• 24,458 posts
  • 984 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by MK6PIN
  • Topic is favorited by 263 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,795 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

D1D138C1-CC9C-4F78-8A5A-1124491ECEF2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190501_214500606 (resized).jpg
CE329737-7E39-47CC-9D4A-13949E94DA14 (resized).png
alien-le-backglass.jpg
07950BFC-FFC9-41E6-A35D-FCED929A3E2A (resized).jpeg
7C818B25-8CC2-4EAF-9BC2-C03EDA106A67 (resized).jpeg
89AEE405-FAFD-495E-A368-30619E490D3D (resized).jpeg
1C7B6E9C-DF26-42C1-8C12-A6BAB90727A3 (resized).jpeg
62F79365-2E2F-4E0B-B030-891B6D277884 (resized).png
7CEC6A26-2DE5-480B-A908-D22FFF45BF78 (resized).png
E136D65B-4C59-41E1-97B7-1547BB7A4054 (resized).png
20190429_231750.jpg
20190429_231757.jpg
7EAE8407-9C1E-4ABE-BBEB-87A755015D33 (resized).jpeg
3B481B8A-23EE-453E-8C78-1B2980553823 (resized).jpeg
817B9CE1-8167-433B-B133-D17F8CFE7C04 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24458 posts in this topic. You are on page 484 of 490.
#24151 37 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

Also is the Shaker worth it now? In my original it barely went off. If so which one did you guys buy? I think my first one was red tremor cointaker

Shaker is ayight. It mostly goes off with crash with the drop ship and the apc vehicle crash

Did u mount the sirens urself ? I need to replace one of mine how did u screw into the backbox withiut hitting the giant lcd screen ?

#24152 37 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

Also is the Shaker worth it now? In my original it barely went off. If so which one did you guys buy? I think my first one was red tremor cointaker

The shaker definitely enhances the game even though it’s quite selective. IMHO

#24153 37 days ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Nice writeup, but that first pic made me lol. By the time that was all set up, well, my drill would have been cleaned, cab vaccumed and fan mounted..

I know, we Germans tend to overengineer things a little bit Especially me...

#24154 37 days ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Shaker is ayight. It mostly goes off with crash with the drop ship and the apc vehicle crash
Did u mount the sirens urself ? I need to replace one of mine how did u screw into the backbox withiut hitting the giant lcd screen ?

I did - there are circles already taken out of the wood inside of the head that basically show you where you need to drill through. It's very straight forward. you should be fine.

#24155 37 days ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I just took a speaker wire and mounted some alligator clips to one end then put it directly on the woofer speaker . The sound system in alien is already so good I didn’t think it added that Much but that’s my opinion

you took alligator clips and attached to what in the machine? Did you attach them directly to the two plugs that attach the the sub in the game itself b/c my clips had plastic around them so I trimmed a little off of each and then attach the clips to the expose part of that clip an then put that clip back on the sub.

I just don't know if that really works well and with the amp, I'm think you can connect to the external sub with red and white audio plugs....?

#24156 37 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

Congrats Delt31 for the Alien! I am using the original shaker that came with the pin. I believe it is this one (and which seems to be available still at free-play.se): https://www.free-play.se/en/modding/pinball-mods/alien-shaker-motor.html

#24157 37 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

you took alligator clips and attached to what in the machine? Did you attach them directly to the two plugs that attach the the sub in the game itself b/c my clips had plastic around them so I trimmed a little off of each and then attach the clips to the expose part of that clip an then put that clip back on the sub.
I just don't know if that really works well and with the amp, I'm think you can connect to the external sub with red and white audio plugs....?

Yes you can do it either way but I chose also to Unhook those 2 wires from the lower cabinet speaker and attach my wires to those 2 wires and run to the high level input (speaker level input) on the powered Polk subwoofer. No reason to have lower cabinet speaker hooked up once you added a powered subwoofer.... Huge difference in sound! A shaker doesn't get used a whole lot but when it does it's nice having the shaker So still think it's worth a $100

#24158 37 days ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Yes you can do it either way but I chose also to Unhook those 2 wires from the lower cabinet speaker and attach my wires to those 2 wires and run to the high level input (speaker level input) on the powered Polk subwoofer. No reason to have lower cabinet speaker hooked up once you added a powered subwoofer.... Huge difference in sound! A shaker doesn't get used a whole lot but when it does it's nice having the shaker So still think it's worth a $100

Great idea! So you basically cut off the two existing clips stripped the wire and then attached speaker wire to them while the other end of that attached wire goes to the sub?
I like that if so bc I rather not have internal sub anyway and shake the inside of the cabinet. this less vibration the better for this game.

