DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 502 of 601.
#25051 4 years ago

Ok I decided to move on to playfield swap. the new playfield is on the way, so I decided to get started this am by removing the power supply. It made a large snap noise and a flash. Man.. this is not my week.

#25052 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Ok I decided to move on to playfield swap. the new playfield is on the way, so I decided to get started this am by removing the power supply. It made a large snap noise and a flash. Man.. this is not my week.

I would highly recommend you get the game to someone that knows this stuff inside and out. A PF swap is a pretty big endeavor on the common B/W games, and to it to a boutique machine with a lot of custom subsystems may be more than most are capable of completing.

Know your limits on something like this.

#25053 4 years ago

Hello guys,

today all the panels arrived.
I will prepare them for further delivery and send them next week.

DSCN6971 (resized).JPGDSCN6971 (resized).JPG

DSCN6972 (resized).JPGDSCN6972 (resized).JPG

DSCN6973 (resized).JPGDSCN6973 (resized).JPG

regards
Averell

#25054 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I would highly recommend you get the game to someone that knows this stuff inside and out. A PF swap is a pretty big endeavor on the common B/W games, and to it to a boutique machine with a lot of custom subsystems may be more than most are capable of completing.
Know your limits on something like this.

Yeah Im just joking, Im not ever going to mess with my Alien ever again. Does anyone know anyone in Michigan who can come and polish/buff out those spots on my playfield?

#25055 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Yeah Im just joking, Im not ever going to mess with my Alien ever again. Does anyone know anyone in Michigan who can come and polish/buff out those spots on my playfield?

Whew...Concern here ...

Seriously, I think that area can be addressed fairly easy by someone that's used to doing it..Buffing/polishing as you suggest.

I truly believe you flickering pops are a poor sear in one of the LEDs further up the chain btw. Maybe you can find a tech in your area that can address these minor issues at the same time....Same thing happened to me some time back ( think in the threads).

Had to replace a bad led ( Mike's version) but required pulling the center I/O board and dropping the large PCB board to get to it...No problems since...

#25056 4 years ago

Hello Guys,

Just wanting to do a poll on the IO boards and which have failed.

Mine came with the black colour and 3 have failed.

Replaced with the blue coloured and good so far.

I also believe they came out in red.

Have others had boards fail and what colour?

#25057 4 years ago

so I installed three shakers to my alien (finally got the red tremor from CT) and the latter worked the best but it just isn't very strong. I'm tempted to up the strength of the shaker in the settings but considering my alien has been perfect, I'm kind of worried juicing up the shaker 25% could result in an issue.

Any thoughts on this? I remember shakers causing issues in the beginning of this games release but not sure if that was software or hardware. I'm thinking I might just return it and not risk it.....maybe I'm too used to sterns!

#25058 4 years ago

Anyone have a source on petg plastic set ?

#25059 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Please don't swap your playfield based on some swirls. I'm sure they're probably more prominent to you because you know where they are and you're looking for them.

Save the new playfield for when it actually has damage. Swapping playfields is not a simple job on any machine much less one that has limited support and no shared parts.

The saga of how it landed on you sounds horrible! Glad you have recovered though.

With the greatest of respect please don't play about with things if you're not 100% confident of what you're doing, particularly when it involves high voltage.

EDIT: Just noticed you weren't serious, phew!

#25060 4 years ago

Hello Guys,

I have finished the installation instruction and prepared it for download.
I hope you will understand my advice and that my English is not that bad?
If you have any suggestions or improvements don't hesitate to contact me.

Installation Instructions_ALIEN Clear Speaker Panels_Averell's Limited Edition_ENG_2019-08-10_22-22-21.pdfInstallation Instructions_ALIEN Clear Speaker Panels_Averell's Limited Edition_ENG_2019-08-10_22-22-21.pdf

regards
Averell

#25061 4 years ago

Thanks!

Is the light around the monitor in that picture really that bright bc I can see that negatively impact the TV screen

#25062 4 years ago

The picture was taken without mounted monitor!

#25063 4 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Anyone have a source on petg plastic set ?

I know someone here was talking about reproducing them. I'd be in for a set for sure if they were redone.

QSS

#25064 4 years ago

I have uploaded revision 1.1 of the installation instructions, now the title-page is correct and shows the acrylic panels with mounted monitor lighted by LED-Stripe.

#25065 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

So I used Novus on the plastic piece, no go. But somehow, and I have no idea how, these two hazy circles showed up on my playfield! I tried waxing, nothing works. Any suggestions, you guys were right should have just left those stupid small scratches alone[quoted image]

Aw man that sucks. I’m sorry man. It’s definitely noticeable, but maybe in time it will fade? Or at least in a dark environment you won’t see it.

#25066 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Aw man that sucks. I’m sorry man. It’s definitely noticeable, but maybe in time it will fade? Or at least in a dark environment you won’t see it.

Mirco said it’s not a big deal and can be polished out I just don’t want to do it because I already caused the issue and I’m just not good with that kind of thing

#25067 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

I have uploaded revision 1.1 of the installation instructions, now the title-page is correct and shows the acrylic panels with mounted monitor lighted by LED-Stripe.

Wow! I think that's the most professional looking installation manual I've seen for a mod.

#25068 4 years ago

Glad to hear that - thanks.
If it's usability is good also, everything is fine.
I have updated to revision 1.2.

#25069 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Mirco said it’s not a big deal and can be polished out I just don’t want to do it because I already caused the issue and I’m just not good with that kind of thing

As long as it’s not a big deal to you, that’s all that matters.

#25070 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

As long as it’s not a big deal to you, that’s all that matters.

It’s not that big of a deal but the thing that bothers me most was this was preventable if I didn’t use any stupid novus because it all started after I used it . I must have gotten some novus 3 on the playfield accidentally. Anyways i guess I can call them acid burns on the playfield my wife didn’t see them but she doesn’t give a two rats ass about my machines . It plays awesome and I will take another users advice which is just play and have fun. I love this game so immersive . I do think it’s fixable but it needs like an expert . If I ever do sell it at least I can give that buyer a replacement playfield if they ever wanted to do anythjng . But again someone happens to be in Michigan come on over have beer and fix my spots ! (If U know how !)

But man I love this game !

F7856E74-710B-4DE0-A52E-7A045A8FD23E (resized).jpegF7856E74-710B-4DE0-A52E-7A045A8FD23E (resized).jpeg
#25071 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Hello Guys,
I have finished the installation instruction and prepared it for download.
I hope you will understand my advice and that my English is not that bad?
If you have any suggestions or improvements don't hesitate to contact me.
[quoted image]
regards
Averell

Ok, here’s a suggestion. Make more of them!

#25072 4 years ago

This is not an option... a Limited Edition must have an end.

#25073 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

This is not an option... a Limited Edition must have an end.

Technically any number is limited as long as it has an official end. Could be 10 million LE’s as long as whatever number is set, is it

#25074 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

It’s not that big of a deal but the thing that bothers me most was this was preventable if I didn’t use any stupid novus because it all started after I used it . I must have gotten some novus 3 on the playfield accidentally. Anyways i guess I can call them acid burns on the playfield my wife didn’t see them but she doesn’t give a two rats ass about my machines . It plays awesome and I will take another users advice which is just play and have fun. I love this game so immersive . I do think it’s fixable but it needs like an expert . If I ever do sell it at least I can give that buyer a replacement playfield if they ever wanted to do anythjng . But again someone happens to be in Michigan come on over have beer and fix my spots ! (If U know how !)
But man I love this game ![quoted image]

Dude, slow down. Yes, for Mirco its no big deal, for you and me, its a big deal. There are pinsiders on here who have done it and say its a bitch. You are making a mountain out of a mole hill and with one slip of a tool, or part, you could do far more damage. Scratch new playfield, bend wireforms, break plastics etc etc. If you insist, hire a pro.

#25075 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Yes, for Mirco its no big deal, for you and me, its a big deal. There are pinsiders on here who have done it and say its a bitch

This, @oneangrymo. It does seem like a big deal to you. Of course it will be no big deal to Mirco.

It’s almost like you are trying to talk yourself into it not being an issue to you. Me personally, I wouldn’t buy a pin used if I saw that on the play field, so it may affect the resell value. But if you will be keeping it and it genuinely doesn’t bother you, then just accept it.

If it really does bother you, have it fixed professionally. Good luck!

#25076 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

This, oneangrymo. It does seem like a big deal to you. Of course it will be no big deal to Mirco.
It’s almost like you are trying to talk yourself into it not being an issue to you. Me personally, I wouldn’t buy a pin used if I saw that on the play field, so it may affect the resell value. But if you will be keeping it and it genuinely doesn’t bother you, then just accept it.
If it really does bother you, have it fixed professionally. Good luck!

Like by who ? Fixed by who ? I’m willing to pay but who !!!??

#25077 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Like by who ? Fixed by who ? I’m willing to pay but who !!!??

Agree w jonesjb and Roostking comments. You seem like a great Pinsider (I tried to buy your TWDLE, and have had several PM's)....absolutely no shame in reaching out to get this taken care of. I've made a million mistakes when I started working on these things..have come a long, long way electronically, but PF restoration is definitely not in my wheelhouse. Having a spare pf is cool, but highly doubt you will need it, and surely don't want to pay someone to swap out, given you're only dealing w some swirl marks.

