DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 503 of 601.
#25101 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Hello Guys,
the first shipment to the States leaves tomorrow.
Of course, all parcels are insured and tracked by an extra service.
1 x Alberta (Canada)
1 x Arizona
2 x California
1 x Indiana
1 x Michigan
1 x Missouri
1 x Pennsylvania
1 x Virgina
regards
Averell

Wait....No North Carolina??

#25102 4 years ago

Any ideas on why the balls keep launching in play? Like all 6?

#25103 4 years ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

Any ideas on why the balls keep launching in play? Like all 6?

Launcher switch getting stuck ?

#25104 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Hello Guys,
the first shipment to the States leaves tomorrow.
1 x Alberta (Canada)
1 x Arizona
2 x California
1 x Indiana
1 x Michigan
1 x Missouri
1 x Pennsylvania
1 x Virgina
regards
Averell

F#ck yeah..... Alberta, Canada!!!!!

QSS

#25105 4 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

F#ck yeah..... Alberta, Canada!!!!!
QSS

Now say sorry!

#25106 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Now say sorry!

No way!!!

Alberta, Canada....... f#ckin eh!!

QSS

#25107 4 years ago

North Carolina and all the rest will follow tomorrow, first I need more packing material.
Don't worry...

#25108 4 years ago

First of my many mods done. Still have to refine it a bit and find a tie in so that they will only activate in certain modes. I can control the speed and flash mode as well. As soon as I get the details nailed down, I may make more. Have lots more immersive mods planned. I think this adds much more depth to the pin, especially ambush!!

#25109 4 years ago

Really cool modification, do you plan a kit to sell it?

#25110 4 years ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

It's not working. Plugged in a USB hub to the pc with mouse and keyboard and USB with the iso attached and it still comes up with login. Tried USB directly and still requests login. USB is 2.0.

Quoted from Nethawk86:

It's not working. Plugged in a USB hub to the pc with mouse and keyboard and USB with the iso attached and it still comes up with login. Tried USB directly and still requests login. USB is 2.0.

I found the timing of the usb plugging In was key in my reinstall. You have to take it out for a second and then put it back in when it’s booting. It doesn’t recognize the usb until you do that. Good luck. I’m running the original computer on my prototype machine.

#25111 4 years ago

Alien is my #1 "want to play" pin. Maybe someday.

#25112 4 years ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

First of my many mods done. Still have to refine it a bit and find a tie in so that they will only activate in certain modes. I can control the speed and flash mode as well. As soon as I get the details nailed down, I may make more. Have lots more immersive mods planned. I think this adds much more depth to the pin, especially ambush!!

Wow that’s awesome can u please sell a kit and is it easy to install ?

#25113 4 years ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

What am I looking at? The left and right beacons on the slingshot areas right? Happens so quickly....

#25114 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

What am I looking at? The left and right beacons on the slingshot areas right? Happens so quickly....

I counted total 6 two sling shots two airlock and two on ramp to sleep chamber ball lock

#25115 4 years ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

Those mini warning lights are cool!

Most orange flashing lights I notice in the film are mounted to the celings and point downward.

How do you think it would look if they were mounted to something overhanging, so that they point downwards? ... I think if this shed the right amount of light onto the playfield features, in the right locations, it could create a really awesome effect! . Instead of flashing in your face they more splash the effect across the playfield?

I'd be in for a set!

#25116 4 years ago

I'd take a set.

QSS

#25117 4 years ago

I got a PM about the amp settings. I've attached it to this post. Andrew picked a speaker/amp combination which when adjusted correctly (see the PDF) is very good. Not sure that this was by calculated design, I think he got lucky.

I've purchased a couple of these Chinese amps for my private use. It is what I use for my game room audio (when I play Borderlands 2).

David

Heighway Pinball Amplifier Settings.pdfHeighway Pinball Amplifier Settings.pdf
#25118 4 years ago

Hello Guys,

the last shipment to the States leaves tomorrow.

1 x Arizona
1 x California
1 x Indiana
1 x Massachusetts
2 x Michigan
1 x North Carolina
1 x Pennsylvania

regards
Averell

#25119 4 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Those mini warning lights are cool!
Most orange flashing lights I notice in the film are mounted to the celings and point downward.
How do you think it would look if they were mounted to something overhanging, so that they point downwards? ... I think if this shed the right amount of light onto the playfield features, in the right locations, it could create a really awesome effect! . Instead of flashing in your face they more splash the effect across the playfield?
I'd be in for a set!

