• 25,209 posts
  • 994 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by Mik-ReadingUK
  • Topic is favorited by 267 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,922 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

ALIEN-Knocker Assy - Bracket 2.pdf (PDF preview)
ALIEN_Knocker_Bracket-B.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
ALIEN - Logo Kassentür - LIMITED EDITION full.pdf (PDF preview)
ALIEN - Fuse List.pdf (PDF preview)
DSCN6994 (resized).JPG
DSCN6995 (resized).JPG
3100-A Beacon Light Series (resized).jpg
20190813_155912_zpsvfumxni0 (resized).JPG
Heighway Pinball Amplifier Settings.pdf (PDF preview)
DSCN6992 (resized).JPG
DSCN6991 (resized).JPG
321a (resized).jpg
68668210_2659910840699408_4993574568854552576_n (resized).jpg
F7856E74-710B-4DE0-A52E-7A045A8FD23E (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 25209 posts in this topic. You are on page 501 of 505.
#25001 16 days ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hey man thanks
For info . I don’t think I have a power supply issue when u mean new usb u mean new usb cord ? Ok increasing my scoop kickout to +10% has helped when two balls in airlock, haven't had any issues on 3-4 tries.
Then my display on playfield went crazy.. all these red lines, then went away! Does that mean a usb connection issue? I hope display isn't going bad, it looks fine otherwise

9F3FB854-161A-4272-85BB-9A9DD070BE90 (resized).jpeg
#25002 16 days ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

[quoted image]

It probably helps to unplug and plug again the leads to the PF monitor. Also inside the monitor housing.

#25003 15 days ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

[quoted image]

The heat coming from the box could cause this as it was stated by early buyers.
The plastic protection was here to prevent that a bit. An Alien user even add a cooler inside his cabinet with a one a hole undernees.
Now it could come from something else, a bad connection, usb, pc plugging....

It never happen to me so I can’t say, the best is to dig on the forums.

#25004 15 days ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Yep, I just returned my order of 12 balls to amazon today. Stay away from BC precision.[quoted image]

Yikes!!!! Ball Baron for the win....

#25005 15 days ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

[quoted image]

You have had a go of it......probably the HDMI cable connectivity.

It is SOOO important on this machine to take your time, and do proper cable management, strain relief at all wiring connections.

I probably spent 2 days rerouting, securing cables, tightening euroblock screw connectors on the motherboard, and overall tidying up the infrastructure. If you don't, every time you pop the top or have extended play sessions, things tend to connect intermittently, leading to weirdness.

Using USB, HDMI, and euroblock (screw) connectivity is just not the best thing for a machine that vibrates...is what it is.

Good news - it can be made very solid and reliable...bad news - it takes time and understanding how to properly wire for strain relief using these connection methods......

#25006 15 days ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I cleaned and waxed playfield but what is best way to get rid of these marks ?[quoted image][quoted image]

Would u guys try novus 2 followed by novus 1 and wax on these areas ?

#25007 15 days ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

[quoted image]

Also check the thin cable from the monitor going out of the box. On my Alien the insulation from the cable was ripped of by the metalbox. Just a little tape around and it worked again.

#25008 15 days ago

Last week I compiled a documentation covering the Alien Power Supply Board. Compared to the I/O Board it is fairly simple, but it might be helpful just in case... Meanwhile I also updated in my Alien I/O Board description, so here are both documents for you.
Alien IO Board.pdf

Alien Power Supply Board.pdf
#25009 15 days ago

I found some mistakes in the Power Supply Board description and updated the file to version 1.1.

You may find the latest version of my Alien documentation on OneDrive: https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ao2CbfOvs38FoTHpEeU5zzs3Z5jR

#25010 15 days ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Yikes!!!! Ball Baron for the win....

Hey man can u give me a link to which balls u recommend for alien ? Believe it or not I had brand new gameroomguys balls and I think they scratched my
Playfield display ! I’m so bummed on closer inspection they had tiny bit pitting!

#25011 14 days ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hey man can u give me a link to which balls u recommend for alien ? Believe it or not I had brand new gameroomguys balls and I think they scratched my
Playfield display ! I’m so bummed on closer inspection they had tiny bit pitting!

You want the term "precision" in the title/description. Also "Carbon Steel", along with "mirror finish" or "polished". Avoid the term "pinball" being in the description (this only suggestts they are Reject industrial ball bearings).

#25012 14 days ago

Hey guys just curious is the playfield display something that can be swapped out also replacing the piece on the actual playfield that the ball rolls or is the top of the screen on the playfield part of the playfield itself ? Like if I remove the display is there a big hole in the playfield?

#25013 14 days ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hey guys just curious is the playfield display something that can be swapped out also replacing the piece on the actual playfield that the ball rolls or is the top of the screen on the playfield part of the playfield itself ? Like if I remove the display is there a big hole in the playfield?

They are separate items. Not sure how easy to remove playfield lens though.

#25014 14 days ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

https://ballbaron.com/product-category/pinballs/

get the carbon steel ones for Alien, NOT the Ninjas....

#25015 14 days ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

You want the term "precision" in the title/description. Also "Carbon Steel", along with "mirror finish" or "polished". Avoid the term "pinball" being in the description (this only suggestts they are Reject industrial ball bearings).

I'm,guessing you missed the part where BC precision specifically had all those checked and their balls still sucked no pun intended.

#25016 14 days ago

Look what balls did to my playfield display

778427AA-E9CE-41EB-A845-9624A6C7D30A (resized).jpeg
#25017 14 days ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

All comes out (not part of PF). Been awhile, but seem to remember there is a cover you take off, then can drop it all .....only adjustment to square w PF are (4x) rubber spacers, but you can get it to sit flush.

#25018 14 days ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Look what balls did to my playfield display

Novus?

#25019 14 days ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Look what balls did to my playfield display[quoted image]

My Alien has a playfield protector since day one. It plays pretty well and no concern with scratch on the display.

#25020 14 days ago

I’m going to try this but I think they r too deep, I can feel my fingernail in it. I guess I will try starting with Novus 2, then 1 . If doesnt work, I may try the 3 but I hope I dont cause more problems. I can get a replacement but I think replacing it is going to be kind of a pain by myself. Or I can I guess I can just leave it alone, its not too bad, I just hate small imperfections. Anyone have any other suggestions?
Stupid pinballs! I bought them from gameroomguys on amazon, and didnt even look at them before I put them in the machine thinking ok they have to be new! Stupid me!

#25021 14 days ago

Good morning guys,

end of this week the production will be finished.
Then I have to send all the panels to the customers... and it's a disaster by delivery costs.
Too much expensive, but you can't sell these parts for more money, because it makes no sense.
My intension was to create something unique and affordable for this amazing Pinball Machine, but I never expect how big the operating expense will be!
The production process is very difficult and it takes a day to produce only two sets.
And that's the reason why the panels have been limited.
There're 25 sets worldwide available, not that much, but in advance I tried to get in contact with as much ALIEN owners I could reach, but the feedback wasn't that much.

I wish I had better news for you and some other guys whom interested in the parts after schedule went off, but from my side the 25 hand made sets will stay as a limited edition without an option of being reproduced again.

regards
Dirk

#25022 14 days ago

I wouldn;t let a few nicks or scratches in the cover bother me. Just enjoy the game!

Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I’m going to try this but I think they r too deep, I can feel my fingernail in it. I guess I will try starting with Novus 2, then 1 . If doesnt work, I may try the 3 but I hope I dont cause more problems. I can get a replacement but I think replacing it is going to be kind of a pain by myself. Or I can I guess I can just leave it alone, its not too bad, I just hate small imperfections. Anyone have any other suggestions?
Stupid pinballs! I bought them from gameroomguys on amazon, and didnt even look at them before I put them in the machine thinking ok they have to be new! Stupid me!

#25023 14 days ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I wouldn;t let a few nicks or scratches in the cover bother me. Just enjoy the game!

yeah I guess they are hardly noticeable when the game is on. Thanks for the advice. Stupid balls.

#25024 14 days ago

Is anyone sitting on some spare leds boards? I keep waiting for them to be remade, but so far nothing. Would like to finish converting my game and play it.

#25025 13 days ago
Quoted from dung:

Is anyone sitting on some spare leds boards? I keep waiting for them to be remade, but so far nothing. Would like to finish converting my game and play it.

Here too! ... everyone's bought up all the stocks and put them in the cupboard.

#25026 13 days ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

yeah I guess they are hardly noticeable when the game is on. Thanks for the advice. Stupid balls.

Novus 2 then novus 1

#25027 12 days ago

Good morning,

is somebody here who use a coin controller in the ALIEN?
How does it work?
Behind the coin door there are several wires and connectors... so, where could a coin controller be connected?
Is there a setup in the game adjustments available ?

regards
Averell

#25028 12 days ago

there is the ribbon cable connector on the power board. next to where the vibrator is plugged. you need a long cable

#25029 12 days ago

All 25 sets are ready and will be prepared for shipping back to Germany tomorrow.
I think delivery to all the customer will start at the end of next week.

IMG_5350 (resized).jpg

IMG_5351 (resized).jpg

#25030 12 days ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Novus 2 then novus 1

No go, I think scratches are too deep. Oh well, does anyone have a simple cover to protect it from future scuffs and scratches? other then mylar? Novus 3 actually made it worse.

#25031 11 days ago
Quoted from Averell:

All 25 sets are ready and will be prepared for shipping back to Germany tomorrow.
I think delivery to all the customer will start at the end of next week.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Hooray...haven't popped the top on this game in awhile (wait, it's in the backbox)...very excited and confident it will give the art a much more balanced light enhancement...thank you for doing this!!!

#25032 11 days ago

So I used Novus on the plastic piece, no go. But somehow, and I have no idea how, these two hazy circles showed up on my playfield! I tried waxing, nothing works. Any suggestions, you guys were right should have just left those stupid small scratches alone

IMG_2394 (resized).jpeg
#25033 11 days ago

Crap, I am late to the party. Nothing but crumbs, cigarette butts, empty bottles and crushed cups left. You got a list started for a future run of speaker grills? Add me please.

Anybody make the 2 plastic covers for cpu and computer areas?

#25034 11 days ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

No go, I think scratches are too deep. Oh well, does anyone have a simple cover to protect it from future scuffs and scratches? other then mylar? Novus 3 actually made it worse.

Sorry to say, you need to stop trying to fix it. Pull it out and take it to a body shop and let them take care of it.

Also, find the game cleaning thread by Vid. It is a wealth of knowledge.

#25035 11 days ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

So I used Novus on the plastic piece, no go. But somehow, and I have no idea how, these two hazy circles showed up on my playfield! I tried waxing, nothing works. Any suggestions, you guys were right should have just left those stupid small scratches alone[quoted image]

I was always told Novus 2 ... only. It worked for me on B/W.

#25036 11 days ago
Quoted from Averell:

Good job, but your speaker panels are very dark sideways to the edges. You should upgrade that.

Wish I could!

#25037 11 days ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Sorry to say, you need to stop trying to fix it. Pull it out and take it to a body shop and let them take care of it.
Also, find the game cleaning thread by Vid. It is a wealth of knowledge.

do you think those two rounds spots on my play field are fixable? Maybe be buffed out? I have no idea what happened! I know I may have gotten some Novus 1 on the play field, but not 2, and absolutely not the 3. But I thought 1 wouldn't cause this kind of issue.

#25038 11 days ago

Well I just got off the phone with an expert on playfields and clear coats/paint. He thinks im getting these circles because its a Mirco playfield and he makes bad playfields or something
Anyone heard of this problem before?

#25039 11 days ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Well I just got off the phone with an expert on playfields and clear coats/paint. He thinks im getting these circles because its a Mirco playfield and he makes bad playfields or something
Anyone heard of this problem before?

Yup, please see JJP and Wonka clear coat issues.

#25040 11 days ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

Great ! My favorite pin !
What do you guys advise. He reassured me like 100 times I did nothing wrong. I ordered another playfield and could do a swap, but Im scared, never done anything like that before.

#25041 11 days ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Great ! My favorite pin !
What do you guys advise. He reassured me like 100 times I did nothing wrong. I ordered another playfield and could do a swap, but Im scared, never done anything like that before.

The circles you're talking about are very subtle. I wouldn't do anything b/c every time I see you do something it seems to get worse. For now, I would leave it unless it drives you crazy....then roll the dice but have someone else, not you do it. GL

#25042 11 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

The circles you're talking about are very subtle. I wouldn't do anything b/c every time I see you do something it seems to get worse. For now, I would leave it unless it drives you crazy....then roll the dice but have someone else, not you do it. GL

Good advice ! But hey.. it still plays awesome! Love it!

9 (resized).jpg
#25043 10 days ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

The JJPPOTC and Wonka PF's are Mirco( serious cc issues), but those problems have nothing to do w the hazing that I see in this pic.

Mirco's QC definitely comes and goes...I've got several (including my Alien" which still look like glass (w a few dimples...normal). Your circles look like areas that you went at it w an abrasive cleaner of sorts.

I'd take Delt's advise....using cleaners/ polishes, etc. improperly can lead to a big headache. That's what appears to be happening w yours (not a pf defect).

Even the wrong cloth or application technique can bring nightmares..Vid's thread is awesome on this...think I'd let someone else handle it for you..hate you're having so many problems...relatively small, but add up and can get worse in a hurry.....mark

(man, you definitely don't want to try a pf swap on this game by yourself, if you've never done one....yikes!!!)

#25044 10 days ago

You guys gotta remember this is the “famous” le that fell completely on its side crushing my tibia placing me in an immobilizer for 3 months and occurring 1 week before our daughter was born . It was left toppled on its side for nearly 2-3 months until I was able to find someone to help me lift it back up . Only exterior damage was the left siren which I replaced . No other visible damage other then the two back eggs which flicker rarely and I think it’s just a loose connection . Me and this pin got a long history together I can’t have anything go wrong with it ! It’s one of my prized posessions . Now which one of u is going to come fix it for freeeeeee. ?

#25045 10 days ago

How on earth did it fall on its side? That's a hell of a story you've got to tell there!

#25046 10 days ago

Looks very minor, just play your game and enjoy it. It won't be the last imperfection you'll see. These things are made to be played, get on it man!!

Quoted from Oneangrymo:

do you think those two rounds spots on my play field are fixable? Maybe be buffed out? I have no idea what happened! I know I may have gotten some Novus 1 on the play field, but not 2, and absolutely not the 3. But I thought 1 wouldn't cause this kind of issue.

#25047 10 days ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Looks very minor, just play your game and enjoy it. It won't be the last imperfection you'll see. These things are made to be played, get on it man!!

Yeah ur right . I’ll just play . I contacted the playfield manufacturer they said nothing significant can easily be fixed with 3 m green polish . I just decided leave it alone ... finaly

#25048 10 days ago
Quoted from Durzel:

How on earth did it fall on its side? That's a hell of a story you've got to tell there!

I was using that pinball dolly and it was top heavy . Started leaning over and In my desperation to push it back before it fell the whole thing flipped over on me pinning
Me underneath . Believe it or not I yelled for help and my wife who was 39 weeks pregnant and my mother in law came
Running . My
Mother in law lifted the machine off my
Leg so I could crawl out

I lost conscious for a few mins then the first thing I asked is the machine ok !? The paramedics came saw all my machines and laughed at me and told me to “walk it off”. Idiots

#25049 10 days ago

^^^ omg that is a lot worse than I imagined. Glad you survived and your buddy survived too. You can’t kill an Alien!

#25050 10 days ago

I'm still searching for the Full Throttle/ Alien Knocker Assy.

321a (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 399.95
$ 18,500.00
Pinball Machine
www.retroarcade.se
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
16,000 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Middleborough, MA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Sale Pending!
Denver, CO
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 25209 posts in this topic. You are on page 501 of 505.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside