• 24,672 posts
  • 986 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by TomDK
  • Topic is favorited by 261 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

• Alien Heighway Pinball, 2017

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,842 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpg
DSCN6780 (resized).JPG
IMG_3414 (resized).JPG
IMG_3415 (resized).JPG
IMG_0215 (resized).JPG
7558E0DA-70D4-4AEA-8699-7E8E506CE582 (resized).jpeg
7B5B82F0-6FB6-4B76-BE21-4A56537885BD (resized).jpeg
8714E3FD-D526-496C-B18A-E775776E9AF1 (resized).jpeg
Alien Rulesheet.pdf (PDF preview)
02205183-C289-4CFF-A7A3-097DA7882E83 (resized).png
F404241E-FFAA-4989-BB1A-73FAF80696F1 (resized).jpeg
20180621_003705 (resized).jpg
13 (resized).JPG
bf871ec7-c9e4-4525-9f84-c8fc1562d683 (resized).jpg
IMG_0198 (resized).JPG
IMG_0206 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

52 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 24672 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 494.
#2201 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

The third film isn't very good but I didn't see the movie for many years later and I still knew that scene. I want to say it is an iconic scene in a forgettable movie.

I like the 3rd film actually. It was beset with problems, and a lot of lost opportunities, but leaving those things aside I still think it works. It's the 4th one that's so disappointing, it just didn't work. Has some cool moments, but as a whole movie it's bleh.

That said, I'm not upset we're leaving the third film out of the game. Trivia that people here probably know already, but if you didn't, Williams' Bram Stoker's Dracula game was originally going to be Alien 3.

#2202 3 years ago

I'm going off topic, but I just saw this movie Sunshine (from director Danny Boyle - '28 days Later' and 'Trainspotting' and 'Slum Dog').

It's a space mission movie inspired by Alien (somewhat) stars Chris Evans (Captain America) also has the actor that plays 'Scarecrow' on TDK.

Not really about anything to do with Aliens but it's a nice gritty dark space flick.

I saw it on DVD (Netflix) but it's also on Google (free) don't know how that works

#2203 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

It's a space mission movie inspired by Alien (somewhat) stars Chris Evans (Captain America) also has the actor that plays 'Scarecrow' on TDK.

Great movie, although I felt the ending was a bit weak. Definitely worth watching, doesn't seem to get much attention.

#2204 3 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Great movie, although I felt the ending was a bit weak. Definitely worth watching, doesn't seem to get much attention.

yes, can't give too much away, but seemed to go off target towards the end. But it's one of those 2001, Alien, Black Hole type movies that I like.

Interstellar (not so great, just watched that also), but had some good space ideas.

#2205 3 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I felt the ending was a bit weak.

Same here...great until end

#2206 3 years ago

That dude from FTWD is in it, with a buzz cut. Is his character any more likable?

#2207 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I like the 3rd film actually. It was beset with problems, and a lot of lost opportunities, but leaving those things aside I still think it works. It's the 4th one that's so disappointing, it just didn't work. Has some cool moments, but as a whole movie it's bleh.
That said, I'm not upset we're leaving the third film out of the game. Trivia that people here probably know already, but if you didn't, Williams' Bram Stoker's Dracula game was originally going to be Alien 3.

I enjoyed the 3rd film too. It's not for people looking for mindless action, but a atmospheric, moody final. I could see a place for it in the pin, if only for a final wizard mode to wrap it up.

#2208 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'm going off topic, but I just saw this movie Sunshine (from director Danny Boyle - '28 days Later' and 'Trainspotting' and 'Slum Dog').
Not really about anything to do with Aliens but it's a nice gritty dark space flick.
I saw it on DVD (Amazon) but it's also on Google (free) don't know how that works
» YouTube video

Good movie with stunning soundtrack

#2209 3 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

I enjoyed the 3rd film too. It's not for people looking for mindless action, but a atmospheric, moody final. I could see a place for it in the pin, if only for a final wizard mode to wrap it up.

A mode where you trap the alien to try and drop molten metal on it would be cool.

#2210 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I like Fincher a lot and can definitely see his style in the movie. When put up next to 4, yeah, it's better but when put up against the first two it falls a little short. I never watched the AvP movies though so don't really have much of an opinion on those. Prometheus was interesting and I liked the detail but if you hoping to see Aliens running around most people were disappointed.

