pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 458 of 601.
#22851 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Has anybody had a chance to hook up an external sub? I got that polk audio 10" from Amazon for like 99.00. I think I just wire it to the leads on the existing woofer in the cabinet, + / -.. and let the power to the sub take care of the rest

Yes - I put extension wire on the existing leads and ran it out the bottom screen - sounds amazing.

#22853 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm thinking Alien and TBL are Stern and JJP's worst nightmare…...

sorry man...sometimes you dip into one of these long ass threads and can't help but read the first page...

I'm sure I've written plenty of stuff that would make me an idiot but I usually avoid doing it on the front page of a thread that's going to be around for years.

#22854 5 years ago

Just and update!! Here’s the little bugger!!!
Thanks so much for everyone’s help!!

BA28A8BA-2F26-4E83-8859-D48B77284D13 (resized).jpegBA28A8BA-2F26-4E83-8859-D48B77284D13 (resized).jpeg
#22855 5 years ago

If the missing lamp is important, and you don't have a spare lamp, you might be able to swap the bad one for a good GI (i.e. not important for gameplay status) that's at the end of a chain -- I believe there are a few of those, you can use Single Lamp Test as I previously described to identify a candidate.

#22856 5 years ago

Thank so much for your help !! It’s been truly instrumental !

#22857 5 years ago

This is too good of a theme to just have a few of these in the wild. Can’t Stern or somebody get the license and give it another go?

#22858 5 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

I put extension wire on the existing leads and ran it out the bottom screen - sounds amazing.

I just completed 'capture Jonsey'. Do that, and let me know if you need a sub. OMG...it shook the floor..

Quoted from Bartzenegger:

Here’s the little bugger!!!

We need someone to replicate this part!!!!!!

#22859 5 years ago

If I hold the left flipper it makes a high pitch noise anyone know why?

#22860 5 years ago

It’s a hardware design issue. Can’t do much about it.

#22861 5 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

We need someone to replicate this part!!!!!!

I'll get to it!

#22862 5 years ago

I’ve already got stock of the LEDs. Board is trivial.

0C581887-E518-427B-A0E2-109695869367 (resized).jpeg0C581887-E518-427B-A0E2-109695869367 (resized).jpeg40090861-C24B-4B60-B71A-BDC77A94162D (resized).jpeg40090861-C24B-4B60-B71A-BDC77A94162D (resized).jpeg
#22863 5 years ago

Does that LED PCB have any other "stuff" (logic/resistors, etc) on it? Or is it just the LED and the legs to plug it in?

I was thinking about ordering some spare LEDs, but if the PCB itself can go bad then that changes things.

#22864 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

Does that LED PCB have any other "stuff" (logic/resistors, etc) on it? Or is it just the LED and the legs to plug it in?
I was thinking about ordering some spare LEDs, but if the PCB itself can go bad then that changes things.

It has a capacitor and a couple of resistors.
The resistors are on the data line and there is a bit of internet traffic around that, as they are not required by the application note on the datasheet, but some reckon they are a low cost way to protect the data line in certain circumstances.

You could still just buy the LEDs and remove and replace a blown one. Not everyone could be bothered with that though I guess.

#22865 5 years ago

Please count me also in for 10 pieces.

My machine should arrive today or tomorrow ... yesterday my facehugger arrived and I will let you know if this are exactly the ones from the machine

#22866 5 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I’ve already got stock of the LEDs. Board is trivial. [quoted image][quoted image]

What type is it? I thought I matched it but what I got was not the right type.

#22867 5 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

What type is it? I thought I matched it but what I got was not the right type.

WS2812B

#22869 5 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Yes - I put extension wire on the existing leads and ran it out the bottom screen - sounds amazing.

Got to installing the sub this am. I just used some electrical tape to mount the speaker wire on top of the existing sub leads. Lucky for me.. my cabinet already had two holes near the shaker motor so I squeezed the speaker wire out through there.. haha. Looks like whoever installed the shaker didn't do it right the first time.. leaving two small holes.. enough for speaker wire!

#22870 5 years ago

Successfully replaced LED on the current board. Works perfectly.

15C872AD-10DD-4376-A3FD-579A4DA07324 (resized).jpeg15C872AD-10DD-4376-A3FD-579A4DA07324 (resized).jpeg
#22871 5 years ago

Board laid out. Consider replacement LEDs for Alien now in unlimited supply.

AlienWS2812 (resized).PNGAlienWS2812 (resized).PNG
#22873 5 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Board laid out. Consider replacement LEDs for Alien now in unlimited supply.[quoted image]

now we need the sensor boards

#22874 5 years ago

I just ordered a lifetime supply of bare LED boards. I will be making them up and sending them out to Alien owners at component cost plus shipping. I imagine if everyone took a pack of 8 then we would all be good for a while.

They will be about a dollar each I think.

#22875 5 years ago

WooooooooHooooooo!!!

Thank you TimeBandit~!~!~!

#22876 5 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I just ordered a lifetime supply of LED boards. I will be making them up and sending them out to Alien owners at component cost plus shipping. I imagine if everyone took a pack of 8 then we would all be good for a while.

Good you are here for the pin community. Much respect and kudos for you

#22877 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Good you are here for the pin community. Much respect and kudos for you

Mike is literally as good as they come...a genius in pinland.....so grateful to have you in the community!!!!!

You are hereby forgiven of any demerits from the past over the Grid move... THANK YOU!!!.....mark

#22878 5 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I just ordered a lifetime supply of LED boards. I will be making them up and sending them out to Alien owners at component cost plus shipping. I imagine if everyone took a pack of 8 then we would all be good for a while.

I'll take some when you have them done.

Thanks for doing this!!

Dan

#22879 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

sorry man...sometimes you dip into one of these long ass threads and can't help but read the first page...
I'm sure I've written plenty of stuff that would make me an idiot but I usually avoid doing it on the front page of a thread that's going to be around for years.

Just don't dip into my Jpop thread and read back some of that old shit!!!

Embarassing

#22880 5 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

i love you man!!!!!!!

you need to put an upcharge on these, i'll happily pay whatever

i'll take 2 8 packs if you can spare them.

#22881 5 years ago

Man what a great community.

#22882 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

i love you man!!!!!!!
you need to put an upcharge on these, i'll happily pay whatever
i'll take 2 8 packs if you can spare them.

No charge necessary. I’m protecting my investment.
And when 150 of these machines are existing, nay, thriving long term in a heavily supported community effort, Andrew Heighway can burn as he realises what potential he destroyed. Payback enough right there.

#22883 5 years ago

Will definitely take an 8 pack when you have them ready, thank you very much for making these available!!

#22884 5 years ago

Getting swamped with requests for these lights. Now I guess I can justify my pick and place machine, haha!!
Don’t worry. No need to preorder or anything. I will keep permanent stock and make them when I have to.
(And sensor boards are coming too. )
020B896B-2AF2-4CA1-AF8C-3668E1B1498B (resized).jpeg020B896B-2AF2-4CA1-AF8C-3668E1B1498B (resized).jpeg

#22885 5 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Board laid out. Consider replacement LEDs for Alien now in unlimited supply.[quoted image]

In fact, this is a chance you bought this game. You are finally the best HP support with some other great persons of HP team. Thanks so much

#22886 5 years ago

I would like to know if someone gets approximately a rate of balls going to the center of playfield, to the upper right flipper, to the right loop from the pops?
Can a wireform improve the rate of balls going to the upper right flipper if located in separation of the right loop?
Thanks

#22887 5 years ago

Alien LE # 439/??? landed this morning well in my gameroom

Thank you to RS Pinball in Austria for checking the game before shipping !
Everything works well ! Xenomorph, balltrough ... no problems on the first 2 games !

Will play some games and start bringing mylar in front of the VUK and the frame from the playfield monitor.

Bad news: My facehugger are not the same as in the machine, bad luck.IMG_0184 (resized).JPGIMG_0184 (resized).JPG

IMG_0173 (resized).JPGIMG_0173 (resized).JPGIMG_0192 (resized).JPGIMG_0192 (resized).JPGIMG_0195 (resized).JPGIMG_0195 (resized).JPG
#22888 5 years ago

What is your built date?

#22889 5 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

What is your built date?

Where to find ?
On the serial sticker on the backside is no date.
But seems to be a very late production: VUK protector and right ramp plastic with a larger cutout.

And ... I was too fast .. the playfield monitor is stottering .. will check cables later ...

IMG_0198 (resized).JPGIMG_0198 (resized).JPG
#22890 5 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

Bad news: My facehugger are not the same as in the machine, bad luck.

Or good luck? Maybe your facehugger don't break so fast as the original ones?

#22891 5 years ago

Good luck with your ALIEN and have fun!

#22892 5 years ago
Quoted from wizzard:

Or good luck? Maybe your facehugger don't break so fast as the original ones?

At least I can order them in China for 7 Dollar .....

@Avverell: Danke

#22893 5 years ago

Speaking of face huggers.. I seem to recall the ones on the early (prototype) machines seemed to break rather easily. Did they change the face huggers or are the home machines just not getting the play that the location machines where?

I guess I'm getting to, is there a source for replacements?

If they are prone to breaking, I'd almost rather take out the originals and put in some cheap ones from china or wherever if replacements aren't available.

#22894 5 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

In fact, this is a chance you bought this game. You are finally the best HP support with some other great persons of HP team. Thanks so much

Yes, much thanks to you, Timebandit, and the guys from the Weyland Yutani thread (Knockerlover and Pinbackpacker) for all the work you're doing sourcing or making replacement parts.

Also thanks to the remaining HP American team (Aurich, Ferret and BCD) and Ballypinball who continue to remain active in these threads offering support where they can.

#22895 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

Speaking of face huggers.. I seem to recall the ones on the early (prototype) machines seemed to break rather easily. Did they change the face huggers or are the home machines just not getting the play that the location machines where?
I guess I'm getting to, is there a source for replacements?
If they are prone to breaking, I'd almost rather take out the originals and put in some cheap ones from china or wherever if replacements aren't available.

Little smaller, better than nothing

ebay.com link: Alien Covenant Movie Toys Alien Chestburster Alien Facehugger Action Figure

#22896 5 years ago

Congrats Tom!!
So i still have a head scratcher. A row of LEDs seem to be not out but not working properly either. In lamp test they start working after about 20 seconds. Then the colors change to say for example blue ,they either don’t work or lock up. Then when it gets back to say green they start working properly then lock again after so long. I have pulled the LEDs at there end of the row yet still does this.

4E500D4B-255D-491F-BC08-FBD7522FA685 (resized).jpeg4E500D4B-255D-491F-BC08-FBD7522FA685 (resized).jpeg
#22897 5 years ago

I had a couple leds die, and one would kinda work intermittently behavior just like what you show. You just gotta follow the chain and pull the dead/dying one.

#22898 5 years ago

Thx kneissl that makes me feel better.

#22899 5 years ago

So, if you're in the Los Angeles area, there is an Alien LE up and running - 100% fully functional at AYCE Gogi - a Korean BBQ establishment. Dude has a massive and beautiful collection. All games are in tip top condition. In fact, the owner is on Pinside, doomid . TNA, Rob Zombie, AMH, Alice Cooper, GOT Pro, Tron Pro, GotG Pro, IMDN LE, Stargazer, WOF, T2, Batman 66 LE, Centaur, Godzilla, and Alien LE were all there as well as Iron Man, Spiderman VE and SW - those three were in the LOBBY...

The rest of them are in the back. It was funny because I saw SMVE, IM, and SW Pro up front and I had "the look" as I wondered around and a server walked right up to me and said "all the way in the back left". I was like "Is it that obvious?" and he was like: "I could totally tell what you were looking for...!"...Cracked me up.

Games were in fantastic shape. This is THE place to go in LA if you want to play all the new titles at full strength. Flippers nice and strong, cliffys on everything, playfields nice and clean - guy really takes solid shape of these games. These are not beaters; these are out of his personal collection and it shows.

Alien LE was a blast to play. I think I've "had my fill" of it at this point, but man, what a BOOMING sound system this thing comes with stock....man, what could have been....

I'll upload a couple videos I took - nothing ground-breaking just some attract mode vids mostly for my fiancee so she could see.

20180809_141539 (resized).jpg20180809_141539 (resized).jpg

Videos added:

Even got a video of the head eating the ball (sorry it is sideways, don't know why it did that...):

#22900 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

So, if you're in the Los Angeles area, there is an Alien LE up and running - 100% fully functional at AYCE Gogi - a Korean BBQ establishment. Dude has a massive and beautiful collection. All games are in tip top condition. In fact, the owner is on Pinside, doomid . TNA, Rob Zombie, AMH, Alice Cooper, GOT Pro, Tron Pro, GotG Pro, IMDN LE, Stargazer, WOF, T2, Batman 66 LE, Centaur, Godzilla, and Alien LE were all there as well as Iron Man, Spiderman VE and SW - those three were in the LOBBY...
The rest of them are in the back. It was funny because I saw SMVE, IM, and SW Pro up front and I had "the look" as I wondered around and a server walked right up to me and said "all the way in the back left". I was like "Is it that obvious?" and he was like: "I could totally tell what you were looking for...!"...Cracked me up.
Games were in fantastic shape. This is THE place to go in LA if you want to play all the new titles at full strength. Flippers nice and strong, cliffys on everything, playfields nice and clean - guy really takes solid shape of these games. These are not beaters; these are out of his personal collection and it shows.
Alien LE was a blast to play. I think I've "had my fill" of it at this point, but man, what a BOOMING sound system this thing comes with stock....man, what could have been....
I'll upload a couple videos I took - nothing ground-breaking just some attract mode vids mostly for my fiancee so she could see.
[quoted image]

Best spot in LA for pinball hands down.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,799 (OBO)
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 458 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/458 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.