pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 485 of 601.
#24201 5 years ago

Can someone check their amp and tell me if next to the bass volume there is a blue light on? See pic. There is a red light on mine then the bass volume knob and then there is a clear circular light that remains clear on except I've seen it turn blue for split second.

Anyone have theirs remain a constant blue?

20190414_140644 (resized).jpg20190414_140644 (resized).jpg
#24202 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

I’d probably be in, how much are you thinking?

Not sure what it would be

Free play had them at 247 euro

#24203 5 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Forgot I finally got a few toys installed also
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks good. I got the same chest buster coming too.

What is that black coil like casing by your right flip ramp?

#24204 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Looks good. I got the same chest buster coming too.
What is that black coil like casing by your right flip ramp?

Lol just some wire loom thought it kinda went with the theme and covers those wires going to the switch!

#24205 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Can someone check their amp and tell me if next to the bass volume there is a blue light on? See pic. There is a red light on mine then the bass volume knob and then there is a clear circular light that remains clear on except I've seen it turn blue for split second.
Anyone have theirs remain a constant blue?
[quoted image]

Yes flickering blue most of the time!

#24206 5 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Yes flickering blue most of the time!

Ok so yours is flickering blue? So if you have the game on its constantly flickering blue? I wonder if anyone else can confirm on their end as well. Mine does not flicker blue but it's def on bc when I turn it off or play with settings the audio does change

#24207 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Ok so yours is flickering blue? So if you have the game on its constantly flickering blue? I wonder if anyone else can confirm on their end as well. Mine does not flicker blue but it's def on bc when I turn it off or play with settings the audio does change

Yes flickering when sound is playing

#24208 5 years ago

Yes the blue appear once game is running with sound effects.

#24209 5 years ago

Mine too. Flickering blue.

#24210 5 years ago

Does anyone experienced the game to stop during gameplay and go back to attract mode?

I wonder if it’s software or bad USB or else...
Seems like it happen once the ball go to the air lock scoop time to time.

#24211 5 years ago

When this happens, does it go through a partial startup, like the blue-background screen with the code version number? Or all the way back to the black PC power up screen? Or neither of those, it just switches to attract mode instantly?

#24212 5 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

When this happens, does it go through a partial startup, like the blue-background screen with the code version number? Or all the way back to the black PC power up screen? Or neither of those, it just switches to attract mode instantly?

No it freeze, screen become black for 1s and go back to the attract mode right after.
It happened serveral times with the ambush multi and once in the tunnel hunt

#24213 5 years ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

Mine too. Flickering blue.

Ok I just bought two new amps. Weird bc the sound is fine and bass is working but i don’t see that blue light so why not try new. I’ll update if it makes any diff. If not it certainly sounds fine

#24214 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Ok I just bought two new amps. Weird bc the sound is fine and bass is working but i don’t see that blue light so why not try new. I’ll update if it makes any diff. If not it certainly sounds fine

Have you tried slowly adjusting the black bass volume knob? It is what controls the lower cabinet speaker and your added powered subwoofer if you connected to that....

#24215 5 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Have you tried slowly adjusting the black bass volume knob? It is what controls the lower cabinet speaker and your added powered subwoofer if you connected to that....

Yeah I have and it definitely increases the bass but no blue light flashing. If these new ones don't fix I'll just return and conclude it's just normal

#24216 5 years ago

Hey guys how do you have to the save newt multi ball? I have never seen it.

#24217 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Someone will correct me but I think you have to complete the lifecycle shots two (maybe three?) times to light it.

#24218 5 years ago

Quick little 20 minute project...had some extra LED that I cut to length, soldered, and installed inside the speaker ring! Just the mod me being me lol

20190414_211831.jpg20190414_211831.jpg
#24219 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

On the display there is a lifecycle hud. You need to complete the lifecycle twice, hitting each phase in order (egg, facehugger, chestburster, then Xeno). There inserts light up also as you progress.

#24220 5 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

On the display there is a lifecycle hud. You need to complete the lifecycle twice, hitting each phase in order (egg, facehugger, chestburster, then Xeno). There inserts light up also as you progress.

And you'll know it when you do it....some of these modes are just insane the deeper you get. "immersive" doesn't do it justice as a description...

#24221 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

And you'll know it when you do it....some of these modes are just insane the deeper you get. "immersive" doesn't do it justice as a description...

I love when you fail that MB, the girls stuffed animal rises to the top of the water taken from that famous clip in the movie....creepy.

#24222 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

How many people would be in for a full petg plastic set?
I missed the last free play notice.
I've got the files to get some made if its feasible economically.

I'd take two sets.

#24224 5 years ago

Why not just make a dozen sets and sales will take care of themselves? Sell the first batch, make another dozen. Sell second batch and make another. Three batches would probably make all happy.

#24225 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I would be happy to get one set also (if the price is somehow reasonable)...

#24226 5 years ago
Quoted from Per_:

Same here

#24227 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

In for a set!

#24228 5 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Ok guys and gals just my personal opinion but in the last 2 days I spent 2 hours playing Batman 66 Premium and at least 2 hours playing Star Wars Premium at a buddies home...not trying to piss in anybodies Cheerios but man I don't get spending that kind of money for those games..yes I realize all pins are probably overpriced but unless something REALLY wows me I'm glad I haven't bought those Stern games...Come home to Alien or remember a lot of games I've had in the past and wow no way! One game on Alien and my mindset is back in line ha ha

I enjoyed Alien and would consider getting another in the future. The sound and immersion factor is as good as anything else out there. Now I enjoy my Star Wars Premium and at current prices it's about a $5k difference. Good call on having IJ on your wishlist because I think it pairs well with Alien, but I actually would put IJ ahead of it as far as game play goes. The only reason I let IJ go was because it's on location nearby.

#24229 5 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

I enjoyed Alien and would consider getting another in the future. The sound and immersion factor is as good as anything else out there. Now I enjoy my Star Wars Premium and at current prices it's about a $5k difference. Good call on having IJ on your wishlist because I think it pairs well with Alien, but I actually would put IJ ahead of it as far as game play goes. The only reason I let IJ go was because it's on location nearby.

Funny b/c I thought IJ really fell apart in the gameplay department. I tried 3 times and each time I decided to let it go b/c of the gameplay. I'm playing the bottom all day long. The saucer shot can be hit all day for MB which is why it's not in tournys. Too bad b/c it's the total package otherwise and rivals Alien in presentation.

#24230 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'd be interested.

Is free play going to do more sets?

#24231 5 years ago
Quoted from Per_:

Same here.

#24232 5 years ago

Trying to get the answer re Free Play and will pass it on.

#24233 5 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

I now have normal bass! I ended up pushing the bass volume button in and all of a sudden I had so much bass it was insane. The blue light started going off so I knew it was kicked in finally. I ended up taking the knob off and leaving the little knob bare which I can use to turn. This allows the blue light to stay blinking as you were describing and thankfully, the bass sounds like my original. Bass explosion. Love it!

I ended up buying 2 backup amps b/c I figured why not for 50 a pop. Peace of mind. Obviously that makes a big difference.

#24234 5 years ago

The proper audio makes all the difference!

#24235 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I now have normal bass! I ended up pushing the bass volume button in and all of a sudden I had so much bass it was insane. The blue light started going off so I knew it was kicked in finally. I ended up taking the knob off and leaving the little knob bare which I can use to turn. This allows the blue light to stay blinking as you were describing and thankfully, it now the bass sounds like my original. Bass explosion. Love it!
I ended up buying 2 backup amps b/c I figured why not for 50 a pop. Peace of mind. Obviously that makes a big difference.

Awesome man! Makes huge impact I personally think Sorry not remotely the same without a powered subwoofer

#24236 5 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Awesome man! Makes huge impact I personally think Sorry not remotely the same without a powered subwoofer

It's insane. It's exactly how I felt with my original alien and then i got this and again, sound was fine - speakers worked, even my sub would do something but something felt off (like a little hollow). As soon as I played with that button, and it went blue there was this rumbling like my house was going to come crashing down as i had my bass all the way up.

With this blue light going constantly, it's like a movie theatre experience and brought me right back to October 17 when Alien first hit.

#24237 5 years ago

There is a difference in the subwoofers !
A friend of mine has a very early Alien and it has a very powerfull bass in the cabinett !
I have a very late LE with an other, not so powerfull bass. So I put a active subwoofer from Yamaha under the cab .....
hammer !!!!!!

s-l1600 (resized).jpgs-l1600 (resized).jpg
#24238 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'd be in for a set for sure.

#24239 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'd be in for a set.
QSS

#24240 5 years ago

I would be in for a set of plastics too.

#24241 5 years ago

One other thing I'm noticing about this game now that I've owned many JJP games, including pirates - the monitor used in Alien in the backbox is top notch quality. It's easily better quality to JJPs especially JJP's recently offerings which downgraded the quality of their monitors compared to what was used in earlier games. The PF monitor is also very sharp.

#24242 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

One other thing I'm noticing about this game now that I've owned many JJP games, including pirates - the monitor used in Alien in the backbox is top notch quality. It's easily better quality to JJPs especially JJP's recently offerings which downgraded the quality of their monitors compared to what was used in earlier games. The PF monitor is also very sharp.

Content and resolution play a big part in the difference...you can tell Alien video had genuine studio elements to it...REALLY hope a home code rev eventually materializes that uses even more of what they had.

Audio is easily one of the (if not the) best out there, as well.

Game is ridiculous in comparison...

+1000 to anyone that takes the plastics files, and prints them at a reasonable markup for the good of the community!!!! I have them buried in a folder too, and am certain who I WON'T be sharing this (or other) info with moving forward. Wish I had a source, but don't. GO ICE!!!

(covering several posts w this)

#24243 5 years ago

In for one maybe two sets!

#24244 5 years ago

Thankfully, if things go as it appears they should, I would also be interested in a set of plastics!

I may soon be joining the Alien owners club and I can't stop getting excited about it!

#24245 5 years ago
Quoted from PinDoctor82:

Thankfully, if things go as it appears they should, I would also be interested in a set of plastics!
I may soon be joining the Alien owners club and I can't stop getting excited about it!

Congrats? Another pinsider selling or somewhere else?

btw - lesson learned that maybe others can take away from too.....the original glass in this game is THICK. I tried to replace it with invisiglass and that worked but the Alien glass wouldn't fit on my other game and without an extra piece lying around, I was forced to put everything back the way it was. Damn those screens that hold in the glass!

#24246 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Congrats? Another pinsider selling or somewhere else?
btw - lesson learned that maybe others can take away from too.....the original glass in this game is THICK. I tried to replace it with invisiglass and that worked but the Alien glass wouldn't fit on my other game and without an extra piece lying around, I was forced to put everything back the way it was. Damn those screens that hold in the glass!

Yep crazy isn't it! When I pulled mine out to put in PDI I was like this is thick ha ha but PDI works perfect

#24247 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Ha...I discovered the same thing ( may have posted back in the thread about it)...It was a "wtf" moment for sure. The magazine is heavy enough...one of the good things, however..you can take it on and off easily without worrying about smudging the glass...

#24248 5 years ago

You should ask freeplay.se if he can backorder the sets. If you buy from outside Europe with no VAT a set is 200 EURO. This is a very very good price for a full set !!

#24249 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Realize I'm risking some flames coming my way, but really don't think Alien beats JJP in any respect when it comes to the video, I always though it was a weakness of the game. Don't get me wrong, it's an admirable package, but not without it's faults, looking forward to setting mine up once my room is finished.

#24250 5 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

Realize I'm risking some flames coming my way, but really don't think Alien beats JJP in any respect when it comes to the video, I always though it was a weakness of the game. Don't get me wrong, it's an admirable package, but not without it's faults, looking forward to setting mine up once my room is finished.

I'm talking about the quality of the tv panel used in alien vs jjps...although I do think the video presentation is some of the best in Alien and holds it weight against industry leader jjp.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

9,999 (OBO)
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 485 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/485?hl=lamprey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.