I didn't know that about BSD. That's really interesting. Sometimes I wish there was a wikipedia like site for pinball machine history. There are times after playing a machine I would like to know how they came up with an idea and there's just no info.

#2211 3 years ago

I pretty much like them all, Alien and Aliens are my favorites but I still enjoyed the rest of the films and I like Prometheus too, it wasn't bad at all. I prefer Sci fi thats more atmospheric than action, Alien will always be the best of the bunch.

#2212 3 years ago

Anyone played Alien Isolation? Awesome atmosphere and such a great game!

#2213 3 years ago
Quoted from Star_Gazer:

Yes on ps4. Only the start. But if the pin could capture some of that atmosphere that would be awesome

#2214 3 years ago
Quoted from Star_Gazer:

Indeed it is.

"And what Alien Isolation accomplishes best of all is instilling a persistent sense of dread and tension. Maybe it isn’t the scariest game. Something like Amnesia (or Justine) might have it beat for brief moments of sheer terror. But if you want a game that will gnaw at you, leave you feeling anxious and unsafe, and torment you with quiet, unrelenting dread, Alien: Isolation is the one for you." ...Samantha Lienhard

alien isolation.jpg

Alistair Hope, Creative Assembly...

“Authenticity is an important thing to the studio,” he explains. “Whether that’s Total War and recreation of historical reality or the AI team trying to recreate a feel, look and an immersive experience based on a film, there’s a lot of crossover there.”

After getting the greenlight, Creative Assembly was given unprecedented access to the enormous archives from the original Alien film by 20th Century Fox.

The goldmine included three terabytes of behind the scenes photos, videos and assets of the movie. As a fan, Hope says it was an unbelievable moment, and describes it akin to the suitcase in Pulp Fiction, the contents of which shines a glowing light when opened.

“That was so useful and they were very supportive,” he says. “And it was a real honour to be given the opportunity to create a new story and expand on the original.”

alien-isolation-dlc.jpg

On a pin related note I ran across a warning label for a haunted house that with some minor editing could almost work as a sticker for the Heighway Alien pin aprons.

warning.jpg

#2215 3 years ago

This entire thread is going into nostalgia. I'm looking for relevant Alien pinball updates and expect something soon.

'You have T-minus five minutes to reach minimal safe distance.'

Well, not that soon, but PDQ.

#2216 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I'm looking for relevant Alien pinball updates

I think a fully functioning prototype will be at Chicago Expo....

#2217 3 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I think a fully functioning prototype will be at Chicago Expo....

On a rug?

#2218 3 years ago

Remind me again what Heighway estimates the interchangeable tables to cost.

#2219 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

This entire thread is going into nostalgia. I'm looking for relevant Alien pinball updates and expect something soon.

Agreed. Not much to discuss as of late. I wish we would be given something to talk about from the Heighway camp, even the teensiest tiddy bit would be appreciated.

Whatever happened with the revised Alien flipping whitewood that was to be shown a few weeks back?

1 Month ago...

Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

Up till last week, we were hoping to show a flipping whitewood - but suppliers have let us down and the whitewood won't be ready now until next week.

Has the LE Fiber Optic ramp lighting on Full Throttle made a public viewing yet?

What has been decided on the addressable LED back box translight lighting? Will it be present in the Alien pin?

What will the LE numbered badges look like and where will they be located on the LE Alien pin? Will it be unique (3D sculpted) in an Alien theme sense or will it look plain as if it were taken off an amateur bowling trophy and stuck on with sticky tape?

How is Emmy Award-Winning Sound Designer Harry Snodgrass doing on the audio side of things? Remember what he said...?

Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

“By joining the team at Heighway Pinball, I look forward to pushing the audio technology of pinball into the 21st century while creating the best sounds ever heard on a pinball machine”

Will the Space Jockey from the first film make an appearance on the playfield or in an animation or clip via the LCD?

Any thoughts on Pin Blades with the artwork following this guy's stylings...?
giger[1].jpg

Anything would be good fodder for some entertaining discussion.

