DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 509 of 601.
#25401 4 years ago
Quoted from megaladon:

So I listed my alien f/s trade and I was checking everything and bam shit happens. I had a little red feedback in the back box display so I took s look and lightly with pressure the feedback went away. Then it cracked on the edge killing 10% of the image. I either take a bath on the game and sell it or find a replacement. Anyone know if it has to be the same M270HV02.1 screen impossible to find? Please help.

Correct part # is M270HVN02.1 - you can probably confirm this on yours, it's labeled somewhere on the back. Be very careful with the LVDS cable and connector inside that backbox monitor housing when you remove the panel. It's delicate, and there's a special way it removes from the connector. (Google it)

There's several panels on eBay, they're available for around $200-$300.

http://www.apollodisplays.com/m270hvn02-1/

Also, the red in the display is probably loose LVDS cable or the cable going into the monitor board from the computer, and not as likely the display itself. You shouldn't push on LCD displays, but I guess you found that out.

#25402 4 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

Correct part # is M270HVN02.1 - you can probably confirm this on yours, it's labeled somewhere on the back. Be very careful with the LVDS cable and connector inside that backbox monitor housing when you remove the panel. It's delicate, and there's a special way it removes from the connector. (Google it)
There's several panels on eBay, they're available for around $200-$300.
http://www.apollodisplays.com/m270hvn02-1/
Also, the red in the display is probably loose LVDS cable or the cable going into the monitor board from the computer, and not as likely the display itself. You shouldn't push on LCD displays, but I guess you found that out.

LOL. Thanks, yea figured that one out in slow motion...nooooooooo!

#25403 4 years ago

I connected the playfield lights here, the white cable...
80808190-4C66-44F0-9A55-25599AACAF65 (resized).jpeg80808190-4C66-44F0-9A55-25599AACAF65 (resized).jpeg

#25404 4 years ago

Then connect the 4 lights... that’s all..

0D8C1541-ADDE-4914-B411-2950A3146BA8 (resized).jpeg0D8C1541-ADDE-4914-B411-2950A3146BA8 (resized).jpeg3BA0BB41-ADC0-48FF-B103-320F86D2D7F5 (resized).jpeg3BA0BB41-ADC0-48FF-B103-320F86D2D7F5 (resized).jpegED2D1BB3-8C94-4C66-A34A-A91F33BE18C3 (resized).jpegED2D1BB3-8C94-4C66-A34A-A91F33BE18C3 (resized).jpegF68847A6-1C0B-441D-ADAE-1401F3F75F3D (resized).jpegF68847A6-1C0B-441D-ADAE-1401F3F75F3D (resized).jpeg
#25405 4 years ago

That's easy, but I have doubts at the position of the beacon left next to the ramp and on the right in opposite to the upper flipper finger.
One airball could destroy the beacons, so we have to consider about another place or a protection in that area?
If I install the beacons, I will decouple the bases additionally with rubber washers.
I remember some issues with the opto electronics of the ball trough, that later was solved due to use rubber grommets between assy and circuit boards.

#25406 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

That's easy, but I have doubts at the position of the beacon left next to the ramp and on the right in opposite to the upper flipper finger.
One airball could destroy the beacons, so we have to consider about another place or a protection in that area?
If I install the beacons, I will decouple the bases additionally with rubber washers.
I remember some issues with the opto electronics of the ball trough, that later was solved due to use rubber grommets between assy and circuit boards.

You need a Cliffy all around

B104D_01 (resized).jpgB104D_01 (resized).jpg
#25407 4 years ago

That's it!

#25408 4 years ago

I think I am only going to do the lower 2. Besides at 82 shipped for the pair these are not exactly cheap for a pair of lights. Don't wanna put them somewhere your average ball will hit.

#25409 4 years ago

How often during gameplay do the beacons on top of the cabinet turn on?! As amazing as those mini beacons are.. if they spun the whole time it would be too much.

#25410 4 years ago

loader battle, queens nest, self destruct (I think?) and in attract mode for a brief period. Get the belt driven ones otherwise they are loud.

It is not overwhelming and totally is worth it.

