DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 494 of 601.
#24651 4 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Actions > Presets > Quaker

So I reinstalled the shaker on a board outside the pin to saee its movement .. if there is any movement
I had a real goos ALIEN(S) game with all missions (expect LoaderBattle) and 3 multiballs (HyperSleepp, Senetry, Ambush) and the shaker moved one very short time when i hit in the "MuThUr"-Lane left. All the rest .. silence ....

Here a movie from Shaker-Test-Mode
https://www.dropbox.com/s/49kmo0b2v4uxx03/Alien_shaker.MOV?dl=0

Maybe the power is missing ?!

#24652 4 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

Aside from all the playfield stuff, if the computer was booting normaly you should have something on the screen.
Either there is something wrong with the signal which turn on the computer either the computer itself is not booting for some reason.
It’s possible to test the computer with plugging a extra 6A plug and a pc display to check if it’s still working.
If the computer is ok then it reduce the possibility to the PS maybe.
Good luck.

I'm not technical at all when it comes to Alien and trouble shooting, not even sure how to hook external monitor. The game seems to be getting power, but the CPU fan isn't even working. So I assume that's a sign the CPU itself is dead? If so, where would one find a replacement?

#24653 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

I'm not technical at all when it comes to Alien and trouble shooting, not even sure how to hook external monitor. The game seems to be getting power, but the CPU fan isn't even working. So I assume that's a sign the CPU itself is dead? If so, where would one find a replacement?

If your CPU is really dead, here is a one replacement but that’s for the last Aliens produced.

https://www.free-play.se/en/game-specific-parts/heighway-pinball/alien/alien-game-computer.html

#24654 4 years ago

Weird thing: running 1.2 but when magnet activates, Every once in a while it shuts down the upper right flipper? No fuses are blown. Any ideas? I’m not sure exactly when it happens but I thought it was when magnet engages turn the main off but now it seems to still do it.

#24655 4 years ago

Hello guys,

I need some advice regarding the right coin controller for Heighway's ALIEN.
Which one do I need?
Are there similar parts from STERN, I guess the coin door is nothing special - should be Stern SAM?

DSCN6780 (resized).JPGDSCN6780 (resized).JPG

regards
Averell

#24656 4 years ago

I supplied the shakers. Check the weights are not hitting the cover (just run it briefly with them removed). If it is binding, file off the coreners of the weight. All the shakers are tested before despatch.
It will run on 18V if that can be achieved.

#24657 4 years ago

Great idea to burn the power driver!!!
Just take a closer look to the small wiring... voltage drop at the connectors and Wuuuuuuuusch the circuit is history!

#24658 4 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

If your CPU is really dead, here is a one replacement but that’s for the last Aliens produced.
https://www.free-play.se/en/game-specific-parts/heighway-pinball/alien/alien-game-computer.html

I have the zotac from the earlier ones sitting around that I'd sell. It has .94 installed on it right now.

#24659 4 years ago
Quoted from megaladon:

Weird thing: running 1.2 but when magnet activates, Every once in a while it shuts down the upper right flipper? No fuses are blown. Any ideas? I’m not sure exactly when it happens but I thought it was when magnet engages turn the main off but now it seems to still do it.

Turn off your Shaker and see if the issue still happens

#24660 4 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Turn off your Shaker and see if the issue still happens

Thanks I have an early prototype machine and Definitely happened with the upgrade to 1.2. It’s possible the io boards can’t handle it? I have the original red boards. I’m gonna start with replacing the one cord going to the board with a new one.

#24661 4 years ago
Quoted from megaladon:

Mine was doing the same thing. Swapped in a spare I/O board and it's been fine since. Didn't try trading places with a different I/O board in the machine. Swapping USB cables didn't make a difference.

#24662 4 years ago
Quoted from dung:

I have the zotac from the earlier ones sitting around that I'd sell. It has .94 installed on it right now.

I have a late build game so placed an order from free-play. But thank you for the offer!!

#24663 4 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Thanks for the offer dung. I’m have a later build soc

Quoted from adamross:

Just to close the loop on my issue, the CPU battery was dead.

#24664 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Thanks for the offer dung. I’m have a later build soc

Just to close the loop on my issue, the CPU battery was dead.

Glad to hear you were able to solve it.

#24665 4 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Mine was doing the same thing. Swapped in a spare I/O board and it's been fine since. Didn't try trading places with a different I/O board in the machine. Swapping USB cables didn't make a difference.

I swapped two of the boards inside the game and is doing the same thing on the other board. The only thing I can think of it’s the cable then unless these red boards can’t handle the newest software? Is it possible to downgrade to the .8 firmware to see if that’ll work?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#24666 4 years ago

If you haven't already replaced the factory USB cables, that's certainly a good first thing to try... pretty easy, pretty cheap, and it'll likely be helpful sooner or later.

#24667 4 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

If you haven't already replaced the factory USB cables, that's certainly a good first thing to try... pretty easy, pretty cheap, and it'll likely be helpful sooner or later.

I’m not sure if the game had the updated cables as I am the second owner I think. I keep ordering the wrong type of cord do you have a link to the correct one? I’m sure Amazon is getting pissed for me returning them all! LOL I did downgrade the I/O board to .8 And Wala it seems to be working fine. Not sure if that impacts anything else like the lights because I’m still waiting to hear from timebandit To replace them. Just curious does anyone know where I might find an unobtainium Backboard with the space Jockey? Mine has a very minor crack on the edge that drives me nuts and would like to replace it.

#24668 4 years ago
Quoted from megaladon:

I’m not sure if the game had the updated cables as I am the second owner I think. I keep ordering the wrong type of cord do you have a link to the correct one? I’m sure Amazon is getting pissed for me returning them all! LOL I did downgrade the I/O board to .8 And Wala it seems to be working fine. Not sure if that impacts anything else like the lights because I’m still waiting to hear from timebandit To replace them. Just curious does anyone know where I might find an unobtainium Backboard with the space Jockey? Mine has a very minor crack on the edge that drives me nuts and would like to replace it.

If you're running older game code 0.8 firmware is probably the one you want, AFAIK with the latest game code 0.9 is preferred, though whatever works is fine obviously.

Are you talking about the game plexi backglass with the clear part for the screen? I have one I could sell... logo is out of place on it, but it's not broken. I could send you some pics later this week if you want?

#24669 4 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

If you're running older game code 0.8 firmware is probably the one you want, AFAIK with the latest game code 0.9 is preferred, though whatever works is fine obviously.
Are you talking about the game plexi backglass with the clear part for the screen? I have one I could sell... logo is out of place on it, but it's not broken. I could send you some pics later this week if you want?

Thanks buddy, I’m looking for the backboard on the playfield that is illuminated with the space jokey on the right side. Minor/hairline crack on mine, wonder if I could fill it? The backglass trans light on mine is fine for now but maybe someday I should get a spare!

#24670 4 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

I supplied the shakers. Check the weights are not hitting the cover (just run it briefly with them removed). If it is binding, file off the coreners of the weight. All the shakers are tested before despatch.
It will run on 18V if that can be achieved.

Thank you for your replay !
Pretty cool design the shaker with the 2 covers.
The arms are moving free but I will measure the power, maybe that is the problem that I do not get 18 Volts on the shaker.
Maybe that is also the reason that the shaker was working bad in the BK due Stern has 12 Volts for the shaker ... I guess.

#24671 4 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

maybe that is the problem that I do not get 18 Volts on the shaker

Shaker runs at 12V. In some applications I have people running off a flasher at 18V. I'm suggesting this for your bench test only!

#24672 4 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

Shaker runs at 12V. In some applications I have people running off a flasher at 18V. I'm suggesting this for your bench test only!

Ah okay .. missunderstanding. On 12 Volt it is ... lame. In Alien and in BKSOR.

#24673 4 years ago

Is there a pre-made undercab lighting kit that is easy to install for Alien? I wouldn't mind having a green light underneath. can someone point it out for me?
Key word being "easy"
thanks

#24674 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Is there a pre-made undercab lighting kit that is easy to install for Alien? I wouldn't mind having a green light underneath. can someone point it out for me?
Key word being "easy"
thanks

No.

Just buy on eBay or Amazon RGB LED with a remote and connect to 12 Volt .. thats it ... around 10 dollar
If you have too much money ask in other forum here on pinside and all this "modder shops" will sell it to very very special "my frieeeeend" for 120 Dollar ...

#24675 4 years ago

I still have upper flipper deactivating sometimes: happens mostly with magnet engaging. Where can I order a new magnet just in case and what are the proper cords to buy for the IO boards? I keep ordering wrong ones.

#24676 4 years ago

With all the machines I've bought and Sold I've finally got 2 that aren't going anywhere...I've never been happier with my 2 Pin collection!

20190621_225940.jpg20190621_225940.jpg
#24677 4 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

With all the machines I've bought and Sold I've finally got 2 that aren't going anywhere...I've never been happier with my 2 Pin collection![quoted image]

man that's a thing of beauty. The two best in some time.

#24678 4 years ago

Ball stuck !

0FA2E8F6-6E66-4461-98A2-D8504806460B (resized).jpeg0FA2E8F6-6E66-4461-98A2-D8504806460B (resized).jpeg
#24679 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Ball stuck ![quoted image]

My wife managed to do that once.

#24680 4 years ago

Doesn't look like Pinball Brothers Ltd will be around much longer. According to Companies House the company is due to be dissolved in about 3 weeks:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10822960/filing-history

#24681 4 years ago

Of course they may choose to challenge the strike-off notice. We'll see.

#24682 4 years ago

Please not a similar desaster to Heighway again?

#24683 4 years ago

This is all just part of the process for an American boutique pinball company to purchase the liscence and rights to reproduce Alien again!!! (dare to dream.. dare to dream!)

#24684 4 years ago

So now is the time to file claims with companies house to IP they possess for the board designs, software code, etc, as owners of their products needing such for future repairs? Anyone in the UK understand the system over there for recovery of such?

#24685 4 years ago
Quoted from oyvindmo:

Doesn't look like Pinball Brothers Ltd will be around much longer. According to Companies House the company is due to be dissolved in about 3 weeks:
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10822960/filing-history

Or just all the interesting stuff is already under other entities and they are just ignoring the old uk entity

#24686 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Or just all the interesting stuff is already under other entities and they are just ignoring the old uk entity

Exactly this I guess as well

#24687 4 years ago

I wouldn't read too much into it. Compulsory strike off could be initiated by non or late payment of taxes, or failure to file accounts on time, or another administrative oversight. If there are debts or other liabilities it would certainly be objected to by affected parties.

If the directors wanted to wind it up it would be a voluntary strike off.

#24688 4 years ago

so I got around to install the shaker. I got the pinball life one referenced in the thread. Sam version.

It works but SUPER light. Are you guys putting the power past normal for shaker? I was never impressed with it but thought I would give it a try. Any thoughts?

Maybe I should have gotten the spike 2 version?

This was recommended - which i bought....

https://www.pinballlife.com/shaker-motor-kit-rev-b-for-most-stern-sam-system-games.html

#24689 4 years ago

Cointaker Red Tremor shipped from the factory for many/most of the games... that one has good oomph.

#24690 4 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Cointaker Red Tremor shipped from the factory for many/most of the games... that one has good oomph.

Yeah that is notorious for being overpowered.

Is it ok to increase strength via the menu option or will that cause problems with the game?

#24691 4 years ago

Yes, the cointaker red is working good but the processing is bad.
You have to take care at the connectors and the wiring, no isolation and short circuit possible due to rubbing the wires at the frame while shaker is in action.
So this needs to be improved first to prevent damage at the power board!
The cointaker red is working with 12 volts at 4000 rpm.

#24692 4 years ago

Hoarded a few more spare parts for my Alien, just in case. These PCB:s are so big, need to figure out a place to store them.

IMG_6385 (resized).JPGIMG_6385 (resized).JPGIMG_6386 (resized).JPGIMG_6386 (resized).JPG
#24693 4 years ago

Those PCBs look fragile in places too. Definitely would want to store them with protection to avoid any bending at all.

#24694 4 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

That's what mine came with...Fits this game perfectly...Plenty of power...

#24695 4 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Hoarded a few more spare parts for my Alien, just in case. These PCB:s are so big, need to figure out a place to store them.[quoted image][quoted image]

Got that same package a couple weeks ago....I'm just leaving them stored in that box it came in...

#24696 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yeah that is notorious for being overpowered.
Is it ok to increase strength via the menu option or will that cause problems with the game?

Overpowered in most games, perfect for alien.

#24697 4 years ago

By the way .... I have bought the following pcb from PinballLife

Alien Top PCB
PB-PCBT
$149.95

Bottom PCB
PB-PCBB
$119.95

Total $358.10

Due the high shipping costs to Germany I would sell the 2 pcbs if someone wants them.
The buyer has to pay me the boards (already payed) and also for shipping from PinballLife to his place directly to PinballLife!

Would be nice if someone wants them and help me out .....

#24698 4 years ago

Do any alien owners have a picture of or know how the little reed/magnetic switches are wired under the Playfield? They have 6 pins - do they just plug into 2 3pin wire harnesses that are the switch/switch ground and then a ground and low voltage to run an onboard chip(s)?? Any info would be super handy, thanks!

#24699 4 years ago

Has anyone figured out a permnant fix to a ball going from trough into lane, hit the lane wall and bounce back into trough ?

#24700 4 years ago

Reduce the strength of the trough eject coil?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,799 (OBO)
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 494 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/494 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.