zKszZMu.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2530 (resized).jpg
IMG_2529 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,026 posts in this topic. You are on page 508 of 601.
#25351 4 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

The ball should go straight to the left flipper !

Mhh ... not really good. Maybe loosen the unit and weld alittle around, play with the coilsettings. I played several Aliens and all bring the ball to the left flipperbat.
On 2 balls my Alien need some tries but get out both balls. Between the tries is always a 5 second break, I think this is programmed.

I tried to loosen the 4 screws that hold scoop and re position it. I must have tried this 10 times in ten different ways with no effect. I messed with the coil settings as well but was still was getting a ton of sdtm balls. Finally decided to try a piece of foam and it has been great ever since. Even when two balls are in the scoop they both pop out with no issues.

QSS

#25352 4 years ago

Still two panel-sets in delivery - who's missing his panels?
Please write me an email so I can send tracking code to check where the delivery is and to whom the last two tracking codes belong to.

#25353 4 years ago

Could not deal with the fugly Ramps on the left anymore, so I had the useless tabs removed and I powdered those as well as many other items on the playfield. I had already repowdered the outside trim to an alien skin green to replace the original green on my le
2A9DD2EE-0017-439A-B108-9CB1F79E89A1 (resized).jpeg2A9DD2EE-0017-439A-B108-9CB1F79E89A1 (resized).jpeg848B136C-B370-42CF-9501-B5CFDE92B239 (resized).jpeg848B136C-B370-42CF-9501-B5CFDE92B239 (resized).jpegA902DCB3-7E74-4D88-B197-D7C9F6533701 (resized).jpegA902DCB3-7E74-4D88-B197-D7C9F6533701 (resized).jpeg

#25354 4 years ago

Mmmh, I have the same idea with the ramps but on black chrome!

#25355 4 years ago

Pics suck, but the left ramps are a metallic gunmetal and the right ones are black with purple flake

#25356 4 years ago

Last weekend was rainy and I took the chance to add a Xeno Flasher to my machine:

Furtunately all necessary power lines and signals are available at the "Xeno Drive" connector where the Xeno stepper board and the tongue switch are attached to the I/O board #3. I just looped the signals over a small board and added an Arduino Nano to listen to the traffic. I attached a picture of the board (to be mounted on the back panel) and the prototype schematics. More information regarding the stepper driver and signals is available here: https://www.pololu.com/product/1182.

It is sufficient to check the tonge switch (high level when moving) and the "Dir" signal (low level when moving outside). If this condition is met, the LED output driver is repeatedly activated in a loop. The Dir signal alone would also work, but during power up it is low all the time...

Finally I mounted 3 bright white LEDs behind the left ramp, using a piece of foam jammed between the two plastics at this place. This was a quick solution, but it isn't too bad as the place offers good protection.

Although the effect runs rather short, I like it a lot and it really seems as something like that was originally planned.
I will now build a second, much simpler version based on an NE555 timer chip (instead of the Arduino). Stay tuned
DSC06379 (resized).JPGDSC06379 (resized).JPGXeno Flasher V1-Schematics (resized).pngXeno Flasher V1-Schematics (resized).pngDSC06383 (resized).JPGDSC06383 (resized).JPG

#25357 4 years ago

Keep us posted, would be interested in this.

#25358 4 years ago

Definitely interested as well

#25359 4 years ago

This is really an excellent modification!

#25360 4 years ago

Me as well

#25361 4 years ago

Great. Me too.

#25363 4 years ago

In for sure!

#25364 4 years ago

+ 1

Great !!

#25366 4 years ago

Great Job i want it to finish this amazing Pinball...

#25367 4 years ago

+1 Looks amazing

#25368 4 years ago

+1 for Per_. That’s sick!

#25369 4 years ago

Yup. I'd take one! Also wouldn't mind upgrading my proto head to actually work LOL. I'm sure there are many "how to" but where do I get the boards?

