zKszZMu.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2530 (resized).jpg
IMG_2529 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 511 of 601.
#25501 4 years ago

I have produced 5 brackets (sold) and wrote a parts list.
At the end delivery is too expensive, but I have posted the dimension sheets some pages before.
So everyone who's interested in, could do it himself.

#25502 4 years ago

Does anyone have a fix for occasional ball being hung up right ramp where the playfield meets the metal part of the ramp?

#25503 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Does anyone have a fix for occasional ball being hung up right ramp where the playfield meets the metal part of the ramp?

Did u try yelling at it jusssst kidding bud.. good to see u back on here... cheers!

#25504 4 years ago

Does anyone know where to get a replacement metal flipper base?

#25505 4 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Did u try yelling at it jusssst kidding bud.. good to see u back on here... cheers!

Yeah that didnt work.. it got me banned from playing Alien for one week

#25506 4 years ago

Work on cabinet and backbox is done.
A lot of things have been improved... Connectors (especially mainboard), Wiring (Cross section), Ground, exchanged bass, electronic coin controller, Decals, Screws, Knocker Assy and many more.

DSCN7030 (resized).JPGDSCN7030 (resized).JPG

DSCN7035 (resized).JPGDSCN7035 (resized).JPG

DSCN7036 (resized).JPGDSCN7036 (resized).JPG

Next step is to improve the playfield and all the parts beneath... Plastics, XENO, Fingers (ALU), Assemblies, Connetors, Wiring, Mods, and so on.

Man, I love this machine.

regards
Averell

#25507 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

A lot of things have been improved... Connectors (especially mainboard), Wiring (Cross section), Ground, exchanged bass, electronic coin controller, Decals, Screws, Knocker Assy and many more.

Next step is to improve the playfield and all the parts beneath... Plastics, XENO, Fingers (ALU), Assemblies, Connetors, Wiring, Mods, and so on.
regards
Averell

wow thats clean looking. Im just curious did any of that work improve the flashing leds you get sometimes with flippers, and the beeping noise w the left flipper?

#25508 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
regards
Averell

Looks awesome.
I noticed your inspection sticker too!
Nice work.

#25509 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

wow thats clean looking. Im just curious did any of that work improve the flashing leds you get sometimes with flippers, and the beeping noise w the left flipper?

As far as I know the tone (beep) that comes with the left flipper press is a design/allocation shortcoming. Architecture used, the allocation of it, allows audio interference from left flipper press. The chanels/devices used were somehow not assigned optimally, would require major code work (at least) to eliminate the cause of it.

#25510 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
regards
Averell

Well done!!!! I've taken a similar approach with mine...(no knocker, however), literally dismantling and reassembling the entire game, bettering where I could. Super reliable now, and can only imagine what would have been if they had stayed with it. Some amazing people in this thread that allowed it to live on "better than new".

#25511 4 years ago

The most improvements have the effect of better electric power stability and better workmanship.
There are a lot of little things that will bring a great result in the end.
The playfield will be a challenge again, because many things still seem to be unfinished.
There's a lot to do technically and visually.

#25512 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

The most improvements have the effect of better electric power stability and better workmanship.
There are a lot of little things that will bring a great result in the end.
The playfield will be a challenge again, because many things still seem to be unfinished.
There's a lot to do technically and visually.

When you say connection improvements and those improvements in general, what exactly do you mean? A usb connector connects the same as all mini usb connectors so I am not following. Pardon my naivety.

#25513 4 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

When you say connection improvements and those improvements in general, what exactly do you mean? A usb connector connects the same as all mini usb connectors so I am not following. Pardon my naivety.

Good quality Shielded USB cables is one of the improvements.

#25514 4 years ago

A main problem is the power connector to the mainboard.
I was recommended to change to the MOLEX connector on the mainboard and use all four wires (2xPlus, 2xMinus) to double the cross section and reduce the electric current on the pins.
Another problem are the crimped plugs, sometimes loose or bad contact. I made them all new.