P.S. Will there be an Officially Signed Document of Authenticity suitable for framing included with the LE's? Sorry - couldn't resist.

#2220 3 years ago
Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

Remind me again what Heighway estimates the interchangeable tables to cost.

60% of full cost...will look great dropped in to a black standard Full Throttle

#2221 3 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Agreed. Not much to discuss as of late. I wish we would be given something to talk about from the Heighway camp, even the teensiest tiddy bit would be appreciated.
Whatever happened with the revised Alien flipping whitewood that was to be shown a few weeks back?
1 Month ago...

Has the LE Fiber Optic ramp lighting on Full Throttle made a public viewing yet?
What has been decided on the addressable LED back box translight lighting? Will it be present in the Alien pin?
What will the LE numbered badges look like and where will they be located on the LE Alien pin? Will it be unique (3D sculpted) in an Alien theme sense or will it look plain as if it were taken off an amateur bowling trophy and stuck on with sticky tape?
How is Emmy Award-Winning Sound Designer Harry Snodgrass doing on the audio side of things? Remember what he said...?

Will the Space Jockey from the first film make an appearance on the playfield or in an animation or clip via the LCD?
Any thoughts on Pin Blades with the artwork following this guy's stylings...?
giger[1].jpg
Anything would be good fodder for some entertaining discussion.
P.S. Will there be an Officially Signed Document of Authenticity suitable for framing included with the LE's? Sorry - couldn't resist.

Questions answerable without license issues.

This is what I'm talkin' about.

#2222 3 years ago

Can we please see something new on this pin? I'm sure it's amazing but this thread keeps getting bumped without any real updates. Enough. Show something.

#2223 3 years ago

I'm perfectly fine with waiting to see anything till Expo, if you wanted to know. Less than two weeks left till then.

#2224 3 years ago

What is being shown at Expo? The pin?

#2225 3 years ago

Hoping for something cool at expo, for sure....

#2226 3 years ago

No new updates bump.

#2227 3 years ago

Thursday, October 15th, 6:30PM.

#2228 3 years ago

Bump for kaneda. He has spoken and demands updates!

#2229 3 years ago

KANEDA!! Sorry just watched Akira again.

#2230 3 years ago

TETSUO!!!!!

Alien is gonna be awesome, just want to see something. As do we all. Well Expo's in 3 weeks, bump

#2231 3 years ago

Really ties the room together.

Oh, sorry. Wrong thread.

#2232 3 years ago

Hey Aurich - sorry couldn't PM you with a pic, so I'll pop it here (Alien news is nice and quiet at the moment with everyone working on the game). Just saw this on a young lass's leg - your avatar is famous!

IMG_4254.jpg

#2233 3 years ago

Cool! What was on the other side?

#2234 3 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

The back of her leg.

#2236 3 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

My actual face.

#2238 3 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

It's actually the artwork from the center of the upcoming Alien playfield....that's why it's covered.

#2239 3 years ago

Meow

image.jpeg

#2240 3 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

No new updates bump.

So why bump then? Lol

#2241 3 years ago
Quoted from Jeekayjay:

So why bump then? Lol

It's so kaneda sees new activity and thinks there's an update.

#2242 3 years ago

kaneda bump

#2243 3 years ago

Bump back.

#2244 3 years ago

We just need this for this game...

tumblr_ntsk9u4TKL1qbk6j8o1_400.gif

#2245 3 years ago

Stapler bump

#2246 3 years ago

Everyone wants to know if alien is going to be at Expo bump

#2247 3 years ago

I thought the answer was maybe, but probably not....

#2248 3 years ago

My guess.....Since Aurich is headed to Expo this year, he might be asked to say something during Heighway's presentation. And what better subject to speak about that an Alien artwork reveal We'll probably get our first look at some of the toys (eggs, etc) that some have already seen behind closed doors. I'm not expecting too much, but any news is good news IMO. There main focus right now is all about Full Throttle sales.

#2249 3 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I thought the answer was maybe, but probably not....

So same chance of seeing Rob Zombie.

#2250 3 years ago
Quoted from Star_Gazer:

We just need this for this game...

tumblr_ntsk9u4TKL1qbk6j8o1_400.gif

fantastic...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 24672 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 494.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside