• 26,664 posts
  • 1,030 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Averell
  • Topic is favorited by 273 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,330 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

GetImage (resized).png
IMG_20200510_101339116 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200510_101324215 (resized).jpg
DSCN2939 (resized).JPG
0FDE2B58-AAFA-4D17-BF67-1672EE94B974 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7120 (resized).JPG
IMG_7119 (resized).JPG
IMG_7117 (resized).JPG
IMG_7116 (resized).JPG
IMG_7115 (resized).JPG
IMG_7114 (resized).JPG
IMG_7113 (resized).JPG
Rulesheet_Heighway Pinball - Pinball Brothers_ALIEN_ENG_Rev_1.1_2020-05-02_07-31-48.pdf (PDF preview)
Alien Lamp Matrix - Sheet1.pdf (PDF preview)
DSCN7775 (resized).JPG
DSCN7780 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 26664 posts in this topic. You are on page 495 of 534.
#24701 11 months ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Reduce the strength of the trough eject coil?

Yes I did that, I reduced it all the way

#24702 11 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Yes I did that, I reduced it all the way

Maybe keep messing with trough settings? Any other ideas ?

C386AE46-D590-4461-BB0E-B2D1EDC48CA9 (resized).jpeg
#24703 11 months ago

Now look at this ! Two balls came out of airscoop attaches by a magnet ! Must be the Zeno head magnet I think

052484B2-FC99-40E9-8D96-6E0EDC06AD9B (resized).jpeg
#24704 11 months ago

#24705 11 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Now look at this ! Two balls came out of airscoop attaches by a magnet ! Must be the Zeno head magnet I think[quoted image]

That’s a new one!

#24706 11 months ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

That’s a new one!

It happened to me too. The xeno magnet tongue got loose. No big deal. I hot glue it back and it was fine.
I m still wondering how many games has your Aliens? Mine is played a lot or it’s a secret for any potential resale. Just curious but not got any response.

Reason why: where is Alien lifetime comparing to this: (for instance)

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/documenting-the-life-of-monster-bash-remake-0-plays-

#24707 11 months ago

Seems like I need to take it up a notch in my
Collection need to learn soldering and get a hot glue gun .

#24708 11 months ago

For those who have trouble registering that chestburster shot off the top left flipper I figured out at least on my machine that the power was just too high causing the ball to fly and not register

I lowered the power to the lowest and it's still fast but it registers well now as the speed is a tad slower

#24709 11 months ago

Just curious. My preproduction Heighway cabinet #101 alien has gun turret spinners rather than alien heads. Anyone else have these? Always find it interesting when you see slight changes in games.

4842E1BF-995A-4668-9732-CA12FB7194AB (resized).jpeg7741AAFD-69CD-4683-B1E1-5A6D5CF8C059 (resized).jpeg
#24710 10 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Maybe keep messing with trough settings? Any other ideas ?

I had the same problem with the ball through.
Adjusting the strength of the trough eject coil did not completely solved the issue.

My solution was a extra rubber sleeve and a little repositining of the Heighway factory cliffy.
In addition, I have attached a metal protector to the wooden rail.
Through (resized).JPG

#24711 10 months ago
Quoted from megaladon:

Just curious. My preproduction Heighway cabinet #101 alien has gun turret spinners rather than alien heads. Anyone else have these? Always find it interesting when you see slight changes in games.[quoted image][quoted image]

Mine has Alien heads, but it makes more sense with the gun turrets since you have to hit the outer loops in order to advance sentry gun multiball. Interesting.

#24712 10 months ago
Quoted from DrDoom:

I had the same problem with the ball through.
Adjusting the strength of the trough eject coil did not completely solved the issue.
My solution was a extra rubber sleeve and a little repositining of the Heighway factory cliffy.
In addition, I have attached a metal protector to the wooden rail.
[quoted image]

That looks like my answer ! Can u share which materials u got so I can order same?

#24713 10 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

That looks like my answer ! Can u share which materials u got so I can order same?

Simply a normal black rubber sleeve post.
I have cut the rubber lengthwise almost down to the bottom and fix it at the corner of the plastic Apron.
So no screws needed

And a shooterlane protector.
Fixed with double sided tape. Also no screws needed

I have bought it here in Germany
https://www.pinball.center/de/shop/flipperteile/spielfeld-teile/protektoren/4244/protektor-universal-10

I guess you will get it in every store in the US

#24714 10 months ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Mine has Alien heads, but it makes more sense with the gun turrets since you have to hit the outer loops in order to advance sentry gun multiball. Interesting.

Yea thought so too. Wonder why they chose xenomorph and not turrets since the code is for turrets in multiball.

