pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 454 of 601.
#22651 5 years ago

I've been putting off getting the beacons for my prototype game because I didn't like the ones with the large black or white base. I stumbled upon this one, just about exactly looks wise what I wanted, is anyone familiar with this brand??

Model 3100-A
Beacon Light®
Amber Lens
12-Volt Magnet Mount

Availability: In stock

Price: $26.49
3100-a_2.jpg3100-a_2.jpg

3100-a_2_1 (resized).jpg3100-a_2_1 (resized).jpg
#22652 5 years ago

Those look real good. My question is I’m assuming it’s not tied to the game by coding so are you just gonna have them on the whole time ?
Thx

#22653 5 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Est-ce risqué d'acheter une machine Alien maintenant? Y a-t-il des problèmes de mech connus ou autres? Le code est-il terminé? Est-ce que le code est génial? J'ai toujours aimé le thème, mais hésitait à acheter coz de tous les dégâts HP.
Merci

oh you here!

Alien is a unique and extraordinary pinball machine, hardly comparable to anything else.

Call me if you want additional information on these flipp, I start to know them

#22654 5 years ago
Quoted from Bartzenegger:

Those look real good. My question is I’m assuming it’s not tied to the game by coding so are you just gonna have them on the whole time ?
Thx

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/get-away-from-her-you-bitch-alien-club-all-members-expendable/page/4#post-4128786

#22655 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Hopefully someday a good company gets the assets remaining and produces Alien. Until then...

Yes i hope so, this is a game pinball fans must experience.. must. The missions, sounds, videos.. this is hands down one of the best machines ever made. Im so happy I could get one, after waiting months for an LE, I gave up.. I know its never going to come. If you are a fan of the Aliens movie (or franchise in general), this is just an amazing piece to own.

#22657 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Yes i hope so, this is a game pinball fans must experience.. must. The missions, sounds, videos.. this is hands down one of the best machines ever made. Im so happy I could get one, after waiting months for an LE, I gave up.. I know its never going to come. If you are a fan of the Aliens movie (or franchise in general), this is just an amazing piece to own.

Through all that chaos and ill will, at the end they made amazing pinball. At least something positive.

#22658 5 years ago

Anyone have a good phone number for Heighway? The number on there website doesn't work. I've ignored this thread for months (too depressing), I'm still waiting for my game to ship. I wonder how many people have gotten theirs in the last 3-4 months?

#22659 5 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

Anyone have a good phone number for Heighway? The number on there website doesn't work. I've ignored this thread for months (too depressing), I'm still waiting for my game to ship. I wonder how many people have gotten theirs in the last 3-4 months?

Fry-can-t-tell-meme-generator-not-sure-if-sarcasm-or-serious-e14739 (resized).jpgFry-can-t-tell-meme-generator-not-sure-if-sarcasm-or-serious-e14739 (resized).jpg

Heighway pinball is bankrupt, the factory was cleared out.. all the IP assets were transferred to "pinball brothers" who are radio silent now.. if you don't have a game in your possession, you unfortunately will not receive one.

#22660 5 years ago

Truly game over man.. game over.

#22661 5 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

I've been putting off getting the beacons for my prototype game because I didn't like the ones with the large black or white base. I stumbled upon this one, just about exactly looks wise what I wanted, is anyone familiar with this brand??
Model 3100-A
Beacon Light®
Amber Lens
12-Volt Magnet Mount
Availability: In stock
Price: $26.49

I agree that the large base originally chosen by HP looks bad. This style is much better.

I found a similar WOLO beacon for only $12.99, and it comes in either amber, red or blue. I think the blue would look better with the game if you're gonna veer away from the original design beacon anyway. The difference is this comes with a coiled wire that would need to be spliced out.

I don't have one, so I can't personally vouch for it. I think it would work the same after reading swenny's instructions in the other thread, and these already come with the magnet base so it's less work to prepare for installation. Here's the link

https://www.jegs.com/i/Wolo/425/3105-B/10002/-1?CAWELAID=1710684161&CAGPSPN=pla&CAAGID=47430200350&CATCI=pla-324540250760&CATARGETID=230006180040340556&cadevice=c&jegspromo=thirdparty&gclid=CjwKCAjw7cDaBRBtEiwAsxprXRKNhuGZCWkDPXtz8ws7NabX9UDpxgYoj6zYMSazXH6OTKNs8JwNcRoCEYEQAvD_BwE
425-3105-B (resized).jpg425-3105-B (resized).jpg

Edit: This link also has the same amber beacon you listed for $8.24

#22662 5 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

Shit man...if you're serious this is not going to be good news for you, as it looks like you paid in full to HW a while back (according to your past posts here) and unless your one of the fortunate few that can afford to pay for the game twice, you would be better off draining this thread and putting this whole thing back in the rear-view mirror. Life is too short to fret over this fiasco.

