot to read here on pinside in the Alien-Threads but this questions and many many more are answered.

#25744 4 years ago

Thank you TomDK !
I'm searching everywhere but i don't find the pics.........i have to visit with patience every page of the 515 in this post. I hope that i will survive

#25745 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipper-one:

Hi guys! I will get soon my ALIEN.
This will arrive with beacons not mounted. Someone can show me where I have to connect them and what kind of connectors I need? Thank you so much.
P. S. Is true that there is no manual for this pinball?

4150658_0 (resized).jpg4150658_0 (resized).jpg
#25746 4 years ago

I hope I made the right choice. All of me advise against it for many reasons: because HEIGHWAY has failed, for spare parts, because it has no manual .......... yet I like it and I am confident. Pray for me guys

#25747 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipper-one:

I hope I made the right choice. All of me advise against it for many reasons: because HEIGHWAY has failed, for spare parts, because it has no manual .......... yet I like it and I am confident. Pray for me guys

Do you know how to fix pinball machines? To a degree?

#25748 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Do you know how to fix pinball machines? To a degree?

Yes, but i am good with mechanical part, not the same with electronics. Many friend told me that here there are a lot of issue with boards and electronics. I hope not, but now they are scared me.........

#25749 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipper-airbrush:

Actually,I airbrush many alien heads.
The next two with more details.
But actually I need time, knee operation [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Totally awesome! Happen to do this for others?

#25750 4 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Totally awesome! Happen to do this for others?

Yeah! I want too!

QSS

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

9,799 (OBO)
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 515 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/515?hl=oneangrymo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.