When I was first building these in 2016 while I was waiting for my LE#426 preorder, that was my initial plan. But this was when noone saw one and the designs were still making their way out, so I could not get any dimensions other than what I saw in proto pictures. So after I got screwed on the whole thing, I shelved these. Now that I picked one up, I dusted them off and was going through the pin physically and seeing where I could. Keeping these out of the balls way while also in an area that hides the wires and that keeps them accessible in the event of a replacement is needed, was where I saw the current setup. This isnt to say you cant play around with it. It took me almost 5 months sourcing these as the smaller "sirens" you go, the more fake they look. I was originally trying to go smaller to play it safe and that way I can mount them in more constrictive spaces, but I would have to go really small and those equate to just "flashers" and not sirens which is fine in a way since certain movie sequences, they just had flashers in the corridors. So when I finally found these that I could build around, I stuck with them as the board I made, the siren speed can be controlled as well as switched over to flashing as well. I am still toying around with them as id like some flashers by the alien or in the back corners. Each board can handle up to 6 lights and can be adjusted from 5v up to 60v, although at 5v it acts finicky since whatever you tap into on the board isnt a steady 5v besides the PS directly. But many of the function setups that I wanted to do are controlled by the 5v so I am still working on making that work as I can tap into that LED on the board like "ambush" so whenever thats on for the mode, it activates the sirens then instead of all the time. I do plan on making a limited run of these in the near future once I lock everything down tight. I am currently coming up with a 3D printed mount for these over the airlock LCD and left/right lanes. This way no tape is needed, and the less we mess with these plastics and playfield, the better. Currently there are only 4 I have on mine as shown in the video, 2 at the LCD and 2 at the lanes. I planned on 6 as anymore than that on the playfield and it kinda overtakes everything. Also, they dont really annoy or blind you as they are far enough apart where your eyes dont fixate on them, but the ambience they put off on the rest of the field makes it more immersive for sure in person.

#25120 4 years ago

I'm sure this has been discussed many times on this thread, but where have you SE owners find your beacon lights? Simple installation?

#25121 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Wow that’s awesome can u please sell a kit and is it easy to install ?

Currently I am playing around with it and am plugging into lines, but when I refine it, I hope to have it drop in plug and play simple for everyone.

#25122 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

I'm sure this has been discussed many times on this thread, but where have you SE owners find your beacon lights? Simple installation?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/get-away-from-her-you-bitch-alien-club-all-members-expendable#post-3812255

I like these because they are belt driven (absolutely silent, if I am sending you the correct link! )

ebay.com link: Emergency Light Rotator Warning Light Strobe light for factory workshop LTE 1101

Yellow /12v DC)

I wouldn't say simple. Simpler if you go loose wire/magnet route. I drilled the metal like Libtech

#25123 4 years ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

When I was first building these in 2016 while I was waiting for my LE#426 preorder, that was my initial plan. But this was when noone saw one and the designs were still making their way out, so I could not get any dimensions other than what I saw in proto pictures. So after I got screwed on the whole thing, I shelved these. Now that I picked one up, I dusted them off and was going through the pin physically and seeing where I could. Keeping these out of the balls way while also in an area that hides the wires and that keeps them accessible in the event of a replacement is needed, was where I saw the current setup. This isnt to say you cant play around with it. It took me almost 5 months sourcing these as the smaller "sirens" you go, the more fake they look. I was originally trying to go smaller to play it safe and that way I can mount them in more constrictive spaces, but I would have to go really small and those equate to just "flashers" and not sirens which is fine in a way since certain movie sequences, they just had flashers in the corridors. So when I finally found these that I could build around, I stuck with them as the board I made, the siren speed can be controlled as well as switched over to flashing as well. I am still toying around with them as id like some flashers by the alien or in the back corners. Each board can handle up to 6 lights and can be adjusted from 5v up to 60v, although at 5v it acts finicky since whatever you tap into on the board isnt a steady 5v besides the PS directly. But many of the function setups that I wanted to do are controlled by the 5v so I am still working on making that work as I can tap into that LED on the board like "ambush" so whenever thats on for the mode, it activates the sirens then instead of all the time. I do plan on making a limited run of these in the near future once I lock everything down tight. I am currently coming up with a 3D printed mount for these over the airlock LCD and left/right lanes. This way no tape is needed, and the less we mess with these plastics and playfield, the better. Currently there are only 4 I have on mine as shown in the video, 2 at the LCD and 2 at the lanes. I planned on 6 as anymore than that on the playfield and it kinda overtakes everything. Also, they dont really annoy or blind you as they are far enough apart where your eyes dont fixate on them, but the ambience they put off on the rest of the field makes it more immersive for sure in person.

Awesome mod. If you ever have a pinball party, or want to meet a complete stranger who would love to play Alien, let me know lol.