Alien is 100% thus far. Thinking of increasing the led brightness but I remember that change would cause a bug on my original (might have been software related only).

#24159 37 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

Guys can someone with the inner side lights tell me where the power wires to into the main power grid?
Here are the latest pics....SE art into LE art. Game works perfectly! Inner lights going in now and beacons tomorrow.

Love the LE translight. I moved too slow to get one from Pinball Life. If anyone has a reasonably priced spare, I'd be interested.

#24160 37 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

Great idea! So you basically cut off the two existing clips stripped the wire and then attached speaker wire to them while the other end of that attached wire goes to the sub?
I like that if so bc I rather not have internal sub anyway and shake the inside of the cabinet. this less vibration the better for this game.
Alien is 100% thus far. Thinking of increasing the led brightness but I remember that change would cause a bug on my original (might have been software related only).

Correct you can always put new connecting terminals on later to rehook cabinet speaker back up!

#24161 37 days ago

The shaker is IMHO not important ... can not remember when I feel it last time ... its only on some missions lightly active ...

#24162 37 days ago

So I thought Wonka was going to give this game a run for it's money but no way. It's def a good game but it still amazes me how this troubled game got so many things right with layout, music. Effects, alien toy, lighting it's the ultimate package.

Also the upper part of Wonka - doesn't the upper left and right remind you of alien?

#24163 37 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

So I thought Wonka was going to give this game a run for it's money but no way. It's def a good game but it still amazes me how this troubled game got so many things right with layout, music. Effects, alien toy, lighting it's the ultimate package.
Also the upper part of Wonka - doesn't the upper left and right remind you of alien?

Yes. I was expecting something revolutionary such as funhouse at the time. It looks like a good game but the art is mainly from the movie, the main toy with the trap is a good idea but remind TOM a bit. It s a cool game for sure but I would buy WOZ first which seems better.
Overall 6 magnets, 4 flippers and the 2 toys show a standart good jjp pin but nothing more.
They succeed their marketing approach.

#24164 36 days ago

finally installed my alien siren, looks good as new. Dropped about 3 damn washers behind the LCD screen, can't get them, but I dont think they will cause any issues. Maybe I need a string with a magnet at the end. If anyone has the clips that are attached to your siren wires all you do is lift up the lever all the way and pull out the wire (if you ever need to replace a siren.). Now down to the last thing..fixing the intermittent light issues with the two back eggs.. has to be a loose connection. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

#24165 36 days ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'm all PETG, so safe...That protector is awesome...Biggest challenge is the acrylics in general....Thought I only had one broken by my ball launch wire form...When I took the game apart found about 7 more that had cracked....So many areas exposed...And what a PITA to change....Whew!!

So happy finally getting my hands on a whole set! Like finding the missing piece to a puzzle lol This is one of those times when price wouldn't have mattered

#24166 36 days ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

I would buy WOZ first which seems better.

If you like the Alien you should really try the Hobbit. Like with the Alien, you work through exiting movie scenes - but there are many more scenes and 5 (!) master modes. The gameplay-film sequence integration is fantastic and multimedia experience is unreached (sounds and music again arranged by David Thiel). It might not be as scary as the Alien but fighting against monsters, wargs and the dragon is also very intensive...

#24167 36 days ago

Couldn't agree more...!! Be prepared for several hours, much profanity, and a large river tool for main entrance ramp.

Get them all changed... you'll be horrified when you see how many are cracked ....

Super congrats, as the work is well worth it ( huge peace of mind)

#24168 36 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yes to the shaker...Red tremor came on mine, and adds just enough during gameplay..Like it a lot..

#24169 36 days ago
Quoted from Per_:

If you like the Alien you should really try the Hobbit. Like with the Alien, you work through exiting movie scenes - but there are many more scenes and 5 (!) master modes. The gameplay-film sequence integration is fantastic and multimedia experience is unreached (sounds and music again arranged by David Thiel). It might not be as scary as the Alien but fighting against monsters, wargs and the dragon is also very intensive...

not even close - hobbit pales in comparison

#24170 36 days ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Agreed, owned it new for a year and lost $3k on it....live and learn

#24171 36 days ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Agreed...WOZ is JJP's best , ( mine sits next to Alien) always has been...Alien is in a different league however..Nothing I've played or own brings the experience or gameplay this machine does

#24172 36 days ago

Also a former Hobbit owner and I was impressed with the presentation so he's right in that it captures that same the of atmosphere however the layout is absolutely garbage. Terrible shooter.

