DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 492 of 601.
#24551 4 years ago

The last Alien New in box ??

Well there are one more Alien LE new in box left in my warehouse.

Not only is it properly the last one in the world its also the most wanted one LE NO 426.

This game has a long story and was bought on place in Merthyr Tydfil ( i visited the factory ) from Andrew Heighway when we still was buying full throttle games to Sweden .

I got it in a deal when we bought some full throttle and prepaid 8 Alien games to help up with money to the production.

After a long time ( like 2 year ) waiting for the prepaid games we lost them in the bankruptcy of Heighway pinball.

And i thought the LE 426 was gone forever with the rest of my money.

But some games was deliverd to us in the last shipping from the factory ( we bought them and paid for them again as we loved to keep the delivery to the clients that hade orderd LE from me "www.retroarcade.se" , a few styed in Sweden and 3 games was sold from us to USA where they found nice homes.

The last game i have was "born" in the factory as LE 350 in green trims but was also deliverd with the LE 426 batch as that was what i had bought from the begining.

I say thanks to the "Pinball brothers" that keept the promis that Andrew gave me long time ago.

So i like to see if there still is some who like to own the most legendary alien game

Its up for sale for 18500 usd or best offer ( higer or lower )

Can be shipped to any loctaion against freight cost

For you who dont know the planet in Alien movie is LV-426 , that way the games is so special

More info : https://alienanthology.fandom.com/wiki/Acheron_(LV-426)

alien 426 (resized).jpgalien 426 (resized).jpg
#24552 4 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

Need some help here...when swapping out the USB cables, are you guys talking about the cables that connect from under the playfield boards to the CPU towards the back bottom of the cabinet? I noticed the connector to those boards under the playfield are quite different.

Yes, those are the ones. They're Mini-USB connectors on the I/O boards... that's not too commonly used these days, but it's a standard nevertheless.

(Sorry, I don't have a specific brand recommendation to offer for replacements.)

#24553 4 years ago
Quoted from royneblom:

Not only is it properly the last one in the world its also the most wanted one LE NO 426.
This game has a long story and was bought on place in Merthyr Tydfil ( i visited the factory ) from Andrew Heighway when we still was buying full throttle games to Sweden .
I got it in a deal when we bought some full throttle and prepaid 8 Alien games to help up with money to the production.
After a long time ( like 2 year ) waiting for the prepaid games we lost them in the bankruptcy of Heighway pinball.
But some games was deliverd to us in the last shipping from the factory ( we bought them and paid for them again as we loved to keep the delivery to the clients that hade orderd LE from me "www.retroarcade.se" , a few styed in Sweden and 3 games was sold from us to USA where they found nice homes.
The last game i have was "born" in the factory as LE 350 in green trims but was also deliverd with the LE 426 batch as that was what i had bought from the begining.
I say thanks to the "Pinball brothers" that keept the promis that Andrew gave me long time ago.
So i like to see if there still is some who like to own the most legendary alien game
For you who dont know the planet in Alien movie is LV-426 , that way the games is so special
More info : https://alienanthology.fandom.com/wiki/Acheron_(LV-426)[quoted image]

You always keep your promises. My alien works great!

#24554 4 years ago

Thanks Ferrett!

Is this the one I need to buy? If not, can someone provide me a link to where they purchased theirs that once replaced provided some stability?

Thank you! Arthur

8DD01CAF-4ECE-4896-B9A0-4C7DB70AD2CB (resized).png8DD01CAF-4ECE-4896-B9A0-4C7DB70AD2CB (resized).png
#24555 4 years ago

No. For one thing, that is a MICRO USB cable, and you need a MINI USB cable. For another thing, 3 feet may be sufficient for the cabinet I/O board and one of the playfield boards, but probably won't be long enough for the other two playfield boards. And you certainly don't want to be stressing the connectors by having the cable be too short.

#24556 4 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

Thanks Ferrett!
Is this the one I need to buy? If not, can someone provide me a link to where they purchased theirs that once replaced provided some stability?
Thank you! Arthur[quoted image]

These are what I used:

https://www.audioquest.com/cables/digital-cables/usb-a-to-mini/forest

sold by the meter...1.5 works fine (decided to keep length the same to eliminate any possible issue there). Expensive, but w strain relief, check the box on that issue (though it's a good idea to make sure they are seated properly @ the I/O board everytime you pop the hood).

Connectivity, and acrylic plastics...2 biggest issues on final version of the game....enjoy!!...mark

#24557 4 years ago
Quoted from royneblom:

More info : https://alienanthology.fandom.com/wiki/Acheron_(LV-426)[quoted image]

royneblom is a great guy, and you can deal w confidence (wonder where one of those 3 games that made it to the US went? )

#24558 4 years ago

Cool, 426 from 500 by only 200 produced machines at all - that's great marketing!
Your 426 was just a marketing gag for ALIEN Day on April the 26th - remember?
So my 45 is just more credible and this phantastic 426 can't do even more or something better, just being much more expensive.

#24559 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Cool, 426 from 500 by only 200 produced machines at all - that's great marketing!
So my 45 is just more credible and this phantastic 426 can't do even more or something better, just being much more expensive.

Interesting to see how many people on pinside have an LE just to see how many may have been made.Mine is 126.

#24560 4 years ago
Quoted from gold1:

Interesting to see how many people on pinside have an LE just to see how many may have been made.Mine is 126.

LE 129 with black trim here.
I d guess there are around 25% of LE of around 200 Alien produced, so maybe around 50 LE In the world. It s not a LE, it’s a super LE.
Numbers was kind of random it seems.

#24561 4 years ago

Nice story told but ..
Mhh .. I know you are a businessman and need to make some cash. But making 10K profit ... wow.
Okay .. you had also a big loss on the first order.
Sorry, I am sure that this is not the last Alien NIB and I am also sure that you can get a NIB much much cheaper.
The last HUO Aliens LE, as far as I know, were sold in germany for 9K to 10K EURO in great shape.

Quoted from royneblom:

#24562 4 years ago
Quoted from gold1:

ALIEN LE 439 in beautifull green here

IMG_0174 (resized).JPGIMG_0174 (resized).JPGIMG_0198 (resized).JPGIMG_0198 (resized).JPGIMG_0206 (resized).JPGIMG_0206 (resized).JPGbf871ec7-c9e4-4525-9f84-c8fc1562d683 (resized).jpgbf871ec7-c9e4-4525-9f84-c8fc1562d683 (resized).jpg
#24563 4 years ago
Quoted from gold1:

#139 here, green trim, born late February,18.

#24564 4 years ago

Here's my rating plate...

13 (resized).JPG13 (resized).JPG

#24565 4 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Nice story told but ..
Mhh .. I know you are a businessman and need to make some cash. But making 10K profit ... wow.
Sorry, I am sure that this is not the last Alien NIB and I am also sure that you can get a NIB much much cheaper.

You can buy AlienLE NIB now? Please share...

royneblom is one of the very, very few that kept his word when all this shit went down...A far cry from others that promised many things...

#24566 4 years ago
Quoted from royneblom:

I wish royneblom the best regarding this sale. He kept his promise to me after Heighway wouldn’t and I appreciate him! Anybody wanting this Alien from him can deal with absolute confidence. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with trying to make up for his losses by offering what the market would potentially provide. I believe there’s still people out there that want this most amazing machine and this seems to be where the prices are across the pond. Good luck!

#24567 4 years ago

If I had $18k lying around!

#24568 4 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Nice story told but ..
The last HUO Aliens LE, as far as I know, were sold in germany for 9K to 10K EURO in great shape.

Thanks for the comments , and most of all congratulation to you as owner one of the best pinball games build ( accordig to me ) , and hard to get game.

As you can see i say make a offer higher or lower if the price i set is wrong as i am not sure about the value of the game today , i realy think its the last one new i box , but i might be wrong .

And stil i think the LE 426 is something extra , thats way i bought it from the begining.

My guess is that we will see if there are one more showing up here for sale and if so to what price.

#24569 4 years ago

Perhaps you can get that $ over the pond...mostly.

#24570 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Hi Averell

Thnnks for the comments to my add.

You are right your games is as lesat as good as mine , no difference there. its the same fuctions and the same game , made at the same factory.

According to the numbers it was possible to ask for a number when you orderd the game , as if you had a lucky number or if you like all your games have the same matching number.

That can be done at other piball company also.

When the factory was low on cash they produced new game instead of the games that was prepaid ( just so someone else did not get your prepaid number ) so the build any numbers they could just not the presold numbers.

So it was like 500 LE games to be made in total and right now the numbers are like crazy it can be any number from 1-500 on the game and they could have made the number 500 before number 1 .

If you have a look at the playfield on your alien game you can see that the 426 is important in the game, when look at the bonus light that normaly showes x2 , x4 , x6 on any pinball game you will see that it say x4, x2, x6 just to show the planet number on every game.

Otherwise you are right its just a number and a price ... what price it is we will see when its sold.

#24571 4 years ago

Of course, but please remember Daves Sanders statement - there are only ~200 ALIEN machines at all, LE's included.
And this pinball is really a beauty and rare too, but not for every price.

#24572 4 years ago

Alien LE #3

Reporting in.

20180621_003705 (resized).jpg20180621_003705 (resized).jpg
#24573 4 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Of course, but please remember Daves Sanders statement - there are only ~200 ALIEN machines at all, LE's included.
And this pinball is really a beauty and rare too, but not for every price.

Don't really get the le obsession on this title. Artwork for the cab and backglass and a different powdercoat? Seems a but moot.

#24574 4 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Nice story told but ..

Why do you care what deal 2 grown up reach?

#24575 4 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Don't really get the le obsession on this title. Artwork for the cab and backglass and a different powdercoat? Seems a but moot.

LE's were the last run, so less to do to sort the bugs. Artwork is outstanding.

They are all " limited" of course...

#24576 4 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Have you actually played the game? I personally do not buy pinballs for the artwork.It is all about the rule set and how a game plays.If I had a machine that was painted by Rembrant and played like a broken guitar I would lose interest pretty quickly.

#24577 4 years ago

I think Dung was saying he doesn't see much difference between the "standard" and the LE. Which is pretty legit.

#24578 4 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

I think Dung was saying he doesn't see much difference between the "standard" and the LE. Which is pretty legit.

Forgetting again about the artwork there were a number of add ons to the LE otherwise it would not be an LE!

#24579 4 years ago
Quoted from gold1:

Forgetting again about the artwork there were a number of add ons to the LE otherwise it would not be an LE!

There is the ability to make the SE exactly like the limited edition, including features and art as well. The only thing I can think of is the little le tag that isn't readily available.

#24580 4 years ago

finally, the rarest are the SE

#24581 4 years ago
Quoted from cyber-greg:

finally, the rarest are the SE

I would say the rarest are the legitimate prototypes.. with the squarish ramps made out of stacked lexan..

F404241E-FFAA-4989-BB1A-73FAF80696F1 (resized).jpegF404241E-FFAA-4989-BB1A-73FAF80696F1 (resized).jpeg
#24582 4 years ago

It seems like buying an Alien LE is like going to this steak house I used to go to in Chicago. Every time I ordered the Prime Rib, they would say " You are in luck, we only have one left!" . Literally.. every single time and I went there like 20 times. Must be more LE NIB hanging around like prime ribs.

#24583 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

It seems like buying an Alien LE is like going to this steak house I used to go to in Chicago. Every time I ordered the Prime Rib, they would say " You are in luck, we only have one left!" . Literally.. every single time and I went there like 20 times. Must be more LE NIB hanging around like prime ribs.

If you check pinballowner website or past ads, you see that LE are much rarer than the standard.
Who cares but that’s how it is...
When i searched for this pin, it didn’t matter to me but I saw that as a bonus.

#24584 4 years ago

This one is the rarest among all!

02205183-C289-4CFF-A7A3-097DA7882E83 (resized).png02205183-C289-4CFF-A7A3-097DA7882E83 (resized).png
#24585 4 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

This one is the rarest among all![quoted image]

no full display, and next to a TBL.. very rare indeed.

#24586 4 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

no full display, and next to a TBL.. very rare indeed.

and what appears to be the largest LED strip behind the flippers in pinball. Waaaay too bright for this game.

#24587 4 years ago

In the last weeks I compiled a rulesheet for the Alien pinball (SW V1.2). It is based on a lot of information pieces mostly spread in this forum, some own "research" and - most valuable - a siginificant amount of additional input from Ferret himself!

I attached a PDF version (exported from OneNote) - hope you like it.

Alien Rulesheet.pdfAlien Rulesheet.pdf
#24588 4 years ago
Quoted from Per_:

In the last weeks I compiled a rulesheet for the Alien pinball (SW V1.2). It is based on a lot of information pieces mostly spread in this forum, some own "research" and - most valuable - a siginificant amount of additional input from ferret himself!
I attached a PDF version (exported from OneNote) - hope you like it.[quoted image]

This is amazing. Thanks so much for this. Great work!

#24589 4 years ago
Quoted from gold1:

Have you actually played the game? I personally do not buy pinballs for the artwork.It is all about the rule set and how a game plays.If I had a machine that was painted by Rembrant and played like a broken guitar I would lose interest pretty quickly.

Uh, might check my collection...

#24590 4 years ago

Hi all — I wonder if anyone can tell me on here what the pin out is for the inductive sensor switches that alien uses? Is there a pdf manual available? I’d like to use some for a homebrew project but usually traditional reed switches just have two wires.. wondering why there’s so many pins out on the ones alien uses..

#24591 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Yea....No. Still only made around 200 total units.(SE and LE)..confirmed multiple times...the vast majority of those stayed across the pond....Maybe a dozen or so " born" last run LEs in the States... the rest overseas...scattered wherever...could be had and shipped over, but the well went dry over a year ago...

Steakhouse finds new cows...these for all intensive purposes are gone...everyone should source overseas if there are any left...good luck

#24592 4 years ago

So, I've been away from the forums for about a month and am getting caught up. But, I'm thinking about adding a shaker to my game.

Is the Stern Rev B a direct plug in for Alien?
https://www.pinballlife.com/shaker-motor-kit-rev-b-for-most-stern-sam-system-games.html

As far as power goes, is it just the 12v PSU that needs to be upgraded, right? I thought I had read that adding things, like a shaker, can over load the 12v PSU, so I'll upgrade that. But I wanted to double check on the 70v PSU. It doesn't need to be upgraded, just the parallel cap "upgrade", right? Or am I wrong on the 70v PSU?

Thanks!

#24593 4 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Uh, might check my collection...

Are you checking your collection for.......pinballs with great artwork that play crap?Or ....for a pinball that plays great with not so great artwork?

#24594 4 years ago
Quoted from gold1:

Are you checking your collection for.......pinballs with great artwork that play crap?Or ....for a pinball that plays great with not so great artwork?

You asked if I've played a game I own. Rub more than two brain cells together before typing a reply next time.

#24595 4 years ago

can't still figure out my back two rear eggs. One game they are fine, another they go in and out. Has to be loose connection somewhere.I guess Ill just lift the playfield and start pushing on things.

#24596 4 years ago
Quoted from dung:

You asked if I've played a game I own. Rub more than two brain cells together before typing a reply next time.

I actually asked whether you have played Alien? Perhaps have a child read it back and explain it to you.

#24597 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

can't still figure out my back two rear eggs. One game they are fine, another they go in and out. Has to be loose connection somewhere.I guess Ill just lift the playfield and start pushing on things.

Gonna have to drop that board after running lamp check to reseat/repair the bad LED in the chain.

Owning an Alien can be a PITA sometimes...but end result is so worth it...

#24598 4 years ago
Quoted from gold1:

I actually asked whether you have played Alien? Perhaps have a child read it back and explain it to you.

Both you and dung take it to PM please..

#24599 4 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Both you and dung take it to PM please..

And you are?

#24600 4 years ago
Quoted from gold1:

And you are?

knockerlover is the man who saved my Alien and help others with his knowledge.
The Alien community is great thanks to guys like him.

Please go to PM for your stuff.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,799 (OBO)
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 492 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/492?hl=olaa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.