As I read through the threads, it seems you've had several issues (switches, lights, screens, and pf surface), all of which can be handled by someone who is used to working on these games. I'd reach out to a local, reputable operator or distributor in your area and get their take.

Alien is scarier due to lack of schematics, parts, etc., and truthfully, can be a pita to get everything sorted (wait until you decide to replace the acrylics w PETG...nightmare!!!). Those swirls in the pf can certainly be addressed and disappear however.

My OCD is quite high regarding my machines...everything has to be right. With that said, playfields will dimple, parts will wear, and clear pf windows will get nicks if you play the game at all over time.

Look through the pinside directory...maybe someone pops up close.....you have a great game!!!

#25078 4 years ago

Had problems with two balls getting stuck into the scoop in my last game. The switch seemed ok, so I just adjusted the coil strength to + 15 %. Did the same adjustment for the magnet, since it was not managing to catch the ball for the multiball start. Here you can see that I am taking my Aliens-business very seriously

68668210_2659910840699408_4993574568854552576_n (resized).jpg68668210_2659910840699408_4993574568854552576_n (resized).jpg
#25079 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

so I installed three shakers to my alien (finally got the red tremor from CT) and the latter worked the best but it just isn't very strong. I'm tempted to up the strength of the shaker in the settings but considering my alien has been perfect, I'm kind of worried juicing up the shaker 25% could result in an issue.
Any thoughts on this? I remember shakers causing issues in the beginning of this games release but not sure if that was software or hardware. I'm thinking I might just return it and not risk it.....maybe I'm too used to sterns!

Final run of AlienLE came w the red tremor (I've got one in mine)...settings I landed on:

Limit - 100

Frequency - 50

Power - 50

Works great......

#25080 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Agree w jonesjb and roostking comments. You seem like a great Pinsider (I tried to buy your TWDLE, and have had several PM's)....absolutely no shame in reaching out to get this taken care of. I've made a million mistakes when I started working on these things..have come a long, long way electronically, but PF restoration is definitely not in my wheelhouse. Having a spare pf is cool, but highly doubt you will need it, and surely don't want to pay someone to swap out, given you're only dealing w some swirl marks.
As I read through the threads, it seems you've had several issues (switches, lights, screens, and pf surface), all of which can be handled by someone who is used to working on these games. I'd reach out to a local, reputable operator or distributor in your area and get their take.
Alien is scarier due to lack of schematics, parts, etc., and truthfully, can be a pita to get everything sorted (wait until you decide to replace the acrylics w PETG...nightmare!!!). Those swirls in the pf can certainly be addressed and disappear however.
My OCD is quite high regarding my machines...everything has to be right. With that said, playfields will dimple, parts will wear, and clear pf windows will get nicks if you play the game at all over time.
Look through the pinside directory...maybe someone pops up close.....you have a great game!!!

Hey man thanks for the advice I’m pretty nit picky when it comes to my machines any small imperfection makes me sad . I so ocd that sometimes I can’t even sleep at night. My monster bash has the smallest scratch on the backside by the delivery people but u need a flash light and have to be 1” away from the cab to see if and I couldn’t sleep for 3-4 days . Haha. Anyways I’ll find
Someone eventually . As for the rest of my issues all have been fixed there is absolutely nothing wrong with it but here is a list of things fixed in case it helps someone in future:

1) first thing to go wrong was launcher would hit the ball partially up wireform then come down . Fix - added a washer in between playfield and launcher to angle it
Up more - fixed
2) the left and right slings started going crazy and triggering themselves. Fixing the leaf switch helped just be careful not to mess up the leds behind them - fixed
3) the Xeno tongue magnet fell off. Hot glue did not work has to be epoxy - fixed
4) after the machine fell the two back eggs wouldn’t work right . Tech replaced io board it’s better - fixed
5) the launcher would occasionally launch two balls . Using a spare rubber post put it at the plastic edge between trough and launcher this prevents ball from rolling back into trough - fixed
6) the Xeno jaw would hit the front switched causing it to partially open . Pushed forward these switches - fixed
7) playfield swirl marks - work in progress
updates firmware to new io board causing system crash and couldn’t
Boot. Reinstalled software from scratch - fixed
9) left siren broken from fall got replacement easy to install lift levers on clip to release wires - fixed
10) two balls kept getting stuck in scoop during ambush , increasing coil power solved this - fixed

#25081 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Final run of AlienLE came w the red tremor (I've got one in mine)...settings I landed on:
Limit - 100
Frequency - 50
Power - 50
Works great......

Thanks I didn't even know there were settings for that. Will need to check where thanks!

EDIT - power was on 22! Works great now at 50. thanks!