#25515 4 years ago

And the next step is the backplex plastic.
I have disassembled the wooden panel and removed the plastic for an exact measurement.
Fortunately the plastic is in best condition.
Now we try to recreate the backplex in unbreakable PET-G or Vivak.

DSCN7037 (resized).JPGDSCN7037 (resized).JPG

#25516 4 years ago

I would be in for that. Terrible design, but it looks cool in game.

#25517 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

And the next step is the backplex plastic.
I have disassembled the wooden panel and removed the plastic for an exact measurement.
Fortunately the plastic is in best condition.
Now we try to recreate the backplex in unbreakable PET-G or Vivak.
[quoted image]

I'm begging you to make this and sell me one, please....only piece on my game that is not PETG now (and is broken in the corner, of course)

#25518 4 years ago

Averell is correct. All USB cables are not created equal. Larger than that, they should have NEVER used USB as a transmission method. The cable end design doesn't have a mechanical lock so it's prone to not seating properly, especially in a pinball machine. Why they didn't use standard, RJ45 CAT6 cabling for interconnect is beyond me, and next to the acrylics, the worst design aspect of the game.

combine that with euro block screw connectivity on motherboard (I used loctite during the rebuild) and wimpy power supplies was a recipe for disaster.

The good news...it can all be addressed, and the gameplay is worth the effort. The effort needs to be thorough, and possibly not for everyone, however.

I love this game, and never a doubt it could be shored up....

#25519 4 years ago

Sure, it will take a time.
I keep you updated regarding backplex plastic.

#25520 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Sure, it will take a time.
I keep you updated regarding backplex plastic.

I would be very keen for this also if available in PETG!

#25521 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

averell is correct. All USB cables are not created equal. Larger than that, they should have NEVER used USB as a transmission method. The cable end design doesn't have a mechanical lock so it's prone to not seating properly, especially in a pinball machine. Why they didn't use standard, RJ45 CAT6 cabling for interconnect is beyond me, and next to the acrylics, the worst design aspect of the game.
combine that with euro block screw connectivity on motherboard (I used loctite during the rebuild) and wimpy power supplies was a recipe for disaster.
The good news...it can all be addressed, and the gameplay is worth the effort. The effort needs to be thorough, and possibly not for everyone, however.
I love this game, and never a doubt it could be shored up....

Well, I’m only in VA, perhaps a paid trip to come sure up a potential future LE might be possible? Definitely don’t have the know how to do it myself. Where’s does one get all petg plastics for this title?

#25522 4 years ago

Well, I’m only in VA, perhaps a paid trip to come sure up a potential future LE might be possible? Definitely don’t have the know how to do it myself. Where’s does one get all petg plastics for this title?

If you find someone willing to produce more PETG plastic sets, count me in as a number... I have hunted high and low, all sources seem to be out of stock. We're down for two sets here if/when they are run again!

#25523 4 years ago

I'd buy a set for sure. Count me in.

QSS

#25524 4 years ago

The dimension sheet is already done and next week we try to run a first prototype of the plastic.
We have also to consider how to protect the plastic on the top side, the current platic strip doesn't work at all.

#25525 4 years ago

I’m down for a petg plastic set. St the very least I’d like 2 sets of sling shot plastics.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#25526 4 years ago

I’m down for a petg plastic set. St the very least I’d like 2 sets of sling shot plastics.

so are you back in the club? If so welcome back! Hopefully the one you got is a later build. I still haven't had any issues with mine all this time.

#25527 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

so are you back in the club? If so welcome back! Hopefully the one you got is a later build. I still haven't had any issues with mine all this time.

I will be back shortly. thank you. It’s been too long.

That’s awesome man! You know the terrible drama behind my first game. I’m hoping it goes better this time around. Seller says the game works 100% so I guess time will tell. I’m hopeful.

Any parts left available for this game anywhere? Seems like Pinball life is all out and that place in Europe doesn’t ship?

#25528 4 years ago

Did some refurbish today... new paint on wooden rails and custom made stainless steel protectors for outlane and shooter lane.

DSCN7178 (resized).JPGDSCN7178 (resized).JPG

Removal of all parts I will get in black chrome soon.

