pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 475 of 601.
#23701 5 years ago

I probably missed it, but is there a document that describes the rules in detail?

I ask, not because I want to know everything about the game, but I'm trying to figure out if there are any issues with my game.

I wish I had a more detailed example, but it seems like the game kinda starts ambush multiball (game goes dark with red lights), but it's not a multiball. But, it keeps ball saving for a long period of time. Then, sometimes, it starts the "real" multi-ball other times it doesn't.

I'm just not familiar enough with the rules to know what is going on, I'm guessing a started some mode that isn't the actual multi-ball, but maybe there is some issue with an optical sensor or even a bug in the code, I'm just not sure and trying to understand things better.

#23702 5 years ago
Quoted from onedeath:

I'm in for a spare computer. Getting close to having a spare or more for everything.

Got enough interest I'll start ordering the parts

#23703 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

I wish I had a more detailed example, but it seems like the game kinda starts ambush multiball (game goes dark with red lights), but it's not a multiball. But, it keeps ball saving for a long period of time. Then, sometimes, it starts the "real" multi-ball other times it doesn't.
I'm just not familiar enough with the rules to know what is going on, I'm guessing a started some mode that isn't the actual multi-ball, but maybe there is some issue with an optical sensor or even a bug in the code, I'm just not sure and trying to understand things better.

Nope, Ambush Multiball (started by hitting the Xeno X times) doesn't have any "pre-multiball" rule, it's a normal multiball, and should serve up two balls in addition to the one that gets eaten by the Xeno. Based on your description, if you see this happening, some things I'd try...

- Visually check the trough and see if the balls are cleanly at the business end, ready to be launched into play. Balls on Alien sometimes get magnetized and get stuck just a little off-kilter in the trough.

- Pop into service mode, Active Switch Test, and verify that exactly five trough switches are active. If not, the balls might not be settled quite right in the trough (per my previous bullet point), or you might have a flaky trough switch. You might be able to visually examine the trough through the coin door to see if the balls aren't flush with each other, or just try pushing the leftmost one to see if that does the trick.

Hope this helps... good luck!

#23704 5 years ago

Does anyone know where I might find a new PF LCD? I assume mine is shot since it's behaving very strangely. Images are blown out and seem to overlap with each other very slowly.

IMG_0799 (resized).jpegIMG_0799 (resized).jpeg

IMG_0797 (resized).jpegIMG_0797 (resized).jpeg
#23705 5 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Does anyone know where I might find a new PF LCD? I assume mine is shot since it's behaving very strangely. Images are blown out and seem to overlap with each other very slowly.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

See this post..

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/weyland-yutani-dedicated-to-keeping-3-alien-specimens-alive/page/10#post-4739683

#23706 5 years ago

I would love to own one of these but seems it many were produced due to heighway going under. Did we ever get a total count on machines made?

#23707 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I would love to own one of these but seems it many were produced due to heighway going under. Did we ever get a total count on machines made?

150-200, sources close to Heighway state closer to the 200 number.

#23708 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I now have my second one coming.

#23709 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

I now have my second one coming.

I’m jealous

#23710 5 years ago

Buy one you won’t regret it.

#23711 5 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

yep....around 80LE's and 100 standards from what people were telling me.....

#23712 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Buy one you won’t regret it.

But u sold the first one. Buyers Regret?

#23713 5 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

But u sold the first one. Buyers Regret?

100 percent sellers remorse. Selling it was the biggest mistake.

#23714 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

You can still own one. That LE you own would be a nice downpayment to the right seller. Asking price is now at $11K for an Alien SE.

I dont own one, but I do keep track of the sales on this game original sticker price has nesrly doubled due to scarcity ($6400 when being produced).

#23715 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

You can still own one. That LE you own would be a nice downpayment to the right seller. Asking price is now at $11K for an Alien SE.
I dont own one, but I do keep track of the sales on this game original sticker price has nesrly doubled due to scarcity ($6400 when being produced).

Only see one up right now at 12.5k (ouch!)

If I found one reasonably I’d just buy an alien outright to add to my collection. I am keeping my POTC a long time!

#23716 5 years ago

I think that number is a decent amount higher than that.

QSS

#23717 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Only see one up right now at 12.5k (ouch!)
If I found one reasonably I’d just buy an alien outright to add to my collection. I am keeping my POTC a long time!

This le is 11k i would grab it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/73159

#23718 5 years ago

Yeah, mere pocket change. Couch cushion currency. Surprised it's so cheap!

#23719 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Yeah, mere pocket change. Couch cushion currency. Surprised it's so cheap!

Compred to the se for 12.5 it isn’t bad.

#23720 5 years ago

I sold my se for 9200 before and now paying significantly more for my new one.

#23721 5 years ago

That’s 11k euros (12.5k dollars). And it’s in Europe. :p

#23722 5 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

QSS

If you count the first cobbled batch that came through, maybe 40 more tops....otherwise, nothing I've seen would dispute the
#'s stated. Company gone, some parts around, but that's it..incredibly sad as the machine is really getting sorted out and would have sold many, many units, imho...

#23723 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

That’s 11k euros (12.5k dollars). And it’s in Europe. :p

Ahh totally ignored the euro symbol. My new one is coming from Europe. I would contact him and try to work a deal

#23724 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

If you count the first cobbled batch that came through, maybe 40 more tops....otherwise, nothing I've seen would dispute the
#'s stated. Company gone, some parts around, but that's it..incredibly sad as the machine is really getting sorted out and would have sold many, many units, imho...

Not sure what this means but I thought I would throw it out there anyway.

QSS

Alien 267 (resized).jpgAlien 267 (resized).jpg
#23725 5 years ago

Not sure what this means but I thought I would throw it out there anyway.
QSS[quoted image]

Means nothing in relation to games produced...they cherry picked #'s that weren't spoken for...mine is #139, and definitely didn't make that many...a #426 exists...is what it is...cool you got one though....

#23726 5 years ago

funny to see how your LE plaque is " centered" the same as mine....the little things....

#23727 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Means nothing in relation to games produced...they cherry picked #'s that weren't spoken for...mine is #139, and definitely didn't make that many...a #426 exists...is what it is...cool you got one though....

Makes sense.

Yup, very cool that we have one. Really unique and incredible game.

QSS

#23728 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Ahh totally ignored the euro symbol. My new one is coming from Europe. I would contact him and try to work a deal

Nah I’d just as soon buy the 12.5k one stateside. More than I want to spend on it though. I know it’s more valuable than original but I think I saw one sell recently around 11k in great condition.

#23729 5 years ago

Yes it is so cool to own plus it’s agreat game!i just played a game in the dark with the volume blazing loud awesome

#23730 5 years ago

There was one for 11 K DOLLAR in Finland or Sweden .....
The blue LE is from the austrian dealer I bought my machine. He is pretty slow in communication but the machine was pre-checked and running perfect until today ! he is also long enough in the business, so your money is safe.

#23731 5 years ago

Are these playing relatively trouble free?

#23732 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Had basically zero issues with mine. Love it.

#23733 5 years ago

QSS

It isn't. Around 200 is right.

#23734 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

#23735 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I have no troubles so far from unboxing til now.
Friend of mine has a very early machine and he had to fix many things .. therefor he payed 2K less ....

#23736 5 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

It isn't. Around 200 is right.

OK, good to know. Thanks for setting me straight.

QSS

#23737 5 years ago

New 12vdc supply in...Game really feels more and more solid....And a subtle add:

IMG_20190107_184603955 (resized).jpgIMG_20190107_184603955 (resized).jpgIMG_20190107_191121469 (resized).jpgIMG_20190107_191121469 (resized).jpg
#23738 5 years ago

Anxious for my PETG set to show up and change out to Titan....Then on to a metal Apron!!!

#23739 5 years ago

Anyone have a fix for the Xeno tongue binding? Seems to be worse at each end of it's travel. Most times, when it binds, the drive shaft spins inside the drive gear and there is no movement at all. Any fixes would be awesome.

Thanks everyone!

Brian

#23740 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Anxious for my PETG set to show up and change out to Titan....Then on to a metal Apron!!!

Where are you getting metal apron from?

#23741 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Where are you getting metal apron from?

going to have my local machine shop fab one for me...cutting out the inserts and replace w etched translucent/ backlit. Hoping to figure a way to mount better as well. Plastic and decals gotta go for this one!!!

#23742 5 years ago

Are those targets and drop-targets 'regular' ones?
Can I buy these somewere?

#23743 5 years ago
Quoted from Bartzenegger:

Yes it is so cool to own plus it’s agreat game!i just played a game in the dark with the volume blazing loud awesome

I havent seen the game in real life, obviously never played it, but I can only imagine how badass it would be in a dark room when the beacons go off. Total immersion..

With that said, if anybody has one in and around Phoenix, I'd love to check it out!!

#23744 5 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

Anyone have a fix for the Xeno tongue binding? Seems to be worse at each end of it's travel. Most times, when it binds, the drive shaft spins inside the drive gear and there is no movement at all. Any fixes would be awesome.
Thanks everyone!
Brian

I believe people are replacing the gear. I only commented to bump this up for the experts.

#23745 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I havent seen the game in real life, obviously never played it, but I can only imagine how badass it would be in a dark room when the beacons go off. Total immersion..
With that said, if anybody has one in and around Phoenix, I'd love to check it out!!

Maybe the most “badass” pinball experience ever

Not kidding

#23746 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I believe people are replacing the gear. I only commented to bump this up for the experts.

Any idea where they are getting the gear from? This is the last hiccup I have in my game (at least for now)!!

#23747 5 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

Any idea where they are getting the gear from? This is the last hiccup I have in my game (at least for now)!!

Assuming you have the later run stepper motor with the larger 5mm shaft (black square box vs metal with 12vdc motor) this RC car part will work.

ebay.com link: 0

I should also note, replacing this.. sucks. Removing the head, taking the chassis apart, removing the old glued on gear.. take lots of pictures and make sure the kids aren’t within shouting distance or are wearing earmuffs.

#23748 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Maybe the most “badass” pinball experience ever
Not kidding

I agree with you 100%.

I personally think the title of this thread should be changed again. I think it should now read:

ALIEN PINBALL - "LETS ROCK"

QSS

#23749 5 years ago

Assuming you have the later run stepper motor with the larger 5mm shaft (black square box vs metal with 12vdc motor) this RC car part will work.
ebay.com link
I should also note, replacing this.. sucks. Removing the head, taking the chassis apart, removing the old glued on gear.. take lots of pictures and make sure the kids aren’t within shouting distance or are wearing earmuffs.

Thanks for the info. Going to order that up right now. And I'll see if I can find some ear muffs!!

Brian

#23750 5 years ago

I agree with you 100%.
I personally think the title of this thread should be changed again. I think it should now read:
ALIEN PINBALL - "LETS ROCK"
QSS

Or how about:
ALIEN PINBALL - "Let's get it on!"
This seams a most appropriate homage to Bill Paxton and his legacy as a part of this game. Yeah I like it.

QSS

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

9,799 (OBO)
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 475 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/475?hl=adamross and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.