pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 505 of 601.
#25201 4 years ago

I know one guy who used to got 115 games. He sold everything, moved really far away, quit everything related to the hobby...
After discussing with him to try to understand why he did that, my feeling was he spent too much times on it...
We need a balance with the time with family, wife and... our hobby before it eats us. No need to own all the games either to be happy.

#25202 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Hoping I'm inspired enough by this to finally install my xenon flasher in the machine and get it off my bench. Triggers from Xeno tongue, and should look badass.
I won't sell them, but will provide a parts list for those that want to build their own. The only real effect that I believe is missing on the game....

Would love for you to iron this our and post a list of parts!

I was playing the other day and was thinking this would be awesome!

Cheers!

#25203 4 years ago
Quoted from Mik-ReadingUK:

I'm taking my Alien to a show next week and, after spending several hours replacing umpteen failed LEDs, I was hoping to get the xeno going (it's never worked properly) but so far the only solution for the gear slipping issue that I've found involves glueing the gear onto the shaft. I haven't been able to make that work... Has anyone got a different solution?

Assuming you have a later production game with the larger black/square digikey motor.

Requires pulling the Xeno head off the playfield and mostly disassembling.. then install this..

https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=CSEC6506&P=FR&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6riJuLqJ5AIVhyaGCh3PLwgQEAQYASABEgJFBfD_BwE

it's a Pinion gear with the specs of 5mm bore (shaft), 32P (pitch), 28T (teeth).

#25204 4 years ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

Any ideas on why the balls keep launching in play? Like all 6?

Mine is doing same thing now !

#25205 4 years ago

Hey guys my launcher was doing great.. lasted a couple weeks, now doing the same old crap again, sometime two balls get into the launcher. Does that mean its magnetized. Take a paperclip to each ball and find out? At least I get a couple good weeks in there before unreliability sets in again.

#25206 4 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Assuming you have a later production game with the larger black/square digikey motor.
Requires pulling the Xeno head off the playfield and mostly disassembling.. then install this..
https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=CSEC6506&P=FR&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6riJuLqJ5AIVhyaGCh3PLwgQEAQYASABEgJFBfD_BwE
it's a Pinion gear with the specs of 5mm bore (shaft), 32P (pitch), 28T (teeth).

Thanks, I'll take a look and try to order it.

#25207 4 years ago

Here's the second improved bracket for the knocker assembly.
The holder is also made in stainless steel of 2 mm thickness and as wide and height as the knocker bracket itself.
The holes are drilled 2 mm so that the suitable thread can be cut by yourself.

ALIEN-Knocker Assy - Bracket 2.pdfALIEN-Knocker Assy - Bracket 2.pdf

#25208 4 years ago

New information regarding shipment of the speaker panels.
All parcels have reached the united staates on saturday at 13:27 PM.
So, today they will be delivered to the local distribution centers.

regards
Averell

#25209 4 years ago

Thanks, I'll take a look and try to order it.

I've ordered one of these which looks to the same, but in the UK...
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B076KJY67B

By the way, does anyone know what the purpose of the microswitch on the stepper motor driver board is? It seems to be permanantly on due to being wedged against the back panel.

#25210 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

regards
Averell

But what about Canada man?

QSS

#25211 4 years ago

I've ordered one of these which looks to the same, but in the UK...
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B076KJY67B
By the way, does anyone know what the purpose of the microswitch on the stepper motor driver board is? It seems to be permanantly on due to being wedged against the back panel.

I have wondered about this myself... thought it seems possible the board may have originally been intended to mount under the xeno head, local to tounge rack. ? ...

#25212 4 years ago

Canada is included, same first location in Chicago, then delivery to somewhere in Ontario.

#25213 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

So I used Novus on the plastic piece, no go. But somehow, and I have no idea how, these two hazy circles showed up on my playfield! I tried waxing, nothing works. Any suggestions, you guys were right should have just left those stupid small scratches alone[quoted image]

Those spots are gone w/ 3M ultrafine polish. I just need a tiny 1" ro buffer and get rid of some tiny microscratches and I will be all set. I really think these spots and original scratches are from using Novus 2. I am never going to use that product again. Too abrasive. Some others on pinside have had same experience.
Maybe Alien playfield has a special coating. Mirco told me its "self healing".
IMG_2514 (resized).jpegIMG_2514 (resized).jpeg

#25214 4 years ago

I've heard it's ceramic based clear coated and very strong against wear and tear.

#25215 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

I've heard it's ceramic based clear coated and very strong against wear and tear.

yes that is what he said. I just need to use a little buffer on those swirl marks and I think I will be back to as good as new. As far as the plastic in playfield display screen, that is full of scratches. i may get a removable plastic laminate sheet to cover it, maybe it will hide some of the marks. I do have a replacement, but Im sure that will be full of scratches in no time.

#25216 4 years ago

Me too, I have a very strong but thin kind of Mylar (picture on the right) and I have to apply the Mylar wet so it doesn't buckle.
With this I save the plastic on the screen and the edges to the playfield.

DSCN6993 (resized).JPGDSCN6993 (resized).JPG

#25217 4 years ago

Owning an alien can be a real pain the rear . I got all the way to the last mode in alien with hyperlseep multiball going on and of course something had to go wrong ! Almost all the balls got stuck in the airlock. Game
Done had to reset the machine . My trough also kicks 3-4x sometimes until it gets the ball in the launcher. I guess these are just the quirks of owning this machine

#25218 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Owning an alien can be a real pain the rear . I got all the way to the last mode in alien with hyperlseep multiball going on and of course something had to go wrong ! Almost all the balls got stuck in the airlock. Game
Done had to reset the machine . My trough also kicks 3-4x sometimes until it gets the ball in the launcher. I guess these are just the quirks of owning this machine

I hate to say this to someone having issues but I've owned my alien now for months and not 1 issue so I think it's dependent on your game.

#25219 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I hate to say this to someone having issues but I've owned my alien now for months and not 1 issue so I think it's dependent on your game.

Yeah I figured

#25220 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Maybe the ball stuck in the airlock come from the software already resetting and not the other way around. Did you check the extra ball win? Try to deactivate the win to start.

Strange behavior could come from bad installation, plug, IO... but seems like your Alien have more issues than the other one around

#25221 4 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

Maybe the ball stuck in the airlock come from the software already resetting and not the other way around. Did you check the extra ball win? Try to deactivate the win to start.
Strange behavior could come from bad installation, plug, IO... but seems like your Alien have more issues than the other one around

You know I think it may actually be more simple then that perhaps my game
Isn’t leveled right ? Maybe I need to increase the angle ? Maybe balls not sitting in trough launch and airlock appropriately

#25222 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I got all the way to the last mode in alien with hyperlseep multiball going on and of course something had to go wrong ! Almost all the balls got stuck in the airlock.

If you manage to send several balls into the Airlock before it kicks them out, this is possible. Shouldn't need to reset the game completely for this, though... a telescoping magnet should be able to pull them out. Where to put them afterwards is a bit of a hassle, but you could try one in the Airlock, one in the launcher lane, one in the Vent 1 saucer, and I guess throw any others in the trough. (All this because of the high power interlock that prevents you from just putting them all on a raised flipper... though perhaps you can do that if there's a nearby friend to help. The glass cartridge is a serious PITA in this situation though.)

Quoted from Oneangrymo:

My trough also kicks 3-4x sometimes until it gets the ball in the launcher

Can you tell if the ball doesn't half enough oomph to reach the launcher lane, or if it has so much oomph that it's hitting the side wall and bouncing back into the trough? In the former case, try nudging up the power of the trough eject coil by one notch (5%); in the latter case, nudge the power down one notch.

And yes, game level and slope can affect these sorts of things too. 6.5 degrees of slope and level side-to-side is ideal.

#25223 4 years ago

Got my leds in. Now I just need to know what kind of plugs this game uses? The small little molex ones?

#25224 4 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

If you manage to send several balls into the Airlock before it kicks them out, this is possible. Shouldn't need to reset the game completely for this, though... a telescoping magnet should be able to pull them out. Where to put them afterwards is a bit of a hassle, but you could try one in the Airlock, one in the launcher lane, one in the Vent 1 saucer, and I guess throw any others in the trough. (All this because of the high power interlock that prevents you from just putting them all on a raised flipper... though perhaps you can do that if there's a nearby friend to help. The glass cartridge is a serious PITA in this situation though.)

Can you tell if the ball doesn't half enough oomph to reach the launcher lane, or if it has so much oomph that it's hitting the side wall and bouncing back into the trough? In the former case, try nudging up the power of the trough eject coil by one notch (5%); in the latter case, nudge the power down one notch.
And yes, game level and slope can affect these sorts of things too. 6.5 degrees of slope and level side-to-side is ideal.

Thanks for the advice, so far things are ok since I put the rear legs up for more angle. The launcher is more smooth, only had one hiccup so far, the airlock had to fire two times before getting two balls out, but Ill take that over getting stuck

#25225 4 years ago

Kickers like the Airlock do make themselves stronger automatically if the first couple kickout attempts fail.

#25226 4 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Kickers like the Airlock do make themselves stronger automatically if the first couple kickout attempts fail.

Spoke too soon. Argh two balls stuck in airlock again. Oh well, I give up. Ill just deal with it I guess. I already had set it stronger kickoout, but it keeps fumbling and just can't get the balls out. Eventually the game just gives up, and when it goes into ball search mode, it does manage to get one ball out, but the other one remains like the machine totally forgot about it. But if I turn off and on the machine, it can easily kick them out. Does that mean its a software problem?

#25227 4 years ago

Maybe I have the older air scoop? Does someone have a picture of what the newer one looks like, I guess there is some plastic block in there?
Maybe I can make one and put it in there with some adhesive

#25228 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

You are having a pretty bad run aren't you. There is a ball serve update to make the balls come out reliably, I think it was in one of the other threads... involves a small post and trimming the lane protector plate. Another helpful fix was to put the fuzzy side of vecro on shooter lane wall to prevent balls bouncing back into ball serve.

Seems local games here haven't been having anywhere near the degree of issues you're describing. Maybe it's just that we recieved all late run SE games in our container, or perhaps blind luck... who knows.

I hope it all comes good for you there!

#25229 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

You are having a pretty bad run aren't you. There is a ball serve update to make the balls come out reliably, I think it was in one of the other threads... involves a small post and trimming the lane protector plate. Another helpful fix was to put the fuzzy side of vecro on shooter lane wall to prevent balls bouncing back into ball serve.
Seems local games here haven't been having anywhere near the degree of issues you're describing. Maybe it's just that we recieved all late run SE games in our container, or perhaps blind luck... who knows.
I hope it all comes good for you there!

Not too many more problems. I had an se before this le is far better quality I’m just down to two issues air scoop and 98% launcher is fine it’s that 2% that bothers me . I want my machine to be worthy of an arcade and on and being used all day long without any errors

#25230 4 years ago

I found this photo is the nylon block u guys are referring to the photo on the right because that is what my scoop looks like

E4C1728B-C453-413E-A123-FC3E34308220 (resized).jpegE4C1728B-C453-413E-A123-FC3E34308220 (resized).jpeg
#25231 4 years ago

Is this the production date ? You know I wonder if my airlock issues are because I replaced the io board and it’s version 0.8 . I can’t get it to 0.9 because it locks up then have to do a total reinstall
D3F4019C-DBA9-436A-B560-6D6A4E537E7E (resized).jpegD3F4019C-DBA9-436A-B560-6D6A4E537E7E (resized).jpeg

#25232 4 years ago

Ok guys.. Im really sad now. I just leveled the Alien and played like 20 games. All excellent. No more scoop issues no more launch issues. During game play.. dark. It just lost power. Now it wont even turn on. It looks like it wants to, but the airlock LCD panel flashes just a bit then dark.

WHAT TO DO!?

#25233 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Ok guys.. Im really sad now. I just leveled the Alien and played like 20 games. All excellent. No more scoop issues no more launch issues. During game play.. dark. It just lost power. Now it wont even turn on. It looks like it wants to, but the airlock LCD panel flashes just a bit then dark.
WHAT TO DO!?

I would start at the physical layer. Lift the hood and ensure every connection is snug and fully seated. Check every connection.

#25234 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

WHAT TO DO!?

Man, you seriously have a jinxed Alien, don'tcha?

You might check the fuses. It's been quite awhile since I've had to lift the playfield on mine, but if I remember correctly, every fuse has an indicator LED, so if any of those are not illuminated, start with that. If those are all OK, then @Roostking's suggestion is solid. Either way, if you're swapping fuses or tightening connections, make sure you do it with the power off. (If you're not sure if the power's off, pull the cord out to be sure.)

#25235 4 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Man, you seriously have a jinxed Alien, don'tcha?
You might check the fuses. It's been quite awhile since I've had to lift the playfield on mine, but if I remember correctly, every fuse has an indicator LED, so if any of those are not illuminated, start with that. If those are all OK, then Roostking's suggestion is solid. Either way, if you're swapping fuses or tightening connections, make sure you do it with the power off. (If you're not sure if the power's off, pull the cord out to be sure.)

Could the whole machine just not turn on if there is a problem with that g1 led all the way in the back left corner ? That one used to flicker but it’s been fine for weeks . Guess I’ll call my pinball tech again . Hey at least the scoop and launcher where working 100% even with 3 balls in the scoop ! Was just leveling !

#25236 4 years ago

Ok I just turned it on to see if the fuses lit up the actual wire going into the outlet started burning and smoking and literally almost caught on fire at the end going into the outlet ! What the hell does that mean !
I hope this did not damage my machine if it was just a crappy wire
10C8C808-6D12-4F2D-8D21-4D70C74870E4 (resized).jpeg10C8C808-6D12-4F2D-8D21-4D70C74870E4 (resized).jpeg

#25237 4 years ago

Alien back online faulty power cord ! Can u believe that ! Just FYI my reflection in the Alien black glass is not an accurate representation of what I actually look like. In fact, in this photo I would say I resemble McLovin from Superbad. Not too shabby!
EDDFE508-1F24-478D-98B0-54950DA2BC25 (resized).jpegEDDFE508-1F24-478D-98B0-54950DA2BC25 (resized).jpeg

#25238 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Ok I just turned it on to see if the fuses lit up the actual wire going into the outlet started burning and smoking and literally almost caught on fire at the end going into the outlet ! What the hell does that mean !
I hope this did not damage my machine if it was just a crappy wire
[quoted image]

This is the same alien that fell on top of you right? I think it's possessed and wants to harm you. Forget pinside... You might want to find a priest to perform an exorcist!

#25239 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

This is the same alien that fell on top of you right? I think it's possessed and wants to harm you. Forget pinside... You might want to find a priest to perform an exorcist!

Yes I think you are right. U guys r going to think I’m a weirdo but my wife and I had a hard time conceiving so we hired a shaman . He came to the house and wanted me to get rid of all my pinball machines and said there was a vortex in the basement . He said there were also unwelcome people in the backyard . He did a ceremony and ever since then my wife and I don’t have nightmares anymore and we have a baby now . When I used to be in the basement I would feel like
Something was behind me and this cold wind would be on my neck . Made me shiver . Ever since his ceremony it went away

#25240 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Yes I think you are right. U guys r going to think I’m a weirdo but my wife and I had a hard time conceiving so we hired a shaman . He came to the house and wanted me to get rid of all my pinball machines and said there was a vortex in the basement . He said there were also unwelcome people in the backyard . He did a ceremony and ever since then my wife and I don’t have nightmares anymore and we have a baby now . When I used to be in the basement I would feel like
Something was behind me and this cold wind would be on my neck . Made me shiver . Ever since his ceremony it went away

That is the most elaborate way for a wife to try and get rid of pinball machines I've heard of yet..

#25241 4 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

That is the most elaborate way for a wife to try and get rid of pinball machines I've heard of yet..

The first one he said should go is my TWD LE. He took one look at it, closed his eyes and made some prayer and said this needs to go asap. Well its still in my basement, and I finally got that well walker switch fixed. Until I complete CDC mode, its not going anywhere for now

#25242 4 years ago

Today I received the new Knocker Bracket from my local workshop.
They are perfect as the original Shooter Lane Brackets should have been.

DSCN6997 (resized).JPGDSCN6997 (resized).JPG

DSCN6998 (resized).JPGDSCN6998 (resized).JPG

regards
Averell

#25243 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Today I received the new Knocker Bracket from my local workshop.
They are perfect as the original Shooter Lane Brackets should have been.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
regards
Averell

So what are these for? A knocker install or the shooter lane? Where do these go?

#25244 4 years ago

The idea was to reproduce the knocker assy, so I took the bracket from the shooter lane which is the same.
You can use these bracket as spare for the shooter lane or to rebuild the omitted knocker assy in the cabinet.

DSCN6990 (resized).JPGDSCN6990 (resized).JPG

Beispiel (resized).jpgBeispiel (resized).jpg

#25245 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Great stuff!!!...Been chuckling all day w this one...

#25246 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Great stuff!!!...Been chuckling all day w this one...

Umm .. I’m being serious

#25247 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Umm .. I’m being serious

Eek... sorry man...glad it worked for you...

#25248 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

#9 showed up today!

#25249 4 years ago
Quoted from gabegabegabe:

#9 showed up today!

Awesome!! What shipping company did it come thru? I can't wait

#25250 4 years ago

Is there an option to turn on the knocker? Every time I match it just plays the sound rather than the knocker.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,799 (OBO)
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 505 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/505?hl=lamprey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.