pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 472 of 601.
#23551 5 years ago
Quoted from gold1:

Hello people,
I have an Alien Le with some issues and am wondering whether someone actually has a manual?

You have to live with the communities support ... but its working great

#23552 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

No manual yet, what are the problems and where are you located

located in Geelong. return ball launcher in outer stuck and probably overheating.Machine cuts out on rare occasions.Possibly a loose connection.Just would help if someone got access to a manual and any code updates.

#23553 5 years ago

I have 2 replacement computers completely configured for sale - with memory and ssd and software loaded. Plug an play for spare or repair. Will have more stuff in the near future.

Scott

one left

#23554 5 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

I have 2 replacement computers completely configured for sale - with memory and ssd and software loaded. Plug an play for spare or repair. Will have more stuff in the near future.
Scott
one left

I have sensors, io boards, xeno mechs, facehuggers etc

#23555 5 years ago
Quoted from gold1:

located in Geelong

What galaxy is that near?

#23556 5 years ago

After playing an Alien, its weird going back to a Stern... feels like an anorexic toy.

#23557 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

I have sensors, io boards, xeno mechs, facehuggers etc

I have spare pf led screens and face huggers and 2 pr of sling lamp replacements. Soon single/multiple LEDs as I get time to solder a few....

#23558 5 years ago

So a couple bugs...wanted to run it by the community:

a) Tonight was the first night of a "hard" game reset in the middle of game....nice multiball going, then whack....hard reset....I've put over 750 plays on the machine, first time it happened....fluke?...played 10 more games w no issues

b) noticed my Xeno not "breathing" as normal, though tests fine in menu? solid action, but seems harder to get the staggered jaw effect....replaced w metal stepper some time ago, but just noticed it tonight...thoughts?

c) refresh on how to change the multiball modes? ..seems I'm stuck in ambush more than usual

onward w this amazing machine!!!!

#23559 5 years ago

I know there are not a lot of games out there but I was surprised to see no Alien videos on YouTube more recent than 6-8 months ago.

#23560 5 years ago

side....I've got my xenon strobe working on the bench w 12v...going to trigger w relay that picks up voltage @ tongue switch...reading 3v....anybody confirm?

this will be a pretty straight ahead mod, and will post pics when I've got it in the game....(w part #'s)

#23561 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

a) Tonight was the first night of a "hard" game reset in the middle of game....nice multiball going, then whack....hard reset....I've put over 750 plays on the machine, first time it happened....fluke?...played 10 more games w no issues

Presumably a fluke; I've heard very few reports of game crashes. Can you provide any more details about exactly what was happening when it crashed?

Quoted from MK6PIN:

c) refresh on how to get change the multiball modes? ..seems I'm stuck in ambush more than usual

Ambush = bash Xeno
Hypersleep = complete APC drops to light lock, lock balls on upper ramp
Save Newt = complete lit Lifecycle shot sequence X times
Sentry Guns = load ammo via switches and shots; at 500+500 ammo, start at Vent 1.

Sentry Guns can be added to any other multiball (and you really want to do this, since all multiball jackpots are doubled while two MB's are stacked).

#23562 5 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Presumably a fluke; I've heard very few reports of game crashes. Can you provide any more details about exactly what was happening when it crashed?

Pretty fast, and caught me off guard....was in ambush, 4 balls in play...heavy egg action, and hit a left orbit....bamm....

been playing it all night without further issue...think I'll pop the top this weekend and check for a loose wire...game booted right back

(think I've been bashing the xeno lately, as I'm suspect of it's breathing action, hence the excessive ambush action)

#23563 5 years ago

Did the machine reset all the way to the power-up BIOS screen? If so, that’s more likely to be a power failure than a crash... which I guess could happen in a hot and heavy multiball, especially if the beacon and/or shaker tried to kick in.

#23564 5 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Did the machine reset all the way to the power-up BIOS screen? If so, that’s more likely to be a power failure than a crash... which I guess could happen in a hot and heavy multiball, especially if the beacon and/or shaker tried to kick in.

yep....I've had some massive games before...... a power blip was my suspicion......had all my machines on around me, so no external glitch noted. No beacon or shaker action...very odd....I'll keep an Alien eye on it....

(reminds me of my TZ when it would randomly reset in the middle of a frenzied game...can't remember what I did to cure it..power related)

#23565 5 years ago

So I haven't checked this thread in 521 posts. Did someone all of a sudden come into the picture and decide they want to give me my money back....?

Assuming not, any other significant news I might have missed?

#23566 5 years ago

You just missed a bunch of owners trying to help other owners fix and maintain their cool Aliens pinball.
Aside from that, nothing new

Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

So I haven't checked this thread in 521 posts. Did someone all of a sudden come into the picture and decide they want to give me my money back....?

#23567 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

I know there are not a lot of games out there but I was surprised to see no Alien videos on YouTube more recent than 6-8 months ago.

Ill post a review ! Check out my youtube channel full of Star Wars goodness!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJE2NBhlqLAvAF2IZ1IPDGA?view_as=subscriber

#23568 5 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Sensor update. Closer attention with the scope has led to a nice breakthrough. Micro is not needed at all. Quite a few parts can be left off and it seems some future ability for the switches is built in that was not realised on this machine. My replacement will not have a micro and will be simple and cheap. Give me a couple of weeks to test prototypes and they will then be available along with the other parts.

You're like some mad pinball scientist. I love it

#23569 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

You just missed a bunch of owners trying to help other owners fix and maintain their cool Aliens pinball.
Aside from that, nothing new

Gotcha, thanks for the update! Best of luck keeping them running 100% to those who ended up with one. I hope to play one someday.

#23570 5 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Very sad to read that. However ... even it hurts, you would not be the first guy who was scammed but bought later on a real existing Alien !
So far I was in the lucky position not to invest in any new firm except JJP with WOZ. TBL I was hard, very hard on paying ....

#23571 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Ill post a review ! Check out my youtube channel full of Star Wars goodness!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJE2NBhlqLAvAF2IZ1IPDGA?view_as=subscriber

Crazy .. we NEED your Alien tutorial !!!

#23572 5 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Gotcha, thanks for the update! Best of luck keeping them running 100% to those who ended up with one. I hope to play one someday.

Frank is a bit mocker but this game is really amazing if you can perfectly dialed in it and get it reliable or get the chance to have a later built one. That is my case and no problem till now.
Alien was just the second game of HP so it can get some youth mistakes. After some mileage, I noticed upper right flipper is a bit random to feed when ball falls from pops, vent 2 shot is very tough (whatever the flipper), chestbuster target shot is tight and not 100% reliable ( I mean not sure it hits the target).
The benefit of getting games with very tight shots and so lot of practice to make them is that tights shots of your other games can be finally easy or much more easy to succeed!

#23573 5 years ago

Still have the following alien parts:

4 face huggers
2 sets sling replacement leds
1 replacement led screen for the pf - sold
1 replacement ssd drives pre-loaded with software
1 replacement memory stick for original computer

#23574 5 years ago

I've tried to sift through a bunch of these posts, but didn't come across anything...

Has anyone had trouble with the coil brackets for the flippers breaking (where the stop screws on)?

I had a friend that operated his for a month or so and the upper right one broke. He ended up welding it.

I see that the Free Play site now has complete assemblies for $80 a piece. But, shipping is a killer.

If they seem to be problematic, I might get a left and a right for spares. Especially since it is such a different style mech than anything else.

Thanks for any advice.

Brian

#23575 5 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

I've tried to sift through a bunch of these posts, but didn't come across anything...
Has anyone had trouble with the coil brackets for the flippers breaking (where the stop screws on)?
I had a friend that operated his for a month or so and the upper right one broke. He ended up welding it.
I see that the Free Play site now has complete assemblies for $80 a piece. But, shipping is a killer.
If they seem to be problematic, I might get a left and a right for spares. Especially since it is such a different style mech than anything else.
Thanks for any advice.
Brian

try pbr

#23576 5 years ago

I will do that. Just sent him an email.

Thanks!

Brian

#23577 5 years ago

Do they have any plan for more videos or game modes for this pin ? I hate that it got so so little videos from the movie.

#23578 5 years ago
Quoted from TouchingEvil:

Do they have any plan for more videos or game modes for this pin ? I hate that it got so so little videos from the movie.

You understand that the producer Heighway Pinball is no longer exist ?! I am pretty sure rthere will no more updates or extended versions ... be happy with what you have

#23579 5 years ago

Game over man, game over!

#23580 5 years ago

The game has quite a bit in it, video scenes, clips from 2 movies, and substantial modes

Is what it is.....Not lacking at all imho ( except availability)

#23581 5 years ago

If I remember correctly, there is 27 minutes of video content in Alien, most of it from the movies. If that’s not enough movie content for anyone, I recommend the DVDs.

#23582 5 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

If I remember correctly, there is 27 minutes of video content in Alien, most of it from the movies. If that’s not enough movie content for anyone, I recommend the DVDs.

I mean its freaking AWESOME!

The video content and sound package is absolutely AMAZING.

It literally blows away every other pinball machine out there.

#23583 5 years ago

Question...has anyone experienced during game play where the upper right flipper stops working? After several seconds or more it then starts to work again.

Also during this time some of the leds under the center/right side of playfield go dark. If I turn the game off and on again everything works again.

Is it a loose cable...power source, bad board? It doesn’t happen all of time but when it does it’s normally within the first 15 minutes of play from the time of turning on the game.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

#23584 5 years ago

High likelihood that it's a bad USB cable connection between the computer and that I/O Board. The USB cables shipped from the factory aren't of great quality, and can have wiggly connections... if the connection is interrupted, even momentarily, it takes a little while to re-establish that connection, and during that time, all the lamps, coils, and switches on that board are inoperative. Most Alien owners have had good results for this sort of problem by swapping out the USB cables with good quality replacements. Short term, you might be able to mitigate the problem by removing and reseating the USB cable to that board.

(WARNING: BE VERY CAREFUL when futzing with the USB cables on the I/O Boards. The USB connector on the IOB is only held with a few solder points; it's way too easy to use too much force, or even just a bit of lateral pressure, and rip the USB connector off the board. And that is Very Bad.)

#23585 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It literally blows away every other pinball machine out there.

Well that’s literarily just not true.

#23586 5 years ago

Yep, there’s a huge team of people tackling the code right now.

They got ‘em working in shifts!

#23587 5 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

Question...has anyone experienced during game play where the upper right flipper stops working? After several seconds or more it then starts to work again.
Also during this time some of the leds under the center/right side of playfield go dark. If I turn the game off and on again everything works again.
Is it a loose cable...power source, bad board? It doesn’t happen all of time but when it does it’s normally within the first 15 minutes of play from the time of turning on the game.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I had that issue too. Replacing the usb cable didn't make a difference for me. Swapping in a spare I/O board did the trick. If changing the usb cable doesn't work and you don't have a spare, you might try changing places with one of the other I/O boards.

#23588 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Next release will be out by the Texas Pinball Festival?

#23589 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Leads!

As a former TBL owner, Alien is the vastly superior pin. Don't remotely miss TBL. Would very much like to play some more Alien.

#23590 5 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I had that issue too. Replacing the usb cable didn't make a difference for me. Swapping in a spare I/O board did the trick. If changing the usb cable doesn't work and you don't have a spare, you might try changing places with one of the other I/O boards.

Thank you and to Ferret as well!

Where were you able to purchase a spare I/O board, can you point me in the direction of who may have one? I’ll try replacing the USB cable first to see how it performs. Crossing my fingers it’s a quick fix. Thanks guys!

#23591 5 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

Where were you able to purchase a spare I/O board, can you point me in the direction of who may have one? I’ll try replacing the USB cable first to see how it performs. Crossing my fingers it’s a quick fix. Thanks guys!

PM sent

#23592 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Well that’s literarily just not true.

It actually is true. Get yourself one.

#23593 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It actually is true. Get yourself one.

You’re using ‘literally’ wrong.

I acknowledge my spelling of ‘literally’ in my earlier post had a typo.

#23594 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

You’re using ‘literally’ wrong.
I acknowledge my spelling of ‘literally’ in my earlier post had a typo.

Lol

#23595 5 years ago

But seriously. I played Alien twice, and agree that the sound audio (and lots other aspects like the rules, scoring, etc) is exceptional. I was in on one with a preorder, but as you can see I only own a Shadow, and no Alien... so we know how that turned out

#23596 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

But seriously. I played Alien twice, and agree that the sound audio (and lots other aspects like the rules, scoring, etc) is exceptional. I was in on one with a preorder, but as you can see I only own a Shadow, and no Alien... so we know how that turned out

Man i was with you on a pre order too. Long time from day one. Hard to believe that in its final state they couldn't get this across the finish line and sell a ton of these.

Sorry you lost out like so many.

#23597 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Man i was with you on a pre order too. Long time from day one. Hard to believe that in its final state they couldn't get this across the finish line and sell a ton of these.
Sorry you lost out like so many.

Ditto, and couldn't agree more....the final game turned out to be way better than I expected, but will always carry the scars of the past (Company, not game related), sadly....

#23598 5 years ago

Can someone who has played this game a lot let me know about All Out War? What’s the final wizard mode like ?

#23599 5 years ago

Anyone know of a direct replacement for the backbox monitor? Mine has one pixel that is constantly white. It's by no means the end if the world... But, catches the eye every time you look up. I wouldn't mind replacing it and having a spare.

Thanks again everyone.

Brian

#23600 5 years ago

pinghetto it's an AU Optronics model M270HVN02.1 ... you can get them on eBay or Alibaba.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,799 (OBO)
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 472 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/472?hl=dee-bow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.