DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 442 of 601.
#22051 5 years ago

I have to state this, if you can't name 3 Iron Maiden songs I really hope ur not wearing that as a badge of honour because its much more a case that you should feel foolish and have realized that most likely you enjoy crap music or ur an old geezer and then I'll give you a pass.

#22052 5 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

True. I met Andrew at least twice, and he told me he was considering "salvaging" the licence after Skit-B exploded.

Did he ask you for pre order money or to buy shares in this new exciting venture?

#22053 5 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

True. I met Andrew at least twice, and he told me he was considering "salvaging" the licence after Skit-B exploded.

Now if you could link both games like NBAFB, he would have made millions

#22054 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Did he ask you for pre order money or to buy shares in this new exciting venture?

He did not dare. He (probably) knew I already "invested" $4,750. Also told him I considered the Predator licence to be radioactive after this debacle! (my own opinion of course - but I doubt other "investors" would preorder again for the same game! Fool me once, shame on you...)

#22055 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I have to state this, if you can't name 3 Iron Maiden songs I really hope ur not wearing that as a badge of honour because its much more a case that you should feel foolish and have realized that most likely you enjoy crap music

If anyone can't name 3 Iron Maiden songs, then you know they were home-schooled and their mom would not allow it......or they grew up listening to Michael Jackson

"Dude, who would win in a fight, Michael Jackson or Prince ????"

#22056 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

If anyone can't name 3 Iron Maiden songs, then you know they were home-schooled and their mom would not allow it.

I listen to 80's music more than anything else. Maiden is okay, but never really one of my favorites by a long shot. I happen to have quite a few queen songs in my playlist though.

#22057 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I couldn't name ONE!....but I can now! Band is great!

Run To the Hills, Number of the Beast (from Rock Band)

2 minutes to midnight (from Heavy Metal)

So yeah, mostly by association for me!

#22058 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I listen to 80's music more than anything else. Maiden is okay, but never really one of my favorites by a long shot. I happen to have quite a few queen songs in my playlist though.

Queen had the whole queer thing going on, so I give you credit for terrifying your parents with that.

But nothing was better than the readings from Revelations at the beginning of Number of the Beast for all out upset.

#22059 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I have to state this, if you can't name 3 Iron Maiden songs I really hope ur not wearing that as a badge of honour because its much more a case that you should feel foolish and have realized that most likely you enjoy crap music or ur an old geezer and then I'll give you a pass.

IM badge (resized).jpgIM badge (resized).jpg

#22060 5 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

At this stage in the market, you *shouldn't* hedge your bets on a machine selling on theme alone. Even if it's a 'good' theme. It can always get cocked up to the point where it would hurt sales of the following game, whatever it is.

Yes, I agree! ALIEN was one helluva good theme and felt there is no douche bag big enough on the planet to screw this up... then came the cap't of all douche bag's himself... Andrew.

Quoted from JodyG:

I can't name 3 Iron Maiden songs...

I don't feel sorry for you.. but we can't be friends!

#22061 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

If anyone can't name 3 Iron Maiden songs, then you know they were home-schooled and their mom would not allow it......or they grew up listening to Michael Jackson
"Dude, who would wind in a fight, Michael Jackson or Prince ????"

I can name a few of their songs, not a big fan of their music but like some songs. But their album artwork is iconic and deserves a place on my wall.

20180514_122640 (resized).jpg20180514_122640 (resized).jpg

#22062 5 years ago

I've owned the game for 2weeks and still struggle to name half the songs on the game off the top of my head.

#22063 5 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

Maybe the timing was wrong in that the company was going down the pan ....BUT this isn't *that* insane an idea. Cocktail 60-in-1 type vids are popular and I've seen them in many bars/pubs recently. Done right, marketed correctly I could see these selling - maybe not to the hardcore on here.

The optimum phrase there of course is '60 in one'.

#22064 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Couldn't name a single Iron Maiden song before the pin came out. Was never into heavy metal but listened to the the games entire playlist to see if I could tolerate their music. Sorry, couldn't, sounded like noise to me. Those who do enjoy IM are fortunate because they can get what looks to be an awesome pin.

Of course, as you point out, I did grow up in the Michael Jackson era so that could explain it . Not sure if I qualify as an "old geezer" yet.

Edit: Did the same thing when the Metallica pin came out and could live with those songs.

#22065 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I'm 51. I listen to a lot of hard rock /metal...always have. Never liked Maiden.

#22066 5 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Couldn't name a single Iron Maiden song before the pin came out. Was never into heavy metal but listened to the the games entire playlist to see if I could tolerate their music. Sorry, couldn't, sounded like noise to me. Those who do enjoy IM are fortunate because they can get what looks to be an awesome pin.
Of course, as you point out, I did grow up in the Michael Jackson era so that could explain it . Not sure if I qualify as an "old geezer" yet.
Edit: Did the same thing when the Metallica pin came out anrd could live with those songs.

MJ's Dirty Diana and Smooth Criminal are hits! Frank Zappa said there are only two kinds of music... Good & Bad. Queen and maiden are both good in my books.

#22067 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Run To the Hills, Number of the Beast (from Rock Band)

Precisely! Couldn't have named another Iron Maiden song before playing the pin. Seems like good pinball music, nothing against it, just not something I ever listened to.

#22068 5 years ago

I own the pin and still don't like their music. But it's just a fun game.

#22069 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Precisely! Couldn't have named another Iron Maiden song before playing the pin. Seems like good pinball music, nothing against it, just not something I ever listened to.

BUT it's very video-gamey music, which makes it great for a pin.

Unlike Jimmy Buffet, the Beatles, Pink Floyd, Rush and half a dozen other bands people think should be pins.

#22070 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I grew up listening to MJackson and still love it today, Prince and Purple Rain was major when I was 10 years old and he would kick Jacksons ass, with his little boots.

#22071 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Unlike Jimmy Buffet, the Beatles, Pink Floyd, Rush and half a dozen other bands people think should be pins.

Rush has some great music that would work with pinball gameplay but Rush as a theme for pinball sucks so pass all together but Slayer or Sabbath? just feels right. Oh and these guys ofcourse

Judas Priest - Painkiller - (1990) - Front (resized).jpgJudas Priest - Painkiller - (1990) - Front (resized).jpg

#22072 5 years ago
#22073 5 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Of course, as you point out, I did grow up in the Michael Jackson era so that could explain it .

It very well could.

We had a paperboy that did not come from our neighborhood, but somehow got assigned the route. He always wore a Michael Jackson red leather jacket with zippers, about a year or so after that fad had passed.

The neighborhood kids would spit on him, chase him and throw this bike into the pond. He was maybe just a little slow or just really shy, hard to tell for sure.

One day he came to collect and had that jacket on.

Vid: Kid, what's up with the Michael Jackson jacket???
Kid: It was my sister's and she gave it to me!
V: I see. You know kids are going to pick on you for wearing stuff like that.
K: Really? It's actually a boy's jacket.
V: Michael Jackson is a Pedophile. He molests little boys [this was before the FBI report with the 24 paid-off parents, but word was already out].
K: No way!!! Ugggggg [holding his stomach]
V: So if you wear clothes like him, people are going to think you like little boys too.
K: That sucks! I like his music so much.
V: You can like whatever you want, just don't go around advertising you like MJ to other people. I'm serious, some of those kids will badly hurt you on Sherman street.
K: OK
[I had owed like 3 months delivery, and it was about 2 weeks after Christmas, so I gave the kid a sizeable tip]
V: Go get yourself a solid black jacket, no fancy colors, no nothing.
K: Got it, thanks.
[about 2 weeks later the kid was knocking at my door]
K: Look! [proudly showing me his denim jacket with Iron Maiden on the back]
V: Sweet, nicely broken-in and everything! You like Iron Maiden now???
K: No, I totally hate them. My cousin gave me the jacket, with some tapes to listen to. They really suck!
V: Alright, good.

He was only our paperboy for a few months after, so I don't know if the new jacket helped him avoid any more spittings......but I was glad that he did not like Maiden; they are only for the cool kids.

il_570xN.1117698714_71th (resized).jpgil_570xN.1117698714_71th (resized).jpg

#22075 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

The average age of Iron Maiden members is over 60, and the band was probably most popular 30 years ago. I'd might argue if you know their songs you're more likely a geezer and not knowing the songs.

#22076 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Hey, I grew up listening to Michael Jackson, Prince AND Maiden.

#22077 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I grew up listening to MJackson and still love it today, Prince and Purple Rain was major when I was 10 years old and he would kick Jacksons ass, with his little boots.

That was highschool for me, I saw Prince/The Time/Sheila E on the Purple Rain tour and caught one of the little cymbals off of Prince's tambourine when he shattered it and tossed it into the audience. So great. Prince stood on the tallest speaker stack during a guitar solo, gyrating, and then his guitar squirted presumably water out over the crowd. 16 year old me drunk on wine coolers thought that it was the craziest thing ever.

#22078 5 years ago

I might be biased because I own the pin (Shadow), but when I FINALLY got a chance to play Alien at Pinfest last month, I couldn’t help but think they play somewhat similarly... in a good way. Would anyone else agree?

#22079 5 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

The only people I've met that are really into Maiden are 30 years my senior.

#22080 5 years ago

K-man...I implore you to stop saying "I implore you"!!! No worries...it's all good! Keep doin' you!

#22081 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptK:

K-man...I implore you to stop saying "I implore you"!!! No worries...it's all good! Keep doin' you!

BUT HERE'S THE THING

#22082 5 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

BUT HERE'S THE THING

The Thing (resized).jpgThe Thing (resized).jpg

#22083 5 years ago

That interview with Dave was fantastic.... great job K

#22084 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I might be biased because I own the pin (Shadow), but when I FINALLY got a chance to play Alien at Pinfest last month, I couldn’t help but think they play somewhat similarly... in a good way. Would anyone else agree?

No.

#22085 5 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I'm 51. I listen to a lot of hard rock /metal...always have. Never liked Maiden.

You don't have to like 'em... but I'm sure you know at least 3 of their songs.

I hate Metallica, and know plenty of their tunes.

#22086 5 years ago

When I was 16 my house burned down. It was a mobile home.

I was into a large variety of music.

my new friends in my new school were big into heavy metal music. They meant to teach me what it was. Live, Style.

We went to somewhere in time tour by iron maiden. Cobo hall I think.

A short while later, powerslave tour. By then I had been somewhat extensively schooled on heavy metal. Current heavy metal at the time.

The music was never played on the radio, never.

Metallica was not played ever, either. I Also became thier fan right there.

Iron maiden is some good stuff. In my opinion...

#22087 5 years ago

Has this been posted already? Playboy.

I was going to say the game is a bit stop and go but decided it must be world's first stop and come game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=43&v=xAfVUHro3sQ

#22088 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I was going to say the game is a bit stop and go but decided it must be world's first stop and come game

Andrew Heighway was seemingly totally unhinged. Who the fuck would buy that in 2018. Unbelievable

#22089 5 years ago
Quoted from drinkduffbeers:

Andrew Heighway was totally unhinged. Who the fuck would buy that in 2018. Unbelievable

Is that a hydrofoil in the video? And the woman says eeew when the ball goes in the hole

#22090 5 years ago

Andrew Heighway was seemingly totally unhinged. Who the fuck would buy that in 2018. Unbelievable

A single guy?

A full sized Playboy pinball is a bit big to hide under your jacket

#22091 5 years ago

The time is right for a Queen pin

#22092 5 years ago

Have you been to a pinball show? While it is not going to appeal to most people there are a ton of 45-65 year olds that have a basement or pinball room that is half arcade, half burlesque show. While it wouldn't have had a lot of mainstream appeal more people would have been into then you think. Not saying it's the right thing to make in todays society but once again, have you seen some of the people at pinball shows? Half of the pinball meet and greets at TPF are held at the wild pitch which is girls serving you food in their underwear. Seems pretty odd to me and I'm not sure how it's not a health code violation but to each their own. Heighway Pinball used Twin Peaks as their reveal venue at Expo so it can't be much of a surprise that Andrew thought Playboy was a good idea.

#22093 5 years ago

I love the idea.

But, I'd change it so instead of using money from your bank to buy the yacht, you finance it, and get a gold toilet installed (after admiring the one Saddam Hussein had).

As you progress towards wizard mode, the yacht gets repossessed during your 6th bankruptcy.

#22094 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Half of the pinball meet and greets at TPF are held at the wild pitch which is girls serving you food in their underwear. Seems pretty odd to me and I'm not sure how it's not a health code violation but to each their own.

You've got to experience the "Breakfast Served 24/hrs - Fine Dining - Totally Nude!" restaurants along I75.

"Daaaaaaad, it's not a strip bar, it's fine dining!"

#22095 5 years ago

Whilst this game is certainly not PC in 2018, I suspect there are a ton of people who would secretly quite like one but good luck getting that in the gamesroom

#22096 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Have you been to a pinball show? While it is not going to appeal to most people there are a ton of 45-65 year olds that have a basement or pinball room that is half arcade, half burlesque show. While it wouldn't have had a lot of mainstream appeal more people would have been into then you think. Not saying it's the right thing to make in todays society but once again, have you seen some of the people at pinball shows? Half of the pinball meet and greets at TPF are held at the wild pitch which is girls serving you food in their underwear. Seems pretty odd to me and I'm not sure how it's not a health code violation but to each their own. Heighway Pinball used Twin Peaks as their reveal venue at Expo so it can't be much of a surprise that Andrew thought Playboy was a good idea.

Nostalaga is one thing but that thing is just classless. But each to their own

#22097 5 years ago

Whilst this game is certainly not PC in 2018, I suspect there are a ton of people who would secretly quite like one but good luck getting that in the gamesroom

Most guys in their 50-60s have already gotten rid of their starter wives and don't have to worry about angry spouses.

They were smarter the 3rd time around, and married a more liberal broad who is game for anything, not just the first broad they knocked up.

#22098 5 years ago

In my youth I hid my Playboy magazines where no one could find them and I'd have to do the same with that pinball machine.

MOM! Knock before coming in!!

#22099 5 years ago

That's a little more updated than the version I saw, but yeah, that's the game I was talking about.

#22100 5 years ago

Route Operators would for bars and strip clubs. Those would sell like hotcakes. North America and Europe.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

9,799 (OBO)
There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 442 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/442?hl=mbaumle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.