#25124 4 years ago
Quoted from budroosker:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/get-away-from-her-you-bitch-alien-club-all-members-expendable#post-3812255
I like these because they are belt driven (absolutely silent, if I am sending you the correct link! )
ebay.com link » Emergency Light Rotator Warning Light Strobe Light For Factory Workshop Lte 1101
Yellow /12v DC)
I wouldn't say simple. Simpler if you go loose wire/magnet route. I drilled the metal like Libtech

Thanks for the links!

#25125 4 years ago

I am so happy to officially join the group! What an ultimately badass game...I can't get over how incredible it is. This is the LE that High End Pinball repaired after it was damaged in a previous shipment. Everything currently works. Thankfully I have a lot of spare parts for repairs, and if that time comes, I'm glad that there are so many knowledgeable people here that can help!

20190813_155912_zpsvfumxni0 (resized).JPG20190813_155912_zpsvfumxni0 (resized).JPG
#25126 4 years ago

Awesome!

Welcome to the best Pinball game out there

#25127 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Awesome!

Alien is an awesome game indeed but I'm not sure it's "the best pinball game out there". It is an amazing immersion into the Alien universe via a pinball experience and the production of the game is top notch. I find the game really incredible but I don't think I can rank it as the "best ever". It is way up there in my opinion.

However,.... the game has some incredibly tight shots which are feakin hard to make consistently and some of the modes are nearly impossible to beat when set on factory settings. I checked my audits a while back and a couple of the modes only had one successful completion out of 70 attempts. Yeah, I'm no Keith Elwin on the game but I don't suck ass either. It's a tough game but it's a cool game.

That's just my opinion of the game and I understand your opinion. We both agree that it is a great game.

QSS

#25128 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Awesome!

I wonder what Jurassic Park premium will have to say about that?

#25129 4 years ago

Alien is an awesome game indeed but I'm not sure it's "the best pinball game out there". It is an amazing immersion into the Alien universe via a pinball experience and the production of the game is top notch. I find the game really incredible but I don't think I can rank it as the "best ever". It is way up there in my opinion.
However,.... the game has some incredibly tight shots which are feakin hard to make consistently and some of the modes are nearly impossible to beat when set on factory settings. I checked my audits a while back and a couple of the modes only had one successful completion out of 70 attempts. Yeah, I'm no Keith Elwin on the game but I don't suck ass either. It's a tough game but it's a cool game.
That's just my opinion of the game and I understand your opinion. We both agree that it is a great game.
QSS

Immersion factor (audio clips, light show, video clips, music) is through the roof. Definitely not the best game out there.

Quoted from PinDoctor82:

I am so happy to officially join the group! What an ultimately badass game...I can't get over how incredible it is. This is the LE that High End Pinball repaired after it was damaged in a previous shipment. Everything currently works. Thankfully I have a lot of spare parts for repairs, and if that time comes, I'm glad that there are so many knowledgeable people here that can help![quoted image]

I hope you're good at tinkering on pins, because Alien is definitely a "fixing/tinkering on it is more than half of owning it" kind of game.

#25130 4 years ago

Me : “ you alien pinball machine is good.. real good”

Alien pinball machine: “the best”

#25131 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Well.......second best!

#25132 4 years ago

Hey guys I finally got to self destruct in Alien modes. Of course I failed, but there was no cutscene when the timer ended, it just went to aliens modes. Maybe because I had rescue going on at the same time, is there a "failed" cut scene if you fail self destruct?
Just curious.

#25133 4 years ago

I didn't like the large black bases on the beacons that I saw, so did some searching and came up with these, to me they are an improvement.

3100-A Beacon Light Series (resized).jpg3100-A Beacon Light Series (resized).jpg
#25134 4 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

I didn't like the large black bases on the beacons that I saw, so did some searching and came up with these, to me they are an improvement.[quoted image]

Looks great especially since it can be seen from "great distances"

#25135 4 years ago

QSS

Yeah - it was kind of tongue and cheek as it's hard to say what's truly the best ever. Here's the way I think about it. I've gone through a ton of games. There is only one I ever regretted selling and one I would sell absolutely last, if ever.

That game is Alien.

As for JP Prem, I'm getting one in October. I've played it though and it's fun but it's not special like Alien.

#25136 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yeah - it was kind of tongue and cheek as it's hard to say what's truly the best ever. Here's the way I think about it. I've gone through a ton of games. There is only one I ever regretted selling and one I would sell absolutely last, if ever.
That game is Alien.
As for JP Prem, I'm getting one in October. I've played it though and it's fun but it's not special like Alien.

Totally agree I have 13-14 pins in my collection best is alien . No holds barred

#25137 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Immersion factor (audio clips, light show, video clips, music) is through the roof. Definitely not the best game out there.

I hope you're good at tinkering on pins, because Alien is definitely a "fixing/tinkering on it is more than half of owning it" kind of game.

I don't know about that as I haven't had to get under the hood in months and I play it every night...its like pirates once you get things worked thru it is a solid game..

#25138 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Launcher switch getting stuck ?

Nope, still having the issue. switch is free and clear. Just starts launching all balls like a multiball mode is active during normal play but no multiball was triggered. I turn it off and back on and it fixes it until after a bit. Last night i had another issue where when I restarted it due to the ball launching issue, it would not boot and just said loading kernal and nothing. I had to turn it off twice and then leave it off for 5 minutes, then i fired it up and it worked again. Also having flickering light issues when I use the flippers. The ball launching doesnt seem like a opto issue either, I am thinking maybe its a I/O board. I have 1 black board on the middle playfield and I/O #1 will not update to version 9 either and is stuck on 8. Thinking the cause is in between one of those two. Still have to replace all the cables though. Having a vertical sync issue with tearing across the screen occasionally on the backbox.

#25139 4 years ago

New decal for the coindoor, exactly for the model that it is - Limited Edition.
I also designed a new FUSE MAP as decal.
If someone is interested, PDF attached below.

DSCN6995 (resized).JPGDSCN6995 (resized).JPG

DSCN6994 (resized).JPGDSCN6994 (resized).JPG

regards
Averell

ALIEN - Logo Kassentür - LIMITED EDITION full.pdfALIEN - Logo Kassentür - LIMITED EDITION full.pdfALIEN - Fuse List.pdfALIEN - Fuse List.pdf
#25140 4 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

its like pirates once you get things worked thru it is a solid game..

Exactly.

Did you tweak yours or was it already done when you bought it...?

Cause trust me, if you search this thread it is NOT a "plug in and play" game if you're the first to bust it out of the box. This was about 1.5 years ago below:

Quoted from WeirPinball:

All I know is break out the tools after you unbox your games. Love the game, but holy sh!t - lots of tweaking right out of the box to get it to work correctly - I'm still not 100% there....There is absolutely no way they set this up and tested it...
If you are not comfortable fixing your own games - Then Alien in it's current state probably isn't for you.

#25141 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

New decal for the coindoor, exactly for the model that it is - Limited Edition.
I also designed a new FUSE MAP as decal.
If someone is interested, PDF attached below.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
regards
Averell[quoted image][quoted image]

awesome. Now we just need those LE plates that go on above the translight!

#25142 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

awesome. Now we just need those LE plates that go on above the translight!

cool....then we just get the back stickers done as well and all of us can sell ours as "LE"s (*sarcasm*)

#25143 4 years ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

cool....then we just get the back stickers done as well and all of us can sell ours as "LE"s (*sarcasm*)

And inside stickers.... why would anyone want an LE plaque for a non LE game

#25144 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Its called upbadging in the car world and its happened forever. Makes for more $$$ when selling.

#25145 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Its called upbadging in the car world and its happened forever. Makes for more $$$ when selling.

Yep

#25146 4 years ago

Of course the pinball world is much smaller, so they will be exposed..

#25147 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Kinda what I was thinking.....

#25148 4 years ago

I don't think of it as upsell at all. There is no true LE anymore bc everything is available. Folks who pay more for an LE doesn't make sense. I just wanted to have more alien merch. Mine isn't going anywhere!

#25149 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I don't think of it as upsell at all. There is no true LE anymore bc everything is available. Folks who pay more for an LE doesn't make sense. I just wanted to have more alien merch. Mine isn't going anywhere!

Not true. There were less than 100 true, final run LE's made before everything went way south. Parts are out there to build many "LE" clones from different manufacturers. Doesn't mean one is "better" than the other...just the #'s match as it was built that way (Tron always comes to mind).

In Alienland, it's all about the build date for factory released machines...LE or standard. It's not hard to even sort the cobbled "standards" of the past, from later versions.

Easy to pick out a real LE when you pop the top (plaque helps as well).....

#25150 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Not true. There were less than 100 true, final run LE's made before everything went way south. Parts are out there to build many "LE" clones from different manufacturers. Doesn't mean one is "better" than the other...just the #'s match as it was built that way (Tron always comes to mind).
In Alienland, it's all about the build date for factory released machines...LE or standard. It's not hard to even sort the cobbled "standards" of the past, from later versions.
Easy to pick out a real LE when you pop the top (plaque helps as well).....

Nah I'm talking about late built SEs like mine where I can tell parts are newer and it's exactly the same as LE. I agree earlier SEs are now being frankensteined but late run SEs with beacons and original side lights are exactly the same.

My point wasn't able this anyway. I don't care about LE nonsense. Totally overrated for all these games. Alien in itself is LE!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

9,799 (OBO)
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 503 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/503?hl=apinballwiz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.