pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 461 of 601.
#23001 5 years ago

Mine has locks as well

#23002 5 years ago

Sooo back to my led issues. I tried switching cable with no change dame problem.

I tried to reinstall code at the end of each I/o board install after it reads and writes . it says not detected is that because it’s already loaded ?

Lastly in all lamps the lamps work perfectly all the time. WTF !!! Haha

#23003 5 years ago

Replacement LED boards are in production. Should be available from tomorrow.

#23004 5 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

That is too cool!

#23005 5 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

That's awesome!

#23006 5 years ago

Is it the board called I/O board?

#23007 5 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

No, these are just the LED's - every LED in the game is mounted to this little PCB.

THANK YOU TIMEBANDIT!!

#23008 5 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Would love to see pics of your pinstadium lights when you get a chance!

Here you go this is like 15% brightness

53DE59FE-5CF3-46B4-A004-38016EEE876F (resized).jpeg53DE59FE-5CF3-46B4-A004-38016EEE876F (resized).jpeg659DF8A5-2824-4745-94C8-B90A97EFE369 (resized).jpeg659DF8A5-2824-4745-94C8-B90A97EFE369 (resized).jpeg7E3D472C-D233-4574-B462-A4BB722E6C5B (resized).jpeg7E3D472C-D233-4574-B462-A4BB722E6C5B (resized).jpegA4599E7B-7837-4621-B0F6-81DE6CFFC8E7 (resized).jpegA4599E7B-7837-4621-B0F6-81DE6CFFC8E7 (resized).jpegD71654F8-DD2D-4EF0-968B-4EC86E4ED685 (resized).jpegD71654F8-DD2D-4EF0-968B-4EC86E4ED685 (resized).jpeg
#23009 5 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Io boards I have if needed

#23010 5 years ago

Replacement LEDs built and tested. They will come in packs of 8 with the legs off. Can ship them flat inside a card as a letter like that. Keep postage down.

0645AD4F-DB75-4A91-A1C1-3E2FE68058FA (resized).jpeg0645AD4F-DB75-4A91-A1C1-3E2FE68058FA (resized).jpeg088586A0-A8B7-4F24-A192-528D02311D22 (resized).jpeg088586A0-A8B7-4F24-A192-528D02311D22 (resized).jpeg24234F4E-B1CA-4D9C-905B-2EBBDED95017 (resized).jpeg24234F4E-B1CA-4D9C-905B-2EBBDED95017 (resized).jpeg51343D51-CFF4-4246-ADE8-6735EBDC41C9 (resized).jpeg51343D51-CFF4-4246-ADE8-6735EBDC41C9 (resized).jpeg8483A94F-A71A-41DB-9E5E-FAEE2238A07C (resized).jpeg8483A94F-A71A-41DB-9E5E-FAEE2238A07C (resized).jpegFB973F6E-720F-40FB-9584-19C33A326C14 (resized).jpegFB973F6E-720F-40FB-9584-19C33A326C14 (resized).jpeg
#23011 5 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Replacement LEDs built and tested. They will come in packs of 8 with the legs off. Can ship them flat inside a card as a letter like that. Keep postage down. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Fantastic!

#23012 5 years ago

What are the Pinball Brothers up to currently?

#23013 5 years ago

Who cares?! The REAL brother's are the peeps keeping these games from being paper weights! The"pb's" never once came back and made a statement about what is going on or ever offered any support for their products. They are as big of a loser as Andrew IMO

#23014 5 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

They are as big of a loser as Andrew IMO

They handed out a lot of refunds and made improvements to the game to get it where it is today before calling it quits.

IMO, they are no where near as big a loser as Andrew. Now if we're talking about money, then I suspect they're a bigger loser (lost more of their own funds).

#23015 5 years ago

I care. That's why I asked the question. I'm curious what they've done with the IP and are trying to parlay into some new venture.

#23016 5 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

They handed out a lot of refunds and made improvements to the game to get it where it is today before calling it quits.
IMO, they are no where near as big a loser as Andrew. Now if we're talking about money, then I suspect they're a bigger loser (lost more of their own funds).

ya..good point.. they did seem to try before getting in over their heads. Just disspaointed in how it turned out. Don't know how anyone could support their future endeavours tho.

#23017 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I care. That's why I asked the question. I'm curious what they've done with the IP and are trying to parlay into some new venture.

That's not going to happen. They loaded up all HP assets of value and drove them over to Pinball Brothers World Headquaters. They have since sold those for a profit and they are retired from pinball manufacturing. Don't expect to even see a postcard from them.

#23018 5 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

ya..good point.. they did seem to try before getting in over their heads. Just disspaointed in how it turned out. Don't know how anyone could support their future endeavours tho.

Yeah, I'm disappointed too.

They might get support if they made everyone who lost money whole first, didn't ask for any pre-order money and produced a good product. We can be a pretty forgiving group when someone makes a real effort to correct past wrongs.

#23019 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

That's not going to happen. They loaded up all HP assets of value and drove them over to Pinball Brothers World Headquaters. They have since sold those for a profit and they are retired from pinball manufacturing. Don't expect to even see a postcard from them.

Thanks for clarifying. Good to know!

#23020 5 years ago

Replacement LEDs are now listed in my Pinside Shop..

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1023-redshiftled/01897-alien-replacement-mini-led-board-multi-pack-8-or-64

$1.50 each in an 8 pack,
$1.10 each in a 64 panel,

Ships for $6 globally .

FYI for you Aussie guys..that shop is priced in USD.

#23021 5 years ago

Any plans to do the ones with the long pcb? (I think it's the same board for the slingshots and standup targets)

#23022 5 years ago

Thanks time I just ordered.

Anybody know what the recharge drop target in the game is for?

#23023 5 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Any plans to do the ones with the long pcb? (I think it's the same board for the slingshots and standup targets)

Yes, and I'm going to reposition the bulbs so they peek out from behind the sling switches. Then the GI might actually do some I.

#23024 5 years ago
Quoted from Bartzenegger:

Anybody know what the recharge drop target in the game is for?

Well, it’s a standup, not a drop, but anyway... it basically does helpful things in modes and multiballs. Spots lit shots, increases shot values, things like that.

#23025 5 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1023-redshiftled/01897-alien-replacement-mini-led-board-multi-pack-8-or-64
$1.50 each in an 8 pack,
Ships for $6 globally .

Timebandit for president!

#23026 5 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Well, it’s a standup, not a drop, but anyway... it basically does helpful things in modes and multiballs. Spots lit shots, increases shot values, things like that.

My bad . Thanks ferret! Appreciate all your help

#23027 5 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

$1.50 each in an 8 pack,
Ships for $6 globally .

I will start putting some together for the folks who can't solder or just don't want to in the states. I'll post when I have some ready to go.

#23028 5 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Woaahhh .. this little machine wil kill 25 jobs in China Great !!

@oneangrymo : Thanks for the pics ... too much LED for me but sure, intresting to play an Alien in the dark **AND** see the balls.

@all: About pinballbrothers, nobody has contact to this guys ? To ask for all available documents would cost 30 seconds .. maybe with success !
If they will or can make no money with the rest of HP there is no need to keep all documentations, etc secret.
I am just wondering that Wayne is selling different parts for Alien. Is he a "brother" ?! On the internet I saw that there are a german couple and someone from Austria belongs to the pinballbrothers.
I feel sad for them, they are not responsible for the theft Andrew did with the pre-order customers and I am sure they tied to save HW and, for sure, make money with it.

Good news: Got my first extraball today There were rumours that there is no way to get an extraball on Alien ... wrong ..

#23029 5 years ago

alien (resized).jpgalien (resized).jpg
#23030 5 years ago

First run of LED boards cleaned out! I suppose most people just want to get enough so they feel they will never have to worry about it again. Seems reasonable to me. More bare boards are on order so they will be back in stock in ten days or so.

I have a bit of a production inventory mismatch, and actually ran out of caps and LEDs last night while pumping these out. So, for those who have ordered, about the last 25% of the orders won't be shipping out for a few days while I get the components delivered.

I thought I'd ordered a lifetime supply of boards! Haha.

#23031 5 years ago

Let there be lights.

456908F7-A615-46AF-A088-AA7004EB04A2 (resized).jpeg456908F7-A615-46AF-A088-AA7004EB04A2 (resized).jpeg
#23032 5 years ago

Is there a setting to enable sound during attract mode or no?

#23033 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

Is there a setting to enable sound during attract mode or no?

No, there's not really any sound during attract mode, except for a brief bit of music that fades out within 15 or so seconds of ending a game. Only other attract sound is if you hit the flippers, which produces some random fun callouts (and then locks out for a few minutes so people don't sit there hitting the buttons repeatedly to get callouts).

#23034 5 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Woaahhh .. this little machine wil kill 25 jobs in China Great !!
@oneangrymo : Thanks for the pics ... too much LED for me but sure, intresting to play an Alien in the dark **AND** see the balls.

I think your right. The Pinstadium lights are nice, but they kept falling off, I dont think I installed them right because the adhesive on the magnetic strips aren't sticking good. I may just remove them completely and use the game as it was made from the factory. My opinion about adding extra lights to a game is kind of like a director making a movie. The game was designed to be this bright or that dark.. its what the designer wanted. Makes sense?

Mo

#23035 5 years ago

Oneangry, this game in the dark. if you can see it , is amazing. I purposely wait till night to play it and make all lights are off and crank it up.
I have said b4 it’s has better horror “feels” than even bsd!

Hey time thanks for the quick action on LEDs!

#23036 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I think your right. The Pinstadium lights are nice, but they kept falling off, I dont think I installed them right because the adhesive on the magnetic strips aren't sticking good. I may just remove them completely and use the game as it was made from the factory. My opinion about adding extra lights to a game is kind of like a director making a movie. The game was designed to be this bright or that dark.. its what the designer wanted. Makes sense?
Mo

Amen to that.

I can sortof understand lots of extra lighting on old games where they were made with the limitations of technology available at the time (no LEDs), but Alien is all about the darkness and the pin carries on that theme. Blowing out all of the artwork with Pinstadium etc misses the point completely I feel.

#23037 5 years ago

I purposely wait till night to play it

....mostly...

#23038 5 years ago

Yes I have played it in the dark and it is amazing.. but the only thing I didn't like was a little bit of green light bleeding in near the inserts which tell what mission you are under the Aliens movie section. Like near the APC insert. Anyone else notice this?

Mo

#23039 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Mo

I don't disagree that Alien is a dark theme. But, it's hard to say what the designers were going for. It you liken it to a movie example, I see lots of people that buy a TV and use the out of the box settings where there is black/white crush and other badly calibrated issues. Most people wouldn't even notice or care, but I bet the director would cringe.

My point is, I find it hard to believe they put artwork on the play field that they didn't expect anyone to see while playing; which you can't if you play in the dark. Did the designers not expect people to play in the dark? I know I'd like to see the art.

My thought is there has to be some middle ground here. Ideally, I'd like to tie into the existing lighting, but that may be more difficult than I want to bother with. I've also thought about some high quality UV lights (not the purple ones) that would cast a little light without being too bright. It just seems this pin isn't very conducive to adding a touch of light in a way that integrates well.

I even thought about getting some glow in the dark flipper rubbers to help non-pin people know there are two other flippers on the playfield.

#23040 5 years ago

I added an active subwoofer .. not really needet ... factory sound is great.

Darkness is okay on this pin, maybe the lower starpost from the slings should be a LED one to lighten the area from the flipperbats a bit ?? Just an idea ...

#23041 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Yes I have played it in the dark and it is amazing.. but the only thing I didn't like was a little bit of green light bleeding in near the inserts which tell what mission you are under the Aliens movie section. Like near the APC insert. Anyone else notice this?
Mo

Does your game have the lighted inner side blades? From pictures I’ve seen they seem to provide the perfect amount of light for the play field

#23042 5 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

Does your game have the lighted inner side blades? From pictures I’ve seen they seem to provide the perfect amount of light for the play field

No man I have the se . I was thinking if installing lighted blades but it looks hard.

#23043 5 years ago

First batch gone. Most of these are going out as letters to keep postage down so there is no tracking. Aus Post estimates 6-8 business days.
About 10 days for next batch to be ready.

FA19A2D2-721E-488F-AD05-E8D7C686742B (resized).jpegFA19A2D2-721E-488F-AD05-E8D7C686742B (resized).jpeg

#23044 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

My point is, I find it hard to believe they put artwork on the play field that they didn't expect anyone to see while playing; which you can't if you play in the dark. Did the designers not expect people to play in the dark? I know I'd like to see the art.

I can't speak for Art Director @Aurich, but I think it's obvious that you can't optimize the playfield art (and related items like plastics) for playing in bright light AND playing in the dark.

Personally, I do wish the production GI was a bit brighter (as was intended with the original 5-element GI lamps), but IMHO Alien's lighting effects work pretty well in the dark. It's not a bright and cheerful game, it's a dark and foreboding game. I usually play my production Alien in room lighting that is dim or dark, and love the experience, even if I can't see every nuance of the playfield art. With brighter ambient light, you might see artwork details that you hadn't seen before, and that's great.

#23045 5 years ago

Hi guys ! I thought I saw a post b4 but couldn’t find it.
Does anyone know how to adjust the pf monitor.
Thank you to all

There is nothing to adjust ... if you mean brighness, etc

If you want to level it to the playfield you have with the 4 screws. My monitor is on top a little to high so I loosended the 2 upper screws, pressed it a little in .. thats it. No way to do more because for an extra washer it is too minimal.

#23046 5 years ago

As with ALL my games, dimmable overhead is the best of both worlds. A spotlight here and there on some of the Stern's, but Alien? No way...

IMG_20180829_233218983 (resized).jpgIMG_20180829_233218983 (resized).jpgIMG_20180829_233330019 (resized).jpgIMG_20180829_233330019 (resized).jpgIMG_20180829_233515784 (resized).jpgIMG_20180829_233515784 (resized).jpg
#23047 5 years ago

Well I decided to replace the Pinstadium lights with the EL blakdes that Sunking posted about. Pretty pricey.. I hope its an easy install, but that should make my machine as close to an LE as possible, just no plaque. Anyone else have custom EL blades?

#23048 5 years ago

I have done the layout of the replacement sling GI boards.

This will now give you four LEDs on each side, none of which is obstructed by the switch leaves or the rubber (instead of the current two, which are both totally covered by the switch leaves) . One LED sits up and to the right of the switch, the other is below and to the left. The top LED will sit nicely between the rubber and the plastic. The bottom sits just above the playfield and below the rubber.

There is only a small 17mm hole through which to install the board. The offset positioning of the two LEDs allows you to manoeuvre the board into place. If it was a plain "T" shape you would not be able to get it through the hole.

They will be straight drop-in. Same hole positions, same connector. Unplug old ones, plug these in.

I'm pretty sure this will be a perfectly appropriate amount of light. Ambience will remain intact!
AlienSlingGI (resized).PNGAlienSlingGI (resized).PNG

#23050 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Well I decided to replace the Pinstadium lights with the EL blakdes that Sunking posted about. Pretty pricey.. I hope its an easy install, but that should make my machine as close to an LE as possible, just no plaque. Anyone else have custom EL blades?

I was pretty sure I had seem people mention making some, but I'm not finding the post(s) in my search.

If you do take the plunge let us know the details. I'm contemplating doing the EL panels myself. But, I was wondering what the LE panel dimensions are so I can match it up to how they are done.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
9,799 (OBO)
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 461 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/461?hl=dee-bow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.