pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 506 of 601.
#25251 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

The idea was to reproduce the knocker assy, so I took the bracket from the shooter lane which is the same.
You can use these bracket as spare for the shooter lane or to rebuild the omitted knocker assy in the cabinet.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Is the idea here to supplement the software replay sound with an actual knocker? Is it in the code to do so? Where would you connect it?

#25252 4 years ago
Quoted from budroosker:

Is the idea here to supplement the software replay sound with an actual knocker? Is it in the code to do so? Where would you connect it?

My prototype alien has a knocker. It’s never gone off during the game but I can fire the coil and it works. I didn’t see an option where you can turn the knocker on.

#25253 4 years ago

I'm not in front of my game right now, but I believe Adjustments > Standard > Knocker Sound > OFF will allow the knocker coil to work during gameplay.

#25254 4 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

I'm not in front of my game right now, but I believe Adjustments > Standard > Knocker Sound > OFF will allow the knocker coil to work during gameplay.

Ah ok! Thanks!

#25255 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Yes I think you are right. U guys r going to think I’m a weirdo but my wife and I had a hard time conceiving so we hired a shaman . He came to the house and wanted me to get rid of all my pinball machines and said there was a vortex in the basement . He said there were also unwelcome people in the backyard . He did a ceremony and ever since then my wife and I don’t have nightmares anymore and we have a baby now . When I used to be in the basement I would feel like
Something was behind me and this cold wind would be on my neck . Made me shiver . Ever since his ceremony it went away

Some would say too much information. I say bring it!

#25256 4 years ago

I installed a new io board version 1.4b some time ago but I can’t update it to new version 0.9 if I try then the whole computer won’t boot and I have to reinstall software all over again . How do I update it ?

#25257 4 years ago

Knocker can be turned on in the menu and switched between hardware knocker or software emulation by sound.
In the cabinet you can see three marks on the left next of the Powerdriver.
The knocker is connected to plug P12 70 Volt High Power Output.
The Plug is a 16 Pin Molex MiniFit Jr.

Unbenanntöö (resized).JPGUnbenanntöö (resized).JPG

#25258 4 years ago

Quick update, everything on my Alien is working nearly 100%. I think switching that power cord actually was the problem, isnt that weird? Maybe this whole time the power cord I bought off Amazon wasn't giving the machine enough juice? The only problem I still has the VUK in the airlock. It can kick out 1 and 3 balls, but 2 it still fumbles. I will try to change the spring and on the vUk and see if that helps.. but so far launcher and trough all good!

#25259 4 years ago

Lol isn’t that how it goes. I just modded the backboard speaker panels and they look great. My freakin right shooter lane ramp cracked (have cliffy on left). I asked him why he didnt a right side. Either way I posted a want ad for an unobtanium right 4c ramp. If you have one or willing to make one for me please let me know. I have the early non hole version but would take either! Thanks

0010815E-01BF-4290-B829-B88D78049DD9 (resized).jpeg0010815E-01BF-4290-B829-B88D78049DD9 (resized).jpeg25B2F10F-593F-445E-8A34-FB5C0669AA37 (resized).jpeg25B2F10F-593F-445E-8A34-FB5C0669AA37 (resized).jpeg7E096DA3-4C5D-4D0B-95D6-2ABDC7F547A8 (resized).jpeg7E096DA3-4C5D-4D0B-95D6-2ABDC7F547A8 (resized).jpegA198514D-C4F8-4D3F-AAD3-086CA79078DD (resized).jpegA198514D-C4F8-4D3F-AAD3-086CA79078DD (resized).jpeg
#25260 4 years ago

Looks great!

#25261 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Looks great!

Thanks! It was Pain to get the speaker cutout right without glare coming through but I made it with 1.00 scrap piece of acrylic at a local shop, a grinder, 3.00 piece of metal gutter cover, and a jigsaw. Sure it ain’t perfect but turned out not too bad.

#25262 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Today I received the new Knocker Bracket from my local workshop.
They are perfect as the original Shooter Lane Brackets should have been.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
regards
Averell

These look pretty sweet! ... how many of these are you planning on having produced?

Been considering that it might be just as straightforward to have your guys make them (since the look very professional and clearly have great equipment) ... would order a bulk lot for the locals and split up the freight. We would go 6x between us.

Great work you are doing there!

#25263 4 years ago

Is there any chance these would also be able to be tweaked to solve the shooter lane coil, instead of using packing etc. ?

#25264 4 years ago

Got my speaker panel holders in. Looking forward to installing them.

#25265 4 years ago

Take a look one page before, I've uploaded the dimension sheets for the brackets, so you can go to your local laser cutting workshop to make them.
Here once again the dimension sheets.
You just have to cut a 4-40 UNC into the coil holder.

ALIEN_Knocker_Bracket.pdfALIEN_Knocker_Bracket.pdf

ALIEN_Knocker_Bracket_Holder.pdfALIEN_Knocker_Bracket_Holder.pdf

#25266 4 years ago

So far 6 sets have been successfully delivered, 11 are still on the road.
Next week all panels should have been delivered successfully.

#25267 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Take a look one page before, I've uploaded the dimension sheets for the brackets, so you can go to your local laser cutting workshop to make them.
Here once again the dimension sheets.
You just have to cut a 4-40 UNC into the coil holder.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Indeed, but my guy across the road has no laser cutter, he would send off to the big smoke for that, or probably just cut by hand in the end anyway.... but seems like you have one stop shop right there. Either way would be cost effective as the other. Just thought if you planned to make a few it would be just as straight forward to order a couple of yours and pay shipping. I already downloaded your .pdf from the page before. Just having these dimensions/drawings is great anyway, Thank you!

#25268 4 years ago

I was thinking of putting my sixth scale sigourney in the middle of the lights . What u guys think cheesy as a topper ?

FCCDE483-40C2-4F24-AAA7-A6517EA3629A (resized).jpegFCCDE483-40C2-4F24-AAA7-A6517EA3629A (resized).jpeg
#25269 4 years ago

Cheesey as fuk! Dont do it! She is just not meant to be part of that game man!! Amazing collection dude!! Glad u got your alien behaving. (just my opinion)

#25270 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

So I used Novus on the plastic piece, no go. But somehow, and I have no idea how, these two hazy circles showed up on my playfield! I tried waxing, nothing works. Any suggestions, you guys were right should have just left those stupid small scratches alone[quoted image]

This is in the coat ! I have the same on an other area !! Nothing to do woth "bad balls", wrong cleaning or so ... it is an issue in the coat !
Too bad we have no one responsible to contact We have to live with it. I have an other playfield bought as an "decoration only" witch has other issues but the coat is okay.

#25271 4 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

This is in the coat ! I have the same on an other area !! Nothing to do woth "bad balls", wrong cleaning or so ... it is an issue in the coat !
Too bad we have no one responsible to contact We have to live with it. I have an other playfield bought as an "decoration only" witch has other issues but the coat is okay.

Those areas on my machine are gone, (I used some 3m ultra fine polish) but I do have some micro scratches , my play field plastic display also has scratches. I dont think there is anything i could have done to prevent it (other than play field protector), and it doesn't bother me anymore. I play the game several times everyday, and I think its going to get scratches at times no matter what I do.

#25272 4 years ago

It is a pinball machine, is a pinball machine is a pinball machine ...

I have ordered a spare plastic for the playfield and even a spare playfield "for later". I also just play my pin.
But I could not polish this area in my cc out. But does not matter.
I do not use a playfieldprotector on Alien ...

#25273 4 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

It is a pinball machine, is a pinball machine is a pinball machine ...
I have ordered a spare plastic for the playfield and even a spare playfield "for later". I also just play my pin.
But I could not polish this area in my cc out. But does not matter.
I do not use a playfieldprotector on Alien ...

I have a feeling eventually all Alien owners are going to witness problems with their play fields. Whether its swirls, haziness, scratches etc. Mirco said to me "alien play-field is a bad design". Take it for whatever it means.
I did the same thing, I bought a plastic display cover for future and another playfield. I will wait 10 years depending on condition then do a playfield swap. If Im still alive in 10 years. My haunted Alien may kill me before then.

#25274 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I have a feeling eventually all Alien owners are going to witness problems with their play fields. Whether its swirls, haziness, scratches etc. Mirco said to me "alien play-field is a bad design". Take it for whatever it means.
I did the same thing, I bought a plastic display cover for future and another playfield. I will wait 10 years depending on condition then do a playfield swap. If Im still alive in 10 years. My haunted Alien may kill me before then.

A bad design?

#25275 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Does anyone know where to get replacement playfield screen plastic covers? I saw where freeplay shows them but never in stock...Would like to have one for later.

#25276 4 years ago

just got back from the UK Pinfest. here is the live stream I did from the VIP evening. passable quality once it gets going.

#25277 4 years ago
Quoted from megaladon:

Thanks! It was Pain to get the speaker cutout right without glare coming through but I made it with 1.00 scrap piece of acrylic at a local shop, a grinder, 3.00 piece of metal gutter cover, and a jigsaw. Sure it ain’t perfect but turned out not too bad.

You did a great job on that!

#25278 4 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

just got back from the UK Pinfest. here is the live stream I did from the VIP evening. passable quality once it gets going.

Looked like a good time! How did your alien hold up?! Sure had a lot of people looking at it!!

#25279 4 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Looked like a good time! How did your alien hold up?! Sure had a lot of people looking at it!!

Wasn't my Alien. Turned up at the show and the amp had broke. Both flipper pawls exploded during the weekend, this is whats being fixed in the video. A really nice game bu the flippes are too dark on this one (black bats & rubbers on a black background)

#25280 4 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

Wasn't my Alien. Turned up at the show and the amp had broke. Both flipper pawls exploded during the weekend, this is whats being fixed in the video. A really nice game bu the flippes are too dark on this one (black bats & rubbers on a black background)

Man playing this game is so much fun, but it seems like each plunge is a lottery shoot of "will this next game break my pin".

#25281 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Man playing this game is so much fun, but it seems like each plunge is a lottery shoot of "will this next game break my pin".

I must admit to walking past it quite a few times over the weekend, but I'm not that unhappy with it's performance. We did have both lower flippers break by the end of Sunday so I suspect they have used the cheapest possible pawls they could find. At one point it lost contact with I/O board #1 (includes the airlock kickout so balls piled up in there of course), but a reboot cured that. I also saw one mid-game reset but I don't think it happened again.

Having just put a metal gear cog in the xeno mech, I can report reliable operation of that particular device over a few hundred games...

#25282 4 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Guys...I have already taken this piece off and scanned it. I just have to get the time to go sit down with my production guy and try to get it squeezed into their busy schedule. Hang tight and I’ll get it for us. Mark, as you know , I’ve had it for a bit, just finding the time is killing me...lol

Please give some feedback on the backpanels !

#25283 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Thats why I have spent hours fixing and fine tuning my pin. Feels flawless now. But yes I know what you mean!
I mean my crappy Amazon power cord caught on fire! haha!

#25284 4 years ago

Thanks @menzelmods for a simple add on. Technically for Jurassic Park but thought they’d look good on alien. Thoughts? It’s the distressed caution ones.

1F8F1D81-C74D-4DE0-911A-88AA843BEFE0 (resized).jpeg1F8F1D81-C74D-4DE0-911A-88AA843BEFE0 (resized).jpeg293C5E9B-0776-4A1F-995B-1F435B3152A2 (resized).jpeg293C5E9B-0776-4A1F-995B-1F435B3152A2 (resized).jpeg5BC56745-EAC6-4FD2-BCC3-095B9F0064DA (resized).jpeg5BC56745-EAC6-4FD2-BCC3-095B9F0064DA (resized).jpeg7B9A93EA-6094-4ECA-8E1A-4EB3C485338E (resized).jpeg7B9A93EA-6094-4ECA-8E1A-4EB3C485338E (resized).jpeg
#25285 4 years ago

Looks like it was meant to be!

#25286 4 years ago

Did most of you guys change your plastics to PETG? Some of mine are starting to fall apart especially near the flippers. Its crazy, its like the drawings/coloring is just coming off .. hilarious.

#25287 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Did most of you guys change your plastics to PETG? Some of mine are starting to fall apart especially near the flippers. Its crazy, its like the drawings/coloring is just coming off .. hilarious.

Mine are very prone to cracking and unfortunately my proto ramp did break. When/if a new plastic set is available, I'm in!

#25288 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

If not, do it when you can get a set (they seem to come up for sale every now and then when people choose to run them). Acrylics break like crazy.....

side note - it is a MAJOR pita to change them all, but worth the time

#25289 4 years ago

Again an update of the dimension sheet for the coil holder.
The holes must have a diameter of 2.3 mm to cut the thread of 4-40 UNC.

ALIEN_bracket-2.pdfALIEN_bracket-2.pdf
#25290 4 years ago

Based on the talents provided by @mr_tantrum, we've created these custom coin door decals along with a LE replica plate for Alien. I cannot stress enough that this is for fun only and not trying to mislead anyone regarding LE vs SE. Considering I was able to already purchase the Alien LE art and have all the features of the LE, I thought why not try to replicate the #XXX out of 500 b/c I really wanted 426! He literally scanned the LE art from my machine to get that Alien on it. Guy is talented. For now I have it temp attached. No drilling.

See below. Coin door is my personal fav. Looks really good. I believe he is willing to make more if anyone is interested. PM him directly.
20190829_133107 (resized).jpg20190829_133107 (resized).jpg20190829_133128 (resized).jpg20190829_133128 (resized).jpg20190829_133139 (resized).jpg20190829_133139 (resized).jpg
20190829_134645 (resized).jpg20190829_134645 (resized).jpg

#25291 4 years ago

Mmmh,

the decal for the coindoor is ok, but the backbox plate isn't good!
I have also redisigned the coindoor decal, but in the original way as Limited Edition and only for these!

DSCN6995 (resized).JPGDSCN6995 (resized).JPG

#25292 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Based on the talents provided by mr_tantrum, we've created these custom coin door decals along with a LE replica plate for Alien. I cannot stress enough that this is for fun only and not trying to mislead anyone regarding LE vs SE. Considering I was able to already purchase the Alien LE art and have all the features of the LE, I thought why not try to replicate the #XXX out of 500 b/c I really wanted 426! He literally scanned the LE art from my machine to get that Alien on it. Guy is talented. For now I have it temp attached. No drilling.
See below. Coin door is my personal fav. Looks really good. I believe he is willing to make more if anyone is interested. PM him directly.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

You miss the black legs and seems that there is no spare for now. I understand your love for the Alien a little bit less your LE mania but you have a great pin there for sure.

#25293 4 years ago

By the way, have you received the speaker panels?
There're still seven parcels in delivery.

The note to the legs is right, they have to be black as everything of the Black ALIEN must be.
I'm still not finished with the cabinet because of missing parts but I have removed every screw and changed them into black, including the ones in the beacons on top.

DSCN7000 (resized).JPGDSCN7000 (resized).JPG

#25294 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

The note to the legs is right, they have to be black as everything of the Black ALIEN must be.
I'm still not finished with the cabinet because of missing parts but I have removed every screw and changed them into black, including the ones in the beacons on top.
[quoted image]

Got in my set in Arizona! I am hopefully upgrading to a LE soon so I wont be installing these on my standard until I know for sure what the final verdict ends up being. But they arrived intact and look amazing!

#25295 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

[quoted image]

Still waiting on mine

#25296 4 years ago

Btw didn't know that the legs were black on the LE. That would look nice. I always thought the coloring looked bad. I might powder mine black!

I'm just having fun btw. Love this game.

#25298 4 years ago

There are four different ALIEN out there.

• SE with standard legs
• LE with black legs
• LE with blue legs
• LE with green legs

If the information is reliable, the black LE is the rarest and the most coherence to the ALien theme at all.

#25299 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Btw didn't know that the legs were black on the LE. That would look nice. I always thought the coloring looked bad. I might powder mine black!
I'm just having fun btw. Love this game.

Not sure if there are other differences...

1FD30B8A-323E-42FA-8172-3FDB2CF5BD43 (resized).jpeg1FD30B8A-323E-42FA-8172-3FDB2CF5BD43 (resized).jpeg
#25300 4 years ago

Black is the best by far. No other diff besides what has already been noted and already on mine.

I love the Alien cab and design. Stands out and is so special.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,799 (OBO)
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 506 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/506?hl=pindoctor82 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.