DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 507 of 601.
#25301 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Black is the best by far.

I do agree with you. That’s also the rarest since the color ones was more chosen and this one was closer to the SE. I just got back to it after a time off and told myself this is just a blast to play.. it might never leave my house as well whatever happen in the future.

#25302 4 years ago

I actually got later run LE's that have black trim and silver legs... obviously this colour scheme was never an official version... guess they just ran out of the Black legs towards the end.

- They were new in box machines and can confirm they are definitely LE's. Did anyone else get one like this towards the end?

#25303 4 years ago
Quoted from take2-take5:

I actually got later run LE's that have black trim and silver legs... obviously this colour scheme was never an official version... guess they just ran out of the Black legs towards the end.
- They were new in box machines and can confirm they are definitely LE's. Did anyone else get one like this towards the end?

That’s great. Do you have a picture?
It comes from FT spare for sure !

Same they started the first Aliens with FT cabs With a FT sticker.

#25304 4 years ago

They are LE's, they have the Numbered Plaque, serial number information on back, LE artwork, Black Frame,

But they have silver legs (look slightly different colour to FT in person) and don't have the LE sticker on the front?
20190829_224254 (resized).jpg20190829_224254 (resized).jpg20190829_224446 (resized).jpg20190829_224446 (resized).jpg20190829_225028 (resized).jpg20190829_225028 (resized).jpg20190829_225621 (resized).jpg20190829_225621 (resized).jpg

#25305 4 years ago
Quoted from take2-take5:

They are LE's, they have the Numbered Plaque, serial number information on back, LE artwork, Black Frame,
But they have silver legs (look slightly different colour to FT in person) and don't have the LE sticker on the front?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Does it have the same artwork on the side of the cabinet?

#25306 4 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

Does it have the same artwork on the side of the cabinet?

It has the Queen head LE artwork on the sides. That says Limited Edition.

#25307 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Black is the best by far. No other diff besides what has already been noted and already on mine.
I love the Alien cab and design. Stands out and is so special.

Powdercoated my SE right away and blacked out as much as possible And of course made all buttons green!

20190216_123509.jpg20190216_123509.jpg20190827_224501.jpg20190827_224501.jpg
#25308 4 years ago

looks nice. I need find a powder guy in Pittsburgh....

#25309 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Still waiting on mine

Me too!

#25310 4 years ago

Black with metal flake looks pretty good too. Love how mine turned out.

FA62C9F6-C453-488B-B902-65E0FA600C45 (resized).jpegFA62C9F6-C453-488B-B902-65E0FA600C45 (resized).jpeg
#25311 4 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Black with metal flake looks pretty good too. Love how mine turned out.[quoted image]

nice - how did you remove the plates around the start button? Can you just remove those screws from the outside or is there more to it?

#25312 4 years ago

Just thought I'd share this pic of the lever assembly for both flippers on Alien, after a fairly busy weekend show. I'm wondering what the origin of these parts might be

IMG_20190829_160527 (resized).jpgIMG_20190829_160527 (resized).jpg
#25313 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Mmmh,
the decal for the coindoor is ok, but the backbox plate isn't good!
I have also redisigned the coindoor decal, but in the original way as Limited Edition and only for these!
[quoted image]

Thanks for doing the coin door decal for LE owners...looks great!!!

Still waiting on my acrylics...no worries...been in lazy mode lately and just enjoying playing the thing.......

#25314 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

nice - how did you remove the plates around the start button? Can you just remove those screws from the outside or is there more to it?

No idea. @hemiorange09 Did the powder for me.

#25315 4 years ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

Got in my set in Arizona! I am hopefully upgrading to a LE soon so I wont be installing these on my standard until I know for sure what the final verdict ends up being. But they arrived intact and look amazing!

Any chance you have parties or have this playable somewhere? Would love to give it a shot!!

#25316 4 years ago
Quoted from take2-take5:

En fait, j’ai eu des courses plus tard avec des bordures noires et des jambes argentées ... évidemment, cette palette de couleurs n’a jamais été une version officielle ... suppose-t-on qu’elles ont épuisé leurs jambes noires à la fin.
- Ils étaient nouveaux dans les machines à cartons et peuvent confirmer qu'ils sont bien des LE. Quelqu'un d'autre en a-t-il reçu un comme celui-ci vers la fin?

do you have the EL Blade artwork inside cabinet illuminated ?

I know from a fairly reliable source that the very last LE was actually standard ironed in LE

anyway, apart from some visual elements, SE and LE are exactly the same flipper. but in the end it is the SE the rarest since there has been much more LE manufactured.

