DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 480 of 601.
#23951 5 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Hi! Can you please share the URL, where to get the figurines? Thanks!

I found them on eBay. Just type in the search button Konami Alien figure, or just Konami Alien, and they should pop up. Just a tad pricey, but they’re really detailed. The drop ship is a little bit higher than the other ones.

#23952 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

Here is a link to the computer on Aliexpress:
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/AMD-A10-Quad-Core-industrial-motherboard_60781335264.html
I think you need to add 8GB RAM and a 32GB MSATA SSD

I contacted the seller at Alibaba and they came back to me with an offer on "WKM-D2E4P".
I asked them and apparently, "HP-D2E4P-4C is same as WKM-D2E4P".
Just checking, anyone know if this is the case?

Also I think that only 4 GB RAM was needed with the mobo

#23953 5 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

I contacted the seller at Alibaba and they came back to me with an offer on "WKM-D2E4P".
I asked them and apparently, "HP-D2E4P-4C is same as WKM-D2E4P".
Just checking, anyone know if this is the case?
Also I think that only 4 GB RAM was needed with the mobo

I know 4GB is the way it came

#23954 5 years ago

Just got my Alien this weekend. Currently no coils are working. Anything to check?

I’m kind of suspicious of the interlock switch. Easy way to bypass?

#23955 5 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Just got my Alien this weekend. Currently no coils are working. Anything to check?

Believe just connecting the wires going to it together with something like a test lead will be the same as the door closed.

#23956 5 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

open the coin door and look at the screen..should give you some text about 70v disabled...

#23957 5 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

Believe just connecting the wires going to it together with something like a test lead will be the same as the door closed.

Jumped the wires and nothing. Opening/closing the door doesn’t do anything either.

Any help would be appreciated.

#23958 5 years ago

Talked to DylanFan71 on the phone. All the LED's for the 70v (high power) are on when the game turns on, but after maybe 20 seconds the HV cuts out. All the LED's in the 70v section slowly fade off, and then there is no high power.

If someone can take a picture of their coin door interlock wiring that would be helpful so we can verify.

#23959 5 years ago

Crappy pic, let me know if you need a better one:

DoorInterlock (resized).JPGDoorInterlock (resized).JPG
#23960 5 years ago

Shot in the dark: if the interlock switch isn’t the culprit, check in the backbox to see if the LED strip is shorting on the metal bracket that holds the monitor. On my prototype, this was a problem that caused the exact symptom you describe. I advised the factory and suggested they modify the LEDs and/or bracket to prevent that, but who knows if that happened on any given machine.

#23961 5 years ago

Please excuse my ignorance but did Alien ever offer physical ball lock? If so why was it removed and can it be added back in a home "rom"?

#23962 5 years ago

Physical Hypersleep locks were envisioned but never existed on “real” machines.

#23963 5 years ago

Can someone remind me if pdi or invisiglass works with this pin considering the all in one glass they use? I really love using nice glass on my games

#23964 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Can someone remind me if pdi or invisiglass works with this pin considering the all in one glass they use? I really love using nice glass on my games

Hi! I put JJP inviglass in mine, worked fine.

#23965 5 years ago

PDI in mine...looks amazing

#23966 5 years ago

How hard was it replacing the glass?

#23967 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

How hard was it replacing the glass?

Not hard at all. One has to remove some screws and replace the glass and tighten the screws back.

#23968 5 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Not hard at all. One has to remove some screws and replace the glass and tighten the screws back.

nice as I had the same question. I guess I'll need to get some HD glass again!

#23969 5 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Here is a link to a video on Brian's site as I can't get my video to link due to size I guess...
https://www.flylanddesigns.com/product/alien-backglass/

Hey guys...just dropping in again to let everyone know that I will have a handful of these at TPF with me to sell. We decided that we will be only producing 99 of these and each of them will be numbered and have a certificate of authenticity signed by the artist to go with them. Let me know if interested and I will mark your name on one, but as of now there will likely only be around 10 on hand at the show but they can still be ordered if you can't make it down. Each of these will be come with a protective film on the front and packed in a foam pocket at the show as well as being part of the shipping process before being boxed. We will also be releasing a second piece of art in the form of an acrylic backglass in the next few days that will also be launched at TPF!