#25082 4 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Had problems with two balls getting stuck into the scoop in my last game. The switch seemed ok, so I just adjusted the coil strength to + 15 %. Did the same adjustment for the magnet, since it was not managing to catch the ball for the multiball start. Here you can see that I am taking my Aliens-business very seriously [quoted image]

yes mine did the same thing increasing strength a notce for that scoop worked great!

Looks like your a dentist?

#25083 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

yes mine did the same thing increasing strength a notce for that scoop worked great!
Looks like your a dentist?

Sorry no, but I did notice the resemblance myself

#25084 4 years ago

Anyone know the fix to the heighway login screen after factory reset?

#25085 4 years ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

Anyone know the fix to the heighway login screen after factory reset?

U have to reinstall the software using keyboard mouse and the complete install software I think it’s on the wierpinball site

#25086 4 years ago

Good morning Guys,

this week the delivery will begin, I try to send the parcels step by step every day.
Not later then Friday all the panels should be on their way to USA and Canada.
The delivery for the european customers will begin this evening.

regards
Averell

#25087 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

U have to reinstall the software using keyboard mouse and the complete install software I think it’s on the wierpinball site

It's not working. Plugged in a USB hub to the pc with mouse and keyboard and USB with the iso attached and it still comes up with login. Tried USB directly and still requests login. USB is 2.0.

#25088 4 years ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

It's not working. Plugged in a USB hub to the pc with mouse and keyboard and USB with the iso attached and it still comes up with login. Tried USB directly and still requests login. USB is 2.0.

Did u install Ubuntu ?

#25089 4 years ago

After doing some research I figured out that knocker assembly and shooter lane assemby are equal.
Same bracket and coil, so is there a chance to find this assembly?

321a (resized).jpg321a (resized).jpg

#25090 4 years ago
Quoted from Nethawk86:

You cant install an .iso to a drive that the OS is currently operating on.

To install the .iso onto the PC on board SSD, I put a Bootable USB with Ubuntu OS on it. Put that directly into the PC motherboard. When the PC is rebooted it should give you the option to boot from the USB drive, using keypress. There are directions on the source website regarding the required commands to apply the ISO. Also put the USB with the ISO directly into motherboard slot. Hubs for Keyboard and mouse if necesary.

#25092 4 years ago

Hello Guys,

the first shipment to the States leaves tomorrow.
Of course, all parcels are insured and tracked by an extra service.

1 x Alberta (Canada)
1 x Arizona
2 x California
1 x Indiana
1 x Michigan
1 x Missouri
1 x Pennsylvania
1 x Virgina

regards
Averell

#25093 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Hello Guys,
1 x Alberta (Canada)
1 x Arizona
2 x California
1 x Indiana
1 x Michigan
1 x Missouri
1 x Pennsylvania
1 x Virgina
regards
Averell

Awesome news, can't wait!!!

#25094 4 years ago

It was my stupid USB Hub, it wasnt getting proper power from the PC. So I replaced it with an separate powered one and that did the trick. Still the same kinks everyone's having issues with exist after fresh install:
-Lights flickering each time flippers used
-after a while upper right flipper and airlock scoop stop working/registering
-ball loader loads ball but hits launch lane side and bounces back in loader
-game occasionally launches multiple balls for no reason
-no#1 IO board won't update to v.09 from v.08.

Really wish the sentry gun sounds were increased like in the movie and are prominent front and center when they go off, same goes for pulse rifle SFX. I'd love for those to be chest hitting!!!

#25095 4 years ago

Some minutes ago I disassambled the shooter lanes assy... I try to redraw the bracket in CAD and ask my local workshop what it will cost to laser and bend this bracket made of stainless steel to reproduce the knocker assy.
Except of the coil all needed parts are standard parts.
Unfortunately the demounting of the shooter lane assy is a mess because the threaded jackets loose of the playfield before you can get rid oft the screws out of the bracket - this is a very bad design!

DSCN6991 (resized).JPGDSCN6991 (resized).JPG

DSCN6992 (resized).JPGDSCN6992 (resized).JPG

#25096 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Hello Guys,
1 x Alberta (Canada)
1 x Arizona
2 x California
1 x Indiana
1 x Michigan
1 x Missouri
1 x Pennsylvania
1 x Virgina
regards
Averell

man - I heard that owner in pennsylvania is a real dick! haha

Excited to get it. I also like the widespread love alien is getting around the country. California representing.

#25097 4 years ago

Desperate for a set of lit side blades. I play the game in the dark and my eyes are starting to get sore.

#25098 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Desperate for a set of lit side blades. I play the game in the dark and my eyes are starting to get sore.

You can just buy the EL blades and install them yourself, I did that on my SE . There is a guide by sunking

#25099 4 years ago

Where are they for sale?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

9,799 (OBO)
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 502 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/502?hl=wcbu64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.