#25317 4 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

C'est génial. Avez-vous une image?
Cela vient de FT, c'est sûr!
De même, ils ont commencé les premiers extraterrestres avec des taxis de type FT avec un autocollant de type FT .

yes it was the preseries "often said prototype" that was like that. I had one.

#25318 4 years ago
Quoted from Mik-ReadingUK:

Je pensais que je partagerais cette image de l’assemblage du levier pour les deux nageoires sur Alien, après un spectacle assez chargé le week-end. Je me demande quelle pourrait être l'origine de ces pièces[quoted image]

I have already had this concern on customers alien. in fact they are made by HP, but it's inspired by bally / williams. installed bally williams kit without any problem it's exactly the same, it works very well.

#25319 4 years ago

Lever assy from STERN works also and the clamps are much better.

#25320 4 years ago

Andrew..if u reading this..you are a fuktard.. and should be completely ashamed of your work and despite of all of your efforts it is sure nice to see some alien pins out in the wild.. too bad this company was run but such a failure of a business person.. crazy you fooled so many good peeps for as long as you did!

#25321 4 years ago

This might be a dumb question but if i wanted to keep the chrome legs and buy a pair of these black, would they work on my alien or did Heighway use their own legs?

https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-black-legs-set-of-4.html

Would be nice to just have both sets to mix it up if I want.

#25322 4 years ago
Quoted from cyber-greg:

do you have the EL Blade artwork inside cabinet illuminated ?
I know from a fairly reliable source that the very last LE was actually standard ironed in LE
anyway, apart from some visual elements, SE and LE are exactly the same flipper. but in the end it is the SE the rarest since there has been much more LE manufactured.

Yeah they have the illuminated artwork inside and on the side blades. They also have the later labelled "Pinball Brother Boards"

I heard that physically Alien doesn't fit inside the Full Throttle cabinets and that the original prototype Alien's inside FT cabs actually had to have a hole in in the back cab for the Xeno mech to stick out of.

#25323 4 years ago

That's not true. the FT and Alien cabinets are the same. My Alien was in a FT cabinet, complete with FT serial number and all.

#25324 4 years ago

Standard legs will fit perfect.

#25325 4 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

That's not true. the FT and Alien cabinets are the same. My Alien was in a FT cabinet, complete with FT serial number and all.

Fair enough tbh then I think I'm talking about some of first if not the very first alien prototype made for further development. Just remember having this discussion with Helmut as his prototype Alien had some modification work done to the cabinet to work with alien.

#25326 4 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

I have a FT and an Alien. The corners on the glass magazine are different on the FT. The corners aren't cut at an angle.

#25327 4 years ago

Just thought I'd share this pic of the lever assembly for both flippers on Alien, after a fairly busy weekend show. I'm wondering what the origin of these parts might be [quoted image]

Overtightened perhaps?

#25328 4 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Overtightened perhaps?

Possibly, but if they were overtightened it was done in the factory. I suspect it's just a case of low quality metal...

#25329 4 years ago

Regarding delivery of the panels... I have two deliveries left open and one of it was deposited on August the 26th at a local store.
Who is still missing it's panels?
Someone must received a message to pick up his panels at a local store.

regards
Averell

#25330 4 years ago

For Averell's panel installation, what is everyone using as a light blocker for the inside of the speaker cutouts? All I have is black duct tape, does anybody have any better options?

Gabe

#25331 4 years ago

My airlock shoots nowadays many times the ball to the gap in the middle of the flippers and sometimes the ball drains. Anybody help me to fix this with some tips? Thanks for any info!

#25332 4 years ago

I use black tape with foam on it.

DSCN6977 (resized).JPGDSCN6977 (resized).JPG

#25333 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Regarding delivery of the panels... I have two deliveries left open and one of it was deposited on August the 26th at a local store.
Who is still missing it's panels?
Someone must received a message to pick up his panels at a local store.
regards
Averell

Just got mine today....a fun project for this weekend!!!! (I'll be using a foam surround as you showed to block unwanted light leaks)...will post when done....thanks!!!...mark

#25334 4 years ago

Received mine too thanks

#25335 4 years ago

Got mine a couple of days ago. Thanks.

QSS

#25336 4 years ago

Got mine today and installing now!

#25337 4 years ago

I love it when custom mods are made and they don't seem like a mod when your finished! It just looks like it should have been this way from the factory Thanks so much Averell for sharing your hard work with a few of us! Looks incredible with full lit art...

#25338 4 years ago

@Averell: I received my package, just won't be able to install it for awhile. Thank you very much for your work!

#25339 4 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

I love it when custom mods are made and they don't seem like a mod when your finished! It just looks like it should have been this way from the factory Thanks so much Averell for sharing your hard work with a few of us! Looks incredible with full lit art...

The best mods are the one's that genuinely look like they belonged in the game to start. This one definitely qualifies.....

#25340 4 years ago

Just replaced my chrome legs with black legs. Look great. Got them from Pinball life at a great price. Black matches well and looks better than Stern's offering.

Next up clear plastic replacement for full translite art!

20190905_195838 (resized).jpg20190905_195838 (resized).jpg20190905_195845 (resized).jpg20190905_195845 (resized).jpg20190905_195853 (resized).jpg20190905_195853 (resized).jpg
#25341 4 years ago

For a perfect view repaint all the screws black in front.
I did that and I replaced the screws in the backbox with black screws... the three ones in the beacons as well,
Man, that's the ultimate black edition... I just have to wait for black flipper buttons made of ALU, then it's perfect.

#25342 4 years ago

Still two sets in delivery... who's missing his panels???

#25343 4 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

My airlock shoots nowadays many times the ball to the gap in the middle of the flippers and sometimes the ball drains. Anybody help me to fix this with some tips? Thanks for any info!

Have you tried adjusting the airlock eject solonoid power setting? Mine was at the default but I had to increase to + 10% to deal with the situation where 2 balls would end up in there.
mike.

#25344 4 years ago

Have you tried adjusting the airlock eject solonoid power setting? Mine was at the default but I had to increase to + 10% to deal with the situation where 2 balls would end up in there.
mike.

Thanks for the suggestion - yes, I have raised the power a bit to deal with the two-ball syndrome - I guess it might be the reason, why the scoop now shoots the ball frequently to the middle of the flippers... I guess I should experiment with the power setting.

I read on the forum that someone had made holes larger with which the scoop is attached to the bottom of the playfield and this way he got some additional room for scoop orientation adjustments, but if I can avoid going to that direction, it would be good. I had to do it with my Houdini and it was a PITA.

#25345 4 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Thanks for the suggestion - yes, I have raised the power a bit to deal with the two-ball syndrome - I guess it might be the reason, why the scoop now shoots the ball frequently to the middle of the flippers... I guess I should experiment with the power setting.
I read on the forum that someone had made holes larger with which the scoop is attached to the bottom of the playfield and this way he got some additional room for scoop orientation adjustments, but if I can avoid going to that direction, it would be good. I had to do it with my Houdini and it was a PITA.

I had the same problem with my scoop shooting the ball straight down the middle. It drove me nuts as it was happening so often. I finally stuck a piece of drop dead foam on one side of the scoop, down inside the scoop. The ball now pops out randomly to various parts of the play field but it never goes sdtm.

Way more enjoyable now.

QSS

#25346 4 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

I had the same problem with my scoop shooting the ball straight down the middle. It drove me nuts as it was happening so often. I finally stuck a piece of drop dead foam on one side of the scoop, down inside the scoop. The ball now pops out randomly to various parts of the play field but it never goes sdtm.
Way more enjoyable now.
QSS

Thanks, I will try that as well!

#25347 4 years ago

The ball should go straight to the left flipper !

Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

............... The ball now pops out randomly to various parts of the play field but it never goes sdtm.
Way more enjoyable now.
QSS

Mhh ... not really good. Maybe loosen the unit and weld alittle around, play with the coilsettings. I played several Aliens and all bring the ball to the left flipperbat.
On 2 balls my Alien need some tries but get out both balls. Between the tries is always a 5 second break, I think this is programmed.

#25348 4 years ago

OK my alien has developed an issue. Had it all weekend at the Cleveland pinball show and occasionally it would blow the secondary high voltage 6.3 amp fuse.

It would work fine for hours and out of the blue blow that fuse. Replace the fuse and high voltage comes back, fuse does not blow right away. But it seems to be getting worse. Machine is off for the rest of the show just to be safe.

Any help would be appreciated.

#25349 4 years ago
Quoted from onedeath:

OK my alien has developed an issue. Had it all weekend at the Cleveland pinball show and occasionally it would blow the secondary high voltage 6.3 amp fuse.
It would work fine for hours and out of the blue blow that fuse. Replace the fuse and high voltage comes back, fuse does not blow right away. But it seems to be getting worse. Machine is off for the rest of the show just to be safe.
Any help would be appreciated.

Just throwing it out there but when mine did this the upper right flipper coil had gone bad...

#25350 4 years ago

take2-take5 Nice to see you own also the classic shooter, me too are you also aware of the upgrade kits FFL & Swarm?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,799 (OBO)
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 507 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/507?hl=munsters and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.