#23970 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

nice as I had the same question. I guess I'll need to get some HD glass again!

Piece of cake! Sorry I'm a PDI fan from what I personally see, I even sell my brand new Invisiglass out of JJP machines when I get them and replace with PDI

#23971 5 years ago

PDI for me as well ( best)...easy, BUT... be very careful to reinstall the rubber bushings around the posts ( 1 per side) when reassembling. I ended up cutting rubber bushings for each post when changing mine, to be safe.

Without the bushing, glass can shift and will explode if it hits a post ..

#23972 5 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Piece of cake! Sorry I'm a PDI fan from what I personally see, I even sell my brand new Invisiglass out of JJP machines when I get them and replace with PDI

Agreed...The Stern is actually pretty good ( better than invisiglass by comparison), but need a wide body sheet here, obviously..

#23973 5 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

next time you sell PM me!

#23974 5 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Hey guys...just dropping in again to let everyone know that I will have a handful of these at TPF with me to sell. We decided that we will be only producing 99 of these and each of them will be numbered and have a certificate of authenticity signed by the artist to go with them. Let me know if interested and I will mark your name on one, but as of now there will likely only be around 10 on hand at the show but they can still be ordered if you can't make it down. Each of these will be come with a protective film on the front and packed in a foam pocket at the show as well as being part of the shipping process before being boxed. We will also be releasing a second piece of art in the form of an acrylic backglass in the next few days that will also be launched at TPF!

sorry remind me is this a translite replacement if you want to cover the lcd like was shown earlier on?

#23975 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

sorry remind me is this a translite replacement if you want to cover the lcd like was shown earlier on?

Yessir. It is the size of the original acrylic panel that is in the game and would fill the whole area if wanted. I did not drill the holes to mount it in the game (although it would be super easy to do) as I think most people will likely use it as wall art or put in a light box as I showed a few days ago on this thread and some might not want a frame on it, making the holes not pretty to look at...lol. I am going to start its own thread sometime this week before TPF, but wanted to show it first here for all the Alien fans as we decided to only do a run of 99 of them.

#23976 5 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Yessir. It is the size of the original acrylic panel that is in the game and would fill the whole area if wanted. I did not drill the holes to mount it in the game (although it would be super easy to do) as I think most people will likely use it as wall art or put in a light box as I showed a few days ago on this thread and some might not want a frame on it, making the holes not pretty to look at...lol. I am going to start its own thread sometime this week before TPF, but wanted to show it first here for all the Alien fans as we decided to only do a run of 99 of them.

Ok thanks. I might be interested as art next to the machine as I wouldn't want to cover the LCD. Looks nice

#23977 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Ok thanks. I might be interested as art next to the machine as I wouldn't want to cover the LCD. Looks nice

Agreed. That is what I think most will do...including myself These will actually have the limited number printed on them as well as the certificate to go with them.

#23978 5 years ago

I have a question about the derelict ship mode.
Are the posts in the orbits supposed to be activated when shooting up the orbits?
Mine does not activate in derelict ship mode, it's kinda hard hitting the pops without the help from the posts

Also.... if anyone got a tip on how to hit the hypersleep lock ramp a little more accurate I would appreciate the help, feels like I will never get to see the hypersleep multiball.

#23979 5 years ago
Quoted from webdiddy:

I have a question about the derelict ship mode.
Are the posts in the orbits supposed to be activated when shooting up the orbits?

The "explore" orbit (I believe its arrow will be blue) should divert the ball into the pops. The "boost" orbit (green) increases pop value and adds time, but does not divert to the pops. The colors alternate after each orbit shot. Instructions on the screen should remind you which is which.

#23980 5 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

The "explore" orbit (I believe its arrow will be blue) should divert the ball into the pops. The "boost" orbit (green) increases pop value and adds time, but does not divert to the pops. The colors alternate after each orbit shot. Instructions on the screen should remind you which is which.

Thanks man!

I obviously need to pay more attention to the screen

#23981 5 years ago

Alien owners - if you don't need/want the inner side art light (EL) blades, PM me and I will buy. They can be removed easily. These are NOT the side art lights on the outside of the cab but the EL light blades that make the art on the inner blades light up.

Will pay top dollar. Thanks

#23982 5 years ago

Received today a big bag of goodies (= spare parts for Alien) from Free Play. Also received from Alibaba the spare-computer today.

IMG_5543 (resized).JPGIMG_5543 (resized).JPG
#23983 5 years ago

Managed to get the Alien spare computer booting. Mobo with ram and ssd was from Alibaba. Thanks for Weir Pinball for the excellent guide!

In the display there is some vertical bar in the right edge of the picture, but I guess this is normal when using a standard PC display?

#23984 5 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Managed to get the Alien spare computer booting. Mobo with ram and ssd was from Alibaba. Thanks for Weir Pinball for the excellent guide!
In the display there is some vertical bar in the right edge of the picture, but I guess this is normal when using a standard PC display?

I always got the same bar when using an ordinary monitor

#23985 5 years ago

I suspect that bar is an artifact of the positioning tricks we used for the main screen vs Airlock screen.

#23986 5 years ago

A common issue with Alien is the left return lane plastics breaking and cracking, in later runs Heighway attempted to correct the issue by changing the design, but it still didn't completely solve the problem.

This is such a long run, the ball builds up momentum and all the force of the impact either hits a thin piece of plastic in earlier designs.. or a post that eventually breaks in the same way. Combine this with fragile Lexan that all games were made with (vs stronger PETG), and this is a much bigger problem.

Fortunately, Cliff and I have been working together on a solution and after a few prototypes and lots of back and forth these are now available, and highly recommend for everyone with an Alien. A large piece of steel, a little thicker than your average cliffy that installs underneath the return lane.. with a small vertical tab that comes up through the ball drop hole. These are $18, and can be ordered by e-mailing Cliff Rinear at [email protected]

Here is a picture of it installed on my game.

4qG+0t1UT%CDgWsWRYvRlA (resized).jpg4qG+0t1UT%CDgWsWRYvRlA (resized).jpg

This looks a little different because I have an earlier run game, but was given a lower plastic piece from a later run game, so the top two pieces are missing the post.. but the bottom has a post hole.

Here are a few pictures from the bottom, and one view of the early run (without the front post hole..)

Later Run..
O9HY42W4SZqCTpDCVWuYRA (resized).jpgO9HY42W4SZqCTpDCVWuYRA (resized).jpg

Earlier Run
2PwuYjTqSGKlG+yzp441mw (resized).jpg2PwuYjTqSGKlG+yzp441mw (resized).jpg
dCH8JYKNQ5e2hSHaiTNLOg (resized).jpgdCH8JYKNQ5e2hSHaiTNLOg (resized).jpg

To install, remove all the nylon nuts from the left inlane..
xM9vM%IUS+OKznviMDXC2Q (resized).jpgxM9vM%IUS+OKznviMDXC2Q (resized).jpg

Remove the top plastic, and all of the plastic spacers..

Carefully remove the second layer plastic, and all of the next level of plastic spacers. Then remove the few metal posts loosely placed in the sidewall, as well as the few wood screws.
3eZtyZXLRoO1Xb9Gce9Jxg (resized).jpg3eZtyZXLRoO1Xb9Gce9Jxg (resized).jpg

Remove a few of the remaining posts that keep the plastic in the game.
mp7wGqtDRVeraCQCif50uA (resized).jpgmp7wGqtDRVeraCQCif50uA (resized).jpg

With the plastic removed, remove the posts with nylon nuts underneath, documenting where they were installed . install the cliffy underneath with the tab facing up.. and reinstall the posts that attach with nylon nuts underneath.

