DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 452 of 601.
#22551 5 years ago

I thought that the only difference in art between the SE and LE was the alien queen on the backbox (which is mostly disrupted by the 27" display

#22552 5 years ago

It may have been HP's intention to include extra art but my LE did not include any that I know of. The original purchaser ordered it with a 27" screen which is nice, but ultimately just cuts into most of the existing artwork.

It would have been cool if the pin included a full translight image of Aurichs art. Then again it didnt even include a user manual, so...

20180621_003702 (resized).jpg20180621_003702 (resized).jpg

#22553 5 years ago

We have successfully reproduced translites also.. not a big deal

Also, many of the late run production games came with lit side panels for some reason. There is no rhyme or reason to anything that came out of heighway. 200 games 150 variations and configurations.

#22554 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I thought that the only difference in art between the SE and LE was the alien queen on the backbox (which is mostly disrupted by the 27" display

The side panel art is different too (blue highlights like translite instead of green) and has “limited edition” below “Alien”.

92B70040-FB9B-4A00-A148-E2E552797D1B (resized).jpeg92B70040-FB9B-4A00-A148-E2E552797D1B (resized).jpeg

#22555 5 years ago

I don’t have an Alien pin even though I paid money for a preorder. People who didn’t preorder received the machine though.

#22556 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Holy cow. How long did all that traveling take ...?

Not sure how long the UK->Aus took, but Aus->Tul took 3 days because it was mostly air.

#22557 5 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

We have successfully reproduced translites also.. not a big deal
Also, many of the late run production games came with lit side panels for some reason. There is no rhyme or reason to anything that came out of heighway. 200 games 150 variations and configurations.

By the sounds of it, approx 120 to 140 games were built.

#22558 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

By the sounds of it, approx 120 to 140 games were built.

Wow that’s it ? That’s including both le and se?

#22559 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I’ve seen the thread about only that many molded toys being made, but sources within the company say it was more like 200.

Let’s not discount the possibility that Andrew could have had China copy the molds and produce them for cheaper, everything else was outsourced there.

#22560 5 years ago

Well mine lands tomorrow from Houston! Prob pick it up Saturday.

I give a blow by blow analysis. The good, bad and the ugly.

#22561 5 years ago

Got to put some games on the one at The Flipper Room in Concord CA this week. Previously I only got a couple games in at Pinfest, and while I enjoyed them, it's tough to get the real experience at a show. This experience was so much fun! Talk about immersion. The sounds/video/modes are fantastic!

Ended up getting through All Out War and then starting a few more modes on my last game. Really a great game.

If you're in the area, the games at the Flipper room are all in amazing shape and as a bonus there is great pinball and misc art hung all over the place. Definitely check it out if you can.
CPWCPW

#22562 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Yes, all available info indicates that it is, for both se and le. My personal experience also indicates this is accurate, unless another batch of them is hidden away somewhere.

#22563 5 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

The side panel art is different too (blue highlights like translite instead of green) and has “limited edition” below “Alien”.

Quoted from Damonator:

Originally the Art was supposed to ship like this.

0DE6CE7C-F849-4CEE-B11F-D8706FBD516A (resized).jpeg0DE6CE7C-F849-4CEE-B11F-D8706FBD516A (resized).jpeg3413836F-8A07-4BDD-9916-F5AAF52F7E09 (resized).jpeg3413836F-8A07-4BDD-9916-F5AAF52F7E09 (resized).jpeg
#22564 5 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Originally the Art was supposed to ship like this.

Interesting! So did the same artist do the full size LE translite and the LE LCD translite? They look like similar art but are obviously different (notice the 3 xeno heads on each side of the title on the late run LEs).

#22565 5 years ago

it seems to me that LE also have translight lighting that changes color with RGB LEDs?

did anyone add this equipment to his SE?

