pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 477 of 601.
#23801 5 years ago

I ran a PC fan (there's a plug on the mobo) to pull in air from the rear left bottom vent hole.. I'm not sure if bladefury is running it. but maybe it's a good idea?

#23802 5 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

I ran a PC fan (there's a plug on the mobo) to pull in air from the rear left bottom vent hole.. I'm not sure if bladefury is running it. but maybe it's a good idea?

Sure am! Thank bro!

#23803 5 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Yea, scratching my head on this.... there are just too many heat generating components on the bottom of the cabinet to not at least give it a better look.

Can't recall the metric, but excessive heat definitely shortens component life by an exponent. Didn't really notice it until I added the beefy 12v switching power supply, which has an internal, heat sensing fan that I can hear when it goes to high speed.. Started noticing it cycling too often for my taste...opened the coin door, and it's very, very warm down there.....gotta find a way to get it out...Alien not a commodity item for me...

#23804 5 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Sure am! Thank bro!

Pic?

Seems the best way to cool the components is to blow the air over the components, front to back, then the heat would naturally be drawn out of the top. Problem is the cold air intake under (no proper holes). I have an idea....

#23805 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Alien upkeep looks like it’s more of a headache than Stern and Bally Williams. Is this the case?

It "looks like" it's more of a headache because THIS is where people come for support. Can you imagine what it would look like if Chas streamed his day publicly?

#23806 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Pic?
Seems the best way to cool the components is to blow the air over the components, front to back, then the heat would naturally be drawn out of the top. Problem is the cold air intake under (no proper holes). I have an idea....

I will next time I have the hood up

1 week later
#23807 5 years ago

Black powder coating complete..legs, cabinet bolts, etc...all buttons changed to green, led flipper buttons with black centers, coin ejects green, Pinstadium lighting (waiting on stealth covers so you dont see LEDs), green LEDs underneath and on back, static cling vinyl over playfield screen for protection, green leg LEDs, Alien Cupholder with Volcano green LED light up mod, green flipper bat rubbers, shaker, PDI glass, upper body Xenomorph Topper, and of course Subwoofer Loving this game a lot! It's still early but this is first game I have owned that may stay for the long haul..so glad I bought one!

20190214_001625.jpg20190214_001625.jpg20190214_001454.jpg20190214_001454.jpg20190214_223212.jpg20190214_223212.jpg20190214_223421.jpg20190214_223421.jpg20190214_223007.jpg20190214_223007.jpg20190214_001847.jpg20190214_001847.jpg20190201_224231 (resized).jpg20190201_224231 (resized).jpg20190214_001805.jpg20190214_001805.jpg

20190216_141504.jpg20190216_141504.jpg20190216_141612.jpg20190216_141612.jpg15503458526988210159157462857870.jpg15503458526988210159157462857870.jpg

#23808 5 years ago

Very well done, Sir !

Looks good ! Funny, 2 weeks ago I bought a Munster, will be sold coming week. Just boring. Alien .. will stayyyyy ....

#23809 5 years ago

Someday I’ll have this in my collection. It’s the only game right now that I would buy without having played one.

#23810 5 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Black powder coating complete..legs, cabinet bolts, etc...all buttons changed to green, led flipper buttons with black centers, coin ejects green, Pinstadium lighting (waiting on stealth covers so you dont see LEDs), green LEDs underneath and on back, static cling vinyl over playfield screen for protection, green leg LEDs, Alien Cupholder with Volcano green LED light up mod, green flipper bat rubbers, shaker, PDI glass, upper body Xenomorph Topper, and of course Subwoofer Loving this game a lot! It's still early but this is first game I have owned that may stay for the long haul..so glad I bought one!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks sick.

#23811 5 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very Nice!!!!!

#23812 5 years ago

Just completed loading up the software on 6 more computers. Get 'em while they are hot!

#23813 5 years ago

Wouldn't it be cool if the community started MAKING Alien pins?

#23814 5 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Wouldn't it be cool if the community started MAKING Alien pins?

U gonna pay for the license?!

#23815 5 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

One by one. Just popping up. For private use. Nothing to see here.

#23816 5 years ago

We need the large pcbs .... most other needet stuff seems to be available ...
And lets build it in a standart cabinett .. with all the nice innovations HP had

#23817 5 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

If by that you mean license the design rights, then great, I get paid.

#23818 5 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Does anyone have PCB issues that they actually need a new playfield PCB?

#23819 5 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

And lets build it in a standart cabinett .. with all the nice innovations HP had

the large boards I can make, but min order qtys

#23820 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

the large boards I can make, but min order qtys

I’d be in for a set

#23821 5 years ago

Depends on the price I would be also in ... background:
I have a spare playfield, spare playfiels monitor, spare pc unit ..... so with the large boards I would be able to make a very very nice wall hanger decoration running the original attractmode ....

#23822 5 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Depends on the price I would be also in ... background:
I have a spare playfield, spare playfiels monitor, spare pc unit ..... so with the large boards I would be able to make a very very nice wall hanger decoration running the original attractmode ....

That'd be one hell of a wall hanger!!

#23823 5 years ago

Any chance someone can inspect their Xeno jaw board cable (picture attached) and describe the pinout of the 3 blue wires?

048B58E8-67E2-41D7-B452-74B5F8E289B6.jpeg048B58E8-67E2-41D7-B452-74B5F8E289B6.jpeg
#23824 5 years ago
Quoted from mavantix:

Any chance someone can inspect their Xeno jaw board cable (picture attached) and describe the pinout of the 3 blue wires?
[quoted image]

After changing all my plastics and upgrading 12v supply, I've been enjoying playing the thing alot lately. I'll pop the hood soon enough, as I want to tackle the cooling proper (really not liking the heat buildup in lower cab) and will give you the pinouts....

#23825 5 years ago

Has anyone considered eliminating the horrid, cheap USB connectivity, and replacing w locking CAT6E connections on both the cpu and I/O boards? Swear I'd sleep better at night, as they are just not geared for the vibration of a pinball machine.

I've researched some components, just curious if others have thought about this...

#23826 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

After changing all my plastics and upgrading 12v supply, I've been enjoying playing the thing alot lately. I'll pop the hood soon enough, as I want to tackle the cooling proper (really not liking the heat buildup in lower cab) and will give you the pinouts....

What did upgrading to 12v do?

#23827 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

What did upgrading to 12v do?

Stock, switching 12vdc power supply is only 14 amps @12vdc (and a cheap version at that)!!!. I was getting hard resets every now and then, as everything in this game except the coils seems to run on 12v (cpu, screens, lighting, xeno mech, etc.)

Massively on edge w that small of a supply, especially if you plan on adding underglow, pinstadium (don't), and the variety of led lighting options available.

My resets are gone, and have plenty of stable juice to power whatever......mandatory upfit, imho

#23828 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Has anyone considered eliminating the horrid, cheap USB connectivity, and replacing w locking CAT6E connections on both the cpu and I/O boards? Swear I'd sleep better at night, as they are just not geared for the vibration of a pinball machine.

I also checked this option, as this is what JJP and Stern do. Finally I am happy with the following, less complex modifications:
- Replaced the USB cables with "premium" types including 2 ferrites on both ends (fixed or clip-on)
- Fixed the cables close to the I/O board connections with wiring harness support ladders - as used in Stern and JJP machines
- Routed the cables separately from the high current coil wires (to which the USB cables are normaly attached)
- Fixed the cables near the mainboard in the cabinet to avoid movement when raising the playfield

USB cables (resized).jpgUSB cables (resized).jpg

USB cables 2 (resized).jpgUSB cables 2 (resized).jpg
#23829 5 years ago

Do you have a "shopping list" for the needet USB cables ? Good idea with the support ladders .. have several as spare here and will do also !
So far I had no problems with the USB cables.

#23830 5 years ago
Quoted from Per_:

I also checked this option, as this is what JJP and Stern do. Finally I am happy with the following, less complex modifications:
- Replaced the USB cables with "premium" types including 2 ferrites on both ends (fixed or clip-on)
- Fixed the cables close to the I/O board connections with wiring harness support ladders - as used in Stern and JJP machines
- Routed the cables separately from the high current coil wires (to which the USB cables are normaly attached)
- Fixed the cables near the mainboard in the cabinet to avoid movement when raising the playfield
[quoted image][quoted image]

I've taken a similar approach, but I will still get an occasional end wiggle loose. Using premium cables so mechanical tolerance is spot on...Not so much cab be said from the connections on the CPU or I/O board.

Believe I've sourced the jacks needed, now just need to see if I can pull one of my bench guys or myself to find the time.

Mechanical locking category cables are so commonplace and reliable ... Definitely on my to do list

#23831 5 years ago

My "scream again", "revive", mode lights and 'special light' flicker erractic colors when the right flipper button is held down. I think I remember reading about a similar problem in this thread but couldn't find it. Any suggestions/help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Also just noticed a low volume, high pitched beep when the left flipper is held.