Then reinstall the lower plastic, wood screws, posts, spacers, etc. in reverse order.

LOVCwcfJRk+1kTkAe3qvVw (resized).jpgLOVCwcfJRk+1kTkAe3qvVw (resized).jpgali+iWf2RmWSFO9rZFuyyg (resized).jpgali+iWf2RmWSFO9rZFuyyg (resized).jpgcHd2utRRSgON3tWqx0w3iQ (resized).jpgcHd2utRRSgON3tWqx0w3iQ (resized).jpg

#23987 5 years ago

Nice write up and pics!!

#23988 5 years ago

First major issue on my Alien after a few hundred games at Flip Out London - The right kicker started drooping, seen when the facehugger fell forward. When the mechanism was removed, it was a mess of sheered metal. I looked on the Swedish Freeplay site but they don't appear to stock replacements. I could probably fabricate something but I wondered whether anyone has had the same issue?
mike.

#23989 5 years ago

I hope for others that full PETG sets are still being made, sold...#1thing that HAS to happen in order for games to last. I found many cracked pieces that didn't show up until I was changing the set...

#23990 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I hope for others that full PETG sets are still being made, sold...#1thing that HAS to happen in order for games to last. I found many cracked pieces that didn't show up until I was changing the set...

Patiently waiting in hope! If anybody has a set to sell feel free to PM me

#23991 5 years ago

Anyone have instructions on how to replace the face huggers? Common issue with the tale, I need to replace one....

also backup IO boards, PF LCD panels, facehuggers, LEDs and some other goodies received. Waiting on my CPU so I can rebuild the pc. Ordered the new cliffy as well. Game should be in late next week of the following...

#23992 5 years ago

I saw alien parts @ pinball life FYI
https://www.pinballlife.com/alien.html

#23993 5 years ago

Wow they even have LE panel and backglass which basically was the only thing that separated SE from LE assuming you already installed the EL blades and beacons. I might be in. Love that art

Edit - bought all of it. Love that LE art and why not get the full plastic set. Thanks for the heads up

#23994 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Wow they even have LE panel and backglass which basically was the only thing that separated SE from LE assuming you already installed the EL blades and beacons. I might be in. Love that art
I wonder if the plastic set is normal or the petg
Edit - bought all of it. Love that LE art and why not get the full plastic set. Thanks for the heads up

Did you get the last ones? I don't see them listed. You are talking about Pinballife, yeah?

#23995 5 years ago

Looking for the lighted side art blades and a backup PF screen if anyone has any leads.

#23996 5 years ago

Any ideas where to get a replacement monitor for the one standing next to the Alien creature in the back?

#23997 5 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Any ideas where to get a replacement monitor for the one standing next to the Alien creature in the back?

I’d be interested in a backup of this as well.

#23998 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

Did you get the last ones? I don't see them listed. You are talking about Pinballife, yeah?

Yeah pinball life. I just checked and you're right. The three things I bought (which weren't cheap) are no longer there so safe to say whatever stock they have if alien parts are very limited.

#24000 5 years ago

guys - just noticed pinball life added some new aliens part - specifically those super large monstrosities (also known as PCB boards)! When I originally had one those scared the hell out of me b/c they're so unique that if they were to go, it would be a problem. I haven't seen those for sell ever - I think with those being up for sale, we technically have access to all the critical parts. I just bought bottom, middle and top. Who knows how many they have so I would grab them now!

EDIT - all gone

https://www.pinballlife.com/alien-middle-pcb.html

Main page:

https://www.pinballlife.com/alien.html

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
9,799 (OBO)
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 480 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/480?hl=lamprey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.