#24715 10 months ago
Quoted from megaladon:

Just curious. My preproduction Heighway cabinet #101 alien has gun turret spinners rather than alien heads. Anyone else have these? Always find it interesting when you see slight changes in games.[quoted image][quoted image]

Interesting. The proto (never released one) is an Alien too :visible on pinside gallery
Mine is an Alien also but looks a bit different.
89006E32-605F-44EE-A01D-AF7DE43870DE (resized).jpeg

#24716 10 months ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

Interesting. The proto (never released one) is an Alien too :visible on pinside gallery
Mine is an Alien also but looks a bit different.
[quoted image]

The plot thickens LOL. Would be interesting to know the history of this machine since I’m not the original owner. It’s definitely a full throttle cabinet with all the early red boards and A really weird alien board for the head in the back

#24717 10 months ago

Here is that proto board and does anyone know where I can get the backboard plastic with the space jockey?

6FE7CC81-88E9-43CD-AA7A-46024E118C7B (resized).jpegE9D0CD76-07B8-40A2-95C0-9F9A6628AC0A (resized).jpeg
#24718 10 months ago
Quoted from megaladon:

The plot thickens LOL. Would be interesting to know the history of this machine since I’m not the original owner. It’s definitely a full throttle cabinet with all the early red boards and A really weird alien board for the head in the back

You have one of the early versions (first batch) with the original design alien board, it’s not weird, it’s just not what they settled on for production design. There were earlier “prototypes” than what you have, but generally accepted to call yours a prototype too. When they went to the Hi-Praise PC, non-red IO boards, dual Xeno board design and single LED modules, that is considered the production design.

As for history of your specific pin, it was sent by HWP to a company here in the states to evaluate feasibility of changing the IO board design to a different system due to the issues they were having with their IO board design.

#24719 10 months ago

Well my pinball tech came and said the two rear bumpers aren’t lighting up because Io board problem so I guess I know the issue will order that and see what happens

#24720 10 months ago

Unlikely it's the IO board, more likely it's the large bottom PCB or lose connection where the pops plug into it...

#24721 10 months ago

I don't care what others say....I think Ripley is in the game. Play the cat mode and when it's about to begin some woman says it's a cat or something like that.

Sounds JUST like Ripley ..

#24722 10 months ago
Quoted from mavantix:

Unlikely it's the IO board, more likely it's the large bottom PCB or lose connection where the pops plug into it...

He tried every connection and even plugged the eggs into connector for front egg and they lit up . So he said either Io board or the big one . He said start with new io board. I guess I could order both and see . Any other ideas ?

#24723 10 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

He tried every connection and even plugged the eggs into connector for front egg and they lit up . So he said either Io board or the big one . He said start with new io board. I guess I could order both and see . Any other ideas ?

Swap the IO board with one of the other 3 in the game. If it still doesn’t work, it’s the big PCB, or if something else stops working in a different part of the game, it’s the IO board.

Some of the early run PCBs have issues with their traces being too small and failing. They could be repaired with jumper wires if you pull the PCB and confirm that’s the issue with DMM...

#24724 10 months ago

Also, it could be one of the nearby lights in the chain is bad. All the lighting in Alien is a serial chain, and if a light in a previous part of the chain is bad, everything after it won’t work, so it could actually be just a bad LED. Spend some time in the test menu testing all lights in that area.

#24725 10 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

I don't care what others say....I think Ripley is in the game. Play the cat mode and when it's about to begin some woman says it's a cat or something like that.
Sounds JUST like Ripley ..Did not know that was a thought by others.My LE has Ripley's voice come up at least in 3 modes.

#24726 10 months ago

What modes? Just curious bc I think this is all a alien conspiracy! They snuck her in.

#24727 10 months ago

In find Jonesy.. “Brett” can be heard saying.. “Here kitty kitty..”

#24728 10 months ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

In find Jonesy.. “Brett” can be heard saying.. “Here kitty kitty..”

Haha so I might be hearing the same as I swear she is in find jonesy

#24729 10 months ago
Quoted from gold1:

Play the cat mode and when it's about to begin some woman says it's a cat or something like that.

sorry, that is Yaphet Koto in a high register. His next line is ordering Brett to go find the cat.
We did not include any of Sigourney's lines. The only modes that were a challenge were the end of movie modes. Ripley ends up being the only one who is alive and she has her best lines there. It is just a handful and they would have been great. A significant effort was made offering more money for a handful of line than I've heard of. We could not get past her agent.

#24730 10 months ago
Quoted from daudioguy:

Ripley ends up being the only one who is alive and she has her best lines there. It is just a handful and they would have been great. A significant effort was made offering more money for a handful of line than I've heard of. We could not get past her agent.

I think you can just use it. Read the back of the DVD packaging....

#24731 10 months ago

can you guys share your magnet settings? Just curious if anyone is using non default settings for better magnet play.

#24732 10 months ago

Good question. I’d be curious too. Mine is Default setting. Magnet stops the ball in its tracks for Ambush multiball about 9 out of 10 times. If stopped, mouth catches the ball every time.

#24733 10 months ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

Good question. I’d be curious too. Mine is Default setting. Magnet stops the ball in its tracks for Ambush multiball about 9 out of 10 times. If stopped, mouth catches the ball every time.

Same for me. I restored the factory setting (changed be previous owner) and I have the same result.

#24734 10 months ago

Since backboard is unobtainable right now, I made my own “protector/hider” of the crack plastic And took advantage of the already existent screw holes. When I was replacing the motor on the alien head, I rotated the playfield and for some reason that plastic edge catches and it broke. Peeved me off! Be careful for any other alien owners when you have the playfield up.

71A48A9B-1FFA-4761-8F8A-3CF514A5E4A9 (resized).jpegAEDE433F-D01E-4758-9089-F84807756690 (resized).jpegD09745A7-95CD-4576-AA7E-88E1EF02E6AA (resized).jpeg
#24735 10 months ago
Quoted from megaladon:

Since backboard is unobtainable right now, I made my own “protector/hider” of the crack plastic And took advantage of the already existent screw holes. When I was replacing the motor on the alien head, I rotated the playfield and for some reason that plastic edge catches and it broke. Peeved me off! Be careful for any other alien owners when you have the playfield up.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Man that looks awesome, did you machine them yourself? Can u sell me a set ?
Mo

#24736 10 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Man that looks awesome, did you machine them yourself? Can u sell me a set ?
Mo

Lol I did make em myself. A 5 dollar piece of steel at Home Depot and a grinder. I could probably make more. It’s strictly just to fix my boo boo lol.

#24737 10 months ago

The latest pinball video on YouTube shows them playing and fixing an alien se. this happens to be the machine I sold ! Haha! I recognize it because of a very small crack in the play field just left to the upper right flipper and I sold it with the pinstadoum lights . Looks like they put new flippers ? It looks like it plays awesome

#24738 10 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

The latest pinball video on YouTube shows them playing and fixing an alien se. this happens to be the machine I sold ! Haha! I recognize it because of a very small crack in the play field just left to the upper right flipper and I sold it with the pinstadoum lights . Looks like they put new flippers ? It looks like it plays awesome

I **NEEEEEED** this ramp lightning in rgb !!!!

#24739 10 months ago

For the Alien community! I was brave enough to pull the plastic backboard off. Going to Find a place they can scan it in. You can see where the corner right side is cracked maybe you can clean up digitally?

07445D35-9F91-4590-9914-57FDDA690747 (resized).jpeg9A1AD931-4F86-4CAC-A73C-8318A968E54C (resized).jpeg
#24740 10 months ago
Quoted from megaladon:

For the Alien community! I was brave enough to pull the plastic backboard off. Going to Find a place they can scan it in. You can see where the corner right side is cracked maybe you can clean up digitally?[quoted image][quoted image]

I could clean that up in Photoshop in under five minutes, easy job.

#24741 10 months ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I could clean that up in Photoshop in under five minutes, easy job.

Cool if I get it scanned I’ll send it to you. And send it across the pond to get the plastic made or if anybody else is willing to let me know.

#24742 10 months ago
Quoted from megaladon:

For the Alien community! I was brave enough to pull the plastic backboard off. Going to Find a place they can scan it in. You can see where the corner right side is cracked maybe you can clean up digitally?[quoted image][quoted image]

Its so small, just leave it alone?

#24743 10 months ago

Soooo everyone heard the big Kaneda news leak right? Pinball Bros made a deal with Chicago Gaming Company. Their first liscensed title, gonna be Alien in a bally widebody Cabinet. Ferret, what’s the word?

He needs to make a shirt “Kaneada was right.”

#24744 10 months ago

I'll believe it when I get an offer for all my unpaid design files. Maybe word hasn't filtered down to me yet but you'd think the game's designer would have heard something definitive about it first.

#24745 10 months ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

Soooo everyone heard the big Kaneda news leak right? Pinball Bros made a deal with Chicago Gaming Company. Their first liscensed title, gonna be Alien in a bally widebody Cabinet. Ferret, what’s the word?

Definitely following this with interest!

#24746 10 months ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

Old news

#24747 10 months ago

Hello guys,

is the apron an own product from Heighway Pinball or is it similar or same to other manufacturer like STERN or JJP?
Is there any chance to get that apron made of metal?

#24748 10 months ago
Quoted from Averell:

Hello guys,
is the apron an own product from Heighway Pinball or is it similar or same to other manufacturer like STERN or JJP?
Is there any chance to get that apron made of metal?

+1. Only part which looks clumsy

#24749 10 months ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

I'll believe it when I get an offer for all my unpaid design files. Maybe word hasn't filtered down to me yet but you'd think the game's designer would have heard something definitive about it first.

If you don’t own the IP, no one is obligated to tell you anything.

#24750 10 months ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

Did you make a claim as a creditor during the bankruptcy?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Back Alley Creations
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 14,900.00
Pinball Machine
www.retroarcade.se
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Back Alley Creations
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 25.50
$ 12.95
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 26664 posts in this topic. You are on page 495 of 534.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside