pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 459 of 601.
#22901 5 years ago

Well, Took 3 yrs but finally have Alien in the house, Bought from a great guy in Canada, , Dealing with customs was a experience but it made it here without a scratch, Have played a few games and man what a great game , everything I expected and more It does have the beacons and up to date software, haven't ran it through the test mode yet ,Everything appears to be working but will thoroughly checkout when I have a bit of time. I have been a part of this forum for a couple yrs and I must say the support here is amazing and gets better all the time,I am in Monrovia Md - Glad to be part of the family

#22902 5 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Best spot in LA for pinball hands down.

Holy shit. Your collection is solid too ...

#22903 5 years ago

was able to test the xeno and it is not working , comes up with extend error ? would this be the gear slipping?
tia . Jim, check back tommorrow night

#22904 5 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

I would like to know if someone gets approximately a rate of balls going to the center of playfield, to the upper right flipper, to the right loop from the pops?
Can a wireform improve the rate of balls going to the upper right flipper if located in separation of the right loop?
Thanks

Up!

#22905 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

So, if you're in the Los Angeles area, there is an Alien LE up and running - 100% fully functional at AYCE Gogi - a Korean BBQ establishment.

I'm physically about as far away from AYCE Gogi as I can be while still being in the USA... but I'm proud to say that their pinball league is using my league management system, so now I have *2* reasons to love those guys. I'm going to find it very interesting to monitor all their league scores on Alien...

#22906 5 years ago

Need some help. The wire that goes to the small screen on the playfield. It has come off from below the playfield (marked with yellow arrow) - where should one attach it under the playfield? The hole to the small screen has been marked with green arrow. Can you please show the correct place where to plug the wire with a picture? Thank you very much!

Wire_from_TV (resized).JPGWire_from_TV (resized).JPG

#22907 5 years ago

contacted the previous owner , he says xeno was working perfect , game was shipped upright in a crate ,[nice job and well packed] when I got the game the head was detached and laying next to the unit, I loosened the small screw on either side and reatached the head , now getting the exetend error message , any help would be appreciated

Jim

#22908 5 years ago
Quoted from jq-pinner77:

contacted the previous owner , he says xeno was working perfect , game was shipped upright in a crate ,[nice job and well packed] when I got the game the head was detached and laying next to the unit, I loosened the small screw on either side and reatached the head , now getting the exetend error message , any help would be appreciated
Jim

Try this, worked for me. What is the tongue doing? Anything?

'Go to the two Xeno boards on the back board of the PF

I took off the one on the left as you are looking back to the front of the pin.

It was easier to get at the silver tiny screw that way.

I used a tiny Phillips head to turn the screw a couple of what felt like quarter clockwise turns

Works great now

Also look at the switch on that board that stays depressed against the back board to make sure it’s situated properly."

#22909 5 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Need some help. The wire that goes to the small screen on the playfield. It has come off from below the playfield (marked with yellow arrow) - where should one attach it under the playfield? The hole to the small screen has been marked with green arrow. Can you please show the correct place where to plug the wire with a picture? Thank you very much!
[quoted image]

Lower left corner.

IMG_20180810_211513181 (resized).jpgIMG_20180810_211513181 (resized).jpgIMG_20180810_211559612 (resized).jpgIMG_20180810_211559612 (resized).jpg
#22910 5 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Lower left corner.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you very much!

#22911 5 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I haven't heard of anything other than acrylic for the plastics.

Shouldn't playfield plastics be made out of polycarbonate?

#22912 5 years ago

Really loving the game guys!
In the dark alien gives a cool eerie feeling maybe better than bsd does.
If you choose aliens it’s got more going on and actiony. 2 totally different games.

#22913 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Try this, worked for me. What is the tongue doing? Anything?
'Go to the two Xeno boards on the back board of the PF
I took off the one on the left as you are looking back to the front of the pin.
It was easier to get at the silver tiny screw that way.
I used a tiny Phillips head to turn the screw a couple of what felt like quarter clockwise turns
Works great now
Also look at the switch on that board that stays depressed against the back board to make sure it’s situated properly."

yes ,I got the tounge to come out but it will not retract properly, very weird , the switch appears to be working , the jaw does work ok . so the toungue will come out and grab the ball but then will not retract

#22914 5 years ago

Played some more of Aliens the other day, possibly the most atmospheric pin ever, had the sound cranked way up and it was just awesome!

One question though is Vasquez featured in the game I didn’t notice her at all but she has a couple cool lines that would have been great to hear.

CE754D3B-3013-416B-8FB0-11E492681810.gifCE754D3B-3013-416B-8FB0-11E492681810.gif
#22915 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

One question though is Vasquez featured in the game I didn’t notice her at all but she has a couple cool lines that would have been great to hear. [quoted image]

If you have the latest code, she says some things in ambush multiball

#22916 5 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

If you have the latest code, she says some things in ambush multiball

Vasquez is my favorite... you see her pic briefly when loading up the Marines, and then you hear her during Ambush.. awesome character.

#22917 5 years ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

Shouldn't playfield plastics be made out of polycarbonate?

You can't laser cut polycarbonate, petg is nearly as good and will laser cut.

#22918 5 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

You can't laser cut polycarbonate, petg is nearly as good and will laser cut.

You can but the fumes damages the boards

#22919 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

This is the rule for anything with Chlorine in it (e.g. PVC). Instant acid produced with following rust and toxic effects.

My quick check on PETG seems to show it is OK:

Can Safely Cut PETG (resized).PNGCan Safely Cut PETG (resized).PNG
#22920 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

You cant
You get a black charred mess
Unless you use a yag laser.

#22921 5 years ago

Vasquez is great!

She's got some lines in Ambush MB and Bug Hunt... and is also seen (silently but bad-assly) when you collect the Smart Gun.

#22922 5 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Vasquez is great!
She's got some lines in Ambush MB and Bug Hunt... and is also seen (silently but bad-assly) when you collect the Smart Gun.

And seen at the start of and throughout Bug Hunt... !!!

#22923 5 years ago
Quoted from jq-pinner77:

yes ,I got the tounge to come out but it will not retract properly, very weird , the switch appears to be working , the jaw does work ok . so the toungue will come out and grab the ball but then will not retract

Mine did the exact same thing.

A couple quarter turns of the screw i'm talking about will fix the problem. See what i wrote above.

#22924 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Mine did the exact same thing.
A couple quarter turns of the screw i'm talking about will fix the problem. See what i wrote above.

Any chance you might be able to take a photo of the screw you're referring to?

#22925 5 years ago
9A6E24D6-05CB-4720-8183-29DD37681F74 (resized).jpeg9A6E24D6-05CB-4720-8183-29DD37681F74 (resized).jpeg
#22926 5 years ago

It’s on the left edge of the sub board layered on top of main board on the left

You can see the tiny silver screw

Un screw the board itself so you can get at that little screw better

Take one of those micro Phillips head screwdrivers and you will feel the tip snug in there. Turn clockwise a couple of 1/4 turns

It strengthens the step motor somehow and problem solved

#22927 5 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Vasquez is great!

Is this the first game you have coded? Because the code is truly superb, really look forward to seeing you try and better it on your next game.

#22928 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Take one of those micro Phillips head screwdrivers and you will feel the tip snug in there. Turn clockwise a couple of 1/4 turns

Recentered zoom to show the screw.

IMG_0500 (resized).PNGIMG_0500 (resized).PNG
#22929 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Thanks very much, located the screw and tightened it, it was indeed loose. But sadly I'm still getting the extend error

#22930 5 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Thanks very much, located the screw and tightened it, it was indeed loose. But sadly I'm still getting the extend error

Tighten it again a few more 1/4 turns until it works.

#22931 5 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Be careful with this screw. It's not about it being loose. It's an adjustment screw, and should only be moved a quarter turn at a time.

#22932 5 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

the extend error

This could also be happening because your tongue gear is slipping on the shaft. A better replacement gear and/or superglue may fix it (worked for me).

#22933 5 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

This could also be happening because your tongue gear is slipping on the shaft. A better replacement gear and/or superglue may fix it (worked for me).

Thanks! I suspect this might be the case, so i ordered a replacement gear
291120661290_3 (resized).jpg291120661290_3 (resized).jpg

#22934 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Is this the first game you have coded? Because the code is truly superb, really look forward to seeing you try and better it on your next game.

Yep, my first game. Thank you very much, I appreciate that. Of course, it's much easier to make the code shine when given the awesome audio/visual assets from the great team! And Brian's framework was terrific to use.

But fingers crossed, we'll see how my second shot at a game goes in a few months... I'm pretty happy with how it's looking so far...

#22935 5 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

we'll see how my second shot at a game goes in a few months... I'm pretty happy with how it's looking so far...

That is very exciting to read, I am pretty sure based on Alien you will knock it out of the park and blow our socks off!

#22936 5 years ago

Props go out for the whole alien crew (owners too). I'm amazed the game came out so good with Andrew involved. If it wasn't for the awesome people he had working on it, this game would be a disaster.

Now owners have stepped up to make sure the game lives on. One more reason why pinside rules.

#22938 5 years ago

Ya, props to the crew and small bunch of owners for sure!! Well done! Still cant help but think what could of been tho. And just how many more would be out in the wild if Andrew wasn't such a failure. What a doosh-bag.

#22939 5 years ago

Agree on the comment above. How did Andrew ever get the license anyway? Alien is ruined for me due to
Andrews actions. Lol. Such a horrible businessman!!

#22940 5 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

How did Andrew ever get the license anyway?

sounds like roger sharpe took care of that for him.

http://pavlovpinball.com/pinball-licencing-101-how-much-why-and-harry-potter/

Before granting a licence, the holder will want to know that the company is real and legitimate, and having someone such as himself involved can be vital in securing a deal, Sharpe says. As an example, he says that he helped Heighway Pinball get the Alien licence, despite the company having no product yet on the market. “I knew the people responsible for the Alien licence, and if wasn’t for my involvement, I don’t believe that Andrew would have been able to secure the licence and definitely at the rates I was able to negotiate,” he says.

#22941 5 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Agree on the comment above. How did Andrew ever get the license anyway? Alien is ruined for me due to
Andrews actions. Lol. Such a horrible businessman!!

It was Roger Sharpe who helped secure the Alien license for Andrew.

#22942 5 years ago

So I have access to a stash of parts Inc complete xeno assemblys, boards etc

Pm me a list of what you need, will make up a list

#22943 5 years ago

If anyone is interested, I modified my Alien launch ramp so that it fires all the way up to the pops. Before you freak out - it's totally reversible and I didn't drill any new holes anywhere. I went ahead and started a new thread here to discuss:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-launching-into-the-pops-

IMG_4928 (resized).JPGIMG_4928 (resized).JPG
#22944 5 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

If anyone is interested, I modified my Alien launch ramp so that it fires all the way up to the pops. Before you freak out - it's totally reversible and I didn't drill any new holes anywhere. I went ahead and started a new thread here to discuss:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-launching-into-the-pops-[quoted image]

I assume you have done this due to problems with ball launches? Other than it looking pretty f’in cool

#22945 5 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

If anyone is interested, I modified my Alien launch ramp so that it fires all the way up to the pops.

No more skill shots?

#22946 5 years ago

Launch ramp looks is cool. Fish Tales for the win.

#22947 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamoraldus:

No more skill shots?

As it stands, the ball will either (1) not make it to the pops, and roll back down the right loop to the flipper, or (2) make it to the pops, where it will either go into the L or V lane, or (3) it will make it past the pops, and returns out the 'lane 3' mini-loop. With options (1) and (2) I still have the ability to hit a skill shot.

#22948 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

[quoted image]

That's a stock Stepper motor module the kind you might find on a Chinese 3D printer.

You're more adjusting a screw its actually a potentiometer that increases current. Don't go too far or you'll blow the module (they are easy to find)

It's also a bit laughable that they're using an entire MCU to control the DC motor driver on the right. It's also laughable because that motor driver can also do steppers but they're got a different module for it.

#22949 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

It's also a bit laughable that they're using an entire MCU to control the DC motor driver on the right. It's also laughable because that motor driver can also do steppers but they're got a different module for it.

Can't disagree with you there.

There was a lot of politics involved in the way the xenomorph was designed. It went through more iterations that I can remember.

#22950 5 years ago

Hi guys ! I thought I saw a post b4 but couldn’t find it.
Does anyone know how to adjust the pf monitor.
Thank you to all

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,799 (OBO)
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 459 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/459?hl=blueberryjohnson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.