pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 487 of 601.
#24301 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Nice looking game. How you get your issue fixed. But the question is who updated the software in Feb 2019? I thought the programmers moved on to other projects outside of pinballbrothers/heighway.
"In the system menu is the Build date 16/02/2019.
SW Version 1.3B3"

This^^^^

#24302 4 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

I don't know if there is a rule set out there from the last few code updates. I thought I remembered reading a fairly detailed listed somewhere a bit ago but can't find it look now. It would be helpful in diagnosing problems to know how many balls come out during what multi balls and modes. I thought I asked before but couldn't find it in the post history, how many balls does ambush start off as? And is it possible to add a ball or balls in that multi ball?
Haven't watched it yet but the new 40th anniversary 4k UHD of Alien came out today.

i still have the original document Word format or can send to pdf.

pm with an email address if u want it

#24303 4 years ago

Usually I don’t add stuff to my pins but I’m such a fun of this pin and so many toys out there... so I’ve added those 2 things. I think those fit well with the playfield

455937BB-F771-44E6-80B2-B6974637B36A (resized).jpeg455937BB-F771-44E6-80B2-B6974637B36A (resized).jpeg817B9CE1-8167-433B-B133-D17F8CFE7C04 (resized).jpeg817B9CE1-8167-433B-B133-D17F8CFE7C04 (resized).jpegD382CD39-1025-471F-8DAA-E06992595585 (resized).jpegD382CD39-1025-471F-8DAA-E06992595585 (resized).jpeg

#24304 4 years ago

Left side is good. Can’t tell if it is an armored plate or maybe a ship ???

#24305 4 years ago

Aliens: USS sulaco
3B481B8A-23EE-453E-8C78-1B2980553823 (resized).jpeg3B481B8A-23EE-453E-8C78-1B2980553823 (resized).jpeg

Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Left side is good. Can’t tell if it is an armored plate or maybe a ship ???

#24306 4 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

Aliens: USS sulaco
[quoted image]

Love it! Mind sharing where to get one or how its attached?

#24307 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Nice looking game. Hope you get your issue fixed. But the question is who updated the software in Feb 2019? I thought the programmers moved on to other projects outside of pinballbrothers/heighway.
"In the system menu is the Build date 16/02/2019.
SW Version 1.3B3"

Once again......

I realize people can be slow on the uptake but......

There is a programmer working on the code (from the prior effort, not Ferret) for the NEW game coming out and being re-introduced.

Like Ted said, tick tock...

#24308 4 years ago

Hmmmm and this new code works on old HW games?

#24309 4 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Hmmmm and this new code works on old HW games?

Apparently it does. Building machines it's a lot different than building code but I'm eager to see what's up.

#24310 4 years ago

How many people are going to sink money into a relaunched Pinball Brothers Alien, knowing how the last venture panned out, how many people lost their deposits & full payments after they wound up HP? You'd have to be pretty desperate and foolhardy I'd have thought?

#24311 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Once again......
I realize people can be slow on the uptake but......
There is a programmer working on the code (from the prior effort, not Ferret) for the NEW game coming out and being re-introduced.
Like Ted said, tick tock...

What is wrong with the old code? It’s the best part of Alien classic after audio and video. Maybe it only runs for furry rodents. If PB is redoing software too, they’re better off starting the game from scratch. Get rid of legacy systems and bring us a new Alien game. Maybe even sign Sigourney Weaver this go round.

#24312 4 years ago

The programmer would be involved in retrofitting the old code into the new cabinet/electronics/hardware IF it is getting made by a new company.

What is wrong with the old code? It’s the best part after audio and video. Maybe it only runs for furry rodents.

#24313 4 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

How many people are going to sink money into a relaunched Pinball Brothers Alien, knowing how the last venture panned out, how many people lost their deposits & full payments after they wound up HP? You'd have to be pretty desperate and foolhardy I'd have thought?

Provide pre-order money? Or get on some six month waiting list with a deposit? Definitely foolhardy. If they actually start making these and distributors have stock, where I could order and have it shipped the next day I'd definitely consider it.

#24314 4 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Provide pre-order money? Or get on some six month waiting list with a deposit?

Umm, more like 3 years for early adopters, and still lost the deposit, or whatever was paid.

#24315 4 years ago

What is wrong with the old code? It’s the best part of Alien classic after audio and video. Maybe it only runs for furry rodents. If PB is redoing software too, they’re better off starting the game from scratch. Get rid of legacy systems and bring us a new Alien game. Maybe even sign Sigourney Weaver this go round.

The old code is great. Just getting better

Bally parts and reworked mechs etc

#24316 4 years ago

I'm just here to say Happy Alien Day to all of you lucky pinsiders who have the game (again, I'm beyond excited to be joining the club once I finalize things with the current game's owner).

#24317 4 years ago

Oh boy ...
Rumors, hearsay, maybe´s, some of you guys sound like it is a fact that there will come more Aliens.
Pinside is a very big gossip factory
Other hand .. why did they produce more plastics in PETG ?? Conspiracy ...

#24318 4 years ago
Quoted from PinDoctor82:

I'm just here to say Happy Alien Day to all of you lucky pinsiders who have the game (again, I'm beyond excited to be joining the club once I finalize things with the current game's owner).

Happy Alien Day! Occurring yearly between April 20 and May 04 celebrations.

7EAE8407-9C1E-4ABE-BBEB-87A755015D33 (resized).jpeg7EAE8407-9C1E-4ABE-BBEB-87A755015D33 (resized).jpeg
#24319 4 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Love it! Mind sharing where to get one or how its attached?

Not attached yet. I may use hot glue or wire them. It hang well anyway.

Here are the 2 toys I added. I m also a big fan of Alien 3 movie.

https://shop.eaglemoss.com/fr/alien/vaisseau-uss-sulaco
https://headhunterstore.weebly.com/store/p2092/NECA_ALIEN_3_DOG_ALIEN.html

#24320 4 years ago

Well the Weyland yutani reebok shoes in my size are sold out .. thank god I didn’t want to waste more money

#24321 4 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Other hand .. why did they produce more plastics in PETG ??

Just grateful someone stepped up and did these for everyone needing a set. New version of game? Would be awesome for more to own these.

#24322 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Just grateful someone stepped up and did these for everyone needing a set. New version of game? Would be awesome for more to own these.

Are the PETG plastic sets available again?

#24323 4 years ago

Thanks for asking. I was going to as well. I’d be in for a set of plastics.

#24324 4 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Are the PETG plastic sets available again?

Just going off @tomdk's comment. I would hope Free play or anyone would offer them to the existing community.

#24325 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Just going off tomdk's comment. I would hope Free play or anyone would offer them to the existing community.

@jvspin, I emailed freeplay.se. Will let u know what I find. Thanks as always MK6PIN!

#24326 4 years ago

For any owners that have their coin slot LED working, can you take some pics of how it's connected? Mine is not currently connected but want to get it going (mostly so I can hook an LED strip to it as I think the flipper section could use a little more light....only area I would like a little more light....).

#24327 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

For any owners that have their coin slot LED working, can you take some pics of how it's connected? Mine is not currently connected but want to get it going (mostly so I can hook an LED strip to it as I think the flipper section could use a little more light....only area I would like a little more light....).

Unhooked the factory wires and ran my own wires inside to the 12volt power supply running all my other LEDs on the game

20190429_231750.jpg20190429_231750.jpg20190429_231757.jpg20190429_231757.jpg
#24328 4 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Unhooked the factory wires and ran my own wires inside to the 12volt power supply running all my other LEDs on the game
[quoted image][quoted image]

thanks - which is the box you ran the wires to (forget where the 12 volt is)....and any reason why you didn't use the factory ones?

#24329 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

thanks - which is the box you ran the wires to (forget where the 12 volt is)....and any reason why you didn't use the factory ones?

From what I understand is they only light with the factory wires when it's set to take coins not free play...Any LED mods I add to any of my machines are ran on aftermarket 12volt power supply I add inside the cabinet...usually i use a 12volt 5Amp power supply to run all my lights..that way i am never adding any load to the factory 12volt power supply...just what i have always done for piece of mind

#24330 4 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

From what I understand is they only light with the factory wires when it's set to take coins not free play...Any LED mods I add to any of my machines are ran on aftermarket 12volt power supply I add inside the cabinet...usually i use a 12volt 5Amp power supply to run all my lights..that way i am never adding any load to the factory 12volt power supply...just what i have always done for piece of mind

Ditto on external power supply... run them on all my games except Alien. It has a separate, switching PS anyway, and underpowered.

I swapped with a more powerful version, no game resets, and powers all my mod stuff.
Great idea on coin slot light!! Was going to trace to see if there was a more interactive spot to plug it in, but your approach sounds best....

#24331 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Ditto on external power supply... run them on all my games except Alien. It has a separate, switching PS anyway, and underpowered.
I swapped with a more powerful version, no game resets, and powers all my mod stuff.
Great idea on coin slot light!! Was going to trace to see if there was a more interactive spot to plug it in, but your approach sounds best....

Yep when I replace the main 12 volt power supply to a Greenwell I'll put everything on it and remove my additional one... I've got a Greenwell large power supply running a bunch of stuff in my home (Audio/Video etc...) and it has been running nonstop for 3 years with no issues...they are great!!

#24332 4 years ago

Top and bottom pcb boards are available on pi ball life again

https://www.pinballlife.com/alien-top-pcb.html

#24334 4 years ago

Nice find - now all they need to do is sell the small LE plaque....

#24335 4 years ago

Seems like this side art was planned for production (the one below for limited edition).
Anyone knows if some has been produced? Never seen one

If it can be redone it would be great...

E136D65B-4C59-41E1-97B7-1547BB7A4054 (resized).pngE136D65B-4C59-41E1-97B7-1547BB7A4054 (resized).png
#24336 4 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

Seems like this side art was planned for production (the one below for limited edition).

Since I sold my LE without even really looking at it I'm not sure what was on it exactly, but that's the normal LE art. I think maybe they got lazy at Heighway and just used one of them and flipped it for the other side? I don't actually know for sure what was or wasn't produced.

#24337 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Since I sold my LE without even really looking at it I'm not sure what was on it exactly, but that's the normal LE art. I think maybe they got lazy at Heighway and just used one of them and flipped it for the other side? I don't actually know for sure what was or wasn't produced.

The only one I’ve ever seen is the one above. The below looked also great... too bad it didn’t make it to production.
For the standard version, I’ve noticed that some pins have both the same exact side panels and some have same art inverted (mirrored). So for the LE version, it was originally planned to have 2 different arts for each side.

#24338 4 years ago

Dang missed out again!

#24339 4 years ago

Wow. It was fast...

62F79365-2E2F-4E0B-B030-891B6D277884 (resized).png62F79365-2E2F-4E0B-B030-891B6D277884 (resized).png7CEC6A26-2DE5-480B-A908-D22FFF45BF78 (resized).png7CEC6A26-2DE5-480B-A908-D22FFF45BF78 (resized).png
#24340 4 years ago

K

#24341 4 years ago

Okay yeah, the mirrored Queen panels was Heighway laziness. Was always supposed to be unique art on each side. Things kinda fell apart at the end there.

#24342 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Okay yeah, the mirrored Queen panels was Heighway laziness. Was always supposed to be unique art on each side. Things kinda fell apart at the end there.

Yes... left side looks a bit strange... Alien’s head was planned to be on the back on both sides ...
Was there any supplier for that? I wonder why they kept only one... complexity issue... just a miss... if there would be the original file art somewhere, I wonder if it could be redone...

#24343 4 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

If it can be redone it would be great...
[quoted image]

The LE Art that the Game was supposed to ship with stated 35th Anniversary Edition and was supposed to come with the Brian Allen Backglass

07950BFC-FFC9-41E6-A35D-FCED929A3E2A (resized).jpeg07950BFC-FFC9-41E6-A35D-FCED929A3E2A (resized).jpeg1C7B6E9C-DF26-42C1-8C12-A6BAB90727A3 (resized).jpeg1C7B6E9C-DF26-42C1-8C12-A6BAB90727A3 (resized).jpeg7C818B25-8CC2-4EAF-9BC2-C03EDA106A67 (resized).jpeg7C818B25-8CC2-4EAF-9BC2-C03EDA106A67 (resized).jpeg89AEE405-FAFD-495E-A368-30619E490D3D (resized).jpeg89AEE405-FAFD-495E-A368-30619E490D3D (resized).jpeg

#24344 4 years ago

Many cobbled, "one offs", especially early, when money was needed. People got LE "DIY" kits (seen in this thread). Given an actual LE never got released until the very end, no telling what might be on the couple hundred max of these things ever made. Hell, I don't think Aurich even saw what was going out early, much less having any input...crazy times for sure.

Mine has the same art on the sides that PBL is selling, but the lower version looks cool too. There are several ways to identify if the machine was built as an LE, or morphed into one.

Doesn't really matter, I suppose, as they're all sort of limited. Grateful mine is as close to "finished" as they ever got, and have only modded to improve reliability. Love playing this game!!!!

#24345 4 years ago

The 35th anniversary thing is 'fake' LE, that was never an official version. For good reason, it wasn't the 35th anymore by that point. Andrew sent a couple out to people I guess. We canned that once it was painfully out of date.

The Brian Allen design thankfully was never official for the LE either, because he's a good artist, but he drew the Queen way off model, and it's pretty annoying if you're a fan. He added horns to her for some reason, and didn't put the right number of fingers on her hands. Once Fox approved that I realized Andrew was full of shit by the way, that was the point where I realized we weren't playing with any rules but what he was making up at the time. He said Fox wasn't allowing hand drawn art, and then hired Brian to redraw my design using approved Queen assets behind my back.

Then the call was to make LEs all have the backglass LCD, and the Pinball Bros dumped Brian's design and had me rework my original LE design to work with that big hole. It's fine, but just one more thing that was a mess and done with more confusion than was necessary.

#24346 4 years ago

I'm sure I've posted this before, but this was my original LE backglass design that was done with 'approved' assets, which at the time I was told was the only way to do things. I guess Andrew didn't like it, and I said well, I dunno what else to do, you've locked me into a box with what I'm allowed to use, we're scraping the bottom of the barrel here, I've wrung all the blood from these stones I can. And at this point we're years in and I'm sick of his shit and spending all this unpaid time on the game. So that's when he went to Brian and had him redraw my design. Suddenly hand drawn art was kosher I guess, I dunno, fuck Andrew and his lies.

Anyways, then the call went to not have a non-LCD version, and this one never came out either, just the rework to fit the screen.

alien-le-backglass.jpgalien-le-backglass.jpg

#24347 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The 35th anniversary thing is 'fake' LE, that was never an official version. For good reason, it wasn't the 35th anymore by that point. Andrew sent a couple out to people I guess. We canned that once it was painfully out of date.
The Brian Allen design thankfully was never official for the LE either, because he's a good artist, but he drew the Queen way off model, and it's pretty annoying if you're a fan. He added horns to her for some reason, and didn't put the right number of fingers on her hands. Once Fox approved that I realized Andrew was full of shit by the way, that was the point where I realized we weren't playing with any rules but what he was making up at the time.

Spot on Aurich ...I remember way back.... when the USA guys (you included) finally got to deal w FOX, and had stated how easy they were to deal with.

I think the "licensing/ approval" holdups were sniffed out by many of us as more of a stall tactic. Crazy times, for sure.

#24348 4 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

The LE Art that the Game was supposed to ship with stated 35th Anniversary Edition and was supposed to come with the Brian Allen Backglass
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Art as Shown by Andrew for Alien day intended for the LE’s to ship with

#24349 4 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Spot on aurich ...I remember way back.... when the USA guys (you included) finally got to deal w FOX, and had stated how easy they were to deal with.
I think the "licensing/ approval" holdups were sniffed out by many of us as more of a stall tactic. Crazy times, for sure.

I think at the time I said something like in a 10 minute call I got more done than in 3 years of back and forth BS with the UK heh. That's honestly my number one regret about this entire thing, Andrew refused to let me talk directly to Fox. I had no contacts, couldn't do a thing. So much nonsense could have potentially been avoided.

I don't think it was a stall tactic honestly, I think he was just a control freak. He couldn't stand the idea of not being the only person talking to them. Which was just so dumb, because working on pinball art is some side hobby stuff for me, working with big companies and agencies like that is my actual bread and butter career, I've been doing this for decades now. You're not going to lose your big license because dummy Aurich couldn't handle a phone meeting or an email. I'm pretty good at my job actually, heh.

I honestly suspect that Fox would have been very cool to work with in the end, it was ridiculously easy to handle that LE art approval. Ah well.

#24350 4 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Art as Shown by Andrew for Alien day intended for the LE’s to ship with

the four words at the bottom of that video made it all the more painful....( doubt FOX ever saw that)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
9,799 (OBO)
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 487 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/487 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.