#25370 4 years ago
Quoted from Per_:

Last weekend was rainy and I took the chance to add a Xeno Flasher to my machine:

Furtunately all necessary power lines and signals are available at the "Xeno Drive" connector where the Xeno stepper board and the tongue switch are attached to the I/O board #3. I just looped the signals over a small board and added an Arduino Nano to listen to the traffic. I attached a picture of the board (to be mounted on the back panel) and the prototype schematics. More information regarding the stepper driver and signals is available here: https://www.pololu.com/product/1182.
It is sufficient to check the tonge switch (high level when moving) and the "Dir" signal (low level when moving outside). If this condition is met, the LED output driver is repeatedly activated in a loop. The Dir signal alone would also work, but during power up it is low all the time...
Finally I mounted 3 bright white LEDs behind the left ramp, using a piece of foam jammed between the two plastics at this place. This was a quick solution, but it isn't too bad as the place offers good protection.
Although the effect runs rather short, I like it a lot and it really seems as something like that was originally planned.
I will now build a second, much simpler version based on an NE555 timer chip (instead of the Arduino). Stay tuned
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very nice!!!!! I'm taking a bit of different approach with real xenon flashers that will mount to the corners of the backboard.....trigger is similar, but using a more simple relay type approach.

Going for a blinding effect...your's looks great, however!!!!....

#25371 4 years ago

Hi what can and should I do about this to stop it from getting worse?

Do I just need to reenter magnet, is that easy enough to do?

Should I be putting some mylar down?

20190913_192011 (resized).jpg20190913_192011 (resized).jpg
#25372 4 years ago

Original update is a piece of round mylar around the hole of the magnet.
There's also an option to install a kind of a round cliffy, but I'm not sure if it fits between the edges of the playfield and the magnet and if this cliffy will cause an interference in the function of the magnet?

#25373 4 years ago

Cliffy makes a carbon fiber magnet protector that works and looks good on Alien. I have it on mine and it doesn't interfere with the magnet operation. I don't see it on his website but you can probably email him and get one.

https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/cliffy-protectors/stern-magnet-post-protector-carbon-fiber-metrbion/

#25374 4 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Cliffy makes a carbon fiber magnet protector that works and looks good on Alien. I have it on mine and it doesn't interfere with the magnet operation. I don't see it on his website but you can probably email him and get one.
https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/cliffy-protectors/stern-magnet-post-protector-carbon-fiber-metrbion/

Same works well and it's darker so really blends in

#25375 4 years ago

I have a normal Cliffy on my game and it works great !
It was not sold for Alien ..... but magnetcore is a standart size !!

#25376 4 years ago

Great story...

So I got an Alien LE as I posted before after wanting one since it was announced. My dad found out how much it cost me and said that I was crazy and that no pinball machine is worth that. I took him to play it and honestly, he didn't say that he was wrong, but he was talking to his buddy on the phone the next day and I heard him talking about how amazing it was.

Later on I said 'So Alien pinball is pretty freaking awesome...' and he said 'Yes, yes it is.'.

#25377 4 years ago

Averell I installed the panels but getting these lines... thinking I may have done something wrong with the install?

IMG_3045 (resized).jpegIMG_3045 (resized).jpeg
#25378 4 years ago
Quoted from PinDoctor82:

Great story...
So I got an Alien LE as I posted before after wanting one since it was announced. My dad found out how much it cost me and said that I was crazy and that no pinball machine is worth that. I took him to play it and honestly, he didn't say that he was wrong, but he was talking to his buddy on the phone the next day and I heard him talking about how amazing it was.
Later on I said 'So Alien pinball is pretty freaking awesome...' and he said 'Yes, yes it is.'.

your Dad is correct.....

#25379 4 years ago

Hi adamross,

it's ok, the light will be deflected on the edges of the panels.
That effect is more present with the standard translite because it has other colors in that area, the limited edition is darker, but also here is a very small part where you can see the edges, too.
I think the only way to reduce that "problem" is to create the bottom part of the backbox in one piece?

Did you replace the LED-stripe in the other position as recommended?
Your Heighway logo is very dark indeed.

Unbenannt (resized).JPGUnbenannt (resized).JPG

At the end the effect should be like this.
As you can see at my translite, there are some small lines, too.
It is impossible to eliminate this regarding to the construction of the panels and the light effect.

DSCN6986 (resized).JPGDSCN6986 (resized).JPG

regards
Averell

#25380 4 years ago

:DCompletely off topic but a burner .....

I am looking forward for december 17th. This is my birthdya and my wife ordered this sneakres for me ...

https://sneakernews.com/tag/reebok-alien-stomper

reebok-alien-stomper-release-date-price-09 (resized).jpgreebok-alien-stomper-release-date-price-09 (resized).jpg
#25381 4 years ago

I finish my Playfield-beacons...

#25382 4 years ago

Those look awesome.

#25383 4 years ago

Brilliant work. Are they on all the time?

#25384 4 years ago

Awesomeness!! More info!
This with Zeno flashers would be incredible

#25385 4 years ago

Does anyone know where to get a PETG plastic set for Alien?

#25386 4 years ago

Excellent work!
These mini beacons will work only if the beacons on the backbox are active - perfect.

PET-G plastics are available from TomDK in Germany, but you have to hurry because they are limited and not that cheap!

#25387 4 years ago

I order here, perfekt lights 1:12, Averell says right, there only work with the topper-beacons, very easy to install.

https://www.pistenking.com/shop/product_info.php?info=p112_rundumkennleuchte-in-1-12.html

#25388 4 years ago

Hello guys,

I need two tracking numbers to be confirmed for a success shipment of the panels.
So can you please take a look who's got these numbers and tell me that the shipment is done?

• RM428012509DE
• RM428016412DE

#25389 4 years ago
Quoted from budroosker:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/get-away-from-her-you-bitch-alien-club-all-members-expendable#post-3812255
I like these because they are belt driven (absolutely silent, if I am sending you the correct link! )
ebay.com link » Emergency Light Rotator Warning Light Strobe Light For Factory Workshop Lte 1101
Yellow /12v DC)
I wouldn't say simple. Simpler if you go loose wire/magnet route. I drilled the metal like Libtech

Can anyone confirm these are the belt driven? I want to replace my gear driven as they are loud as all get out.

#25390 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Excellent work!
These mini beacons will work only if the beacons on the backbox are active - perfect.
PET-G plastics are available from TomDK in Germany, but you have to hurry because they are limited and not that cheap!

TomDK is all out of sets. So is Daniel, and not likely to be getting more he says. Are there any other sources?

#25391 4 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Can anyone confirm these are the belt driven? I want to replace my gear driven as they are loud as all get out.

Trade off is the belts perish in time.

#25392 4 years ago

Then they are out of stock. I got mine last week and I have waited for a while but I'm very happy to have them right now.

#25393 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Trade off is the belts perish in time.

In which case I have a bunch of the noisy gear ones on hand.

#25394 4 years ago

So I listed my alien f/s trade and I was checking everything and bam shit happens. I had a little red feedback in the back box display so I took s look and lightly with pressure the feedback went away. Then it cracked on the edge killing 10% of the image. I either take a bath on the game and sell it or find a replacement. Anyone know if it has to be the same M270HV02.1 screen impossible to find? Please help.

#25396 4 years ago

Ouch, actually feel bad for that one man.

#25397 4 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Ouch, actually feel bad for that one man.

Thanks certainly wasn’t my finest hour, And of course I was trying to get it dialed in to make sure it’s great for the other buyer LOL..I Offered to one of my potential buyers to reflect the price 500 bucks off but Just curious if you can just throw an alternate LED/LCD in it? Has anybody tried that?

#25398 4 years ago
Quoted from Franking1302:

I order here, perfekt lights 1:12, Averell says right, there only work with the topper-beacons, very easy to install.
https://www.pistenking.com/shop/product_info.php?info=p112_rundumkennleuchte-in-1-12.html

Could you please provide a bit more info on how to connect these to the backbox beacons?
About the selection possibilities on the webpage, is yours gelb/runde/röhr or what?

Thank you for any info!

#25399 4 years ago

Scale 1:12

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#25400 4 years ago
Quoted from megaladon:

Thanks certainly wasn’t my finest hour, And of course I was trying to get it dialed in to make sure it’s great for the other buyer LOL..I Offered to one of my potential buyers to reflect the price 500 bucks off but Just curious if you can just throw an alternate LED/LCD in it? Has anybody tried that?

So, there is no reason you couldn't. The trick would be to fit the new screen inside the existing mount. Given the cost of the game I am pretty sure I'd just stick with the oem and eat the cost. Upgrading to the later prod spec was about a grand tho not sure if your io boards are 1.4 or not which would add another 500 last i looked. This is assuming everything is available. Took me months to get everything so no idea on the current parts supply. In any case whoever gets your game is going to be dropping a lot of funds.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
9,999 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 30,026 posts in this topic. You are on page 508 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/508 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.