#22663 5 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

Quoted from knockerlover:

Heighway pinball is bankrupt, the factory was cleared out.. all the IP assets were transferred to "pinball brothers" who are radio silent now.. if you don't have a game in your possession, you unfortunately will not receive one.

Unfortunately it appears he hasn't posted in months.

Some bad news.

The investors pulled the plug as they were continuing to lose money hand over fist, and the hole Andrew left them was much worse than they planned for. No more Aliens will be made, as it's too compromised, too costly, and the license would need to be renewed. The investors intend to try to relaunch as Pinball Brothers, and do Queen and / or an unlicensed design; Dave Sanders appears to be being kept on in some capacity. Andrew then popped up to blame the investors for everything (which went terribly for him). He then went on to blame virtually everyone else (including me), which went badly for him again, including him pretty much admitting fraud, and trading whilst the company was insolvent, but justifying it as a means to an ends.

The good news is that your order appears to be via CoinTaker, if one is to go by your posting history, so per their terms, you can ask for and are entitled to a full refund.

The bad news is that people have been asking for them, and not getting them. Including people posting that CoinTaker repeatedly claim to have posted cheques (but obviously haven't). So you may be in for a wait.

Edit. Also, hydrofoils:

The much rumoured hydrofoil stuff around Andrew Heighway ... despite denying there was anything more to the rumours than a 'hobby', it transpires he did in fact purchase a large hydroil ferry that used to ply Sydney Harbour, and is now sitting mothballed in Italy. He bought it in early 2016 ... a date from which the investors suspected him of taking money out of the company, and accused him of such at the time - they're trying to find the evidence that joins it up. Extraordinarily, he claims he's going to refit and re-engine the ferry, and actually sail it under its own steam back to Sydney, from Italy, and operate it ... he went to Australia earlier in the year to try to fund raise / drum up support.

#22664 5 years ago

me for beacons I opted for a more modern style.

20180527_182351 (resized).jpg20180527_182351 (resized).jpg20180527_182358 (resized).jpg20180527_182358 (resized).jpg
#22665 5 years ago
Quoted from cyber-greg:

me for beacons I opted for a more modern style.

Interesting. But I feel like the ones Heighway chose match the movie better.

#22666 5 years ago

absolutely! it was the other question from the outset at HP, respect what would be the film, or the design of the pinball. both are finally valid, I myself hesitated a lot. what helped me was that I had in stock this beacon! lol

and in the movies there is a lot of white flash

#22667 5 years ago
Quoted from cyber-greg:

absolutely! it was the other question from the outset at HP, respect what would be the film, or the design of the pinball. both are finally valid, I myself hesitated a lot. what helped me was that I had in stock this beacon! lol
and in the movies there is a lot of white flash

since we are on beacons just wondering if everyone's beacons spin for a quick second when you turn game on? Mine also will spin randomly when I am doing a xeno test. I followed pinsider libtech thread and wired it through the main conn like his pic showed.

#22668 5 years ago

I think I will get the powerloader to put between the lights as another topper.. just for show. I have the figure on the left, but that power loader.. sweet.

hottoysripley2 (resized).jpghottoysripley2 (resized).jpg
#22669 5 years ago

Thought I might as well post it here - got the other threads covered. Alien and full throttle software updates can be found here:

http://weirpinball.com/alien/alien.html
http://weirpinball.com/full%20throttle/fullthrottle.html

Scott

#22670 5 years ago
Quoted from cyber-greg:

oh you here!
Alien is a unique and extraordinary pinball machine, hardly comparable to anything else.
Call me if you want additional information on these flipp, I start to know them

Hi Greg,
In fact I need to try it to have my own feeling.
You know people have negative opinion about HP ( me included) and are afraid to get stuck with a pin that no one would like to buy in case of resale. So I really need to know if I like it or not before buying.
Are there some in stock somewhere in France? What about warranty?

#22671 5 years ago

What about warranty?

What warranty? From a defunct, bankrupt company? Rub a lamp.

#22672 5 years ago

Warranty, that's funny!!!

#22673 5 years ago

Yeah warranty! !?? Haha.. dont make me laugh.. haha.

#22674 5 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

What warranty? From a defunct, bankrupt company? Rub a lamp.

The retailer is obligated to cover it for one year, in the EU, minimum. Some countries require more. The obligation then falls to the manufacturer, or their distributing agent in the country, after that period.

By asking if there are any in stock, I assume he means from a dealer / retailer.

#22675 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

The retailer is obligated to cover it for one year, in the EU, minimum. Some countries require more. The obligation then falls to the manufacturer, or their distributing agent in the country, after that period.
By asking if there are any in stock, I assume he means from a dealer / retailer.

Man how come we dont have such rules in the States. Oh wait, we hate paying a tiny extra tax to fix the crappy roads. We want money to magically appear.

#22676 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

The retailer is obligated to cover it for one year, in the EU, minimum. Some countries require more.

That was the point.
But the company is in bankruptcy so I guess there is no warranty anymore. If dealer gets some stock (what I doubt), there are selling without warranty.

#22677 5 years ago

That was the point.
But the company is in bankruptcy so I guess there is no warranty anymore. If dealer gets some stock (what I doubt), there are selling without warranty.

For the first year, I think they're obligated to replace or service *faulty* parts, if they're available. It doesn't matter if the original manufacturer is bust.

But unless the major parts are all reproduced quickly by secondaries, you'd likely be on the hook for everything. Stuff like the playfield will probably never be reproduced, if it gets munched, as there are too few machines, and the license would be costly.

#22678 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

For the first year, I think they're obligated to replace or service *faulty* parts, if they're available. It doesn't matter if the original manufacturer is bust.
But unless the major parts are all reproduced quickly by secondaries, you'd likely be on the hook for everything. Stuff like the playfield will probably never be reproduced, if it gets munched, as there are too few machines, and the license would be costly.

Not here, sold as is.

#22679 5 years ago

Hey guys I just realized my shaker motor wasn't working and when I opened the coin door its was unplugged.. does anyone know where it connects to?
Thanks

#22680 5 years ago

Maybe it's just me, but due to those who have lost money on this game, I cringe a little when I see people raving about the game, discussing mods and looking for repair information in this thread.

Would it be better to ask for repair advice in the thread below? It would help keep the information in one place too.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heighway-pinball-support-full-throttle-and-alien/page/12#post-4500519

I think there are review threads too that could be added to.

#22681 5 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Maybe it's just me, but due to those who have lost money on this game, I cringe a little when I see people raving about the game, discussing mods and looking for repair information in this thread.
Would it be better to ask for repair advice in the thread below? It would help keep the information in one place too.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heighway-pinball-support-full-throttle-and-alien/page/12#post-4500519
I think there are review threads too that could be added to.

Oh ok.. lets not talk about alien in the alien thread. Ill move it to the other one you mentioned. We should leave this thread for complaining.
Thanks

#22682 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

We should leave this thread for complaining.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.

#22683 5 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.

Man this game sucks. Good thing the company went out business.. horrible horrible game. Wish I never bought it. Lost 10K for nothing. now I get a paper weight that does nothing but lights up, and makes weird sounds/music/call overs. I wish I lived on a second story building then I can throw it out the window. How can these idiots come up with such a piece of crap machine. Morons.. all morons

Does this sound better ?

#22684 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Man this game sucks. Good thing the company went out business.. horrible horrible game. Wish I never bought it. Lost 10K for nothing. now I get a paper weight that does nothing but lights up, and makes weird sounds/music/call overs. I wish I lived on a second story building then I can throw it out the window. How can these idiots come up with such a piece of crap machine. Morons.. all morons
Does this sound better ?

User name checks out

#22685 5 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

We didn't work as hard as we did for years for people to pretend that the game we made doesn't exist.

If you're emotionally hurt over the whole thing I sure don't blame you, but just drain the thread and move on, don't tell people to not post about the game.

#22686 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Similar legislation down here.

Australian consumer law for a commercial reseller is 12 months from the time of sale regardless of manufacturer bankruptcy unless it is disclosed to the buyer at the time of sale as to the inability to supply future replacement parts.

1. Replace.
2. Return.
3. Refund.

Of course an international sale would virtually invalidate that requirement.

Quoted from vdojaq:

Not here, sold as is.

Now you know why so many are landing in the US from the antipode over recent weeks.

Pump and dump.

#22687 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

We didn't work as hard as we did for years for people to pretend that the game we made doesn't exist.
If you're emotionally hurt over the whole thing I sure don't blame you, but just drain the thread and move on, don't tell people to not post about the game.

That's a good point too Aurich. Hmm....

Is moving the excitement of game ownership out of this thread and into others the same as pretending it doesn't exist?

You may be right, if other threads quickly fall off the front page and are lost.

#22688 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hey guys I just realized my shaker motor wasn't working and when I opened the coin door its was unplugged.. does anyone know where it connects to?
Thanks

On the board just inside the coindoor is a connector that says “shaker motor” go figure..

EFDB044C-6569-4EB8-A357-AC39F36BF309 (resized).jpegEFDB044C-6569-4EB8-A357-AC39F36BF309 (resized).jpeg
#22689 5 years ago

On the board just inside the coindoor is a connector that says “shaker motor” go figure..

haha.. thanks
man

#22690 5 years ago

Where do you get the shaker for Alien? Does it had much?

#22691 5 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

That's a good point too Aurich. Hmm....
Is moving the excitement of game ownership out of this thread and into others the same as pretending it doesn't exist?
You may be right, if other threads quickly fall off the front page and are lost.

I simply view this as the Alien thread. Ditched it for awhile (after years) but now that I have one, it seems the right place to post some game related items.

Many, many, many things that bother me about this entire thing, but the actual machine was never one of them. It is an amazing game, but do attempt to temper my excitement in the threads, due to the reasons you stated.

#22692 5 years ago

Played a bunch of games on an LE last night and I have to say it is pretty awesome. Damn shame more couldn't have been made.

#22693 5 years ago

Wish heighway would take a page from the Apple playbook and set up shop again to provide high-priced support/replacement parts to those that ended up with games and use the proceeds to (very partially) pay back all of us that got screwed over. Not ideal for anyone, but presumably gets everyone a little something they didn't have before.

Unfortunately i can't think of a motivation for them to do that unless the Pinball Bros really do plan to try to open up shop again, in which case they'll need the extra goodwill.

Perhaps someone who could avoid extensively cursing at them first should pitch them the idea.

For what it's worth, reading people lucky enough to get one raving about the game does feel like crap, but it's a good game from what I've heard and was created by a lot of talented people that aren't total assholes like the (Heighway) owners. I wouldn't ask that they stop posting their opinions of the game and will still follow the thread if only to see what news pops up about the company going forward.
(Hopefully that's not too much complaining)

#22694 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I simply view this as the Alien thread. Ditched it for awhile (after years) but now that I have one, it seems the right place to post some game related items.

I drained everything for a while too, and tried to move on. But, in the end, paying twice was a better option for me than paying once and having nothing at all. I tell you what though..Once it arrives I will be doing all my posting in the owners' thread. This toxic wasteland of thread will be dead to me. It's not the history of the machine that's the problem, but the exhibition of people at their worst. I don't care what other people do..whatever..but I'm moving to a planet where the vision is forward.

#22695 5 years ago

Back to square one my se doesn’t seem to have that board

#22696 5 years ago

I preordered and paid a deposit for a LE. I was hoping that I would get the game I preordered for, but it seems games went to people who didn’t actually preorder and got in at last minute. (which is disappointing). I wish I had this game, but I don’t.

#22697 5 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

I drained everything for a while too, and tried to move on. But, in the end, paying twice was a better option for me than paying once and having nothing at all. I tell you what though..Once it arrives I will be doing all my posting in the owners' thread. This toxic wasteland of thread will be dead to me. It's not the history of the machine that's the problem, but the exhibition of people at their worst. I don't care what other people do..whatever..but I'm moving to a planet where the vision is forward.

My exact reasoning as well!!!! please let me know which of the other threads would be most relevant and where you'll be. Completely agree....this thread took a toll on me for sure. Great to know you got one....you're an asset to the community......mark

#22698 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I preordered and paid a deposit for a LE. I was hoping that I would get the game I preordered for, but it seems games went to people who didn’t actually preorder and got in at last minute. (which is disappointing). I wish I had this game, but I don’t.

Yeah...it looks like mostly (if not entirely) the "LE" buyers got screwed. I preordered an "SE"...but not all the way back in 2015.

#22699 5 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

which is the actual owners thread? thought this was it

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,799 (OBO)
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 30,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 454 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/454 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.