#25411 4 years ago

I don’t own Alien, although I’d love to one day. The beacon light mod on the playfield looks awesome!
The beacons originally mentioned look so good, but on the very high end side of price.
I was looking around and found these, no info on size but they look small and say they are for RC cars.
Thought they might be worth looking into, simply cause they are cheap.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Gotoamei-RC-Car-LED-Rotating-Beacon-Light-Flashing-For-Trucks-Crawlers-Model-Toy-Accs-New/118090254?selected=true

305759D6-D6DA-4C47-AD7A-447782DD5C88 (resized).png305759D6-D6DA-4C47-AD7A-447782DD5C88 (resized).png
#25412 4 years ago

It's just a matter of quality.
The beacons we use are high-end German handmade parts and proofed for long life in heavy terrain for off-road model trucks and stuff like that.
I'm not sure if these "Chinese" thing will work properly?

#25413 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

It's just a matter of quality.
The beacons we use are high-end German handmade parts and proofed for long life in heavy terrain for off-road model trucks and stuff like that.
I'm not sure if these "Chinese" thing will work properly?

Handmade lights that are .5 inches tall. Impressive!

#25414 4 years ago

I was intrigued by the beacon lights from Walmart, but after a little checking, looks like they are 6V, If I'm not mistaken they need to be wired into the 12V circuit to go off at the same time as the head beacons. So unless there is a way to wire them into the lower voltage light circuit I don't think they are going to work, and as cool as they look, I don't think you would want them going all the time.

#25415 4 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

I was intrigued by the beacon lights from Walmart, but after a little checking, looks like they are 6V, If I'm not mistaken they need to be wired into the 12V circuit to go off at the same time as the head beacons. So unless there is a way to wire them into the lower voltage light circuit I don't think they are going to work, and as cool as they look, I don't think you would want them going all the time.

A resisitor and we are on 6 volts ??

I saw the expensive german ones in natura ! Awesome work !! Yes, high priced but looking like real surroundlights !

#25416 4 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

A resisitor and we are on 6 volts ??
I saw the expensive german ones in natura ! Awesome work !! Yes, high priced but looking like real surroundlights !

Can also connect two in series, this would be efficient.

#25417 4 years ago

Quite possible I guess, need someone with more technical knowledge than me to chime in, but if there's a chance it would work, I will give it a try .

BTW, they are available on Amazon for even less, 2 pack for $12!!

#25418 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Can also connect two in series, this would be efficient.

Be careful, there are electronic circuits inside, not just two lights or LEDs. So that might not work.
It would be better to use a DC-DC converter from 12 V to 6 V (e.g. https://www.amazon.de/DaoRier-LM2596S-Converter-Verstellbarer-Stromversorgung-Blau-x-1/dp/B06XYDNM77)).
And there could be another problem: Since the last SW update, the power of the topper beacon has been reduced to limit the noise when rotating. This has been achieved with PWM - The 12V output is only turned on intermittently, resulting in an average lower voltage level. This in turn can also cause problems for the beacons or the DC-DC converter.

But for Franking1302 it has worked, so let's try it despite all theory - who volunteers?

#25419 4 years ago
Quoted from dung:

I think I am only going to do the lower 2. Besides at 82 shipped for the pair these are not exactly cheap for a pair of lights. Don't wanna put them somewhere your average ball will hit.

I went for it also and got 4!

#25420 4 years ago

I have four of them from Franking1302, he bought them in a German store.
Yes, they are really high-end in very good quality and the work like really beacons with a sourrounding effect made by 4 LED.
These one also work in a slow motion effect that is much more related to the reality like the beacons used in the movie. They fit perfect to the beacons on the backbox.
As mentioned by Per it would be better to switch the beacon on or off with a relais, connected to the 12 volt power supply and using the signal from the beacons on the backbox.
Unfortunately my ALIEN is still out of order due to servicing and it will take a while untill it's back in action again.

DSCN7019 (resized).JPGDSCN7019 (resized).JPG

#25421 4 years ago

Probably one of my favorite modes in the game is Loader Battle. They did an amazing job emulating the beacons on the play field...May not get there often, but we'll worth it...

#25422 4 years ago

Thanks, yeah, I was really happy with how that GI beacon effect turned out.

Used in Self Destruct also BTW.

#25423 4 years ago

And BTW, I’d be remiss if I didn’t give a hat tip to bcd for his great platform lighting schemes that made that beacon effect pretty easy to implement. Cheers, Brian.

#25424 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

I have four of them from Franking1302, he bought them in a German store.
Yes, they are really high-end in very good quality and the work like really beacons with a sourrounding effect made by 4 LED.
These one also work in a slow motion effect that is much more related to the reality like the beacons used in the movie. They fit perfect to the beacons on the backbox.
As mentioned by Per it would be better to switch the beacon on or off with a relais, connected to the 12 volt power supply and using the signal from the beacons on the backbox.
Unfortunately my ALIEN is still out of order due to servicing and it will take a while untill it's back in action again.
[quoted image]

1:12 has 10 LED for make a real effect

4C5C2768-805D-42CB-92AA-CFD34C320B5D (resized).png4C5C2768-805D-42CB-92AA-CFD34C320B5D (resized).png
#25425 4 years ago

Amazing, of course that makes the cost more comprehensible - this is no cheap china crap and worth the money.

#25426 4 years ago
Quoted from Franking1302:

1:12 has 10 LED for make a real effect[quoted image]

I wonder if the 1:12th would look right? I don't think they would work on the upper, but on the lower ramp plastics maybe?

#25427 4 years ago

Swear I'm getting my Xeno Xenon's in the game this weekend or next...keep turning it on for fun on my bench, continually blinding me..my lazy meter has been high as of late...

#25428 4 years ago

Anyone wanna do a trade towards a new out of box TBL? Let’s work it out. Has to be picked up in Richmond VA though.

#25429 4 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:Anyone wanna do a trade towards a new out of box TBL? Let’s work it out. Has to be picked up in Richmond VA though.

Never

#25430 4 years ago

I would trade my Alien LE to a TBL + 20000 dol
(joke )

#25431 4 years ago

Meanwhile I developed a simpler version of the Xeno Flasher circuit: 2 comparators evaluate the tongue and direction signal of the Xeno Drive interface and enable a NE555 oscillator creating short pulses for the LEDs. The board is small enough to fit near the Xeno Drive connector under the playfield.
I sent the prototype to Franking1302 (because he has inspired me) and he did a great job adding LEDs at various places to his Alien:

Some other projects currently require my attention, but I will check if / how I can offer you this mod. Right now, I've attached my hand-drawn schematics for those of you who can do something with it.
DSC06494 (resized).JPGDSC06494 (resized).JPG
Studio_20190925_234416 (resized).jpgStudio_20190925_234416 (resized).jpg
Sorry for this pic, i can not delete it with my smartphone...

Schaltplan V2 (resized).jpgSchaltplan V2 (resized).jpg
#25432 4 years ago

In the meantime, I have developed a simpler version of the Xeno Flasher circuit: 2 comparators evaluate the tongue and direction signal from the Xeno Drive interface and enable a NE555 oscillator that generates short pulses for the LEDs. The board is small enough to fit near the Xeno Drive connector under the playfield.
I gave the prototype to Franking1302 (because he inspired me) and he did a great job adding LEDs to his alien at different places:

Some other projects require my attention, but I will check if / how I can offer you this mod. Right now I've attached my hand-drawn schematics for those of you who can help yourself.
DSC06494 (resized).JPGDSC06494 (resized).JPGStudio_20190925_234416 (resized).jpgStudio_20190925_234416 (resized).jpg

#25433 4 years ago

Hello Per,

this is a brillant modification.
I hope to get back to my ALIEN in the next weeks, but first I have to complete the T2 playfield.
Please let me know when you flasher-mod is ready for a short run.

regards
Averell

#25434 4 years ago
Quoted from Per_:

In the meantime, I have developed a simpler version of the Xeno Flasher circuit: 2 comparators evaluate the tongue and direction signal from the Xeno Drive interface and enable a NE555 oscillator that generates short pulses for the LEDs. The board is small enough to fit near the Xeno Drive connector under the playfield.
I gave the prototype to Franking1302 (because he inspired me) and he did a great job adding LEDs to his alien at different places:

Some other projects require my attention, but I will check if / how I can offer you this mod. Right now I've attached my hand-drawn schematics for those of you who can help yourself.
[quoted image][quoted image]

So simple but SO impressive how that looks. Just take my money now haha

#25435 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So simple but SO impressive how that looks. Just take my money now haha

Agreed! Let us know!

#25436 4 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

Anyone wanna do a trade towards a new out of box TBL? Let’s work it out. Has to be picked up in Richmond VA though.

I want TBL bad but Alien isn’t going anywhere!

#25437 4 years ago

Found this on the way to the bathroom at one of my local restaurants, I thought you guys would get a kick out of it lol
Coopers in Scranton.

F6EDF501-8119-424A-B55D-1BA15F1CA890 (resized).jpegF6EDF501-8119-424A-B55D-1BA15F1CA890 (resized).jpeg86FF1E68-67F5-4495-91B5-1B5D818681E2 (resized).jpeg86FF1E68-67F5-4495-91B5-1B5D818681E2 (resized).jpeg
#25438 4 years ago

That's a great topper

#25439 4 years ago

Wish someone would get this game back in production

#25440 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Wish someone would get this game back in production

Pinball brothers. Alien, but in standard body. Supposedly.

#25441 4 years ago

How are the playfields holding up on these machines?

#25442 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

How are the playfields holding up on these machines?

Mine is perfect. Seems to be a solid playfield not like the recent drama on the other threads.

#25443 4 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

Pinball brothers. Alien, but in standard body. Supposedly.

I had heard this on the grapevine but didn’t know if it had any truth to it, I would be interested in seeing how they would make it a standard body.

And if PBbros do come out of the woodwork first off the bat I’d like to see them make anyone who’s still out of pocket whole.

#25444 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I had heard this on the grapevine but didn’t know if it had any truth to it, I would be interested in seeing how they would make it a standard body.
And if PBbros do come out of the woodwork first off the bat I’d like to see them make anyone who’s still out of pocket whole.

Heard the same...standard wide body... regardless, your last statement rings true... wouldn't mind my $1500.00 back, and know of many that lost more than that...Is Deeproot doing something like this ( are they doing anything)?

#25445 4 years ago

Question for the group.
I noticed during gameplay today that first the right, and then the left green inserts on either side of the airlock were out in random ways during gameplay today.

This game is somewhat new to me and from what I noticed, those two inserts by the airlock, the green insert in front of the xeno head and the closest pop bumper appear to run on the same solid green light during the game and attract, while all of the other lights will cycle variable colors. In that game, the green insert by the xeno head and the close pop bumper were still green. I checked out the boards housing the lights, they looked unremarkable.
So, I rebooted the game. When it does initial cycle through all lights upon start-up, both green inserts on either side of airlock show brief strong light. Started a game and on that game only the right green insert next to the airlock that was unlit. Tried to play a game with glass off. Left green insert stayed on, couldn't do any move/shot to make right insert turn on. Turned off and on. Next game the opposite, i.e. right green insert next to airlock on, but the left was off??? Otherwise, gameplay itself did not appear to be affected.
Maybe I'm missing something gameplay related? Thoughts/insights?
Thanks!

#25446 4 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Question for the group.
I'm not terribly familiar with these boards yet, but I noticed during gameplay today that first the right, and then the left green inserts on either side of the airlock went out today. Any suggestions on troubleshooting/fixing this?
This game is somewhat new to me and from what I noticed, those two inserts by the airlock, the green insert in front of the xeno head and the closest pop bumper appear to run on the same solid green light during the game and attract, while all of the other lights will cycle variable colors. The green insert by the xeno head and the close pop bumper are still green. The boards housing the lights look unremarkable. Could it be that just those two LEDs went out? If so, I suppose I would need to take the entire board down in order to fix this if thats the case. Any thoughts/recs?
Update: rebooted game. When it does initial cycle through all lights upon start-up, both green inserts on either side of airlock show brief strong light. Started a game and now it's only the right green insert next to the airlock that is unlit. Tried to play a game with glass off. Left green insert stayed on, couldn't do any move/shot to make right insert turn on. Maybe I'm missing something gameplay related? Thoughts/insights?
Thanks!

Try looking through the "Weland Yutani" thread on saving 3 aliens, and the "Heighway support thread"... alot less to wade through there..

Sounds like a few possibilities from my understanding:

I/o Board hardware version?

I/O Firmware version?

USB cable integrity/quality

...maybe some other possible causes too.

#25447 4 years ago

Damn it what a shame this died on the vine. I really wish someone would pick it up and continue but I think its over. At least there are some out there and maybe I'll even get to own one at some point but what a shame.. Watching gameplay vids hurts me deep down inside where I'm soft like a women. I...I gotta go.

#25448 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Man, if this is true, I'd be in for sure, after they are built.

#25449 4 years ago

It's all nonsens, no more investors, no more copyright, no more ALIEN!

#25450 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

It's all nonsens, mo more investors, no more copyright, no more ALIEN!

.... but there are still machines for sale ... used and also NIB. Just a matter of money ... if you really really want an Alien you can grab one.
I also do not think that from the PinballBrothers a re-release will show up. Never throw good money behind bad money ...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

9,799 (OBO)
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 509 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/509?hl=pindoctor82 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.