#23832 5 years ago

The flickering lights, or “disco ball” effect is a byproduct of the Heighway IO board design. Latest IO board firmware should help minimize it, but it won’t likely go away completely. Assuming you have the latest game code (v1.2), the latest IO firmware is (v0.9) and you can update via the Test menu.

#23833 5 years ago

Fyi

Screenshot_20190227-060336_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190227-060336_Facebook (resized).jpg
#23834 5 years ago

Hey guys!

Got my Alien SE today, it's running the latest firmware (1.2) with updated IO boards.
I am having a problem though (shocking right). Most of the time when hitting the pops it seams like all the coils are turning of (or maybe just the flippers) making the ball drain, they start working again the next ball, until I hit the pops again. I tried pushing all the connectors under the playfield with no success.

#23835 5 years ago
Quoted from webdiddy:

Hey guys!
Got my Alien SE today, it's running the latest firmware (1.2) with updated IO boards.
I am having a problem though (shocking right). Most of the time when hitting the pops it seams like all the coils are turning of (or maybe just the flippers) making the ball drain, they start working again the next ball, until I hit the pops again. I tried pushing all the connectors under the playfield with no success.

Usually this is due to poor usb connectivity. The game shipped with literally the worlds cheapest cables. Consider replacing them with nicer cables that have ferrite core/chokes to help reduce chatter/noise interference.

#23836 5 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

Fyi
[quoted image]

Very special high price ....

#23837 5 years ago

$750 shipped does not sound unreasonable to me, compared to other playfield prices?

#23838 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

$750 shipped does not sound unreasonable to me, compared to other playfield prices?

Exactly - seems like current pricing to me.

#23839 5 years ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Yea that's not special pricing. I'd rather wait for someone else to make replacement PFs too considering Mirco's business practices.

#23840 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Yea that's not special pricing. I'd rather wait for someone else to make replacement PFs too considering Mirco's business practices.

What are those practices? Keep pinball woke...

#23841 5 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Usually this is due to poor usb connectivity. The game shipped with literally the worlds cheapest cables. Consider replacing them with nicer cables that have ferrite core/chokes to help reduce chatter/noise interference.

Okay, how do I know the cables I'm about to buy is higher quality? And should I replace cables for all 4 IO boards?
Also, it's my pops that's giving me most trouble, they now also activate by them selves sometimes. What IO board controls the pops?

#23842 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

What are those practices? Keep pinball woke...

Harassing other vendors on the site here with fake legal threats and other nonsense. There was a couple threads on it, I won't rehash it all here.

#23843 5 years ago

hi im looking for some spares for my alien le just in case it starts breaking
can anyone help with a list of suppliers selling new / copy parts for the game
thanks for the help

#23844 5 years ago

This jaw not sounding right is it?
Also the static from the speakers stop when I wiggle the jaw.

#23845 5 years ago

That doesn't sound right to me.

QSS

#23846 5 years ago
Quoted from leeriley:

hej jag letar efter några reservdelar till min främling le bara om det börjar bryta
kan någon hjälpa till med en lista över leverantörer som säljer nya / kopiera delar till spelet
tack för hjälpen

Www.free-play.se

#23847 5 years ago

I decided to spruce up my xeno head a little.

20190228_091458 (resized).jpg20190228_091458 (resized).jpg20190228_091505 (resized).jpg20190228_091505 (resized).jpg
#23848 5 years ago

Anyone have any advice on how to get the Xeon mouth closed like in this picture when in "resting" mode?
The mouth on my Xeno needs to be almost all the way open all the time, if not it will not work properly and get stuck when opening/closing.

alien_closed_mouth (resized).jpgalien_closed_mouth (resized).jpg
#23849 5 years ago
Quoted from webdiddy:

Anyone have any advice on how to get the Xeon mouth closed like in this picture when in "resting" mode?
The mouth on my Xeno needs to be almost all the way open all the time, if not it will not work properly and get stuck when opening/closing.[quoted image]

Remove the mech from the game, and adjust the servo arm on the bottom? Make sure the wire connecting to the jaw isn't binding. It's possible the servo is bad or the screw holding the arm is loose. The servo can be replaced with a more reliable one too. It's a bit of work removing the parts and wires, but definitely doable.

#23850 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Yea because manufacturers will be lining up to produce pfs, for less than 100 produced pins. I'd jump at one of those. Dont cut off your nose to spite your face...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

9,799 (OBO)
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 477 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/477 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.