zKszZMu.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2530 (resized).jpg
IMG_2529 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 496 of 601.
#24751 4 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

Soooo everyone heard the big Kaneda news leak right? Pinball Bros made a deal with Chicago Gaming Company. Their first liscensed title, gonna be Alien in a bally widebody Cabinet. Ferret, what’s the word?
He needs to make a shirt “Kaneada was right.”

If this ends up true, then there’d be almost nothing stopping TBL from being remade.

-DP can contract CGC to make games.
-DP can wipe their hands of this & sell the IP to Pinball Bros. or CGC to remake the game. CGC already has licensing deals with Universal (Monster Bash)...Universal holds the TBL rights.

#24752 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Did you make a claim as a creditor during the bankruptcy?

That's the rub. Andrew's negligence put me in a position where the 'employment' was never made official. Never got so much as a contract from Andrew. Employment rights groups like ACAS couldn't do a thing about it for that reason, but the tax branch, the HMRC, knows ALL about it (Andrew tried to pass me off as a 'volunteer'). I won't say a bad word about Pinball Bros; there was an agreeable reimbursement plan in place after they took over, and we did our best to make it work as flexibly as we can but in order to go through official channels, the money had to come from the company itself - I couldn't simply be paid off privately - and despite all the extra investment that went into trying to getting workable machines out of door, there wasn't enough left of the company to make it work in the long run.

Quoted from Rarehero:

If you don’t own the IP, no one is obligated to tell you anything.

Surely they are if the deal involves manufacturing based on work and files that at present, don't belong to them because of what Andrew did. I need to chase up on this - I would have done so before but my life since the company closed has been one state of utter shit after another - family members dying, relying on community charity to avoid becoming homeless, serious mental health deterioration, shunted from one department to another and falling through the cracks in the system - with no let up and no real support to get me through it. The situation has got so bad through an utter inability to cope that I've been served with a section 21 notice this week on top of everything else.

Please don't misunderstand me though - despite all the bad memories I'd be delighted to see the game go back into production and see some proper closure on the whole affair with everyone happy, and the last thing I'd want to do is jeapordise that.

#24753 4 years ago

I heard the kaneda podcast and TBL is def happening but I missed the part where pinball brothers made a deal with CGC. I think he was saying since TBL turned out to be true, alien would be as well.

#24754 4 years ago
Quoted from megaladon:

For the Alien community! I was brave enough to pull the plastic backboard off. Going to Find a place they can scan it in. You can see where the corner right side is cracked maybe you can clean up digitally?[quoted image][quoted image]

I'm in for one if they'd be willing to make 2...mine took a ball hit early in same spot and has a chip up there...PETG there too, hopefully, as that piece is also acrylic.

#24755 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Hello guys,
is the apron an own product from Heighway Pinball or is it similar or same to other manufacturer like STERN or JJP?
Is there any chance to get that apron made of metal?

Similar but not the same. I've got one at my local machine shop now on his slow "to do" list. Will be metal w inserts cut for lighting....

#24756 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'm in for one if they'd be willing to make 2...mine took a ball hit early in same spot and has a chip up there...PETG there too, hopefully, as that piece is also acrylic.

So this piece is 23 inches long most scanners are only 17 inches long. I might’ve found somebody with a 24 inch scanner but he hasn’t contacted me yet. At this point is it even worth it if the game is going to be remade and hopefully plastics be available? Any validity in that? anybody really think it’s gonna happen?

#24757 4 years ago
Quoted from megaladon:

So this piece is 23 inches long most scanners are only 17 inches long. I might’ve found somebody with a 24 inch scanner but he hasn’t contacted me yet. At this point is it even worth it if the game is going to be remade and hopefully plastics be available? Any validity in that? anybody really think it’s gonna happen?

Doubtful, the rumor was that it was going to be announced awhile ago, and then no announcement.

#24758 4 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

That's the rub. Andrew's negligence put me in a position where the 'employment' was never made official. Never got so much as a contract from Andrew. Employment rights groups like ACAS couldn't do a thing about it for that reason, but the tax branch, the HMRC, knows ALL about it (Andrew tried to pass me off as a 'volunteer'). I won't say a bad word about Pinball Bros; there was an agreeable reimbursement plan in place after they took over, and we did our best to make it work as flexibly as we can but in order to go through official channels, the money had to come from the company itself - I couldn't simply be paid off privately - and despite all the extra investment that went into trying to getting workable machines out of door, there wasn't enough left of the company to make it work in the long run.

Surely they are if the deal involves manufacturing based on work and files that at present, don't belong to them because of what Andrew did. I need to chase up on this - I would have done so before but my life since the company closed has been one state of utter shit after another - family members dying, relying on community charity to avoid becoming homeless, serious mental health deterioration, shunted from one department to another and falling through the cracks in the system - with no let up and no real support to get me through it. The situation has got so bad through an utter inability to cope that I've been served with a section 21 notice this week on top of everything else.
Please don't misunderstand me though - despite all the bad memories I'd be delighted to see the game go back into production and see some proper closure on the whole affair with everyone happy, and the last thing I'd want to do is jeapordise that.

I'd venture if you've got nothing in writing in terms of a contract then you've probably got no more say over what you did on the pin than I would if I claimed I did something. Did you have anything in writing regards this reimbursement plan from PB, or was it another gentleman's agreement sort of affair?

Perhaps if you have a contract with PB for this reimbursement it shows at least that there is a relationship between you, them and the pin. As to what weight that has in terms of them selling it to CGC or whatever, it's hard to say. The devil as with any contract will be in the detail.

The elephant in the room with all of this is Fox. Is it likely that they would give a CGC Alien their blessing - which would absolutely be necessary - after what they experienced with Heighway/Pinball Brothers?

#24759 4 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

The elephant in the room with all of this is Fox. Is it likely that they would give a CGC Alien their blessing - which would absolutely be necessary - after what they experienced with Heighway/Pinball Brothers?

Fox no longer owns Alien franchise, Disney does.

#24760 4 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

I'd venture if you've got nothing in writing in terms of a contract then you've probably got no more say over what you did on the pin than I would if I claimed I did something. Did you have anything in writing regards this reimbursement plan from PB, or was it another gentleman's agreement sort of affair?
Perhaps if you have a contract with PB for this reimbursement it shows at least that there is a relationship between you, them and the pin. As to what weight that has in terms of them selling it to CGC or whatever, it's hard to say. The devil as with any contract will be in the detail.

There was a written contract with PB, yes.

#24761 4 years ago
Quoted from megaladon:

For the Alien community! I was brave enough to pull the plastic backboard off. Going to Find a place they can scan it in.

That's going to look like shit FYI. I did the best I could with stills, but they're pretty low rez for print, and then they're converted from RGB to CMYK and dithered onto the plastic. A scan will look pretty iffy, and printing the result of that scan will be even worse.

Find a reputable shop that can print the plastics and will be willing to provide them anyone who wants to buy them and I'm sure there's a way the original file will surface.

#24762 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

That's going to look like shit FYI. I did the best I could with stills, but they're pretty low rez for print, and then they're converted from RGB to CMYK and dithered onto the plastic. A scan will look pretty iffy, and printing the result of that scan will be even worse.
Find a reputable shop that can print the plastics and will be willing to provide them anyone who wants to buy them and I'm sure there's a way the original file will surface.

"there's a way the original file will surface"

Wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

QSS

#24763 4 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

"there's a way the original file will surface"
Wink, wink, nudge, nudge.
QSS

You think? Yeah I would be amazing if the original art was available.

#24764 4 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

I'd venture if you've got nothing in writing in terms of a contract then you've probably got no more say over what you did on the pin than I would if I claimed I did something.

I have plenty of evidence of dealings with Andrew and the unpaid work I did on his behalf, going back a long time. It hasn't been disclosed before as I didn't want a pointless battle on my hands that I wouldn't have been strong enough to cope with and got nothing out of. I trust PB, they know the fragile state I'm in, but if this unconfirmed deal really does go ahead and it looks like I might get screwed once again because of what the company founder did - not just to me, but to them - I'll have nothing left to lose in deploying it. It may well turn out to be the only way of getting the mental health services to finally pay some proper goddamn attention to me.

#24765 4 years ago

I have plenty of evidence of dealings with Andrew and the unpaid work I did on his behalf, going back a long time. It hasn't been disclosed before as I didn't want a pointless battle on my hands that I wouldn't have been strong enough to cope with and got nothing out of

well... now you know? Not sure why you went through the point of working with the government agencies on the topic, but then still 'held back' as they rejected you? By now I hope you see the importance of getting thing in the clear and on the record... so even as things don't pay off 'now', you are set and in position for whatever future moves might come.

At the end of the day, you're making claims against a defunct business. If you didn't get your hands in the jar when the assets were moved around... you're likely SOL without a much greater civil suit to fight. Now you're trying to fight back through several 'gates' to prove things... instead of fighting just one issue with one party.

The delay in action was not in your favor.

#24767 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

well... now you know? Not sure why you went through the point of working with the government agencies on the topic, but then still 'held back' as they rejected you?

I didn't, that's the other point. The HMRC was pushing right up till the company went down with a reimbursement figure they had worked out based on 'minimum wage'.

Also the most I could have possibly got from a creditor claim was eight week's worth of similar minimum wage out of a period of five years. That would have also buggered me up in other areas since I'm disabled, and at the same time was having to deal with considerable delays in the changeover of other financial government assistance that would have cancelled immediately had my status changed to 'formerly employed', leaving me way worse off in any case. Plus the unpaid work would no doubt have become official company assets as a consequence.

I don't think you're seeing the sheer lose/lose position I was in, a situation Andrew had engineered well ahead in advance when I couldn't do a sodding thing about it.

#24768 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I am surprised the files have not just leaked already, ... just to help the hobby, ... and flip-the-bird to Andrew.

A truly reputable shop, would hesitate at producing items without the proper IP approvals, but a non-reputable shop ...

#24769 4 years ago

I don't think you're seeing the sheer lose/lose position I was in, a situation Andrew had engineered well ahead in advance when I couldn't do a sodding thing about it.

Sounds to me like you made the conscious choice to relinquish your claims in lieu of disruptions to your (then) current situation. I get that it was hard and a 'lose/lose' -- but you keep bringing up your royalty situation or IP ownership as if people continue to wrong you now going forward. But from what you have shared here it sounds more and more like an emotional claim than a practical one. Your rights appear to be chewed up (or at least, incredibly hard to extract..) in the collision of your prior situation, Andrew's actions, the PinBros shuffle, and HWP's dissolution.

It may just fall to 'opportunity lost..' at this point and focusing on what you need to move forward in your life without HWP's past.

#24770 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Sounds to me like you made the conscious choice to relinquish your claims in lieu of disruptions to your (then) current situation. I get that it was hard and a 'lose/lose' -- but you keep bringing up your royalty situation or IP ownership as if people continue to wrong you now going forward. But from what you have shared here it sounds more and more like an emotional claim than a practical one. Your rights appear to be chewed up (or at least, incredibly hard to extract..) in the collision of your prior situation, Andrew's actions, the PinBros shuffle, and HWP's dissolution.
It may just fall to 'opportunity lost..' at this point and focusing on what you need to move forward in your life without HWP's past.

'Emotional claim' would not be an inaccurate description. I'm not saying people *are* wronging me now, I'm talking in hypotheticals but mainly in the past tense. But please, do explain to me how as an ASD person with an entire adult history of overcompensating to the point of sheer burnout through utter self-loathing, I'm expected to simply sweep under the rug five years of my life from 2012 to 2017 being effectively stolen, without mental assistance in 'moving forward', not to mention the near-constant crises since the company went under, which is helping to destroy whatever else I've got left. Consider this a plea for help.

#24771 4 years ago

Lots of things being said here lately. Just wanted to quickly add that this game, Alien Pinball, is amazingly fun, intensely immersive and downright bitchen to play. I thank all of you that have been involved for making the actual physical game what it is!

36C12A21-ACB7-4C77-AA6E-93870258191D (resized).jpeg36C12A21-ACB7-4C77-AA6E-93870258191D (resized).jpeg
#24772 4 years ago

'Emotional claim' would not be an inaccurate description. I'm not saying people *are* wronging me now, I'm talking in hypotheticals. But please, do explain to me how as an ASD person with an entire adult history of overcompensating to the point of sheer burnout through utter self-loathing, I'm expected to simply sweep under the rug five years of my life being effectively stolen, without assistance in 'moving forward'.

It's called 'cutting your losses' and putting energy where new there are new gains to be had.

You talk all determined now.. but it sure sounds like the moment has passed. You can continue to swirl in place and focus on what should have been.. diving deeper as you aren't sustaining the daily needs or put that energy into something that will create a new baseline.

I don't know your life or your individual struggles - but I do know that if you are underwater and just looking DOWN - you'll never climb out either. Make yourself whole day to day.

#24773 4 years ago

I’m going blind playing my Alien in the dark. Can anyone advise on the best way to add some PF illumination? I’ve considered Pinstadium but in the pics I’ve seen appear to ruin the mood.

#24774 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

It's called 'cutting your losses' and putting energy where new there are new gains to be had.
You talk all determined now.. but it sure sounds like the moment has passed. You can continue to swirl in place and focus on what should have been.. diving deeper as you aren't sustaining the daily needs or put that energy into something that will create a new baseline.
I don't know your life or your individual struggles - but I do know that if you are underwater and just looking DOWN - you'll never climb out either. Make yourself whole day to day.

Logical brain does not disagree. Irrational emotional brain on the other hand genuinely has no energy left, cannot hack it on a day to day basis any more, is absolutely terrified and will kick the shit out of me over the slightest little thing that goes wrong.

#24775 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

I’m going blind playing my Alien in the dark. Can anyone advise on the best way to add some PF illumination? I’ve considered Pinstadium but in the pics I’ve seen appear to ruin the mood.

is your pin SE or LE? I have LE now, but when I had an SE I hated the darkness, illuminating the side panels helped a lot.

#24776 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Best way to do it is the illuminated side blades. They provide the best light. Anything more will absolutely rob the game of it's best feature....atmosphere. I see these guys with pinstadiums on alien and I cringe. Literally cringe bc it kills this game and I own pinstadiums on almost every game of mine.... I'm a big supporter but not alien.

Even the trough light I installed I removed. Highway nailed the lightning by you need those side blades

#24777 4 years ago

Dave, I'm very sorry you were not properly compensated for all you did at Heighway.

The only bright side I can see is that you (and the other contributors) brought a couple of excellent pinball machines in FT and Alien into existence. It might not put food on the table, but it is something you can be very proud of and may help offset the feeling of a wasted 5 years.

#24778 4 years ago

Soooo everyone heard the big Kaneda news leak right? Pinball Bros made a deal with Chicago Gaming Company. Their first liscensed title, gonna be Alien in a bally widebody Cabinet. Ferret, what’s the word?
He needs to make a shirt “Kaneada was right.”

I only played it a few times at the Allentown shows but I definitely don’t remember Alien being a widebody game. Interesting...

#24779 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I heard the kaneda podcast and TBL is def happening but I missed the part where pinball brothers made a deal with CGC. I think he was saying since TBL turned out to be true, alien would be as well.

Just to clarify, "TBL is def happening" just means that DP/ARA are finally selling off the ~40 previously produced TBLs that have been sitting in a warehouse for three years, not that there's anything in place to produce new TBLs. So the TBL situation has no clear connection to the Alien situation.

#24780 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Just to clarify, "TBL is def happening" just means that DP/ARA are finally selling off the ~40 previously produced TBLs that have been sitting in a warehouse for three years, not that there's anything in place to produce new TBLs. So the TBL situation has no clear connection to the Alien situation.

And if they were only selling the existing 40 and not producing new pins who would be making parts to support TBL.

#24781 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Yep totally agree but ultimately TBL will be up for sale to the public which it is. I think Chris is now saying since TBL was true alien must be too.

#24782 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yep totally agree but ultimately TBL will be up for sale to the public which it is. I think Chris is now saying since TBL was true alien must be too.

As the proverb goes, "even an insufferable attention-seeking blowhard is (sort of) right twice a day."

#24783 4 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

I only played it a few times at the Allentown shows but I definitely don’t remember Alien being a widebody game. Interesting...

Always has been, from day one, nothing interesting about it.

#24784 4 years ago

So who wants to trade an Alien for a TWD premium pinball refinery edition with topper, color dmd, powder costed everything and pinstaidums amongst 15 other mods. Hit me up I want my second one. This time. One that works. Lol.

#24785 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Best way to do it is the illuminated side blades. They provide the best light. Anything more will absolutely rob the game of it's best feature....atmosphere. I see these guys with pinstadiums on alien and I cringe. Literally cringe bc it kills this game and I own pinstadiums on almost every game of mine.... I'm a big supporter but not alien.
Even the trough light I installed I removed. Highway nailed the lightning by you need those side blades

Good call, how do I score a set? Where did you get yours from?

#24786 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Light it on fire.

#24787 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Check out the most recent Dead Flip video from a few days ago to see how the Pinstadium looks on Alien.

The game was always intended to be dark, but if you prefer it brighter, the Pinstadium solution looks pretty good, and can be adjusted according to taste.

Jack said that the game has no GI. That's not true - there are actually a ton of GI scattered about. Unfortunately most of them are behind steel ball guides, which maybe let out 5% of the light. Some cutouts in the rails would have helped a lot. The design team begged for some spot lamps and flashers but they were never added. A strobe on the xenomorph as it extends and grabs the ball would have been awesome.

#24788 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Always has been, from day one, nothing interesting about it.

Maybe not interesting to you or others but the fact that I played it 5 or 6 times on two different occasions and I didn’t even remember it was a widebody is to me. Ive owned a TZ for over 20 years and don’t recall the additional width on aliens. I guess that could be a compliment to the layout as I normally prefer std width games.

#24789 4 years ago
Quoted from bcd:

The design team begged for some spot lamps and flashers but they were never added. A strobe on the xenomorph as it extends and grabs the ball would have been awesome.

Yeah, to this day I still don't get that one.

#24790 4 years ago
Quoted from bcd:

Check out the most recent Dead Flip video from a few days ago to see how the Pinstadium looks on Alien.
The game was always intended to be dark, but if you prefer it brighter, the Pinstadium solution looks pretty good, and can be adjusted according to taste.
Jack said that the game has no GI. That's not true - there are actually a ton of GI scattered about. Unfortunately most of them are behind steel ball guides, which maybe let out 5% of the light. Some cutouts in the rails would have helped a lot. The design team begged for some spot lamps and flashers but they were never added. A strobe on the xenomorph as it extends and grabs the ball would have been awesome.

Interesting... I'll check out the stream!

#24791 4 years ago

bcd can you confirm if you're updating code for this game?

#24792 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Interesting... I'll check out the stream!

Strobe would be awesome

#24793 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Strobe would be awesome

Would be. Those pinstadium zebra stripes are pretty intense.

#24794 4 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Dave, I'm very sorry you were not properly compensated for all you did at Heighway.
The only bright side I can see is that you (and the other contributors) brought a couple of excellent pinball machines in FT and Alien into existence. It might not put food on the table, but it is something you can be very proud of and may help offset the feeling of a wasted 5 years.

I appreciate the sentiment, I'm glad people are enjoying it. I just wish it meant more to me on a personal level though - last time I tried playing one at a tournament, I couldn't even finish the game without hitting a massive downer that I had to excuse myself from company with.

#24795 4 years ago

Where’s all the info on who’s selling all these new Aliens? I’d be up to buy one, if it really worked and had replacement parts.

Or is this just a bunch of hooey?

#24796 4 years ago
Quoted from bcd:

A strobe on the xenomorph as it extends and grabs the ball would have been awesome.

I've absolutely figured that out, with a working version on my bench. Just slowed a bit as I'm trying to find the correct covers to protect the Xenon tubes during gameplay. Still working through it, and promise to post the parts list once sorted. Truly not that bad....

Did a mock test on the game once with everything in, but no ball in play (as I didn't have protective covers on the tubes)..looked sick!!!!! (blinding like AFM)

#24797 4 years ago

So who wants to trade an Alien for a TWD premium pinball refinery edition with topper, color dmd, powder costed everything and pinstaidums amongst 15 other mods. Hit me up I want my second one. This time. One that works. Lol.

Wow that trade would be off by thousands of dollars, maybe 2 TWD premiums?

#24798 4 years ago

Dave, all that mess is not your fault.
You will become a legend in the world of pinball, right next to all the personalties that inspired you to create this amazing ALIEN pinball machine. You haven't to excuse anything.

#24799 4 years ago

What about these illuminated ramps made of carbon fibre I read about sometimes , are they available or were they an option that never realized?
Are there pictures available or any advice to rebuild this?

#24800 4 years ago

Is it true that this is being remade?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
9,999 (OBO)
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
There are 30,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 496 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/496?hl=extraballz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.