• 24,886 posts
  • 990 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by megaladon
  • Topic is favorited by 268 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,874 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

7F4123F8-8391-4ECE-AF11-E962ADD02580 (resized).jpeg
C653BBEA-0D6A-4AB8-B747-8AB03D8AB9A9 (resized).jpeg
A15EC5AF-B8AF-4747-B4C0-E2FF4E306E55 (resized).jpeg
DSCN6913 (resized).JPG
DSCN6918 (resized).JPG
DSCN6921 (resized).JPG
518EA3E1-9B40-4D09-9AF3-D08B83ACA387 (resized).jpeg
EC6E7BFE-1F99-4FAB-9410-B8F27C37F14C (resized).jpeg
DSCN6926 (resized).JPG
DSCN6925 (resized).JPG
IMG_4911 (resized).jpg
IMG_4910 (resized).jpg
Unbenannt (resized).JPG
36C12A21-ACB7-4C77-AA6E-93870258191D (resized).jpeg
12078675-4704659829489674 (resized).jpg
9A1AD931-4F86-4CAC-A73C-8318A968E54C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24886 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 498.
#2251 3 years ago

I know Andrew has been travelling a lot lately showing Full Throttle as much as he can. Any new information released is extremely unlikely to be before Pinball Expo as he's in Manchester at www.playexpo.net Friday-Sunday and then prepping for and travelling to Pinball Expo.

#2252 3 years ago

Well, I'm expecting to see a serious Alien showing at Expo. The problem with announcing a title too early is dealing with the excitement and ire of the preorder folks.

#2253 3 years ago

I'm eager to hear any news on the Alien pin. Looking back through this thread it has been 2 months since the last Alien "update" which was the revised layout and shot map cad drawing. Fingers crossed we might get any recent questions answered or something to keep our Alien pin interests fresh. Obviously Andrew is very busy with showing FT now, but communication has always been one of his strengths.

#2254 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Looking back through this thread it has been 2 months since the last Alien "update" which was the revised layout and shot map cad drawing.

Only 2 months? Seems like 6 months ago. Sometimes time moves too slowly.

#2255 3 years ago

Yep, the original CAD drawing was 11 months ago. Still as hungry for information since day one!

#2256 3 years ago

Guys clearly expo is when they will show something. One week away!

#2257 3 years ago

"Exclusive Reveal" at Expo..along with Chicken Bites...see Full Throttle thread

#2258 3 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

"Exclusive Reveal" at Expo..along with Chicken Bites...see Full Throttle thread

Somebody bring a camera....PLEASE!!!

#2259 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Somebody bring a camera....PLEASE!!!

hide it in the chicken wings

#2260 3 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

hide it in the chicken wings

Just don't eat it.....prefer not to see those pics....

#2261 3 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Guys clearly expo is when they will show something. One week away!

You don't know that... About as 'clear' as a fogged mirror. I'll be disappointed if Andrew just pimps his FT pins there. But we'll see...

#2262 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

~if Andrew just pimps his FT pins there~

I mean, that is their shipping pin right now....that would be the most logical thing to do for Heighway. Sounds like there will be some ALIEN reveals at their forum event which may or may not be for general consumption. I'd say the best strategy is to just be patient.

#2263 3 years ago

I'm fine. Just playing a wait and see approach.

#2264 3 years ago
Quoted from zeddex:

I mean, that is their shipping pin right now....that would be the most logical thing to do for Heighway. Sounds like there will be some ALIEN reveals at their forum event which may or may not be for general consumption. I'd say the best strategy is to just be patient.

The more I learn about the behind the scenes aspect of pinball the more I learn why you have to be patient.

#2265 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I'll be disappointed if Andrew just pimps his FT pins

They just started production and shipping on them so stands to reason that's their main focus...logically speaking

#2266 3 years ago

Well we know there was a private reveal of sorts at the UK party awhile back.....hopefully, a bit of a " legal leak" happens at expo.....I'm good regardless.....it's coming, and will be awesome.....I think it would be good for Heighway to sell a shitpile of their current title from a fiscal standpoint...

Being already in on Alien, I won't really get pumped until I get the call to pay my balance, because my machine is being built....an exciting day that will be!!!

#2267 3 years ago

Is there a release date for Alien? ...or an educated guess for one?

Really looking forward to seeing this pin.

#2268 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

.I think it would be good for Heighway to sell a shitpile of their current title from a fiscal standpoint...

I could see a lot of people waiting for Alien and then buying Full Throttle as a kit.

#2269 3 years ago
Quoted from bigbadmiker:

educated guess for one?

a year later than they expect seems to be the average for all these machines...

#2270 3 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

That sounds about right. And I mean for all machines, not giving any specific Alien clues.

#2271 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I could see a lot of people waiting for Alien and then buying Full Throttle as a kit.

Or the other way around

Hoping to receive my FT in about 6 weeks. Very excited about it

#2272 3 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Believe that is the best guess, based on what has happened thus far...is what it is....rather wait and let them get it right...

#2273 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Or the other way around

Yes! I'm can't wait to get my FTse!

#2274 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Same here...should be able to get in plenty of games before that Alien playfield kit arrives.

#2275 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

I'm eager to hear any news on the Alien pin. Looking back through this thread it has been 2 months since the last Alien "update" which was the revised layout and shot map cad drawing. Fingers crossed we might get any recent questions answered or something to keep our Alien pin interests fresh. Obviously Andrew is very busy with showing FT now, but communication has always been one of his strengths.

I keep coming back to this thread hoping for some kind of details on the machine but it's basically just a 46 page OT chat thread at this point.

#2276 3 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

I keep coming back to this thread hoping for some kind of details on the machine but it's basically just a 46 page OT chat thread at this point.

Me too. I think most feel there will be news at expo. I'm ready for news.

#2277 3 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Andrew showed me some pictures on his phone last week end. You won't be disappointed.
It was great talking with him. If you have the chance, do so. The Heighway team is great.

#2278 3 years ago

We need someone to start a new locked thread with just alien updates and edit when updates are shown and re lock it.

#2279 3 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

We need someone to start a new locked thread with just alien updates and edit when updates are shown and re lock it.

I agree. I'll check with the other mods and see if we have a volunteer to build the initial post with the current news (that takes some time...).

#2280 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I agree. I'll check with the other mods and see if we have a volunteer to build the initial post with the current news (that takes some time...).

Here's the quick & dirty version:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread?tu=heighwaypinball

#2281 3 years ago

Just filter posts to show Heighway only....

#2282 3 years ago

Like the idea, as long as there is another " club" or " enthusiast" thread to allow discussion. This type of thing might be applied across the board , as it is quite typical to wade through scores of pages to get the actual updates.

Happens on every new machine.....how cool would it be if all manufacturers ( Stern, JJP, Heighway, DP, Spooky, etc.) could have a thread like this!!!

Chances are they would be willing to post more frequently, knowing something like this existed....

#2283 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

This type of thing might be applied across the board

Right, not sure where you draw the line though...every thread turns in to a discussion. The EM CL thread is mostly discussion and not actual CL offerings. Seems like just type Heighway in to the "show posts from pinsider" box and you have the problem solved for those that it bothers.

#2284 3 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Seems like just type Heighway in to the "show posts from pinsider" box and you have the problem solved for those that it bothers.

Maybe this can be added as a Pinside "feature" for companies that have a Pinside presence. Some convenient link at the top of every page they post on (under "TOOLS"), people can click to see their posts. I know the ability is there to type their name and do the same thing, but it might be more popular if made easier.

It also might make companies that are borderline with their Pinside support more inclined to post stuff here, knowing there is a way for people to cut through the noise and get the details.

#2285 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Like the idea, as long as there is another " club" or " enthusiast" thread to allow discussion.

Of course there would be. We love enthusiast threads and love it when people chat with each other and are happy here. A news only locked update thread would not impede any other thread you guys have now or will have in the future.

It would just be a quick summary page for those that don't want to dig out the news updates. Yes, it could be done here just by seeing all the posts made by the Heighway.

#2286 3 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

It also might make companies that are borderline with their Pinside support more inclined to post stuff here, knowing there is a way for people to cut through the noise and get the details.

Exactly my point.....I personally don't mind too much, ( in Aliens case, I've enjoyed the majority of the OT posts, for example) but can see where it would be good to have.....especially if a manufacturer isn't updating the website often...

#2287 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The more I learn about the behind the scenes aspect of pinball the more I learn why you have to be patient.

I have been in on Alien LE since day one and "the more I learn" about the SELLING of pinball via the mistakes of many others, "patience" is a virtue BUT telling us WHY we are being patient, at regular intervals is very IMPORTANT.

Even if its telling us something mundane. Show up and give some kind of update, the closer you get you should be able to hone in on the timeline updates.

You could even show us a picture of the BOX it will be showing up and we would get excited

More communication is a great thing, no matter how big or small it is.

#2288 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Agreed!

I wouldn't expect anyone to say much right before Expo though, no point in giving away updates right before you have a seminar scheduled that people are going to pay attention to. Same goes for Dutch Pinball and JJP, it just makes sense.

Also, I'm totally not in charge of how Alien info is announced etc, but if I was Heighway right now I have to say that I'd focus on Full Throttle as much as possible. Show some Alien teases but talk about the shipping game. (This is me speaking personally, I have no clue what's coming on Thursday, I've been too busy working to even ask.)

It's kind of a big deal to have your first game finally shipping! Really proud of Andrew and the whole team. Obviously in this thread people want to hear Alien, everyone is curious, but Full Throttle deserves the spotlight for a bit.

#2289 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Amen!

For Aurich and everyone...about half way through the short vid:

http://blog.dugnorth.com/2015/06/variations-on-automaton-theme-by-keith.html#.Vhk0r4CTbGk.gmail

#2290 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I have been in on Alien LE since day one and "the more I learn" about the SELLING of pinball via the mistakes of many others, "patience" is a virtue BUT telling us WHY we are being patient, at regular intervals is very IMPORTANT.
Even if its telling us something mundane. Show up and give some kind of update, the closer you get you should be able to hone in on the timeline updates.
You could even show us a picture of the BOX it will be showing up and we would get excited

Ice....

I love you man. Succinct and in my head as usual.

#2291 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Agreed!
I wouldn't expect anyone to say much right before Expo though, no point in giving away updates right before you have a seminar scheduled that people are going to pay attention to. Same goes for Dutch Pinball and JJP, it just makes sense.
Also, I'm totally not in charge of how Alien info is announced etc, but if I was Heighway right now I have to say that I'd focus on Full Throttle as much as possible. Show some Alien teases but talk about the shipping game. (This is me speaking personally, I have no clue what's coming on Thursday, I've been too busy working to even ask.)
It's kind of a big deal to have your first game finally shipping! Really proud of Andrew and the whole team. Obviously in this thread people want to hear Alien, everyone is curious, but Full Throttle deserves the spotlight for a bit.

Granted Aurich, but I feel Alien will put Heighway on the map alongside Stern and JJP as a large pin manufacturer. One of the 'top 3' so to speak. As long as the artwork isn't horrible!

#2292 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Granted Aurich, but I feel Alien will put Heighway on the map alongside Stern and JJP as a large pin manufacturer. One of the 'top 3' so to speak. As long as the artwork isn't horrible!

Hey, they're set up to do it, we'll see what happens. Some real competition, at more realistic price points, would be totally welcome by me though.

In the meantime my goal is just to focus on Alien. Once that's done I think I'm gonna go back to my own personal projects again, but I intend to keep doing things for pinball. And you never know, Heighway could be involved again in the future. I hope they stick around!

#2293 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Agreed!
Show some Alien teases but talk about the shipping game. (This is me speaking personally, I have no clue what's coming on Thursday, I've been too busy working to even ask.)

Well, you can't be that busy! You keep posting to Pinside!

#2294 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I love you man. Succinct and in my head as usual.

My brother from another mother

No pressure Aurich, we have seen Rob Zombie and I believe Stern is SIGNIFICANTLY upping their art game for the future

#2295 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

My brother from another mother
No pressure Aurich, we have seen Rob Zombie and I believe Stern is SIGNIFICANTLY upping their art game for the future

Well, if artwork on GoT is any indication, Heighway has plenty of growing room. Obviously Stern doesn't see any threats in the near future, but with Aurich's vision I'm confidant that Alien will be cool as hell and a beauty even turned off.

#2296 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Well, if artwork on GoT is any indication, Heighway has plenty of growing room. Obviously Stern doesn't see any threats in the near future, but with Aurich's vision I'm confidant that Alien will be cool as hell and a beauty even turned off.

Couldn't agree more.......Alien?.....Aurich?....tough decision?......really?

#2297 3 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Well, you can't be that busy! You keep posting to Pinside!

Heh. You know why I post so much really? Because I'm in front of my computer all day and all night. And reading Pinside is my escape valve.

#2298 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Heh. You know why I post so much really? Because I'm in front of my computer all day and all night. And reading Pinside is my escape valve.

True.

#2299 3 years ago

Just wanted to say hi. Alien will be my first ever pin. Loved the movies forever and just finally reached a point in my life where I can afford one for home. Super pumped to maybe see something new on this.

#2300 3 years ago
Quoted from Rubix42:

Just wanted to say hi. Alien will be my first ever pin. Loved the movies forever and just finally reached a point in my life where I can afford one for home. Super pumped to maybe see something new on this.

Congrats in advance!!!....I suspect you have chosen wisely......

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
16,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middleborough, MA
$ 279.95
$ 50.00
$ 18,500.00
Pinball Machine
www.retroarcade.se
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
14,000 (Firm)
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sale Pending!
Denver, CO
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
There are 24886 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 498.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside