pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 601.
#2301 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Heh. You know why I post so much really? Because I'm in front of my computer all day and all night. And reading Pinside is my escape valve.

Seems like posting on Pinside is an escape valve, too

#2302 8 years ago

Really Pinstein? Linking GOT to this thread...

#2303 8 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

Wtf??....who is Pinstein?

#2304 8 years ago

I like how the only game linked to at the top of this thread is GoT...

#2305 8 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

I like how the only game linked to at the top of this thread is GoT...

That's messed up.....maybe a mod can unlink it....

#2306 8 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

I hope they can release the backglass art for Alien soon just so we can link the correct game to this thread.

#2307 8 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

I hope they can release the backglass art for Alien soon just so we can link the correct game to this thread.

Not long to go now...

#2308 8 years ago

Andrew, you are such a tease!

#2309 8 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

Andrew, you are such a tease!

Not to those who saw it

#2310 8 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Not to those who saw it

Draw what you saw and post it here....

#2311 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Draw what you saw and post it here....

Yes! Like one of those court room sketches on the 6 O'clock news but much worse, I'm sure.

#2312 8 years ago

Me drawing? Far worse than anything you can dream of

#2313 8 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Me drawing? Far worse than anything you can dream of

LoL! Me too my friend, me too. I draw awkwardly proportioned stick figures!

#2314 8 years ago

sneak peek.jpgsneak peek.jpg

#2315 8 years ago

I just drew this real quick

alien_art.jpgalien_art.jpg

#2316 8 years ago

alien_hug.jpgalien_hug.jpg

#2317 8 years ago

All I'm going to say is that if anyone was hoping for a backglass full of actor head shots they're going to be disappointed.

#2318 8 years ago

At this point I'd be happy with a colorized version of the sketch Yipykya posted above, as long as it's a true BG and not a translite.

#2319 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

All I'm going to say is that if anyone was hoping for a backglass full of actor head shots they're going to be disappointed.

Exactly what I wanted to here!

#2320 8 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

At this point I'd be happy with a colorized version of the sketch Yipykya posted above, as long as it's a true BG and not a translite.

Well it's not "glass", but it's not a translite either. The Heighway system is backprinted on some kind of acrylic, and the art and speaker panel is one piece, with holes cut for the speakers.

#2321 8 years ago

Playing devil's advocate...you know if it was just an egg but it had the addressable colored LED stuff in the back box pulsing and creating movement within the egg while in attract mode - who wouldn't dig that?

#2322 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The Heighway system is backprinted on some kind of acrylic, and the art and speaker panel is one piece, with holes cut for the speakers.

Sorta like Cirqus Voltaire?

#2323 8 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

Sorta like Cirqus Voltaire?

Yeah, that's a good comparison. Not exactly the same, but same idea.

#2324 8 years ago

I saw the artwork on Saturday in Manchester and was so impressed I ordered an LE. happy days! Aurich if you did that back glass hats off to you sir

#2325 8 years ago
Quoted from matt_adams:

I saw the artwork on Saturday in Manchester and was so impressed I ordered an LE. happy days! Aurich if you did that back glass hats off to you sir

Atleast we know there are still some of the 500 35th Anniversary LE's available. Wonder what kind of pressure Expo puts on that LE availability this weekend?

#2326 8 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

Not long to go now...

Excellent!!!....

#2327 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You mean no Tom Skerritt or Harry Dean Stanton. Mega Fail.

#2328 8 years ago
Quoted from matt_adams:

Ha. This thread is simply going to explode one day

#2329 8 years ago
Quoted from matt_adams:

Thanks man, but you do know what you saw was the Standard art right? I'm hoping to have a little more room to go crazy on the LE.

We'll see, the focus right now is on finishing the playfield (it's far along, but not Fox approved, and not up to my standards yet) and continuing working on the interface for the LCD screen and animations etc. Once that's all rolling I'll need a little less day to day involvement in things that affect other people and I'll work on the LE art. I know people are curious about it, but just makes sense to do it last.

#2330 8 years ago

Andrew and Aurich,

You guys should update the website. Says Alien LE is shipping September 2015. Can't wait to see more on this pin. Gonna be awesome.

Is the deposit refundable?

#2331 8 years ago

Webmaster/Art content...more pay?

#2332 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Is the deposit refundable?

Yes it is, minus any applicable fees - up to the point we start manufacturing your game

#2333 8 years ago

Gotta say, I love what Heighway are doing re: modularity and simplifying and modernising (and reducing cost of) pinball machines ... but the art and graphic design on their first game is, ahem, extremely amateurish. For such an iconic IP (which if done right could sell by the bucketload), I really hope Alien will be unrecognisably better. This after seeing their first machine in the flesh today.

#2334 8 years ago

What's the difference between the LE and Standard? Or is that info still in the works?

When does the Alien pinball license expire? And is there a set number of standards you are allowed to build or can you keep producing up until the license expires? Thanks.

#2335 8 years ago
Quoted from mesmashu:

What's the difference between the LE and Standard? Or is that info still in the works?
When does the Alien pinball license expire? And is there a set number of standards you are allowed to build or can you keep producing up until the license expires? Thanks.

Let Andrew talk about the license stuff.

The LE vs Standard though I think I know most of the differences: Big ones are LE gets the Standard art package (backglass and side panels) if you want them, but also an exclusive LE art package. Has some kind of upgraded armor, I think that might be TBD right now as far as what that will look like. We'll make sure it goes well with the LE art of course. You get the beacons topper, and fiberoptic ramp lighting. I think a shaker. Who know what else, that might be it, or one of the things we kick around as a cool idea might make the final cut.

#2336 8 years ago

Yaaaawn - everyone's a critic. Jack Haeger is the guy that did the amazing art for Sinistar and I love the old school look of Full Throttle. Stuff not hand drawn enough...stuffs too hand drawn...... Its all subjective.....and everyone is entitled to their opinions....but calling it "extremely amateurish" is a total dick move. Thanks for keeping things negative.

#2337 8 years ago

+1^^^^ I agree, I really like the art on Full Throttle.

#2338 8 years ago

I thought it was fine art for FTH. Looked original. Lightyears better than the Photoshopped TV pin the other guys ' bg has...

#2339 8 years ago
Quoted from matt_adams:

I too saw the artwork too last weekend for the standard edition and was VERY impressed. There's going to be a lot of happy people come Expo this week!

#2340 8 years ago
Quoted from windoesnot:

I too saw the artwork too last weekend for the standard edition and was VERY impressed. There's going to be a lot of happy people come Expo this week!

AHHHH!!! pics please, for us who can't be there.....

#2341 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

AHHHH!!! pics please, for us who can't be there.....

right!!!

#2342 8 years ago

Oh boy, does this mean I'm going to see some Alien artwork after this Expo?

#2343 8 years ago

Sigourney Weaver is soooo hot for not being your typical "hot chick". This is my dream theme and hope she is represented somehow... (I haven't read this whole thread)

#2344 8 years ago
Quoted from JosephT:

Sigourney Weaver is soooo hot for not being your typical "hot chick". This is my dream theme and hope she is represented somehow... (I haven't read this whole thread)

Maybe we can get a "Ripley in her tighty whities" multiball.

#2345 8 years ago
Quoted from Scuba_Steve:

Maybe we can get a "Ripley in her tighty whities" multiball.

Now that is what I am talking about brother!!!

#2346 8 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Atleast we know there are still some of the 500 35th Anniversary LE's available. Wonder what kind of pressure Expo puts on that LE availability this weekend?

A lot I imagine

#2347 8 years ago
Quoted from JosephT:

Might wanna check a cpl of my previous posts in this thread. Just sayin'

#2348 8 years ago
Quoted from JosephT:

Sigourney Weaver is soooo hot for not being your typical "hot chick".

Thats what makes her hot, typical hot isn't my style at all, its boring but Sigourney is great, kinda like Holly Hunter or Frances McDormand, I fell in love with Sigourney in Ghostbuster's and its lasted well into Galaxy Quest and right into Vamps, love her.

#2349 8 years ago

Is today the big reveal day?

#2350 8 years ago
Quoted from mesmashu:

Is today the big reveal day?

The Heighway presentation is tomorrow night. Expo hasn't kicked off yet. I'll fly out tonight. Andrew should already be there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

9,799 (OBO)
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/47 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.