zKszZMu.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2530 (resized).jpg
IMG_2529 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 466 of 601.
#23251 5 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Did you check that the jaw isn't hitting the targets?

Make sure this isn't happening - or you need to fix it quick.

#23252 5 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Did you check that the jaw isn't hitting the targets?

I did and it is not.

I just held the servo in place and forced the jaw down a little (bending the wire that connects to the servo slightly). That seems to have sorted it.

#23253 5 years ago

Completed Loader Battle today. What an amazing Wizard mode. Great lightshow and sound. Can‘t wait to play it again and to purge

Anybody interested in seeing the Wizard Modes in a video? I might record it next time.

#23254 5 years ago

Has anyone been successful at replacing a Mosfet on an I/O board and willing to fix one I have?

#23255 5 years ago
Quoted from djh00000:

Has anyone been successful at replacing a Mosfet on an I/O board and willing to fix one I have?

If you have or get a hot air rework station it's not hard. Check some vids, you'll get a feel for how it rates in your comfort spectrum.

#23256 5 years ago
Quoted from tatapolus:

Completed Loader Battle today. What an amazing Wizard mode. Great lightshow and sound. Can‘t wait to play it again and to purge
Anybody interested in seeing the Wizard Modes in a video? I might record it next time.

Loader battle iS amazing!

#23257 5 years ago

So, now that I've gotten everything setup, I've been playing a bunch more. Unfortunately, I'm having one small issue that I can fix, but was curious if anyone else is experiencing the same thing.

Sometimes, as in just about every other game, a ball stays at the every start of the trough. This then leads to a ball coming in on top of it that jams up the hole. I was just going to add some foam or something to the start to prevent this.

Not a huge deal. Just curious if anyone else is or has experienced this?

Also, the playfield is level side to side and the pitch is at 6.8 between the slings and 7.5 in front of the xenomorph.
trough1 (resized).jpgtrough1 (resized).jpgtrough2 (resized).jpgtrough2 (resized).jpg

#23258 5 years ago

If you haven’t already done so, try replacing the balls.

#23259 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

So, now that I've gotten everything setup, I've been playing a bunch more. Unfortunately, I'm having one small issue that I can fix, but was curious if anyone else is experiencing the same thing.
Sometimes, as in just about every other game, a ball stays at the every start of the trough. This then leads to a ball coming in on top of it that jams up the hole. I was just going to add some foam or something to the start to prevent this.
Also, the playfield is level side to side and the pitch is at 6.8 between the slings and 7.5 in front of the xenomorph.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I had that I used a 1" half round file and filed the bottom of the playfield from above though the top, but the bottom right edge, just enough for both balls to fit through the hole

#23260 5 years ago
Quoted from djh00000:

#23261 5 years ago

I can but I'm in australia

#23262 5 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

+1

Magnetised balls?

#23263 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

I can but I'm in australia

Thanks Wayne!! At least I know it can be done!! I even contacted Clive at CoC and he wouldn't touch it.

Dan

#23264 5 years ago
Quoted from djh00000:

Thanks Wayne!! At least I know it can be done!! I even contacted Clive at CoC and he wouldn't touch it.
Dan

Which one is it?

#23265 5 years ago

Easy if you have surface mount skills

#23266 5 years ago

PSA: just a reminder to not use high carbon CHROMIUM steel balls (silver jets) in games with magnet features...

Now back to your regularly scheduled program..

#23267 5 years ago
Quoted from djh00000:

Dan

Send it to me, I'll take care of it.

My backlog is pretty significant right now though.

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#23268 5 years ago

Update
A full set of plastics in Vivak is done and my friend comes sunday to my home with it. So we can compare and swap some of them.
This is still a test-set ! The right ramp will cut out for the wireramp and the graphics will be fixed.
However ... looking forward !

17a6d211-7683-4ce9-b290-7dfb1a5f257a (resized).jpg17a6d211-7683-4ce9-b290-7dfb1a5f257a (resized).jpg33115f52-a143-46e0-a79f-2a0eec38908b (resized).jpg33115f52-a143-46e0-a79f-2a0eec38908b (resized).jpga9a5a27f-b367-42c2-93d2-4f6373a02879 (resized).jpga9a5a27f-b367-42c2-93d2-4f6373a02879 (resized).jpgbe813617-1475-4288-be6f-ebc7579eb7e5 (resized).jpgbe813617-1475-4288-be6f-ebc7579eb7e5 (resized).jpg
#23269 5 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

Send it to me, I'll take care of it.
My backlog is pretty significant right now though.
--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

You got it Rob. I'll send it out tomorrow.

Thanks!!

Dan

#23270 5 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Update
A full set of plastics in Vivak is done and my friend comes sunday to my home with it. So we can compare and swap some of them.
This is still a test-set ! The right ramp will cut out for the wireramp and the graphics will be fixed.
However ... looking forward ![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That is awesome!!

Dan

#23271 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Could you use one of these?:
https://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=449

#23272 5 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Balls have been replaced by Ball Baron Carbon Steel ones.

Quoted from Durzel:

+1
Magnetised balls?

I did have a couple magnetized balls when I first added them, but I double checked and they are not magnetized.

Quoted from knockerlover:

PSA: just a reminder to not use high carbon steel balls (silver jets) in games with magnet features...
Now back to your regularly scheduled program..

I think you mean not to use Chome Steel. But yeah, got that covered!

#23273 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

I had that I used a 1" half round file and filed the bottom of the playfield from above though the top, but the bottom right edge, just enough for both balls to fit through the hole

Interesting. That is a good solution. I was hoping for something a little less invasive, but that may be the best route to go.

I was thinking about this when I had two magnetized balls. I swear I bought one of these for my Shadow, but I can't seem to find it any place. I might pick one up to try. I'm guessing it'll have to be modified a bit for Alien, but might be worth a shot.

#23274 5 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Update
However ... looking forward ![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

NICE!!!! anxious to hear the results!!!

#23275 5 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

I'm also getting curious if the metal ramps will magnetize the balls quicker, as they skid over them sometimes. Not sure what metal they are made of, but seems like it could present itself.....might clear mine once it gets time to change the plastics (not doing anything until then...they are just too brittle).

Side note on the plastics - the backboard art is also acrylic (covering the EL sheet) and prone to breaking (ask me how I know).

That art was not on any of the .ai vectors that I've seen (finally have the correct files sorted).....

#23276 5 years ago

Sorry all. Can’t get pics attached to PM. This is specifically for Logger: the backbox does not fold down. See attachment bolts (there are a couple other attachment bolts and a flap that are not shown here.

12F05C11-E1BE-4AF4-ABC9-ACC3CA68EBBA (resized).jpeg12F05C11-E1BE-4AF4-ABC9-ACC3CA68EBBA (resized).jpeg56F54F07-6F4E-4EAE-A551-69985B1AC6B3 (resized).jpeg56F54F07-6F4E-4EAE-A551-69985B1AC6B3 (resized).jpeg63BF5A44-6C47-4983-B957-6E1F067E9ECD (resized).jpeg63BF5A44-6C47-4983-B957-6E1F067E9ECD (resized).jpeg
#23277 5 years ago

Thanks SDpinballer. Sent you a pm.
Hoping to join this club soon!

#23278 5 years ago

I have to adjust the flippers. Some really don't go well… what would you suggest doing first? I just don't understand why they are going so hard. I have one flipper with that high pitch noise. I changed the coil stop but it didn't improve anything.

#23279 5 years ago

Ordered some Carbon steel AND Ninja Chrome from Ball Baron

He claims the Ninjas might magnetize after +100 plays or not

Now I don’t know which batch is which! Any way to tell the difference? Look the same

#23280 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Ordered some Carbon steel AND Ninja Chrome from Ball Baron
He claims the Ninjas might magnetize after +100 plays or not
Now I don’t know which batch is which! Any way to tell the difference? Look the same

Ninjas will magnetize in Alien....Wipe the oil off one out of each of the bags...Ninja has a different, shiner look to it. Not as dramatic as some might claim, but you can see it...

#23281 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Ninjas will magnetize in Alien....Wipe the oil off one out of each of the bags...Ninja has a different, shiner look to it. Not as dramatic as some might claim, but you can see it...

Ahhhhh.. thx Mark!

#23282 5 years ago
Quoted from tatapolus:

I have to adjust the flippers. Some really don't go well… what would you suggest doing first? I just don't understand why they are going so hard. I have one flipper with that high pitch noise. I changed the coil stop but it didn't improve anything.

The pitch is something we all have to live with my friend. But you really don’t notice when playing ,of course I have my game turned up.

#23283 5 years ago

News from the plastics:
My friend was on my place today with a full set of plastics. They are still on testmaterial for costs reasons. The print is like on vivak but the lasered edges will become better on original Vivak. However .. this plastics are looking way way better than original.
Little showstopper: The templates we are working with are from a very earlie machine. We swapped today slingshots, some small plastics and tryed the ramps. there are several differences in the plastics. Example: The production end of the right and left ramp are with an extra post where the ball drops to the playfield. There is a rubbersleeve to stop the ball and let it fall on the playfield. Our template was without that rubber. Also the first version of plasticramps were designed to be mounted with a hexpost to the upper post from the slingshots, this was changed in production for any reason.
The plastic left top in the corner is other than our template. We can see that they had many many problems with the plstics fitting in the game in the beginning. We will make the left top plastic like prototype with print on it .. looks better.
So we are trying to sort all this differences out before making one batch. Due to costs we might be offer 2 sets: A full set and one with all expect the ramps. There are hell lot of plastics in Alien.
So I will swap some more plastics the next days, my buddy will fix the small problems we figured out so far.

Some pics ...
IMG_0910 (resized).JPGIMG_0910 (resized).JPGIMG_0912 (resized).JPGIMG_0912 (resized).JPGIMG_0915 (resized).JPGIMG_0915 (resized).JPGIMG_0918 (resized).JPGIMG_0918 (resized).JPGIMG_0919 (resized).JPGIMG_0919 (resized).JPGIMG_0923 (resized).JPGIMG_0923 (resized).JPGIMG_0924 (resized).JPGIMG_0924 (resized).JPGIMG_0928 (resized).JPGIMG_0928 (resized).JPGIMG_0929 (resized).JPGIMG_0929 (resized).JPGIMG_0931 (resized).JPGIMG_0931 (resized).JPG

#23284 5 years ago

TomDK I need the bottom most plastic pieces on the Weyland and Yutani returns. Mine are the original teardrop shape before they changed it to circular and my left “Weyland” one is broken.

Any way that you could run just these?

#23285 5 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

News from the plastics:
My friend was on my place today with a full set of plastics. They are still on testmaterial for costs reasons. The print is like on vivak but the lasered edges will become better on original Vivak. However .. this plastics are looking way way better than original.
Little showstopper: The templates we are working with are from a very earlie machine. We swapped today slingshots, some small plastics and tryed the ramps. there are several differences in the plastics. Example: The production end of the right and left ramp are with an extra post where the ball drops to the playfield. There is a rubbersleeve to stop the ball and let it fall on the playfield. Our template was without that rubber. Also the first version of plasticramps were designed to be mounted with a hexpost to the upper post from the slingshots, this was changed in production for any reason.
The plastic left top in the corner is other than our template. We can see that they had many many problems with the plstics fitting in the game in the beginning. We will make the left top plastic like prototype with print on it .. looks better.
So we are trying to sort all this differences out before making one batch. Due to costs we might be offer 2 sets: A full set and one with all expect the ramps. There are hell lot of plastics in Alien.
So I will swap some more plastics the next days, my buddy will fix the small problems we figured out so far.
Some pics ...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome. I’m in for a full set

#23286 5 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

News from the plastics:
Some pics ...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looking great!!!

#23287 5 years ago

I'm in for a set as well!!

#23288 5 years ago

In for a full set

#23290 5 years ago

Thanks for the comments and "in´s" !

knockerlover : Can you post some pics from your "early" ramps ? We were discussing this today how this looked !! Due to the rivets on the lower layer of the ramp to connect the wireramp we did not swap this on my machine. Therefor the middle and top layer are now "old style" and I figured out that the balls start swirling on the end of the ramp before falling down. On the "newer version" the ball plopps to the rubber sleeve and falls down, no swirling.
Also in the new model ramps there is only a hole for the ball. In the old style there is a slot lasered.

@all: Our plan is to have one fitting set here before starting all sets. The first set will be send to a specific person to mount the full set in his machine. If he gives the okay, we start making all ordered sets.

After full sets are shipped out we will also make single plastics or rampsets if needet. Will take some time but we will help all Alien owners !
Maybe there will be also several original plastics out after the first guys swapped.

Funny thing: I have a very late Alien but you can see on the original plastics already a colorchange in the clear areas. See the pics ...

#23291 5 years ago

Also "in" for a full set

#23292 5 years ago

In for 2 sets!!

#23293 5 years ago

In for a set.

Anybody thinking about making the facehuggers for slings? How hard is it to swap in a new one?

#23294 5 years ago

I’m in for a set too . . . just in case I can get my hands on an Alien in the future.

#23295 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

In for a set.
Anybody thinking about making the facehuggers for slings? How hard is it to swap in a new one?

You can order them from Freeplay.

Just received a new set along with full Xeno mech.

#23296 5 years ago

Gotta count me in for a set as well Pls!
And thanks they look awesome

#23297 5 years ago

Awesome
I’m in for a set too

#23298 5 years ago

Count me in for a set as well! Amazing work and thanks again!

#23299 5 years ago

Is there any chance any other manufacturer could re-make Alien if they could get a Fox license?

Tweak this game, make a regular shaped cabinet, proc boards, same code, etc and it would be a big seller.

Probably too much hassle for anyone, which is a shame.

#23300 5 years ago

Sling spot upgrades being made in the lab this afternoon..

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
9,999 (OBO)
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
There are 30,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 466 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/466?hl=o-from-do and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.