#24173 36 days ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Agreed...WOZ is JJP's best , ( mine sits next to Alien) always has been...Alien is in a different league however..Nothing I've played or own brings the experience or gameplay this machine does

WoZ is better than Hobbit but the shot layout pulls it back from being amazing....

I wonder if a general Shaker from Stern works that isn't red tremor.... Never was a fan of those....

#24174 36 days ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

So happy finally getting my hands on a whole set! Like finding the missing piece to a puzzle lol This is one of those times when price wouldn't have mattered

Where did you end up getting it? Nice find as I haven't seen them in awhile....

#24175 36 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

Where did you end up getting it? Nice find as I haven't seen them in awhile....

TomDK had few sets made and three of us in the U.S. went in on and shared the shipping ...I bought Stern Sam shaker and works perfect.

#24176 36 days ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

TomDK had few sets made and three of us in the U.S. went in on and shared the shipping ...I bought Stern Sam shaker and works perfect.

Ok thanks - was it this one? I'll buy one too...

https://www.pinballlife.com/shaker-motor-kit-rev-b-for-most-stern-sam-system-games.html

#24177 36 days ago

Forgot to mention, I installed the left ramp cliffy and cliffy sent me a photo for the right ramp and although it didn't fit, I was able to provide him with the right hole markings so that should be ready soon. I ended up drooling the holes myself on it and installed in the right as well...

#24178 36 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

WoZ is better than Hobbit but the shot layout pulls it back from being amazing....
I wonder if a general Shaker from Stern works that isn't red tremor.... Never was a fan of those....

I play WOZ mostly to melt the Witch....kicks my ass...

Never a big red tremor guy myself either, but works great in this game..I'm sure the Stern or the one Terry sells (for less) would be fine too....

#24179 36 days ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

TomDK had few sets made and three of us in the U.S. went in on and shared the shipping

Glad that avenue worked for a few Alien owners....was definitely an early effort to get the files out for reproduction to the people that could make them

#24180 36 days ago

I’m glad I found a rr woz, if the alien guys like woz too can’t wait to Play it . Did anyone do that speaker mod so the whole backbox translite illuminates ? Was it hard ?

6C100D2E-9391-4BF2-902D-909A5AD09DFB (resized).jpeg
#24181 36 days ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Glad that avenue worked for a few Alien owners....was definitely an early effort to get the files out for reproduction to the people that could make them

Is there any chance more sets are going to be made? I would definitely be in for one

#24182 36 days ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

Is there any chance more sets are going to be made? I would definitely be in for one

I really hope so....for the communities sake.....shared the files I was able to obtain some time back w (unnamed) individuals that had the capability to produce them in an effort to help. How they decided to distribute (or not) ended up out of my wheelhouse. I know of another who approached via scanning the originals.

The capability is there....maybe if enough post in here needing a set, the motivation will present itself. I'd start w Freeplay....

#24183 36 days ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

Ask Tom DK if any left as he said once they are gone that's all folks! He only made a few sets...

#24184 36 days ago

Yep, but you wont use the little circuit board in the picture...just the plug coming directly off the shaker plugs directly into the board.. simple! Ps. Shaker has to be mounted to the right of coin box as close to the front of the machine to clear service rail!

#24185 36 days ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I really hope so....for the communities sake.....shared the files I was able to obtain some time back w (unnamed) individuals that had the capability to produce them in an effort to help. How they decided to distribute (or not) ended up out of my wheelhouse. I know of another who approached via scanning the originals.
The capability is there....maybe if enough post in here needing a set, the motivation will present itself. I'd start w Freeplay....

Yeah I was on a waiting list with freeplay for a couple months....still no word...

#24186 36 days ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Yeah I was on a waiting list with freeplay for a couple months....still no word...

Not thrilled how my efforts turned out, but is what it is, I guess...glad you got your set...It is a pretty massive undertaking, I get it..and we all have " day jobs" ...Hopefully, someone will pickup the effort at some point ( not my area of expertise for sure)

#24187 36 days ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Yep, but you wont use the little circuit board in the picture...just the plug coming directly off the shaker plugs directly into the board.. simple! Ps. Shaker has to be mounted to the right of coin box as close to the front of the machine to clear service rail!

Thanks - if you could take a picture of yours and the hook up that would be appreciated no rush

#24188 36 days ago

anyone have the latest rule set? I forget some of them - especially what appears to be a hurry up that plays an effect louder and quicker each time.....what to hit...

noticed some differences b/w my original (first run) and my current alien (last run). No screen flickering on the inner PF screen, not as much noise or flashing by the flippers, just feel better made and I've played the game now two days and no major issues. I don't recall a fan being in my original either where this one has a fan that turns on after you lock the door. Just a very stable game.

I do feel like my original had more bass. Weird but I have it cranked on this (directly to my external) and the bass is there but not booming like others mentioned. Amp is on, bass volume has been turned up on both dials....

#24189 36 days ago

I believe the fan noise is from the power block thingy to the EL blades, but not sure. Reminds me of an Xbox 360.

#24190 36 days ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I believe the fan noise is from the power block thingy to the EL blades, but not sure. Reminds me of an Xbox 360.

I heard it before I installed that brick for the el blades.

My flippers were super powerful and had to tone them down!

Speaking of, the feel of this game is so diff than williams/bally that it is part of the reason I like it so much. It just feels like such a different experience all together that if the remake is made, the feel will def be impacted.

Also I would love to put a LED strip by the flippers. Typically I use the coin door light but mine isn't setup. Anyone have theirs installed (coin door light) and if so, can post pics of the connection? I will then conenct the LED strip to that light OR if you have a better idea, lmk. Would just a little more light by the flippers - do it for many of my games.

#24191 36 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

I forget some of them - especially what appears to be a hurry up that plays an effect louder and quicker each time.....what to hit...

I'm going to guess that you're talking about Rescue. This is started by shooting the APC targets in order (A, P, C)... their inserts will turn yellow as you hit them. When you start Rescue, a hurryup point countdown will start... quickly shoot the Xeno to start a switch frenzy and lock in the hurryup value as the frenzy switch value. The frenzy is timed; hitting the Xeno adds time. Here's the catch: the frenzy points aren't actually collected until you complete the APC drop targets (doesn't have to be in order). If your ball ends or if Rescue times out before completing the APC drops, the entire frenzy pot vanishes. Rescue can be stacked on anything. There are a couple more rules subtleties, but that's the gist of it.

#24192 35 days ago

Listed some Alien parts

Parts - For Sale
Used, good condition “I have these left over from Alien upgrade: 38 USED prototype 5 LED towers, will only work with old v0.9x code or other project $20+ship”
35 days ago
Gainesville, VA
1 (OBO)

#24193 35 days ago

How many people would be in for a full petg plastic set?

I missed the last free play notice.

I've got the files to get some made if its feasible economically.

#24194 35 days ago

Out from experience I can tell you:
If you geht files, check if they are from the first sample machines or from later production machines. There are many differences !! That means a lot of work on the pc setting the cutlines.
PETG is the material of choice. If you laser it, everyone will hate you .... PETG stinks, burns and smokes. Milling would be better but than you have to remove all the little crumbs.
Printing .. you have to print 3 times: First colors, second 1 layer white, third colors. Than you have plastics much miuch nicer than the easy breaking plexiglas originals !!

#24195 35 days ago

Quick post if anybody is having reject issues on Mother hole, a small piece of the soft side of velcro 1" long applied here has gotten rid of 90% of my rejects...

20190414_132218.jpg
#24196 35 days ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I would be in!

#24197 35 days ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I would definitely be in for a set

#24198 35 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

Thanks - if you could take a picture of yours and the hook up that would be appreciated no rush

Here you go bro! Connection circled and second picture is showing to be sure shaker clears service rail! Hope this helps

20190414_135033.jpg20190414_135104.jpg
#24199 35 days ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I’d probably be in, how much are you thinking?

#24200 35 days ago

Forgot I finally got a few toys installed also

20190414_135844.jpg20190414_135849.jpg20190414_140011.jpg20190414_140020.jpg20190414_140132.jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 399.95
There are 24458 posts in this topic. You are on page 484 of 490.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside