pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 499 of 601.
#24901 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

The final tests are done.
This is what it looks like now, when the acrylic glass panels are installed.
Please consider that the LED-stripe must be laid differently so that the translite is optimally illuminated.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

A must have it seems. I would be in as well ! Tks for sharing

#24902 4 years ago
Quoted from cyber-greg:

At home, in France, they have not yet understood that it was a pinball of great quality and extraordinary. it's a great game, with an interesting story, and an amazing community, I've never seen that before in the pinball community.

I was lucky that someone sold his to me

#24903 4 years ago

Hello,

the first batch is a limited edition with a production of only 10 sets.
These first sets will only be sold in Germany.
If one or more sets remain, I can offer them here.
If the sets are sold out, I might be able to do a small series later again.
The orders are still expected until Friday, only then it is clear how many sets are actually sold and how many can perhaps be sent to the USA or in other countries.

If someone is interessted in a set, please send me a message .
I will respond to you if there's a set available or not.

regards
Averell

#24904 4 years ago

I hope you can ship outside of Germany soon.

#24905 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

The final tests are done.
This is what it looks like now, when the acrylic glass panels are installed.
Please consider that the LED-stripe must be laid differently so that the translite is optimally illuminated.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Killer! Got to have, let me know if you sell them! Great work!

#24906 4 years ago

My Xeno tongue came off again with the ball haha. So I guess I will do what another user said and apply some hot glue. While Im at it I may add some lube to that Xeno tongue. Has anyone made a nice wedge for the ball launcher to use instead of using a couple old washers? Something more permanent to angle it up a bit?

#24907 4 years ago

Interested in the speaker holders as well, but guess I have to wait and see.

#24908 4 years ago

I assembled a few Alien backboxes on the factory floor and while snaking the LED strip around the inside and around the speaker boxes it didn't once occur to me that there was a better option. The community are always smarter than the average game design team.

#24909 4 years ago

In my opinion the Backbox design was made like that because there was planned an option between the panels.
Maybe something similar to a DMD to use the same parts further more?

#24910 4 years ago

Originally, there was the option of having a small LCD screen between the speakers. option available on full throttle but not alien

#24911 4 years ago

Hey guys so after replacing the IO board the two back eggs are working better. They still flash when I first boot up the machine and during gameplay they are 100% fine. But its very rarely maybe once every couple minutes they will flash or be out of sync. Do you think it could still be the pCb board? My tech is convinced its a software issue
THanks

#24912 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hey guys so after replacing the IO board the two back eggs are working better. They still flash when I first boot up the machine and during gameplay they are 100% fine. But its very rarely maybe once every couple minutes they will flash or be out of sync. Do you think it could still be the pCb board? My tech is convinced its a software issue
THanks

I would say more likely you're dealing with a flaky bulb or trace.. the bulbs are serial, so likely an issue in the chain prior to the left/right top jet series. Take a look at http://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Heighway_Pinball_Repair#Lamp_Matrix and maybe try swapping out some of the bulbs prior to the jet bumpers and see if it helps.

I would bet that replacing the I/O board is a red herring, and more likely you manipulated some light or trace to behave differently when messing around in that area.

#24913 4 years ago

Hey guys my Xeno tongue magnet fell off and I hot glued it three times and it’s still fallling
Off any other advice ?
Ok I bent it too much now from trying and it’s all deformed does anyone know where I czn get replacement ?

So now Im down to only three problems! 1) the magnet fell off from tongue 2) the airlock can't get two balls out when they are in there, it just keeps trying and trying then gives up 3) the flickering eggs, I think you guys are right its that G1 light that flickers, Ill have my tech look at it.

But man, I changed the balls to new ones, and polished the playfield a bit, what a worlds of difference! I can make every shot now and its like smooth! The new balls are heavier then the ones that came w/ the machine too. I think that has helped a lot.

#24914 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hey guys my Xeno tongue magnet fell off and I hot glued it three times and it’s still fallling
Off any other advice ?
Ok I bent it too much now from trying and it’s all deformed does anyone know where I czn get replacement ?
So now Im down to only three problems! 1) the magnet fell off from tongue 2) the airlock can't get two balls out when they are in there, it just keeps trying and trying then gives up 3) the flickering eggs, I think you guys are right its that G1 light that flickers, Ill have my tech look at it.
But man, I changed the balls to new ones, and polished the playfield a bit, what a worlds of difference! I can make every shot now and its like smooth! The new balls are heavier then the ones that came w/ the machine too. I think that has helped a lot.

I have my old head I was going to sell if you cannot find any other source. Not gonna part it out unless someone else wants the shell for a custom paint job.

Also, what kind of plugs do the boards on these use? Need to order some for my new jaw/tongue pcb as well as the new drop target.

#24915 4 years ago
Quoted from dung:

I have my old head I was going to sell if you cannot find any other source. Not gonna part it out unless someone else wants the shell for a custom paint job.
Also, what kind of plugs do the boards on these use? Need to order some for my new jaw/tongue pcb as well as the new drop target.

That’s cool If no one else wants please let me know but how do I fix it to the tongue ? Should I try gorilla glue instead ?

#24916 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Should I try gorilla glue instead ?

I would go directly to epoxy. First I'd clean and rough up the surface I was going to adhere the magnet to. I've had personal experience with three Alien machines and have not seen a magnet fall off. Must have been a bad day at the factory (I imagine that there were many....)

ddt

#24917 4 years ago

2 part epoxy should hold it.

#24918 4 years ago

Hello,

I still have 5 sets left for the US market. With shipping one pair costs 160 dollars.
If you are still interested please write me a private message with the recipient address.
I will then send the bank details.
The production will start next Friday and will take 10 days.
Then the sets can be send directly.

DSCN6937 (resized).JPGDSCN6937 (resized).JPG

#24919 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Hello,
I still have 5 sets left for the US market. With shipping one pair costs 160 dollars.
If you are still interested please write me a private message with the recipient address.
I will then send the bank details.
The production will start next Friday and will take 10 days.
Then the sets can be send directly.
[quoted image]

I'll take a set but will you ship to Canada?

QSS

#24920 4 years ago

Game over, Man, Game over

All the panels are sold now and I have to produce some more as I expected.
Thank you all for your trust and you can believe me I try my best to ensure good quality, a fast production and a quick delivery.

All the sets will have engraved a number to proof the limited edition.

regards
Averell

#24921 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Thank you all for your trust and you can believe me I try my best to ensure good quality, a fast production and a quick delivery.
regards
Averell

Wow
Then I have a super LE.

Thanks for your great work!
Udo

#24922 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

regards
Averell

this looks good but not cheap for plastic brackets (I feel broke with all the money I've aleady spent on spare parts ).
I wonder if it's possible to just re-route the LED stripes to the front and what it should look like. I might make some tests in the future for that (not top priority now)
tks for sharing.

#24923 4 years ago

Man Im telling you cleaning my playfield and getting new balls has changed my Alien machine. Its like crazy awesome now. I had so far 10 flawless games, everything worked, no launch problems, no light problems, smooth, fast, awesome sounding. I put some electrical black tape near the launcher where the ball hits the side wall, no more bouncing back into the trough! Im back baby, Im back!

c32f19b2ec910d689a64fd6d72682488 (resized).jpgc32f19b2ec910d689a64fd6d72682488 (resized).jpg
#24924 4 years ago

Guys we are close to page 500 !
Here since 495 ish. (Still a newbye)
Great success for a chat for sure with mitigate success for the delivery.

The thread name is wrong: Alien story continues...
Let’s celebrate

#24925 4 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

this looks good but not cheap for plastic brackets (I feel broke with all the money I've aleady spent on spare parts ).
I wonder if it's possible to just re-route the LED stripes to the front and what it should look like. I might make some tests in the future for that (not top priority now)
tks for sharing.

This is *NOT* a plastic bracket .. it is 3 layers of PETG or acrylic, lasercuted, milted and drilled. Than glued to the form of the original bracket exactly 1to1 ...... so nothing with "plastic" and diy in this form for a hand full of Euros ! Sometimes it is better to write nothing.
Forget about re-route the LED.

Sorry, just my 5 cent ...

#24926 4 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

This is *NOT* a plastic bracket .. it is 3 layers of PETG or acrylic, lasercuted, milted and drilled. Than glued to the form of the original bracket exactly 1 to 1 in size ...... so nothing with "plastic" and diy in this form for a hand full of Euros ! Sometimes it is better to write nothing.

#24927 4 years ago

Well, I offered you a set because you wanted one and there I was already above the amount that was originally to be produced.
Now you wonder about the costs... as TomDK replied, it's not only the material and the process, first you have to create a model and do exact measuring to guarantee, that the parts will fit properly.
This took hours of work and the glueing process itself will take a day for only one pair of these parts.
In this calculating is still missing the costs for packaging and the time to prepare for delivery.
The purpose was to make this extraordinary pinball machine even more unique and perfect.
The people who will get such a set can be happy to appreciate it.
But don't worry, today the last pair of this unique parts was sold and from my side there will never be a reproduction again!

#24928 4 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

This is *NOT* a plastic bracket .. it is 3 layers of PETG or acrylic, lasercuted, milted and drilled. Than glued to the form of the original bracket exactly 1to1 ...... so nothing with "plastic" and diy in this form for a hand full of Euros ! Sometimes it is better to write nothing.

Yes ok no pb. It’s cool.
I m working on the automotive for 15 years and in the plant so I know the process.

Everything is cool with this product ...
Already said it. Now if we can not share any thoughts, yes you’re right, i’ m done here.

#24929 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

But don't worry, today the last pair of this unique parts was sold and from my side there will never be a reproduction again!

If we missed the ordering window yesterday, that's the end of it?

#24930 4 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

If we missed the ordering window yesterday, that's the end of it?

Jesus if anyone deserves a pair it's ferret.

If I had ordered one you could take mine....

#24931 4 years ago

Our frenchy noitbe1 will make you a set for 10 bucks former ashtray from a Citroen car

Maybe Averell has a chance to make a set more or use the prototype ... if there is a unused prototype I would take it and pass my set to Ferret.

#24932 4 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Our frenchy noitbe1 will make you a set for 10 bucks former ashtray from a Citroen car
Maybe Averell has a chance to make a set more or use the prototype ... if there is a unused prototype I would take it and pass my set to Ferret.

I think you made your point as en expert with PETG not being a plastic (just check on what floating on the ocean right now)... Sure that when you buy a BMW, you know what you buy.

#24933 4 years ago

To TomDK.
I didn’t remember being disrespectfull to you, that is not your case.
This is a hobby forum (at least I thought it was...) so you might relax with your bracket and move on...

#24934 4 years ago

Thanks for all backers, I received all payments just in time and now let's go!

#24935 4 years ago

The new Jurassic Park Loos pretty good, nice to see another toy that eats the ball!

#24936 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

The new Jurassic Park Loos pretty good, nice to see another toy that eats the ball!

I dont know.. I think Ill wait on that one. The art work doesn't impress me, and no clips from movie. I also dont like that look of that cheapy truck with the balls sticking out. But, hey, need to see the play video on Monday! Back to Alien!

#24937 4 years ago

Can anybody tell me where the knocker is left?
Why was it removed?
Is there still an option to activate it?

1564166228129 (resized).png1564166228129 (resized).png

#24938 4 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

To TomDK.
I didn’t remember being disrespectfull to you, that is not your case.
This is a hobby forum (at least I thought it was...) so you might relax with your bracket and move on...

You are right .. I am sorry !

#24939 4 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

You are right .. I am sorry !

Let’s shake hands

#24940 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Can anybody tell me where the knocker is left?
Why was it removed?
Is there still an option to activate it?

The physical knocker was removed late in production. It was replaced by a sound effect.

Yes, the 1.2 code still supports the real knocker. There's an adjustment "Knocker Sound" in the system menu: change it from YES to NO and it will use the solenoid again.

#24941 4 years ago

Very interesting information... thank you.
Is this assembly available somewhere?
This should have a low power coil?

I'm searching for this.

321a (resized).jpg321a (resized).jpg

#24942 4 years ago

I cleaned and waxed playfield but what is best way to get rid of these marks ?

0C0AAE18-1452-49D7-8568-816342BB3C4A (resized).jpeg0C0AAE18-1452-49D7-8568-816342BB3C4A (resized).jpeg9D40E2E9-D351-4077-BF08-EEDFB337D44E (resized).jpeg9D40E2E9-D351-4077-BF08-EEDFB337D44E (resized).jpeg
#24943 4 years ago

Epoxy working so far thanks guys !

D3C67806-9337-47E3-AE1D-9A6C2A43A88C (resized).jpegD3C67806-9337-47E3-AE1D-9A6C2A43A88C (resized).jpeg
#24944 4 years ago

And here's the first pair in the final version.

IMG_5191 (resized).jpgIMG_5191 (resized).jpg

#24945 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Epoxy working so far thanks guys ![quoted image]

Magnet works great ! But now ball keeps hitting lower jaw ! What the heck man

#24946 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

And here's the first pair in the final version.

Bummed that i missed out on these, will you be running another batch?

#24947 4 years ago

Man I tried updating my new io board to ver .9 and now I get this does anyone know what to do ? Put back the old io board ?
6E457FF2-D3DC-490A-8311-FC32FB595DFA (resized).jpeg6E457FF2-D3DC-490A-8311-FC32FB595DFA (resized).jpeg

#24948 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Man I tried updating my new io board to ver .9 and now I get this does anyone know what to do ? Put back the old io board ?
[quoted image]

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/search?s=1&q=heighway+login&include_basement=0#results

As far as I understood a re-install would be helpfull *AFTER* you tried some reboots !

#24949 4 years ago

OK so I've seen what..... 4-5 Aliens go on sale in the last few weeks.

What gives? Is there a chance that it'll get remade so everyone is bailing before the announcement?

#24950 4 years ago

What was the "insider" rumour "Pinball Brothers Alien" all about? ... a few weeks ago. I never heard the specifics.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

9,799 (OBO)
There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 499 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/499?hl=cyber-greg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.