#22566 5 years ago

J'ai vu le fil à peu près autant de jouets moulés fabriqués, mais des sources au sein de l'entreprise disent que c'était plus comme 200.
N'oublions pas qu'Andrew aurait pu demander à la Chine de copier les moules et de les produire pour moins cher, tout le reste était sous-traité.

mine would be the number 254?? or not?

it's about 250 game and works perfectly for the moment

20180525_103940 (resized).jpg20180525_103940 (resized).jpg
#22567 5 years ago

Got my spot ready next to my Star Trek le , next to Addams didn’t make sense

8E86A802-5F14-4BB7-97FD-6A33A8544EDB (resized).jpeg8E86A802-5F14-4BB7-97FD-6A33A8544EDB (resized).jpeg
#22568 5 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Interesting! So did the same artist do the full size LE translite and the LE LCD translite? They look like similar art but are obviously different (notice the 3 xeno heads on each side of the title on the late run LEs).

Long story in this thread
Here is the reveal which never came to be.

#22569 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Yes, all available info indicates that it is, for both se and le. My personal experience also indicates this is accurate, unless another batch of them is hidden away somewhere.

What personal experience did you have that relates to the number of Alien pins made? Do you mean someone from Heighway told you that?

#22570 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

What personal experience did you have that relates to the number of Alien pins made? Do you mean someone from Heighway told you that?

I know serial numbers of some of the last individual games to be built and they fall in line with what fits the #s of the last container that went to AUS.

It also matches what previous Heighway employees said to me personally. (yes, I spoke to some of them pretty regularly and even developed a friendship some of the good guys)

#22571 5 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

I thought LE's only ended up with LE art??

Oh? Maybe... last I had heard they were going to include both but that was quite a while ago.

#22572 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I know serial numbers of some of the last individual games to be built and they fall in line with what fits the #s of the last container that went to AUS.
It also matches what previous Heighway employees said to me personally. (yes, I spoke to some of them pretty regularly and even developed a friendship some of the good guys)

There are other previous heighway employees that contradict what you're saying.. My sources say less than 200, more than 120.. either way, its limited. In my opinion based on the serial numbers I've seen, they aren't necessarily sequential or indicative of "how many". Many games I've seen even have full throttle stickers on the back of the cabinet.. The lack of organization and consistency within heighway makes determining this number correctly, very difficult.

#22573 5 years ago

This is so intimidating... How can I ever get than in place??!!

IMG_4065 (resized).JPGIMG_4065 (resized).JPG
#22574 5 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I did an LE backglass (cobbled together from whatever assets I had, was told it was all I could use). Andrew was a child and had another artist redraw what I did for some reason without telling me. Apparently he didn't like it, but liked it enough to have the concept recreated. That was the final backstab that sealed me having no interest in working with him further, he can fuck off to the moon for all I care. I didn't talk about it at the time, but happy to air it all out now.

The redraw got approved by Fox even though Andrew had claimed we weren't allowed to draw our own stuff, just another example of how far his head was up his ass with all of this, not to mention all the things on the drawing that were off model. Wrong number of fingers, random addition of rows of little horns on the head, just goes to show that apparently we could have had anything approved.

Later the new owners asked me to talk to Fox about getting my original LE art approved so they could use it instead, though obviously it all got chopped up for the big LCD screen becoming standard (another head up ass move). That was the story of the phone call I've told before, was about this art. The redraw never shipped, as far as I know all of the LEs have the version I did.

As for number of games, I have no clue. Less than 200 more than 100 is all I've been told, if there's an official number it's never been revealed to me.

This is the original version I did:

LE-Backglass-Test-March-6.jpgLE-Backglass-Test-March-6.jpg

#22575 5 years ago

Aurich you should make that into a poster and sell them. I would love to have one hanging in my gameroom!

#22576 5 years ago

BTW, that would have looked AWESOME in the backglass of the Alien pin. Andrew is crazy!!

#22577 5 years ago

There are other previous heighway employees that contradict what you're saying.. My sources say less than 200, more than 120.. either way, its limited. In my opinion based on the serial numbers I've seen, they aren't necessarily sequential or indicative of "how many". Many games I've seen even have full throttle stickers on the back of the cabinet.. The lack of organization and consistency within heighway makes determining this number correctly, very difficult.

Yeah, feel pretty confident 120 is the bottom end. 200 definitely seems too high.

Would be nice to have the official number for posterity, but I dont think it really matters as it is limited even at 200.

#22578 5 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Aurich you should make that into a poster and sell them. I would love to have one hanging in my gameroom!

Fox would be up his ass so fast... too bad. It is a great piece.

#22579 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I did an LE backglass (cobbled together from whatever assets I had, was told it was all I could use). Andrew was a child and had another artist redraw what I did for some reason without telling me. Apparently he didn't like it, but liked it enough to have the concept recreated. That was the final backstab that sealed me having no interest in working with him further, he can fuck off to the moon for all I care. I didn't talk about it at the time, but happy to air it all out now.
The redraw got approved by Fox even though Andrew had claimed we weren't allowed to draw our own stuff, just another example of how far his head was up his ass with all of this, not to mention all the things on the drawing that were off model. Wrong number of fingers, random addition of rows of little horns on the head, just goes to show that apparently we could have had anything approved.
Later the new owners asked me to talk to Fox about getting my original LE art approved so they could use it instead, though obviously it all got chopped up for the big LCD screen becoming standard (another head up ass move). That was the story of the phone call I've told before, was about this art. The redraw never shipped, as far as I know all of the LEs have the version I did.
As for number of games, I have no clue. Less than 200 more than 100 is all I've been told, if there's an official number it's never been revealed to me.
This is the original version I did:

I'll buy one. PM me for more details. Where do I send my money? Looks awesome. Thank you for sharing.

#22580 5 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Not my art, it's all Fox licensed material I collaged together. Well with some little exceptions of original things I slipped in, heh, but I don't have the rights to any of it. Nothing I would sell or anything. And that's for the best really, let the few LE games out there have something special, there's not much else about them to justify the LE designation.

#22581 5 years ago

I see an elephant with an alien mouth trunk on that backglass. First thing my mind saw and I can't un-see it now.

#22582 5 years ago

Still cant xeno to work right....I have taken off large head and loosed the 2 scews underneath that hold whit plastic in place. I am do not think there is any binding. In calibrate it works most of the the time. I sometimes get an extend error. WHen I do shot test it sometimes goes all the way in other times stops randomly some where. The switches are all working.

Ive tried looking at the little xeno board on the back and adjusting that little screw but is the tinies screw head I have seen and cant tell how much to turn or if It starts over if I keep turning.

Anyone that has resolved this? Could a new small xeno board help?

#22583 5 years ago

#228 LE blue has landed from Australia. No noticeable rough treatment in shipping.

Some blemishes on the glass frame powdercoat in the traditional lock bar area. LE # plastic mounted off center.

Had to bend targets below xeno head forward to prevent jaw from rubbing.

Revive and Scream lights were out, reseating connector fixed problem.

#22584 5 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

I sometimes get an extend error. WHen I do shot test it sometimes goes all the way in other times stops randomly some where.

Perhaps the plastic gear is no longer glued to the shaft?

#22585 5 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Perhaps the plastic gear is no longer glued to the shaft?

i do see the gear spin when slide metal
shaft but good point to see how it spins under a little resistance

#22586 5 years ago

Any idea on the value of a I/O board? I have a spare one and was going to hold onto it in case I ever bought another Alien, but realistically I don't see that happening.

20180618_103825_sm (resized).png20180618_103825_sm (resized).png
Added over 6 years ago:

Board is SOLD and payment received.

#22587 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Not my art, it's all Fox licensed material I collaged together. Well with some little exceptions of original things I slipped in, heh, but I don't have the rights to any of it. Nothing I would sell or anything. And that's for the best really, let the few LE games out there have something special, there's not much else about them to justify the LE designation.

Looks killer, even w screen...great job Aurich!!! Love the look on the machine!!!

#22588 5 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Everyone knows how to run everyone else's business better than they do, it's an age old internet fact that's been around as long as the internet has. Like it or not, a hit as large as 100K plus to a small business is devastating and sometimes not recoverable from. As much as you want a small business to have that kind of liquidity sitting around for the worst possible case scenario, it's just not a reality for the majority of small businesses. Many operate very tight to the line as they try to grow their business to the point that they can be in that kind of position.
I am sure Mellissa and team are doing everything they can to get people paid back as timely as possible. As a customer who lost money to HWP and has no chance to get anything back, I would respectfully put out there to maybe retain some level of perspective on the situation and do what you can to give as much support and patience to the Cointaker team while they try to make things right for everyone else all the while having little to no recourse for themselves.

Why would they not put the deposits in an escrow account? I thought they didn't send any money until games were going to ship? If not, what did they use the deposits for? Buying another company?

#22589 5 years ago

Can anyone tell me where I can get the beacon topper ? I really want to get that for mine. Any help would be awesome.

#22590 5 years ago
Quoted from Shane75:

Can anyone tell me where I can get the beacon topper ? I really want to get that for mine. Any help would be awesome.

ebay....

ebay.com link: 4 Colors Rotating Beacon Warning Light Lamp Spiral Fixed ABS 10W 12VDC 220VAC

#22591 5 years ago

Has anyone provided step by step directions on how to mount one of those beacons and can it be connected so that it interacts with the game play?

I like how the beacon (link below) is encased and easy to place on top, Anyone use one of these? A bit more pricey...but saves the time having to figure out how to mount the other. Thanks in advance!

ebay.com link: ECCO Rotating Beacon Amber Rotating 5813A

#22592 5 years ago

Anyone else have an I/O board they would like to sell?

Thanks!!

Dan

#22593 5 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

Has anyone provided step by step directions on how to mount one of those beacons and can it be connected so that it interacts with the game play?
I like how the beacon (link below) is encased and easy to place on top, Anyone use one of these? A bit more pricey...but saves the time having to figure out how to mount the other. Thanks in advance!
ebay.com link » Ecco Rotating Beacon Amber Rotating 5813a

Check the clubs thread - it's presented there by the original guy (canadian - forgot his name but great guy) - I followed that and then I provided input based on my experience too.

#22594 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Check the clubs thread - it's presented there by the original guy (canadian - forgot his name but great guy) - I followed that and then I provided input based on my experience too.

LIBTECH was the original Canadian eh.

#22595 5 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

LIBTECH was the original Canadian eh.

yeah LIBTECH is the man!

#22596 5 years ago

Anybody installed the playfield protector and have tips to give? This seems a bit more difficult job to do and a bit intimidating to say the least!

#22597 5 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Anybody installed the playfield protector and have tips to give? This seems a bit more difficult job to do and a bit intimidating to say the least!

the airlock clift? it’s actually not bad. From memory the 6 nuts they hold the little display then move outbid the way. Then 4/5 nuts/nyloc to get plastic off. then 2-3 screws to get metal ball guide out. put cliffy in and then reverse process

#22598 5 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

the airlock clift? it’s actually not bad. From memory the 6 nuts they hold the little display then move outbid the way. Then 4/5 nuts/nyloc to get plastic off. then 2-3 screws to get metal ball guide out. put cliffy in and then reverse process

Thanks, but the protector is for the whole playfield.

#22599 5 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

I started at flipper area and started with the screws on the plastics. I noticed that the counterparts (i.e. t-nuts) for the plastics' screws under the playfield would drop off when removing the screws and would have fallen under two electronic boards This was a bit too intimidating and seemed impossible to get this ever done, so I settled with just waxing the playfield. It was just a too difficult task.

#22600 5 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I find being on vacation while all of these refunds are due a bit sketchy too. It's says my vacation was more important than your refund.

As long as they weren't Hydrofoil shopping. Maybe they are trying to get the labelmaker fixed.

I hear that ballpoint pens which you can write an address on a plain envelope with are now available in Pennsylvania.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,799 (OBO)
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 452 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/452?hl=cyber-greg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.