DSCN7176 (resized).JPGDSCN7176 (resized).JPG

Next step is to upgrade all flipper assys with ALU-Fingers, bronce bearings and STERN-Clamps.

#25529 4 years ago

Reassembling of the playfield, next step is the improvement of the complete wiring and bad connections beneath the playfield.
I have also installed adjustable ALU-Flipper Fingers, bronze bearings and STERN-Clamps to the assemblies.

DSCN7184 (resized).JPGDSCN7184 (resized).JPG

Here the new stainless steel protectors at left outlane and right shooter lane.

DSCN7185 (resized).JPGDSCN7185 (resized).JPG

Adjustable ALU-Flipper Fingers

DSCN7186 (resized).JPGDSCN7186 (resized).JPG

Bronze bearings and STERN-Clamps at the assemblies

DSCN7187 (resized).JPGDSCN7187 (resized).JPG

#25530 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Reassembling of the playfield, next step is the improvement of the complete wiring and bad connections beneath the playfield.
I have also installed adjustable ALU-Flipper Fingers, bronze bearings and STERN-Clamps to the assemblies.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

If you ever have the urge to make a real, metal apron, I'd love to share some thoughts....my machine shop buddy is buried w commercial work, and can't think of any game that deserves a proper apron more than Alien.

#25531 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

If you ever have the urge to make a real, metal apron, I'd love to share some thoughts....my machine shop buddy is buried w commercial work, and can't think of any game that deserves a proper apron more than Alien.

To me that should be the number one part to change. Clumsy. Not saying that could be cheap or easy... I still don’t get this knowing all the rest is solid build and good quality...

#25532 4 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

To me that should be the number one part to change. Clumsy. Not saying that could cheap or easy... I still don’t get this knowing all the rest is solid build and good quality...

Definitely hit or miss....this had to be one of the last things to make with no $$$ left....I feel for the team trying to code/ finish this thing. The only good thing on the Apron is the Heighway logo in the middle....So much real estate on either side for (2x) "tips" in monstrous lettering...ugh.

A real apron would absolutely make the game, imho....

#25533 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Wow ur machine is going to be one of a kind , bulletproof monster

#25534 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

So much real estate on either side for (2x) "tips" in monstrous lettering...ugh.

If I remember correctly, Aurich threw those apron graphics together in like 5 minutes shortly before the game was first revealed at Expo, because we wanted to communicate how the weapons worked... it was basically a placeholder. And then, well, you know...

#25535 4 years ago

OK, you all do some research and we will develop an apron that will fit for the ALIEN!

But first of all, we need a Cliffy here!

ALIEN (resized).PNGALIEN (resized).PNG

#25536 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

OK, you all do some research and we will develop an apron that will fit for the ALIEN!
But first of all, we need a Cliffy here!
[quoted image]

Count me in for one!

#25537 4 years ago

Stop your grin’n and drop your linens! Alien LE in the house! back in the game baby!

9D705069-AD84-44A6-ACEC-DA686075003F (resized).jpeg9D705069-AD84-44A6-ACEC-DA686075003F (resized).jpeg62C48A7F-D3AA-4121-9663-0367A4B3C223 (resized).jpeg62C48A7F-D3AA-4121-9663-0367A4B3C223 (resized).jpeg87B996E6-4F79-428A-86E8-A6E06716D0D4 (resized).jpeg87B996E6-4F79-428A-86E8-A6E06716D0D4 (resized).jpegCC14A821-3A75-41FA-8CFD-56EE58121152 (resized).jpegCC14A821-3A75-41FA-8CFD-56EE58121152 (resized).jpeg
#25538 4 years ago

Perhaps you guys have a quick solution or perhaps there is no solution which is also alright. My game is running flawlessly with one exception. Something that also happened on my original SE. if I hold the right flipper (trapping a ball) the leds in the inserts flicker. If I do the same on the left flipper. No flicker, they stay solid.

What would be a solution or fix for this? Outside of that my game is running amazingly. I am one very happy owner.

#25539 4 years ago

A first template made of paper for a new Cliffy... try to redesign in CAD.

DSCN7196 (resized).JPGDSCN7196 (resized).JPG

#25540 4 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

If I remember correctly, Aurich threw those apron graphics together in like 5 minutes shortly before the game was first revealed at Expo, because we wanted to communicate how the weapons worked... it was basically a placeholder. And then, well, you know...

I 100% believe this!!!!! Man, how good a real apron would look!!!

#25541 4 years ago

Here's a first proof of the new protector, later this evening I will check how it fits on the left eject hole.
Maybe I have to do some improvements, but soon this protector will be available at Cliffy's and the Alien set will be complete.

• Airlock
• Left Ramp
• Left Eject

Unbenannt (resized).PNGUnbenannt (resized).PNG

#25542 4 years ago

top your grin’n and drop your linens! Alien LE in the house! back in the game baby!

The profit of a TBL flip ...ugh

#25543 4 years ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

The profit of a TBL flip ...ugh

Don’t be a hater. I bought a pinball machine and traded it. Lol. Not really a profit...

#25544 4 years ago

Don’t be a hater. I bought a pinball machine and traded it. Lol. Not really a profit...

Eh, if it was the same deal you were trying to sell me on there was profit. Good for you, but as i thought tbl's are trickling out again. Good time for you to get out.

#25545 4 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Eh, if it was the same deal you were trying to sell me on there was profit. Good for you, but as i thought tbl's are trickling out again. Good time for you to get out.

You offered me more than he did... so no not really a profit. I just wanted an alien again. Can we seriously just move on? He is loving having a TBL and I am happy with his alien.

Would love some help with the right flipper causing the LED light flickering on the inserts though. Any help available?

#25546 4 years ago

You offered me more than he did... so no not really a profit. I just wanted an alien again. Can we seriously just move on? He is loving having a TBL and I am happy with his alien.
Would love some help with the right flipper causing the LED light flickering on the inserts though. Any help available?

This is not very helpful but I do know what you're referring to as I had it in my first alien. I no longer have it on my new alien and was told it's bc the build was later and they fixed it on the boards. Maybe see if you can get an extra board from one of the websites to see if that fixes it. It's really not a big deal so def not worth the hassle but thought I would try and help if possible.

Regarding TBL, anyone spending more than 12.5 is crazy. Let's just say I'm very confident that game will be available in the near future.

#25547 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

This is not very helpful but I do know what you're referring to as I had it in my first alien. I no longer have it on my new alien and was told it's bc the build was later and they fixed it on the boards. Maybe see if you can get an extra board from one of the websites to see if that fixes it. It's really not a big deal so def not worth the hassle but thought I would try and help if possible.
Regarding TBL, anyone spending more than 12.5 is crazy. Let's just say I'm very confident that game will be available in the near future.

Are you referring to an io board?

Basically if I hold the right flipper and cradle a ball or just hit the right flipper in general, the gi lights will flicker, some of the inserts will flicker and even some of the arrows if they are lit blue will flicker and change colors randomly. That’s about the best I can describe it.

#25548 4 years ago

Are you referring to an io board?
Basically if I hold the right flipper and cradle a ball or just hit the right flipper in general, the gi lights will flicker, some of the inserts will flicker and even some of the arrows if they are lit blue will flicker and change colors randomly. That’s about the best I can describe it.

No not IO but underneath there are three monster boards - they contain the lights. I was referring to those boards.

Your description is exactly what I experienced with my older alien. Seems like you might have an older build?

#25549 4 years ago

I think the game just doesn’t like to travel. In the videos I watched of it preshipping, it didn’t do this. Only recently started. Not sure on build date. Has regular boards not red ones, and the gears for xeno are metal not plastic like mine were.

#25550 4 years ago

Mine came from canada ; ). One of the nicest pinsiders I've met - super cool guy. Became an importing nightmare with additional taxes I didn't see coming but all worked out.

Good news is that it's just some electric noise vs a real problem.

Check the ramps and the end of them to see if they are the newer version or not. Might be an indication of age. Older ones I believe were either more square or round.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
9,999 (OBO)
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
There are 30,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 511 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/511 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.