• 22,637 posts
  • 946 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 58 minutes ago by Damonator
  • Topic is favorited by 273 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,351 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSC_0117 (resized).JPG
EF7ACBBB-EB6F-49F8-8B4F-12574A5FB3A5 (resized).jpeg
4F6C5452-EED2-4F4A-B7FD-84B88C2AD245 (resized).jpeg
EFDB044C-6569-4EB8-A357-AC39F36BF309 (resized).jpeg
hottoysripley2 (resized).jpg
20180527_182351 (resized).jpg
20180527_182358 (resized).jpg
425-3105-B (resized).jpg
Fry-can-t-tell-meme-generator-not-sure-if-sarcasm-or-serious-e14739 (resized).jpg
3100-a_2_1 (resized).jpg
3100-a_2.jpg
D05091EF-0E38-463C-9EEB-84BE0AE3C7BB (resized).jpeg
IMG_0855 (resized).jpg
hwwww (resized).PNG
pasted_image (resized).png
B61tYhiIgAA6waI (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 22740 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 455.
#201 3 years ago

Just thinking to jump on the train, especially that game would look great next to Predator.
But as the Predator still haven't been delivered yet, and there is a huge silence from SkitB I hesitate to spent the next couple of thousand dollars without a detailed plan. I know, different people, different company, different story, but ....
Are you sure they can held April 2015? Guys, that's just 5 months, so from my point of view the game should be now more or less right in front of the assembly line. I don't believe that. If they could really I guess it will be delivered much earlier than Predator where I jumped on the train from day 1 onwards.

#202 3 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

The company's media/simulation guy has put together a flappable flowtest version in digital form, and the gameplay is absolutely superb. It completely hits the 'instant appeal' mark, with a single ball leaving you wanting to make every single shot.

I know this is an unrealistic idea that will probably ever happen, but what if designers released fully playable virtual versions of their game prior to production? Before you drop a few thousand $ on a pre-order you haven't played or seen, you can play the virtual version.

If the games is good, it would have to help pre-orders. If the game's a turd, well, its still a turd.

Obviously virtual is different than the real thing, but its better than looking at a couple of line drawings/photos/crap video of Gary Stern playing.

Now, can we have a copy of that "flappable flowtest version in digital form" you speak of???

#203 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I know this is an unrealistic idea that will probably ever happen, but what if designers released fully playable virtual versions of their game prior to production? Before you drop a few thousand $ on a pre-order you haven't played or seen, you can play the virtual version.
If the games is good, it would have to help pre-orders. If the game's a turd, well, its still a turd.
Obviously virtual is different than the real thing, but its better than looking at a couple of line drawings/photos/crap video of Gary Stern playing.
Now, can we have a copy of that "flappable flowtest version in digital form" you speak of???

Personally I'd be completely against that, not because Heighway Pinball are going to make poor games and have to hide the fact before release so they get loads of pre-order sales, but because Ive personally found that with for example Pinball Arcade on my iphone Ive played some pins to death and while its not quite 'The same' as the real thing it has certainly dulled my appetite for playing the real thing for some reason, and this includes titles I actually own/have owned!

I will add, just in the interests of transparency that I am one of the investors in Heighway Pinball and have been involved from the start (For my sins!), so selling a load of Aliens / FT etc is something that may benefit me personally (Eventually!).

And the poster kind of 'outed' a few comments up is actually the game designer of Full Throttle (And i believe future titles to be released) and is obviously kind of excited about the whole thing, so go easy please, there are no hidden agenda's here

#204 3 years ago
Quoted from simon:

Personally I'd be completely against that, not because Heighway Pinball are going to make poor games and have to hide the fact before release so they get loads of pre-order sales, but because Ive personally found that with for example Pinball Arcade on my iphone Ive played some pins to death and while its not quite 'The same' as the real thing it has certainly dulled my appetite for playing the real thing for some reason, and this includes titles I actually own/have owned!
I will add, just in the interests of transparency that I am one of the investors in Heighway Pinball and have been involved from the start (For my sins!), so selling a load of Aliens / FT etc is something that may benefit me personally (Eventually!).
And the poster kind of 'outed' a few comments up is actually the game designer of Full Throttle (And i believe future titles to be released) and is obviously kind of excited about the whole thing, so go easy please, there are no hidden agenda's here

How bad can this "flappable flowtest version in digital form" be if the game designer is telling everybody how well it plays in digital form???

Obviously I wasnt serious about you releasing the actual flow test. Just in future as a selling tool it may help with pre-orders - especially as some people are getting wary of putting down large sums of cash sight unseen. Just an idea. Of course it goes without saying the feel is different than the real thing, but if its good enough to design it.....

The ideal scenario is we all get to play the real thing before spending any cash..........

#205 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Was just saying it may help with pre-orders - especially as some people are getting wary of putting down large sums of cash sight unseen. Just an idea. Of course it goes without saying the feel is different than the real thing, but Pinball Arcade is pretty good.
The ideal scenario is we all get to play the real thing before spending any cash..........

Oh, I totally agree with you on the risks you mention of pre-orders, I personally dont really agree with them, a lot of us have been burnt on buying pins 'sight unseen' (Ive had a couple myself) - and its always a tricky one.

I very nearly went for a TWD LE but bottled it at the last minute as at about £8k UK sterling and without having barely seen a thing about the machine I decided the risk was too high - it means if i turn out to love it Ive probably missed out on a couple of features id of liked, but thats life.

Ive owned 2 x Met Pro and Met LE, and still got a Pro so Im not really one for worrying about the LE plaques etc and unless the game features themselves are massively different Im happy now to just wait it out and get the non-LE version.

Its tricky with Aliens, as Im thinking of getting one myself (Andy - Im expecting a staff discount type thing! ) and while Im not so worried about having an LE those beacons look seriously cool and 'could' maybe sway me to break my own recently enforced (No pre orders) rule, unless we're selling them separate too, which i honestly dont yet know the answer to.

Pinball arcade is very good, I just found it dulled my appetite for certain titles a little, probably spent too much time on it when Im supposed to be working

#206 3 years ago
Quoted from simon:

I very nearly went for a TWD LE but bottled it at the last minute as at about £8k UK sterling and without having barely seen a thing about the machine I decided the risk was too high

Exactly the same experience here...but I'm glad I cancelled with what's coming between Heighway and DP.

I love that the LE tweaks Heighway are offering are mostly cosmetic - takes the urgency out of it for people that just want a game to play, yet still appeals to collectors if they want it to be limited.

#207 3 years ago

Since the Heighway team is checking this & to help everyone else, I have a few questions. For us basement arcade guys, any idea on the height of the LE with topper/beacons? Also, can it be confirmed that beacons, fibre optic ramps, etc. can be added to the standard model later as a mod/addition (will code be compatible unlike Tron LE), for those that may desire FT & swap this in? Thanks

#208 3 years ago

Just heard from Andrew and I'm sending my form in. Btw, I am requesting a LE with the silver metal version of the cab metal trim and not lime green. Just gotta fill that info out on the form

Jim

#209 3 years ago

I have to send my form today and will be making the same request for silver metal trim and legs.

#210 3 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I hear ya, but it would be so out of place next to a line of pins....

That may be a good thing to anyone looking for a new/unique machine. As long as it can avoid looking cheap, it won't be such an issue. Obviously a 100% thin plastic back box screams " I'm a cheap toy".

#211 3 years ago

Is there poop in your game. Lots of poop for youuuuuu!

#212 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I dunno Rob. Yellow beacons and color changing ramps....
Imagine the beacons lighting up, smoke mod going and countdown voice.
"2 minutes to reach minimal safe distance."
GODDAMIT! Now I'm starting to talk myself into this title!!

An "escape the ship" mode like this would be sick.

#213 3 years ago

I'm in. Going to look great next to predator.

#214 3 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

I'm in. Going to look great next to Predator.

would be even better if Heighway and SkitB talked to each other and allowed an aliens Vs predator link.

#215 3 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

would be even better if Heighway and SkitB talked to each other and allowed an aliens Vs Predator link.

I may not be a super tekky genius type.. But as theyre using different board sets/technology would that not be a little unrealistic?

Theyre also I would imagine competitors in business terms, did Sega/DE/Stern and Bally/Williams combine on anything, out of interest?

#216 3 years ago

I want to be in (and husband REALLY wants to be in) but after the long wait and being paid in full on Predator, we're going to have to hold off for now. We'll probably pick up a regular run once they're in production and our pin fund isn't totally empty as it is now. I'm hoping the beacons and fiber optics will be able to be added on later or other mods come out.

#217 3 years ago
Quoted from the_one:

Just thinking to jump on the train, especially that game would look great next to Predator.
But as the Predator still haven't been delivered yet, and there is a huge silence from SkitB I hesitate to spent the next couple of thousand dollars without a detailed plan. I know, different people, different company, different story, but ....
Are you sure they can held April 2015? Guys, that's just 5 months, so from my point of view the game should be now more or less right in front of the assembly line. I don't believe that. If they could really I guess it will be delivered much earlier than Predator where I jumped on the train from day 1 onwards.

Check out Andrew's presentation from EXPO. He is fast and has a track record of getting things done. I believe he got 251 custom pinball machines created and shipped to Bacardi in less than 6 months. He may be off by a month or two, but not much more.

Jim
Full Throttle #3
Alien #3

#218 3 years ago
Quoted from simon:

I may not be a super tekky genius type.. But as theyre using different board sets/technology would that not be a little unrealistic?
Theyre also I would imagine competitors in business terms, did Sega/DE/Stern and Bally/Williams combine on anything, out of interest?

depends on the level of interaction. If they both have web access it would be no harder than playing clash of clans on an iphone and a nokia.

#219 3 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

depends on the level of interaction. If they both have web access it would be no harder than playing clash of clans on an iphone and a nokia.

I dont know much about clash of clans, but surely it originates from the one developer/company, and is coded to work on various hardware, just like a pc game is or whatever?
In which case your still talking about 2 different developers who may or may not be using the same software coding processes and the like, and who may or my not want to work together and have loads of extra costs/effort added to machines they're producing and have already made public the prices of.

I have a feeling it would be a lot harder than playing clash of clans on two different types of phones..

Am guessing your not going to buy an alien pinball then phil?

#220 3 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

I want to be in (and husband REALLY wants to be in) but after the long wait and being paid in full on Predator, we're going to have to hold off for now. We'll probably pick up a regular run once they're in production and our pin fund isn't totally empty as it is now. I'm hoping the beacons and fiber optics will be able to be added on later or other mods come out.

Yeah, I'm hoping too. I'll wait this one out as I am completely out of space now. Then again there is always that third bathroom we hardly use....

Hmmm....

#221 3 years ago

We're out of money AND space, but we've measured (because we're stupid enough to do it) and the large walk-in closet attached to the theater (right behind the wall of Alien stuff) would indeed hold a widebody Alien pinball machine. No idea where the stuff currently in there would go, but we'll deal with that later if need be. lol If that ever happens, it will be completely converted into an Alien nest with decorations and proper lighting. Although I also think it will look awesome next to Predator, and there's not room for both. Decisions, decisions.

#222 3 years ago

Well, the good thing is if you bit the bullet for an Alien, your space issues will be better managed in the future with new playfields for the heighway system at least.

#223 3 years ago

I'm certainly interested and have some cash and space for it, but I'm waiting for sure. I'm not worried at all about availability. I would want the silver trim and am certain that the beacons and fiber optics could be added later either through a Heighway offering or another source (if the game is truly a hit and many units are sold). I like keeping my powder dry until a real game is about ready to ship. No worries here.

#224 3 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

We're out of money AND space, but we've measured (because we're stupid enough to do it) and the large walk-in closet attached to the theater (right behind the wall of Alien stuff) would indeed hold a widebody Alien pinball machine.

When you don't let lack of money or space get in the way of a new pinball machine, it's pretty much a sure sign you're going to get, so you might as well put the preorder in now.

#225 3 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

We're out of money AND space, but we've measured (because we're stupid enough to do it) and the large walk-in closet attached to the theater (right behind the wall of Alien stuff) would indeed hold a widebody Alien pinball machine. No idea where the stuff currently in there would go, but we'll deal with that later if need be. lol If that ever happens, it will be completely converted into an Alien nest with decorations and proper lighting. Although I also think it will look awesome next to Predator, and there's not room for both. Decisions, decisions.

Who needs closet space for stupid stuff like clothes and shoes when you can have an Alien's nest with a pinball machine in there?

#226 3 years ago

hehehe

#227 3 years ago

I decided on the FT and adding the Alien Playfield. I have a Manx TT racing game so it fits my room for that to be the base. Plus I loved FT and want to play it as soon as possible. Love that I can just add the Alien later. These guys rock!!!

#228 3 years ago

I need to make more money to be able to afford shit like this. If I moved out of NJ, I'd be able to do it I'm sure.

#229 3 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Love that I can just add the Alien later. These guys rock!!!

I like this approach and well. I've always hated selling games and the pain of moving them. With this we can keep our old games and swap out at a fraction of the cost with a new game, keeping the cabinet and then swap back when we are ready get that old game back in the lineup again. More games with less space and money.

#230 3 years ago

Blondetall, if you do go the Alien's nest route (which wouldn't shock me, given your Portal room) I have an awesome idea for you.

Leave the door on the closet and mount a xenomorph head on the opposite side that screams and spits water when you open it, you know, for "guests". I'll even design the circuit board for it that operates everything (arduino controlled opto-isolator light sensor trigger, servo for a water gun, audio playback via cheap audio recorder unit with an LM386 audio amp + speaker mounted in mouth of Alien head).

Make sure you have a camera going too for reactions. First person to crap themselves wins this:

shirt.jpg

#231 3 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

First person to crap themselves wins this

Who is "Blonetall"??

#232 3 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

Who needs closet space for stupid stuff like clothes and shoes when you can have an Alien's nest with a pinball machine in there?

I totally agree normally, but this closet holds no clothes/shoes. It has lots and lots of theater equipment, video games, comic books, nerd stuff, Playboys, Nerf guns, etc.

image-332.jpg
image-380.jpg

#233 3 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Who is "Blonetall"??

Oh give me a break!! hahaha. I'm blonde too. That is what you get when you spend all of 2 minutes photoshopping something.

#234 3 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

I'll even design a circuit board for you that operates everything (arduino controlled opto-isolator light sensor trigger, servo for a water gun, audio playback via cheap audio recorder unit with an LM386 audio amp + speaker mounted in mouth of Alien head).
Make sure you have a camera going too for reactions.KB

Man, if you can do this please start selling! I can't even begin to recount how many times I've desired a motion activated "something", this would be awesome!

#235 3 years ago
Quoted from ozuba:

Man, if you can do this please start selling! I can't even begin to recount how many times I've desired a motion activated "something", this would be awesome!

Tell me what you want/need and I'll make it. It is stupidly easy to do. I've got about 20 atmega168's and xtals sitting around with nothing to do currently. Although Halloween is right around the corner, so I should build something for that. Piezo disc under the welcome mat that triggers audio/lights when stepped on sounds good.

#236 3 years ago

I'm actually surprised it didn't say "blonde tail" since that's how it usually gets screwed up. lol

The water spitting sounds cool, especially when he's already getting this as his main Christmas present:
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/alien-alien-big-chap-sideshow-collectibles-2002331/

(Warning: Do not click that link if you aren't prepared to spend $400 on something awesome you're totally going to want if you want this pin.)

#237 3 years ago
Quoted from blondetall:

I'm actually surprised it didn't say "blonde tail" since that's how it usually gets screwed up. lol
The water spitting sounds cool, especially when he's already getting this as his main Christmas present:
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/alien-alien-big-chap-sideshow-collectibles-2002331/
(Warning: Do not click that link if you aren't prepared to spend $400 on something awesome you're totally going to want if you want this pin.)

That is amazing. I'm a huge Giger nerd, so I wouldn't think twice about spending $400 on something like that. That needs to be displayed somewhere though. I was thinking more like cheap toy.

#238 3 years ago

Yeah, he's already got a spot on the Alien wall/bookcase ready for it. We got the limited edition, but I think the only difference is it has a number on it. I'm sure we could find something else to spit water. First, I've got to afford the machine. lol

#239 3 years ago

Back on topic of this pinball machine though.

Maybe IT could have an alien topper that spits at you and screams?

#240 3 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

That is amazing. I'm a huge Giger nerd, so I wouldn't think twice about spending $400 on something like that. That needs to be displayed somewhere though. I was thinking more like cheap toy.

it should pop out of the middle of the playfield when you loose...

"game over, man"

alien-gameover-1.gif

#241 3 years ago

I was going to be Bill Paxton from Aliens for Halloween because I slightly resemble him, but decided on cardboard box tin foil robot last minute because my 2 year old son is going to be a robot. Gotta make a run to Lowes after work for the arms and legs (dryer ventilation tubes).

#242 3 years ago

IMG_3518.JPG

#243 3 years ago

On another note, I think we have reached some sort of milestone here on Pinside.... A thread with more than 1 page that doesn't have anyone fighting on it.

Xenomorphs: Keeping the civility.

alien copy.JPG

#244 3 years ago

Blondtall is right click on that link and there could be trouble, I started collecting statues from Sideshow around 2 years ago and its almost as addictive as Pinball.

DSC01131.JPG DSC01132.JPG DSC01133.JPG DSC01134.JPG DSC01135.JPG DSC01136.JPG
#245 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Blondtall is right click on that link and there could be trouble, I started collecting statues from Sideshow around 2 years ago and its almost as addictive as Pinball.

DSC01132.JPG 124 KB

DSC01133.JPG 156 KB

DSC01131.JPG 192 KB

DSC01134.JPG 195 KB

DSC01135.JPG 124 KB

DSC01136.JPG 96 KB

Wow, these are all yours? Very cool collection! How expensive are some of these?

#246 3 years ago

Yeah, they all fall in the 300 to 400 hundred dollar category, but some life sized models are $8000+ I have started buying the dinosaur models which are very cool and The Court Of the Dead series as well. I have this Vader figure coming any day know. One of the great things is that you can pay in installments over several months so its not a big hit to the CC, 60 or 70$ a month.

100076-darth-vader-deluxe-012.jpg

#247 3 years ago

I'll admit it. I making a deposit, its fully refundable and ive like everything ive heard. If its not what i want, i can back out. But for now, once my deposit payment goes solid, ive got Alien LE #13

#248 3 years ago

That one you have with Vader on Mustafar (I'm assuming) is pretty cool.

#249 3 years ago

Yeah it comes with several different heads but this one with Anakin from the original series looks the coolest by far, need to light it up.

#250 3 years ago

Coast2Coast pinball podcast discusses Heighway and Alien. Starts around the 10 minute mark.

http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/episode-117-echoes-from-expo-part-2-or-wrath-of-atomic-madness_29096

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, VIC
$ 89.00
Cabinet Parts
Pappy's Pinball Palace
$ 30.40
$ 109.00
$ 14.95
$ 15.00
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 139.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 59.99
Hardware
Chroma Pinball
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 68.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 55.00
Lighting - Interactive
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 445.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 5,699.99
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 6.00
Electronics
German-Pinball-Modular
There are 22740 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 455.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside