• 25,243 posts
  • 994 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 minutes ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 267 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,930 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSCN6998 (resized).JPG
DSCN6997 (resized).JPG
EDDFE508-1F24-478D-98B0-54950DA2BC25 (resized).jpeg
10C8C808-6D12-4F2D-8D21-4D70C74870E4 (resized).jpeg
D3F4019C-DBA9-436A-B560-6D6A4E537E7E (resized).jpeg
E4C1728B-C453-413E-A123-FC3E34308220 (resized).jpeg
DSCN6993 (resized).JPG
IMG_2514 (resized).jpeg
ALIEN-Knocker Assy - Bracket 2.pdf (PDF preview)
ALIEN_Knocker_Bracket-B.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
ALIEN - Logo Kassentür - LIMITED EDITION full.pdf (PDF preview)
ALIEN - Fuse List.pdf (PDF preview)
DSCN6994 (resized).JPG
DSCN6995 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 25243 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 505.
#2401 3 years ago

Question guys. Since most people will want the big screen (god, it's beautiful). When the game is off, it's just going to be a big black box up there, right?

#2402 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

the more updated version of the backglass

Looking great, i know this is the movie egg, but any chance to make this more a facehugger egg? the one that opens?

#2403 3 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

When the game is off

optional screensaver < ACTIVATED >

#2404 3 years ago

I would like to thank Aurich for incorporating my avatar into the side art. Thanks man!

#2405 3 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

I would like to thank Aurich for incorporating my Avatar into the side art. Thanks man!

Heh.

So I'll be honest, in a more perfect world we'd be revealing art with things no one has ever seen before, not "oh, I recognize that!" I'd prefer to have something new to surprise you with.

To be blunt, that wasn't an option. If you were able to come to our talk you would have heard me discuss this, but the short version is that the challenge was to work within the guidelines and assets that were already set up when I came on board. How could I take the puzzle pieces I was given, and find a way to make them fit that wasn't just cookie cutter. There was some back and forth on the approvals side.

I'm happy with the work. I think people will be pleased with the details and atmosphere and the way it lights up and represent the mood of the game. Is it what I would have done with complete creative freedom? No. But this is the reality of working with a license, you don't have that, you're playing in their sandbox. And a film from 1978 is a little more challenging. There aren't huge piles of high resolution assets like modern movies have.

Someone said something about making the egg a different one for instance. Not happening! That's the iconic image, and you can't mess with it. And I love the egg, I'm not at all mad about needing to incorporate it into the Standard art. Just saying that things like that kind of are what they are.

Anyways, just a quick bit of context from my Expo hotel room. The LE package will be different, and my hope is that because it's aimed at private collectors more than being on location that I can try some more things that go in a different direction.

Here's the plan for the art going forward: I'm working on the playfield art now. It's not a mass of black and green, I'm trying a lot of other ideas. I have to see how Fox feels about some of them. Once we have something approved I'll have a good idea of where I can go with things, and I'll take that knowledge into designing the LE art package.

Back to your discussion! I'm getting ready to meet up with people for the Pinball Life party and plan on having an excellent time. I'll check back in later to see if I can answer any more questions.

#2406 3 years ago

I already paid for the small one so it won't be much more to upgrade and its Aliens for christs sake, how couldn't you upgrade to full size LCD, it would be just plain wrong.

#2407 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Here's the plan for the art going forward: I'm working on the playfield art now. It's not a mass of black and green, I'm trying a lot of other ideas

I really like the lower playfield option we discussed. Really cool IMHO

-Jeff

#2408 3 years ago

I like it Aurich, but I'm really looking forward to the LE.

Cheers, Kris

#2409 3 years ago

Wouldn't the video/UI content that was designed for the small screen in the playfield potentially look really bad when blown up on the big screen? I'm guessing the small screen is a smaller resolution...

Also, does this mean Heighway is changing their philosophy regarding how they approach the video content? I remember reading about how they weren't going for a JJP approach with constantly looping video clips, but more of an atmospheric and helpful UI approach for the player.

#2410 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Here's the plan for the art going forward: I'm working on the playfield art now. It's not a mass of black and green, I'm trying a lot of other ideas.

Good to know! Excellent idea to have the same person in charge of the whole package (Cabinet, backglass, playfield).

#2411 3 years ago
Quoted from Roo:

Wouldn't the video/UI content that was designed for the small screen in the playfield potentially look really bad when blown up on the big screen?

While that was a problem in days past and with content compressed for the web.....current video technology means on board assets will be full HD regardless of what size screen they are playing out to - they will scale. I am, of course, making an assumption on Heighways part, but I work with high end video and HD file sizes are completely manageable at this stage.

#2412 3 years ago

I was a little underwhelmed when I saw the first images from the presentation, but the detail in the border on the later images really adds to the overall look. Well done! All it needs is a little bevel and emboss on the logo and it will be perfect.

#2413 3 years ago
Quoted from Roo:

I remember reading about how they weren't going for a JJP approach with constantly looping video clips, but more of an atmospheric and helpful UI approach for the player.

I really hope so, I wouldn't want mass movie clips, some yeah but keep it simple, keep it dark and creepy.

#2414 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Here's the plan for the art going forward: I'm working on the playfield art now. It's not a mass of black and green, I'm trying a lot of other ideas. I have to see how Fox feels about some of them. Once we have something approved I'll have a good idea of where I can go with things, and I'll take that knowledge into designing the LE art package.

Think the art for the SE looks great!!!

I'm all about the larger back box screen on my LE......will you be doing some custom LE Art, incorporating the large panel?....thanks....mark

#2415 3 years ago

Well done Aurich I knew the art design on Alien was in good hands, and this reveal further reinforced that.

I'm just thinking since both movies are part of this pin, and since the standard backglass/sideart is based on Alien, will the LE be based specifically on Aliens instead? That would be pretty cool IMO. Since LE owners get both sets of artwork, they could decide to swap out on their personal preference.

Has anyone posted a video of the seminar to YouTube yet?

#2416 3 years ago

aliens-xenomorph.jpg

#2417 3 years ago

Looking really good so far.

#2418 3 years ago

Quick stop at my hotel room. To answer the question about the giant LCD screen and the art, I don't know yet exactly how I'll handle it, but there should be a package for the SE and LE for that I think, it's what makes sense. But Andrew and I will sort it out. This is all new, need a little time to play with templates etc.

No one will be left out, that much I can tell you.

Also, like I said, please feel free to criticize. But I do appreciate the kind comments too.

#2419 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Quick stop at my hotel room. To answer the question about the giant LCD screen and the art, I don't know yet exactly how I'll handle it, but there should be a package for the SE and LE for that I think, it's what makes sense. But Andrew and I will sort it out. This is all new, need a little time to play with templates etc.
No one will be left out, that much I can tell you.
Also, like I said, please feel free to criticize. But I do appreciate the kind comments too.

Excellent!!!.....all looks great to me.....there's just no way an LE w big display and your custom artwork can miss!!!...best of all worlds...

#2420 3 years ago

Aurich,

Like the BG artwork. Although I know that Heighway is proud of this, can their logo be downsized like was done for the Fox logo? It sticks out like a sore thumb. If it cannot be downsized, perhaps it can be assimilated into the machinery artwork much like the xenomprph does. I'm sure the logo will appear elsewhere on the machine so as to let everyone know who created this. Just a thought.

Definitely looks very good. Can't wait to see more of the artwork. Thanks.

#2421 3 years ago

The art is just what I expected which isn't a bad thing. The egg image looks like the standard VHS box art from long ago. The border, though, has some nice detail. Overall very nice and right for the standard edition.
One thing I did notice was with the emphasis on the cabinet being interchangeability, it doesnt have full art on the sides of the cabinet. It loses a little wow because of that and I wonder if future LEs would have that option.

#2422 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Excellent!!!.....all looks great to me.....there's just no way an LE w big display and your custom artwork can miss!!!...best of all worlds...

Not sure if I missed this somewhere, but won't you lose the backglass art completely if u go for the big lcd?

The idea of 3 lcd's is a little over the top imo - especially 2 lcd's on the backglass, one on top of the other. And do you design a whole bunch of new animations for the big lcd or just repeat the same stuff over the 3 screens. It's even more difficult since the the lcd config will not be consistent across every machine. At least with JJP all games have the big screen and therefore all resources are put into making animations for all models. I can't see how this will work with this Heighway idea.

Will probably become clearer down the track.

#2423 3 years ago

Heighway Pinball, you are the best Alien fans ever. Seriously you delivered after hyping us up at Pintastic. I haven't even seen the playfield finished or gameplay but the artwork shown so far is just perfect. Also there is custom translights people can make for the backglass if people get bored of it.

#2424 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Not sure if I missed this somewhere, but won't you lose the backglass art completely if u go for the big lcd?
The idea of 3 lcd's is a little over the top imo - especially 2 lcd's on the backglass, one on top of the other. And do you design a whole bunch of new animations for the big lcd or just repeat the same stuff over the 3 screens. It's even more difficult since the the lcd config will not be consistent across every machine. At least with JJP all games have the big screen and therefore all resources are put into making animations for all models. I can't see how this will work with this Heighway idea.
Will probably become clearer down the track.

I think there would only be the one large display on the backbox...smaller " screen" below was actually just a placeholder, I believe on full throttle version ( just game logo)

Aurich mentioned previously that he suspected there would be some sort of art surrounding / incorporating the big screen for both SE and LE models....we will have to wait and see.

Having discrete, but relevant
content on playfield and backbox is a game changer, for sure...very, very excited!!!

#2425 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I think there would only be the one large display on the backbox...smaller " screen" below was actually just a placeholder, I believe on Full Throttle version ( just game logo)
Aurich mentioned previously that he suspected there would be some sort of art surrounding / incorporating the big screen for both SE and LE models....we will have to wait and see.
Having discrete, but relevant
content on playfield and backbox is a game changer, for sure...very, very excited!!!

Would make sense - more like JJP's setup for the backbox. I love the idea of the lcd on the pf. Might take some getting used to, but once u did would be invaluable during gameplay.

#2426 3 years ago

I definitely like the second pic of the Translite better. Both look better in the high resolution images than in that fuzzy cabinet shot. IMO, the cab needs something else to set it off. It's just too much black currently. I know the license probably doesn't allow for it, but it would be cool to drop a mug of Ripley and the Queen in the 2 negative areas of the translite.

#2427 3 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

fuzzy cabinet shot.

I bet that looks WAY better "in person" with the side panel lit.

#2428 3 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I bet that looks WAY better "in person" with the side panel lit.

I'm confused, now. I thought the light up windows were out. I'll have to review this thread. Between this and TBL threads, I,m losing track of what's what.

#2429 3 years ago

Absolutely love the art package. It was something like I was expecting and it did not disappoint. I would love to here any feedback on the font. The "Alien" movie uses block type, but seems to have the letters spaced out more... kind of created that outer"space" feel... creepy. The "Aliens" movie uses more of a tall skinny font... creepy and "queen"-like.

The current art title looks like its a little more bold and closer together. Should we assume this was intentional, to grab the attention of potential customers on location or that it worked best with the current art? Curious if way to much time was spent on this or hardly any at all...

Keep up the nice work. Looking forward to having one.

#2430 3 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

I thought the light up windows were out.

That's their whole system--swap panels/playfield/translite...unless they are "out" on an LE..which I missed

#2431 3 years ago

Morning Aurich! Hung Over?

Morning question, if it is OK to answer.

Playfield art....will this be carrying the same color palette as the backbox?

In the Fill in spaces, using GOT sand color as an example, with the color palette deviate in this area?
Where, again GOT as an example, used Gears to fill, will these be filled with Giger-like, Alien Art, or only
art that came from the movies?

In other words, on thin Plastics, rails, etc....Art from the Movie, in Gigers Form, may not all fit, but the genre, his look, offers
more sampling, that is Alien "looking" to fit.

Sorry to ask while you are at the show, but maybe some quick thoughts, without saying what you cant...

Trying to imagine the overall look....

#2432 3 years ago
Quoted from Roo:

Wouldn't the video/UI content that was designed for the small screen in the playfield potentially look really bad when blown up on the big screen? I'm guessing the small screen is a smaller resolution...
Also, does this mean Heighway is changing their philosophy regarding how they approach the video content? I remember reading about how they weren't going for a JJP approach with constantly looping video clips, but more of an atmospheric and helpful UI approach for the player.

I think it would look fantastic if they used the screen built into the playfield for the "smaller" video clips like the motion tracker, sentry gun bullet counts, computer screen readouts counting down the self destruct mode etc., and having the bigger full motion video clips on the monitor.

Just imagine Ripley trying to escape with Newt before the installation self destructs, the beacons are flashing, the playfield GI is simulating the fires that are breaking out, mode progression advances the video content on the monitor as they're trying to escape from the Alien Queen. Ripley slaps the elevator call button, and the floor countdown (showing which floor the elevator is on) is displayed on the mini screen in the playfield. Shot hits bring the elevator closer and cause the floor number to change.. Meanwhile on the monitor, Ripley is slapping the button trying to get it to come faster.. Completing the mode advances the video to show the elevator finally arriving, her and Newt getting onto it and advancing to the next mode..

There's several use case scenarios throughout the two movies that could incorporate video content and mode progression on the larger screen and "status" related content on the smaller screen. From an experience and immersion standpoint, this would be an incredible direction to take this game.

#2433 3 years ago

I also wanted to say that I like the art package. I didn't expect to see the inclusion of the Egg from the movie poster but after thinking about it for awhile, Alien was one of those movies (and I was just a kid at the time and didn't see it until much later) but it was one of those movies where the "monster" reveal was hidden from the audience for such a long time. The Egg didn't really have much to do with the movie per se but it contributed to the suspense served as a source of misdirection for the audience. The Alien wasn't revealed until much later in the movie in this case. In hindsight the Egg seems like a bit of a headscratcher (as were a lot of their movie posters if you go back and look) but it is so iconic for the film and with that in mind it makes sense for it to be included in the Alien backglass.

Having said all of that, is the intent to replace the backglass that we are seeing here with the monitor? If so, I think that this gives Heighway an excellent opportunity to distinguish its product offerings from that of others in the market. I think it would be great if you were able to include an attract mode that has subtle animations on the backglass. I was envisioning an egg pod opening slowly here and there, or a facehugger scampering up the side of the cabinet, fog sort of shimmering around the egg pods, stars twinkling, steam rising up around the big Egg etc. If that was possible and allowable with the license, I think that it would breath some life into the artwork that we don't see currently.

#2434 3 years ago

I knew it had to be the egg! I figured the licensor would want that to be a big part. Great choice! I love the artwork and can appreciate how trying it must be to work with someone else's IP. Nice work Aurich and Heighway.

Now bring on the playfield art.

#2435 3 years ago
Quoted from RavenBlackthorn:

I think it would look fantastic if they used the screen built into the playfield for the "smaller" video clips like the motion tracker, sentry gun bullet counts, computer screen readouts counting down the self destruct mode etc., and having the bigger full motion video clips on the monitor.
There's several use case scenarios throughout the two movies that could incorporate video content and mode progression on the larger screen and "status" related content on the smaller screen. From an experience and immersion standpoint, this would be an incredible direction to take this game.

[Forgive me as I tend to get long winded when my interest is peaked.]

I agree with you... this would be great. But unfortunately I don't see that happening with what we know so far on the Alien pin. Here is what we know. The Heighway architecture can only support 2 differing video feeds. The Alien pin already has 2 differing LCD video feeds on the playfield - the airlock toy and the playfield LCD. It was mentioned earlier the Heighway Team got a little vague when asked about the subject amongst their presentation.

Any video sent to the backbox LCD is just going to mirror the playfield LCD and not offer anything new or different on this title. A home user is probably going to get used to what comes naturally and get information from the playfield LCD above the flippers where all the action is and not deviate their attention. What would be the point of looking away from the playfield during a game if the backbox LCD is just mirroring the exact same playfield LCD information? It would just be diverting your attention away from the action on the playfield, yes? So the giant LCD for a backbox just doesn't have me too excited right now.

I have mixed feelings for the Big Boy LCD option in the backbox for this title. I personally wanted the small LCD in the backbox for Alien just for family and friendly bystanders and of course simply for the very cool bling factor and in hindsight knowing it will not affect the full artwork presentation. Now the Big Boy LCD option is revealed. There goes the full gorgeous green backbox translight artwork which will probably be beautifully accentuated by the (RGB?) addressable LED lighting features there. And now there is a big weird art free negative empty space there when the machine is not on.

If, and this is a big giant (unlikely) IF, the Heighway Team goes through the effort of creating the extra coding and changing their equipment parameters to allow for a 3rd differing video feed providing the visuals for the backbox LCD for their next title - Alien - WOW! YES! It would be an outstanding additional immersive element and I would definitely want to have the Big Boy LCD option. But will they expend the resources and time and cost to do that? All for a 3rd LCD that doesn't come with the game? That would only benefit just the buyers that purchase the 3rd LCD as an optional accessory? I'm guessing realistically - not on this title.

I hope I'm wrong - I would be all about the Big Boy LCD if it will provide a new and immersive additional visual experience on the Alien pin. The downside of the Big Boy LCD is just too great for me otherwise - losing the full art picture and what it looks like when it's not turned on. Eeeeeek!

It was speculated that maybe an "artificial" 3rd video feed could be implemented readily in the Heighway system for Alien if the airlock toy video feed could be diverted to the backbox LCD when it is turned around revealing the Queen and not in view of the player. That's a neat idea if Heighway could pull that off. But again the question remains if it's worth implementing this sort of "3rd" video feed when the necessity of such is only demanded for the percentage of buyers that go down the road of purchasing an additionally optional extra LCD, not to mention a bit of added licensing hurdling work that might compound $$ and timeframes.

On the other hand, for those in on a Full Throttle that is natively built on only one video feed, I think it may make more sense to seek the Big Boy LCD there. The option is more readily present to code in secondary differing visuals resulting in a more relevant immersive experience and especially since it is an original non-licensed theme that can be changed with out third party involvement.

I'm leaning toward an Alien LE with the glorious Lime Green trim and legs with a small LCD underneath the full translight artwork panel that glows and pulses and has who knows what kind of LED interactivity for the 35th Anniversay Artwork translight. I'm not worried about future titles. I'm only concerned about an Alien pin. If future Heighway titles warrants a must buy from me I'll deal with that then. Haha.

Fortunately I suspect there is still a lot of time for the Heighway Team to figure these things out if they don't already have the whole plan set. Andrew always says Alien is his dream title and he and his Team want to make the best Alien pin possible. Because of that kind of passion, I believe he will.

#2436 3 years ago
Quoted from RavenBlackthorn:

I think it would be great if you were able to include an attract mode that has subtle animations on the backglass. I was envisioning an egg pod opening slowly here and there, or a facehugger scampering up the side of the cabinet, fog sort of shimmering around the egg pods, stars twinkling, steam rising up around the big Egg etc. If that was possible and allowable with the license, I think that it would breath some life into the artwork that we don't see currently.

Now that would be beautiful! Great idea.

#2437 3 years ago

I thought that an egg-pod animation would/could be shown opening up to shoot pinballs out for multiball and or virtual locks etc.....locked balls shimmering in the pod so-to-speak (sounds rude but you get what I mean eh)?

#2438 3 years ago
Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

I thought that an egg-pod animation would/could be shown opening up to shoot pinballs out for multiball and or virtual locks etc.....locked balls shimmering in the pod so-to-speak (sounds rude but you get what I mean eh)?

That's the beauty of JJPs setup but with Heighways backbox LCD I don't see why this couldn't be done, maybe it's already part of the plan for the playfield LCD??

#2439 3 years ago

I can't see them coding separate animations just for the big backbox LCD unless almost everyone buys it as an upgrade, or it becomes "standard".

#2440 3 years ago

Love the center area but found the border just a little too different from what I remember the Geiger style conduits and tubes were like in the walls in the movies. They were much fatter in the movies and his artwork. This border looks more like a plant - ivy or similar in that it's features are finer. I wonder if copying the Geiger style is not allowed. Overall I'd be happy to have it in my home.

At the end of the day, gameplay, sounds, and theme integration are the most important. There are thousands of graphic designers who can do this type of art - but only a handful of people who can make a killer game.

#2441 3 years ago

OK so.... after sitting with Andrew and Aurich this weekend and getting to see some of the "non public" things I only have a few things to say

1. If the pf turns out as expected it will exceed everyone's expectations.
1.5 The egg pops are freaking wow looking.
2. I like cats
3. OMG OMG OMG OMG
4. Looks like Andrew is coming to TPF 2016 in March so yall come on out.

-Jeff

#2442 3 years ago

Hi Aurich! Pulled some pics from the "artwork" thread.

464300.jpg
This looks great and can't wait to see it with the 35th Anniversary Limited Edition features with the Lime Green trim and legs and those yellow beacons! There is a reflection of an egg on the playfield glass in the corner... that's right I noticed.

What's that little button at the top center of the backbox?

Hmmm... Could you consider some artwork for the front of the cabinet on the metal coin box door? It looks so plain. Perhaps printed via magnetic photo paper or magnetic vinyl? A couple of those slapped on the front would look so kewl. Warning, safety, identification signs? Something from the movies? I'm sure it can be done in the after market but having you design it for the Home bound LE models which won't be on location so much would be neat. This would be fun to discover as the magnets promised in the LE goody bag.

From the Heighway Alien page: "Exclusive ’35th Anniversary Edition’ Alien Pinball Goodie Bag, With Magnets, T-Shirts, Posters, Badges + Much More!"

464298.jpg
Couldn't help but notice the "SPEAKER PANEL ART IN PROGRESS" placeholder. Can you talk about what we are in store for there? I guess it would be absent if one gets the small LCD option?

464299.jpg
The starfield looks cool on the "sidelights." Not that you should change anything but have you ever seen the Nasa Ultra Deep Field high resolution images? Wonder what it might look like to sharpened some of those larger stars on the sidelights (and backpanel?) into spiral galaxies and various nebulous things.

It looks great though... if you consider anymore fiddling with the image I wonder what it would look like with the commercial towing vehicle Nostromo pulling the automated ore refinery opposite the zenomorph head.

Nostromoto with Refinery.jpg

Can't wait to get this pin and hear the blaring audio count down in my basement

#2443 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Couldn't help but notice the "SPEAKER PANEL ART IN PROGRESS" placeholder. Can you talk about what we are in store for there? I guess it would be absent if one gets the small LCD option?

I'd like to bring the Weland-Yutani logo from the second film into that area. That's an older version than the one I posted on the previous page too.

Quoted from Yipykya:

The starfield looks cool on the "sidelights." Not that you should change anything but have you ever seen the Nasa Ultra Deep Field high resolution images? Wonder what it might look like to sharpened some of those larger stars on the sidelights (and backpanel?) into spiral galaxies and various nebulous things.

That's an older image, there's a little more going on in there now in that direction. But it's subtle, the xeno and the logo are the focus. Here's a more up to date version:

Standard-Side-Art-4.jpg

#2444 3 years ago

Hi Aurich, the artwork you have done is already looking pretty sweet man, I think personally it's a licence where it could be so easy to cram all the cool stuff featured in the films into every inch of the art, less is more is often hard to achieve but the control in the art shows talent man

One question I'd love to know though is will there be much in the art representing ALIENS though? I know the game will allow the player to experience Alien and Aliens but the art at least so far on the cabinet is purely Alien. Just thought I'd ask man as I love the current art would just love to see/know if there's gonna be some more Aliens imagery? Or has it just been simply part of the licence.

Thanks dude

#2445 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'd like to bring the Weland-Yutani logo from the second film into that area. That's an older version than the one I posted on the previous page too.

That's an older image, there's a little more going on in there now in that direction. But it's subtle, the xeno and the logo are the focus. Here's a more up to date version:
Standard-Side-Art-4.jpg

Though subtle, when comparing both pictures on my phone the last one looks to create more depth. Nice work.

#2446 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

One question I'd love to know though is will there be much in the art representing ALIENS though? I know the game will allow the player to experience Alien and Aliens but the art at least so far on the cabinet is purely Alien. Just thought I'd ask man as I love the current art would just love to see/know if there's gonna be some more Aliens imagery? Or has it just been simply part of the licence.

There's a lot more to do with ALIENS on the playfield. The art, the mechs, the toys. You can expect the drop ship, the APC, the Queen, the motion tracker, the sentry guns, all kinds of good stuff.

#2447 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

There's a lot more to do with ALIENS on the playfield. The art, the mechs, the toys. You can expect the drop ship, the APC, the Queen, the motion tracker, the sentry guns, all kinds of good stuff.

Now that does sound exciting Aurich, I was actually hoping you might say that, so your answer couldn't have been any better

Cannot wait to see the playfield art even more excited to see it now! I assume there will still be some Alien based art on the playfield mixed into the more Aliens focuses art?

Thanks for the reply Aurich

#2448 3 years ago

is there any chance to see soon a video of the new pf flipping ? like you made some month ago with the first pf draft ?
just the new pf cut whitewood

#2449 3 years ago

Aurich, is the other side of the cab going to have identical art? Or will the text and xeno switch sides, so that the xeno is towards the back of the cab?

Edit - Like so... (poor PS job)
465257a.jpg

#2450 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Cannot wait to see the playfield art even more excited to see it now! I assume there will still be some Alien based art on the playfield mixed into the more Aliens focuses art?

Oh yeah, for sure. I'm trying to keep a balance. The second film has more stuff, since there are marines, with gear, and way more xenos, and just a lot more action that's easier to draw from. But the goal is to represent both.

Quoted from Raknitz:

is there any chance to see soon a video of the new pf flipping ? like you made some month ago with the first pf draft ?
just the new pf cut whitewood

I think once Andrew is back in the UK and settled we'll probably see more of that. It was a bit rushed for the Expo talk, so a little more time should get it together more.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
$ 399.95
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Göteborg, VäSTRA GöTALANDS LäN
16,000 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Middleborough, MA
$ 18,500.00
Pinball Machine
www.retroarcade.se
Machine - For Sale
Los Altos, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
There are 25243 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 505.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside