• 25,638 posts
  • 1,005 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 hours ago by iceman44
  • Topic is favorited by 273 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,024 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSCN7232 (resized).JPG
DSCN7231 (resized).JPG
Unbenannt (resized).JPG
DSCN7223 (resized).JPG
9881FBEA-9297-46D2-B5F0-24F96FFD3F86 (resized).jpeg
DSCN7207 (resized).JPG
DSCN7212 (resized).JPG
DSCN7205 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
0E70BB0C-1D39-4F15-9FA2-013A83C465C7 (resized).jpeg
69FCDEA0-024E-4114-92F2-27977D3BE07C (resized).png
Unbenannt (resized).PNG
DSCN7196 (resized).JPG
9D705069-AD84-44A6-ACEC-DA686075003F (resized).jpeg
CC14A821-3A75-41FA-8CFD-56EE58121152 (resized).jpeg
62C48A7F-D3AA-4121-9663-0367A4B3C223 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 25638 posts in this topic. You are on page 468 of 513.
#23351 1 year ago

The nut is a 5/32 size. According to the attached table a metric M2 (2 mm) should fit, the non metric size seems to be 8 BA.

Studio_20181006_234037 (resized).png
#23352 1 year ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Bit harsh considering I ordered a set.

Not really. The guy is reproducing the impossible and you're calling out his $15 discrepancy....I can understand his frustration....

I hate calling this out though bc you're usually spot on but you know how I roll.

#23353 1 year ago

Got this gorgeous, signed print back from frame shop today....positioned ominously next to the glowing Alien......My terrible photo doesn't do this justice.....

alienpic (resized).jpg
#23354 1 year ago

Amazon Baby!!!
amazon.com link »

These also fit WMS Microswitches so A great add to the tool kit
(Note, my error: I assembled Backwards in the Pic lol)

4FC072A7-BD76-4699-B442-407106F4C2EC (resized).jpeg8EB3F8FD-2C69-442F-9067-ED3B72836E6E (resized).jpegB730236C-D6E3-48FF-BB4C-2B14897E9520 (resized).jpegF9152A08-4ABC-4384-B7AD-C70B7743323C (resized).jpeg

F2732CC2-03B6-4553-BA65-86526A2C8F78 (resized).jpeg
#23355 1 year ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Amazon Baby!!!
amazon.com link »
These also fit WMS Microswitches so A great add to the tool kit
(Note, my error: I assembled Backwards in the Pic lol)
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Thank you for the link

#23356 1 year ago

I thought all the hardware was metric?

#23357 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

I thought all the hardware was metric?

No ! I also had to remove some parts .... used inch tools like on all other pins. Heighway only used several normal phillips screws .. I guess they were cheaper and work also ...

#23359 1 year ago

I was able to find another small batch of the IO boards. They are $250 ea shipped in the US, slightly higher for international. Shoot me a message if you'd like one or more. Thanks, Chris

IMG_0003 (resized).JPG
#23360 1 year ago

Speaking of parts.. I just ran through and did an inventory of parts.. I may have something here if you guys need it, or possibly can find it.

Anything you guys are missing or need a replacement of?

#23361 1 year ago

In single lamp test on your games does C-X6 Top PF. Lights do anything? Our games don’t seem to do anything..

#23362 1 year ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Speaking of parts.. I just ran through and did an inventory of parts.. I may have something here if you guys need it, or possibly can find it.
Anything you guys are missing or need a replacement of?

knockerlover (I love that name by the way), do you by chance have ramp entry flaps? Mine were rusted upon arrival of NIB. Thank you.

219D767F-0E93-43B4-970A-6FF46B4FC909 (resized).jpeg
#23363 1 year ago

Soldiers all in a row..

986E7ED8-4A5E-4EC5-858B-80195875A671 (resized).jpeg
#23364 1 year ago

They are all out like that for the last step, which is clear coating the top capacitor so there is no chance of the sling switch grounding it out.

88D3C3FC-5075-4847-B5AF-B874840EA7DD (resized).jpeg
#23365 1 year ago

SDPinballer I don’t have the ramp flaps. But I would suggest removing the ramp and using scotch brute pads and a lubricant to remove the surface rust.

If that doesn’t work you can try soaking them in evapo-rust.

Additionally you could contact Cliffy and see if you sent him your ramps glad as a template if he would stamp out a few new ones. Although I know he’s pretty busy these days.

As a last resort maybe there are some parts on pinbits that you could buy/mod to suit your needs. They sell a variety of ramp flaps for games.

#23366 1 year ago
Quoted from SDpinballer:

knockerlover (I love that name by the way), do you by chance have ramp entry flaps? Mine were rusted upon arrival of NIB. Thank you.
[quoted image]

You should be able to clean them up as KnockerLover suggested. But, if you wanted to make some that won't rust you can get some stainless steel shim stock and cut your own.

ebay.com link » 007 Stainless Steel Shim Stock Roll

#23367 1 year ago

Just a point of clarification for the sling lights. They come as a full set of four boards. Some (very wealthy, clearly) customers have ordered four sets when thinking they were buying four boards. I have made the listing on my site more clear.

#23368 1 year ago

In single lamp test on your games does C-X6 Top PF. Lights do anything? Our games don’t seem to do anything..

I asked awhile back in one of the threads and ferret said it was something that was coded for use in Full Throttle test mode, but for whatever reason wasn't removed in Alien's options--so it's fine as it is, basically.

#23369 1 year ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Thanks for the comments and "in´s" !
knockerlover : Can you post some pics from your "early" ramps ? We were discussing this today how this looked !! Due to the rivets on the lower layer of the ramp to connect the wireramp we did not swap this on my machine.

The metal ramps are the same, just the plastic returns at the inlanes are different. Early runs the cutouts were teardrop shaped, they later made these circular and moved them back to prevent this from happening like in the picture below.

BED9854A-241E-443E-9F2A-C98F7DE875A3 (resized).jpeg

Here’s a picture of the other side.. note the bottom plastic of the 3 layers isn’t broken.

88C8C0E3-8703-467C-9B38-647F522187C4 (resized).jpeg
#23370 1 year ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Just a point of clarification for the sling lights. They come as a full set of four boards. Some (very wealthy, clearly) customers have ordered four sets when thinking they were buying four boards. I have made the listing on my site more clear.

Unless they are trying to corner the market and flip them for a profit I guess?

#23371 1 year ago
Quoted from Durzel:

Unless they are trying to corner the market and flip them for a profit I guess?

Hehe except I have enough stock to make a set for every machine on the planet.

#23372 1 year ago

some had ramps with longer metal ramps and then reduced again

#23373 1 year ago

Does anyone’s xeno jaw actually works? My original didn’t and neither does the new replacement head I just received.

#23374 1 year ago
Quoted from adamross:

Does anyone’s xeno jaw actually works? My original didn’t and neither does the new replacement head I just received.

Mine has been perfect since day 1. Maybe they figured out all the tweaks by the time the last few games were made...or maybe I got lucky.

#23375 1 year ago
Quoted from adamross:

mine worked, got jammed up and the servo failed. I installed a new one (it is tricky) and it worked for a while. Servos are standard RC airplane stuff, $5 from Amazon. The $7 servo gets metal gears and is more reliable.

Two of the wires of the replacement servo need to be swapped for the new servos to work with the jack on the servo control board. (I have no idea why (US/UK??)).
When I get a chance I will fix it. As long as you leave the jaw open the jaw is strictly cosmetic. The Xeno tongue has always worked.
Still it is a pretty neat when everything works so when I get a chance I will be putting in the better servo.

ddt

#23376 1 year ago
Quoted from daudioguy:

mine worked, got jammed up and the servo failed. I installed a new one (it is tricky) and it worked for a while. Servos are standard RC airplane stuff, $5 from Amazon. The $7 servo gets metal gears and is more reliable.
Two of the wires of the replacement servo need to be swapped for the new servos to work with the jack on the servo control board. (I have no idea why (US/UK??)).
When I get a chance I will fix it. As long as you leave the jaw open the jaw is strictly cosmetic. The Xeno tongue has always worked.
Still it is a pretty neat when everything works so when I get a chance I will be putting in the better servo.
ddt

I replaced the servo but it still didn't work...

#23377 1 year ago
Quoted from adamross:I replaced the servo but it still didn't work...

the servo control board could have an issue. It is a small board and I seem to remember that somebody was creating a replacement.

anybody????

ddt

#23378 1 year ago
Quoted from adamross:

Yes, mine is fine..took it apart and changed to the metal geared stepper for precaution ( and future knowledge on how it works).....no problems after initial terror of taking it apart and reassembly jitters....not complicated, actually.....

#23379 1 year ago

Mine is working "out of the box" but only around 100 games so far ! The Xeno becomes "noisy" so time for some lubricant next days ...

#23380 1 year ago

Getting there with the replacement sensors. I have the micro worked out.
Sensor (resized).PNG
Panel (resized).PNG

#23382 1 year ago

timebandit woot!

#23383 1 year ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Getting there with the replacement sensors. I have the micro worked out.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Amazing work Mike!!!...Very, very grateful to have you in Alienland!!!! ( Of course I am in for a stash of these) ....mark

#23384 1 year ago

Ironic to think that there is more activity, responsiveness and communication with the community with parts and stuff now than there was when Heighway was doing it, with actual schematics.

#23385 1 year ago

Yup, and moronic of Andrew to be such a failure as a human and a business man. Scam artist piece of shit. Not slander Andrew, truth! Hope he still lurks on here to realize what a non-respected loser he is!

#23386 1 year ago

I just removed the beacon lights due to my low cellar ceiling. I wanted to install the lights somewhere around the Alien LE. First of all, those lights are not meant to be easily removed. I thought it would just be a few screws. But I had to move my pins to remove the entire backbox and so on. But we made it.

Now I am a bit disappointed because the lights are not very bright and are moving a bit slow. They don't seem like in this old Heighway video and I wanted to ask you if yours are looking like in the video or if you can confirm that the lights are a bit dimm, slow turning and quite noisy. Many Thank!!!

#23387 1 year ago
Quoted from tatapolus:

I just removed the beacon lights due to my low cellar ceiling. I wanted to install the lights somewhere around the Alien LE. First of all, those lights are not meant to be easily removed. I thought it would just be a few screws. But I had to move my pins to remove the entire backbox and so on. But we made it.
Now I am a bit disappointed because the lights are not very bright and are moving a bit slow. They don't seem like in this old Heighway video and I wanted to ask you if yours are looking like in the video or if you can confirm that the lights are a bit dimm, slow turning and quite noisy. Many Thank!!!

Neat! In that video you can see a light bar at the top of the playfield, and I think that’s the very early prototype with the alien in the box vs the airlock display. That could be one reason it’s different.

My aftermarket beacons don’t move that fast, and they aren’t as bright. Take a video of yours?

#23388 1 year ago

In regards to noise. I replaced mine with belt driven instead of the gear driven. Absolutely silent now. I got lucky and bought from Ebay to have an extra and it turned out to be belt driven.

ebay.com link » Emergency Light Rotator Warning Light Strobe Light For Factory Workshop Lte 1101

The top itself screws on instead of having the three screws. That is one way to tell they are these type. Plus in the listings pictures you can see it is a belt.

#23389 1 year ago
Quoted from adamross:

Est-ce que la mâchoire xeno de quelqu'un fonctionne réellement? Mon original non, pas plus que la nouvelle tête de remplacement que je viens de recevoir.

My Xeno works perfectly since the first day, it has about 250 games, the only thing, I have the impression that the language makes a little more noise than before.

#23390 1 year ago

Here is the final production prototype of the proper GI bulb. Just working on how to assemble them easily. At the moment a bit fiddly so they may remain limited release. I’ll make as many as I can.

165DF6CF-5E67-46EC-8242-8811FE295B0D (resized).jpeg252001CE-A962-4056-A8C3-20272A39BB78 (resized).jpeg3079325C-A590-43B2-B984-4B0B5290C4BC (resized).jpeg34CA183B-92B2-4BB2-BD9A-1AC645DDB551 (resized).jpegA5627CFC-3E47-438E-B8FB-D970A10F5934 (resized).jpegAE65E162-23F8-470B-B444-8B80ECC4EAC8 (resized).jpegD1160CE9-30A1-40AA-8582-8C3A351F4B17 (resized).jpegDC2F40F6-C470-4B83-8004-F563AA710453 (resized).jpeg
#23391 1 year ago

Unreal. Work mr. time!

#23393 1 year ago

timebandit so how well do you think the header pins will hold up with that big lever arm working on them? I would expect the playfield slamming/etc would work to rock those kinds of connections loose. Are they friction held or are they soldered in some way?

#23394 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

timebandit so how well do you think the header pins will hold up with that big lever arm working on them? I would expect the playfield slamming/etc would work to rock those kinds of connections loose. Are they friction held or are they soldered in some way?

Indeed. I’m trying some solder paste and hot air. Or even some epoxy on the outside. But definitely something needed there.

Update— solder paste in the bottom of the header and a run through the oven. Arm soldered in place. Rock solid.

#23395 1 year ago

Neat! In that video you can see a light bar at the top of the playfield, and I think that’s the very early prototype with the alien in the box vs the airlock display. That could be one reason it’s different.
My aftermarket beacons don’t move that fast, and they aren’t as bright. Take a video of yours?

Thanks for letting me know.

I just measured the voltage on one of the beacon lights and it shows me 8 volt. The lamps are 12 Volt. I attached them to an external 12 Volt power supply and they are a bit brighter and rotating a bit faster. So my question is: Can anybody please confirm that they have 8 Volts on the beacons as well? That'd be great.

#23396 1 year ago
Quoted from tatapolus:

Thanks for letting me know.
I just measured the voltage on one of the beacon lights and it shows me 8 volt. The lamps are 12 Volt. I attached them to an external 12 Volt power supply and they are a bit brighter and rotating a bit faster. So my question is: Can anybody please confirm that they have 8 Volts on the beacons as well? That'd be great.

There was a software update that applied less voltage to the beacons. Is it supposed to be 8 volts? I don't know, but certainly much slower than that video.

#23397 1 year ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

There was a software update that applied less voltage to the beacons. Is it supposed to be 8 volts? I don't know, but certainly much slower than that video.

Correct, we dropped the power from 100% to 75% in the last version to eliminate noise.

You can increase the power to each coil/output in the adjustments. Go to Adjustments menu, then Coils. You can set the Beacon Topper to the highest "stronger" value. That will not bring it back to 100% 12V, but it should be close.

#23398 1 year ago
Quoted from Ferret:

The 1.2 software includes an "Install Quaker" preset that adjusts the shaker settings to be better suited for the Quaker shaker (vs the Cointaker Red Tremor that was previously installed). I personally found that even with these settings, the effect of the Quaker is more subdued than that of the Red Tremor. Whether that's a good thing or not is a matter of opinion.

Does anyone know where to find the "Install Quaker" option?

#23399 1 year ago
Quoted from bcd:

Correct, we dropped the power from 100% to 75% in the last version to eliminate noise.
You can increase the power to each coil/output in the adjustments. Go to Adjustments menu, then Coils. You can set the Beacon Topper to the highest "stronger" value. That will not bring it back to 100% 12V, but it should be close.

Thanks a lot. I am going to try that.

#23400 1 year ago

Nib Alien LE
From Australia .. awesome packing
Thanks Wayne

9367B0FB-F250-484F-8B8D-A7CC8520B6D3 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 18,500.00
Pinball Machine
www.retroarcade.se
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 399.95
$ 209.00
$ 25.00
Boards
German-Pinball-Modular
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Mod Co.
There are 25638 posts in this topic. You are on page 468 of 513.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside