zKszZMu.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2530 (resized).jpg
IMG_2529 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 464 of 601.
#23151 5 years ago

I just put a longer comet strip on the face of the left playfield rail, under the walkway of the ball return.

Amazing. Look how well something placed on the playfield is lit, equivalent to ball visibility, against the still dark and ominous playfield.
20DDAFDC-5454-4ACF-A415-C966771E87AA (resized).jpeg20DDAFDC-5454-4ACF-A415-C966771E87AA (resized).jpegAC659F3F-10D6-4980-8F38-F3E4E7ADA100 (resized).jpegAC659F3F-10D6-4980-8F38-F3E4E7ADA100 (resized).jpegE5F46E03-B8A0-4A36-A1D7-A78CF7B9CE5C (resized).jpegE5F46E03-B8A0-4A36-A1D7-A78CF7B9CE5C (resized).jpeg

#23152 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Finally done this Am . Took me total about 2 hours but I’m not done wiring the power source into the machine. I think it looks cool but I don’t think it adds much light to the play field . I may either also add pinstadium lighting or I may wait for timbandits slingshot mod
[quoted image]

Ok installation finished .. my gosh when I contacted the power there was a big spark I immediately turned off the machine ..
Luckily everythjng ok .. I hate electrical work

#23153 5 years ago

So what is the status here really?
Sure seems to me that 99% of what it takes has been done on this game and that reviews point to this game being a gem over time.

What is going on with the aquisition of assets etc.?

Pretty far along to throw the company/game in the trash if you ask me.
Why not just use the existing supply line and pass the project on to a JJP or American Pinball type?

#23154 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinbutt2000:

So what is the status here really?
Sure seems to me that 99% of what it takes has been done on this game and that reviews point to this game being a gem over time.
What is going on with the aquisition of assets etc.?
Pretty far along to throw the company/game in the trash if you ask me.
Why not just use the existing supply line and pass the project on to a JJP or American Pinball type?

Deeproot pinball actually attempted this (and may be better funded than anyone else to try besides Stern) and said it was a non-starter.

It would involve dealing with:

A) customers that were owed a game (or deposit money)
B) vendors that were owed money
C) working with Fox to re-acquire the license
D) working with Pinball Brothers to acquire the assets
E) redesigning some of the more fragile aspects of the game (IO boards, light boards, Xeno head etc)
F) probably other parties that I’m not thinking about

But basically - a huge pain in the butt, very expensive and very time consuming.

#23155 5 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Deeproot pinball actually attempted this (and may be better funded than anyone else to try besides Stern) and said it was a non-starter.
E) redesigning some of the more fragile aspects of the game (IO boards, light boards, Xeno head etc)
But basically - a huge pain in the butt, very expensive and very time consuming.

Thanks for the concise answer.
What a shame.

#23156 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinbutt2000:

Thanks for the concise answer.
What a shame.

Yeah I agree I never thought of all that.
It’s done !at least that exact pin!

#23157 5 years ago

Ok I think my machine is as close to an LE as possible without the plaque. The only remaining problem I have is the ball launch area. It gets hung up in that corner not all the time, but sometimes.. Ive noticed that the ball launch area on my Alien has a shorter metal siding compared to my other pinball machines. Does anyone have a part replacement or fix for that ?

#23158 5 years ago

Can you take a picture from the mini habitrail?

#23159 5 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I have tweaked these prototypes a bit and have now ordered production boards. They will be in my Pinside shop and on my website in about ten days.

Christ, I wish we'd had you on the team when we needed it most for the electronics.

#23160 5 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

One of those parties would absolutely be myself.

#23161 5 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

Christ, I wish we'd had you on the team when we needed it most for the electronics.

Mike is the man....no way around it.....having him in Alienland is huge!!!!

#23162 5 years ago

Yep! Gotta agree! And thx for the leds time!

#23163 5 years ago

Hey guys I just got my cliffy in. do you know the easiest way to install? I’m concerned about breaking the plastics.
Thank you to all and all to scream again.
Bart

#23164 5 years ago
Quoted from Bartzenegger:

do you know the easiest way to install?

s...l...o...w...l...y

#23165 5 years ago

Hey guys I just got my cliffy in. do you know the easiest way to install? I’m concerned about breaking the plastics.
Thank you to all and all to scream again.
Bart

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/weyland-yutani-dedicated-to-keeping-3-alien-specimens-alive/page/3#post-4407173

#23167 5 years ago

Hey guys Ive noticed that some owners.. their xeno head jaw is completely closed then opens with the tongue/magnet. Mine is always open, opens a little bit more when it activates. Which one is normal? Does that mean my jaw is broken?
Thanks
Mo

#23168 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hey guys Ive noticed that some owners.. their xeno head jaw is completely closed then opens with the tongue/magnet. Mine is always open, opens a little bit more when it activates. Which one is normal? Does that mean my jaw is broken?
Thanks
Mo

Probably just means that your servo is either broken (the originally gearing was plastic but they make metal ones you can buy from amazon). Or that the actuator arm from the servi is incorrectly aligned.

Unfortunately you need to take the head off to inspect the servo underneath the jaw.

#23169 5 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Probably just means that your servo is either broken (the originally gearing was plastic but they make metal ones you can buy from amazon). Or that the actuator arm from the servi is incorrectly aligned.
Unfortunately you need to take the head off to inspect the servo underneath the jaw.

Yes, mine was stuck open so had to replace the servo and fine tune. Works good now.

#23170 5 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Yes, mine was stuck open so had to replace the servo and fine tune. Works good now.

The good news behind this.....the Xeno is truly not as cosmic (scary) as perceived after you go through the process......many, many other toys on other pins are an equal, or greater pita.....

#23171 5 years ago

can we adjust the opening range of the mouth? and the closing position of the mouth?

#23172 5 years ago

Hey guys that switch to the left of the drop ship ramp on the right keeps getting stuck! I have to lift up the play field, unscrew it, play with it for a while, put it back, then it happens again. Does anyone have a fix for this situation?
Thanks

#23173 5 years ago
Quoted from cyber-greg:

can we adjust the opening range of the mouth? and the closing position of the mouth?

The range of how much the mouth opens is already pre determined. You can adjust where closed is by unscrewing the actuator arm from the servo and setting it to where you want. Again the head needs to be removed to do this as the servo is underneath.

#23174 5 years ago

Post # 697 in Alien Thread.....adding caps in parallel to the output side of the switching power supply.....

Just installed today.......GAME CHANGER!!!!....this is a must do, imho......much crisper flipper action, MB action is very very consistent and powerful....highly, highly recommend......20 minutes and around $40.....great get, Kneissl and his gang!!!!!...mark

(mine looks a little different installed, but same parallel connectivity)

#23175 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Post # 697 in Alien Thread.....adding caps in parallel to the output side of the switching power supply.....
Just installed today.......GAME CHANGER!!!!....

Good to hear. If full throttle uses the same switching 70v power supply, they're likely to get the same result. You can do this mod for a fair bit less, we both used 100v caps.

Attach97041_20180906_133656 (resized).jpgAttach97041_20180906_133656 (resized).jpg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#23176 5 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Good to hear. If full throttle uses the same switching 70v power supply, they're likely to get the same result. You can do this mod for a fair bit less, we both used 100v caps.
[quoted image]

Can u guys do a write up on how to do this for noobies?

#23177 5 years ago

I'll try and do one in the next few days

Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Can u guys do a write up on how to do this for noobies?

#23178 5 years ago

Im actually loving my Alien more and more. Yes there seems to always be something here and there that needs a little tweaking but I actually find the shots pretty satisfying when playing a mode. I dont know which mode is my favorite so far.. they are all pretty cool. I can't seem to get past that scene where he lifts that colonists head up during bug hunt. That shot is very hard.

#23179 5 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

I'll try and do one in the next few days

Thx! This pin is AWESOME. Love the community

And possibly my favorite pin ever.

#23180 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:Thx! This pin is AWESOME. Love the community
And possibly my favorite pin ever.

Man, the game really has a unique spark unlike anything else out there. If you dig that kind of spark it probably is your #1 pin..

#23181 5 years ago
Quoted from bcd:

Speaking as the programmer on Full Throttle, and as someone who also disconnected his shaker...
Soon we'll be finalizing the shaker code for Alien. I plan to backport all fixes to Full Throttle, and add adjustments to tune it to your liking.
So, in a future Full Throttle code update, you'll have a better shaker experience.

Very old post quoted but .... in test menu my shaker (standart shaker in Alien LE) works but in game ... mhhh.
Is there any tweak or something to get the shaker in motion in game ? Or is it just so "lame" in the game ?

Thanks
Tom

#23182 5 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Very old post quoted but .... in test menu my shaker (standart shaker in Alien LE) works but in game ... mhhh.
Is there any tweak or something to get the shaker in motion in game ? Or is it just so "lame" in the game ?
Thanks
Tom

Can you slide the weights on the shaker spindle further away from the center to increase the effect?

#23183 5 years ago

I made just 2 games with open door but the shaker did not react one time ... so it seems that there is so far no situation in the game to shake ... In test it works. So in game I should "feel" the motor at least trying to move ...

#23184 5 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

I made just 2 games with open door but the shaker did not react one time ... so it seems that there is so far no situation in the game to shake ... In test it works. So in game I should "feel" the motor at least trying to move ...

Game definitely benefits from shaker...Must be something amiss...

#23185 5 years ago

the game uses the shaker too little, it is also his biggest fault.

#23186 5 years ago
Quoted from cyber-greg:

the game uses the shaker too little, it is also his biggest fault.

Yes I hope that as community keeps working on their alien pins a new firmware will be released that uses it more often then just my failed apc mission !

#23187 5 years ago

Maybe I should connect a bulb to the shakermotor and place it outside the cab to see if the shaker should be active

#23188 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Yes I hope that as community keeps working on their alien pins a new firmware will be released that uses it more often then just my failed apc mission !

There are about a half a dozen places in the game where the shaker is used. Yes, that is lower than what we had intended. We were concerned about issues with the power supply and felt that running the shaker at certain times was likely to cause the game to reset.

If a code update is ever approved, I would like to go back and find a way to add more shaker calls. Hearing that the community is making improvements to the power supply is encouraging, and makes this a worthwhile thing to explore adding.

#23189 5 years ago
Quoted from bcd:

There are about a half a dozen places in the game where the shaker is used. Yes, that is lower than what we had intended. We were concerned about issues with the power supply and felt that running the shaker at certain times was likely to cause the game to reset.
If a code update is ever approved, I would like to go back and find a way to add more shaker calls. Hearing that the community is making improvements to the power supply is encouraging, and makes this a worthwhile thing to explore adding.

Yes...Yes!!!

( and maybe the hall effect for the xeno.. ..)

#23190 5 years ago

As I said b4 greatest pin community ever!

#23191 5 years ago

I have all my shaker settings maxed out. I can feel it but it is very anemic, the rotation seems too slow.

#23193 5 years ago

New owner here, #234!
Just installed, and I wonder what the big bolt is used for? How the game must be leveled?
Tomorrow I will check all mechs, if there is a manual in the cabinet (forgot to check)
Would you advise me to install a PP or it is useless? I didn’t understand how the ramps were fixed in the entrance area.

#23194 5 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I have all my shaker settings maxed out. I can feel it but it is very anemic, the rotation seems too slow.

Isnt there a setting for power? If you have one of the last ones with my shaker in then it would need to be maxed.

#23195 5 years ago

Ok so now I’m confused! !!
I thought there was a long discussion on how many aliens were produced. And it was under 200.
Yet my buddy colonel has number 234?
Hmmmm

#23196 5 years ago

I thought there was a long discussion on how many aliens were produced. And it was under 200.
Hmmmm

Just an arbitrary number. Numbers on the machines don’t necessarily reflect build order.

#23197 5 years ago

?

Yes but I thought I remember that only like 200 of a certain part was molded or something. Maybe I'm thinking of the predator fiasco.

#23198 5 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

Isnt there a setting for power? If you have one of the last ones with my shaker in then it would need to be maxed.

I do have one of the last ones and I think I have the power maxed out. Do you know what voltage it's running at and if the power is changed by adjusting the pulse width?

#23199 5 years ago

Every time I play this pin and see something new I just can’t believe how these guys didn’t get this pin over the finish line into mass production. So close

The fun factor is off the charts and that’s why I play pinball ladies!

#23200 5 years ago

Hmmmm

LE Plaque #'s have zip to do w production......they made <>100 final run LE's, and <> 120 SE's....first batch cobbled together (from what I've been told)......apparently avoided preorder #'s .....is what it is......sad, but true....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
9,999 (OBO)
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 30,029 posts in this topic. You are on page 464 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/464 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.