DSCN7035 (resized).JPG
IMG_20240316_180704 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
zKszZMu.gif

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 440 of 601.
#21951 5 years ago

$750,000

I hope he ends up in jail.

#21952 5 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

$750,000
I hope he ends up in jail.

I Hope everyone that took it from Andrew does as well. I've been lied to by everyone in charge pre and post takeover and never got my refund for a fully paid machine. They're all crooks to me at this point.

#21953 5 years ago
Quoted from Dano:

I Hope everyone that took it from Andrew does as well. I've been lied to by everyone in charge pre and post takeover and never got my refund for a fully paid machine. They're all crooks to me at this point.

Of course they are. Write it off and move on.

#21954 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Of course they are. Write it off and move on.

Don't have much of a choice.

#21955 5 years ago
Quoted from Dano:

Don't have much of a choice.

I get it. I dropped $1500 in 2014 on a deposit.

Live and learn, I figured this was going down the toilet years ago.

Wasn't going to pay a dime on the recent "container shipments" anyhow that Cointaker tried to facilitate.

The whole crew are a bunch of DB's and way past time to flush that turd.

#21956 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I get it. I dropped $1500 in 2014 on a deposit.
Live and learn, I figured this was going down the toilet years ago.
Wasn't going to pay a dime on the recent "container shipments" anyhow that Cointaker tried to facilitate.
The whole crew are a bunch of DB's and way past time to flush that turd.

Yep, day one deposit here too. I knew I was gambling when I sent the payment. Life's too short to get bent over $1500. Would definitely have been a little tougher writing off the full payment though. I luckily resisted their payment demand years ago as well as months ago. Was tempted though....

#21957 5 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

the gentlemen who currently own/run the company are probably all 6 figure players. Melissa may not tell you if she is/was one, but it has already been mentioned on pinside.

Quoted from MK6PIN:

Ask CT? You're comments are much more naive than originally thought. I'd call Melissa or Chris anytime I like, but that's none of my business. I know them quite well. The "six figure players"? who the f**k are they? I'm sure we'd all like to know... What is your actual agenda in regard to your information provided to us? I'm quite tired of you attempting to "school" me (all of us, actually).

I'm sure everybody has a pretty good idea who the 6 figure players are now.
I have no agenda and am not trying to school anybody.
in fact, schools out for summer.

ac02 (2) (resized).jpgac02 (2) (resized).jpg

#21958 5 years ago

RS Pinball were owed $148,500 but Stefan is also one of the shareholders or investors

#21959 5 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

RS Pinball were owed $148,500 but Stefan is also one of the shareholders or investors

He's likely out a very large figure, then.

#21960 5 years ago

Some serious money was flushed down the toilet by the investors. And this is what happens when you invest with your heart and not your brain. Business is business, first and foremost.

#21961 5 years ago

If that was the case we would not have any pinball manufacturers
Pinball turns billionaires into millionaires

#21962 5 years ago

It's an interesting debate for sure. How many units do Stern & JJP sell, per theme? Anyone have any sales figures for Dialed In?

The days of TAF selling 20k+ are long gone, the question then becomes at what point is the cost of the licensing & R&D so prohibitively high that you would need to sell X thousand machines just to break even?

#21963 5 years ago

Nitro pinball mentioned they are reproducing the IO boards. It was noted in Knockers threat - that would be huge.

#21964 5 years ago

Curious did JJP get bailed out also?

#21965 5 years ago

Yes i believe investors stepped in (maybe during WoZ)?

#21966 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Here's an article dated August 7, 2015 about the investment.

https://www.app.com/story/money/business/main-street/2015/08/07/jersey-jack-pinball-investment/31302953/

#21967 5 years ago

it begs the question of whether or not all of the facts, figures and statuses of heighway pinball were divulged when the investors stepped in or were they that daft?

#21968 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

it begs the question of whether or not all of the facts, figures and statuses of heighway pinball were divulged when the investors stepped in or were they that daft?

These dudes were the "old" investors as well. They were involved for years.

#21969 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I have to imagine there is a lot of stuff that wasn’t in quickbooks

Like unpaid taxes... liabilities from unpaid wages... probably not all the unpaid vendors etc.

The story over how much due diligence was done def. varies between the two sides.

#21970 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Yes. As did Stern.

Figures vary re: investments, according to who you talk to.

Stern apparently were shutting down in less than 10 days (according to Gary and various staff). People seem to think JJP had about 1-3 months left.

In Stern's case, the rescue came out of the blue. In JJP's case, I think they'd been trying to get people to invest for some time - though the investors again came out of the blue.

#21971 5 years ago

Funny how I knew that the investors were just buying time until they could liquidate before Andrew did, as per his interview.
Pinside is also guilty of withholding information, and if there is legal action taken, I suggest your attorney investigate pinside as well.

#21972 5 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

Pinside is also guilty of withholding information, and if there is legal action taken, I suggest your attorney investigate pinside as well.

Lolz

#21973 5 years ago

Double lolz

#21974 5 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

Funny how I knew that the investors were just buying time until they could liquidate before Andrew did

Right, so they poured a million dollars into a failing business all so they could liquidate it and get a fraction of that back with a bunch of pissed off people. What a genius plan you figured out.

#21975 5 years ago

That's crazy. If the whole plan was to "run off" with the money why did they spend MORE money on boards with pinball brothers on them? They spent money on another batch of boards when they didn't have to. They could have made a couple machines and staged 100 different pictures and hauled ass. I think they really did want the company to succeed but after reality set in the knew they were doomed.

#21976 5 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

I suggest your attorney investigate pinside as well.

Bucking for internet lawyer of the week, are you?

#21977 5 years ago

This goes to show: never make assumptions about the stability/health of one of these companies. You look back at the chatter about the great intentions of Heighway — so far off the mark it’s BAD

#21978 5 years ago

Anyone know why PinSide now lists Spooky as the manufacturer of Alien?

#21979 5 years ago
Quoted from wcbu64:

Anyone know why PinSide now lists Spooky as the manufacturer of Alien

Hmmm. I'm gonna go with database error but interesting....

#21980 5 years ago
Quoted from wcbu64:

This is how rumors get started.

#21981 5 years ago

They couldn't have liquidated straight away even if they wanted to, not without repercussions, because the fly in that ointment would have been, er, me. Specifically, the situation I'd been put in and what the HMRC was trying to do about it.

#21982 5 years ago

As a king reminder... the GoFundMe campaign for Dave is https://www.gofundme.com/dave-sanders-fund/
Now rounded up to 4000 GBP...

Capture d’écran 2018-05-12 à 12.20.56 (resized).pngCapture d’écran 2018-05-12 à 12.20.56 (resized).png

#21983 5 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

They couldn't have liquidated straight away even if they wanted to, not without repercussions, because the fly in that ointment would have been, er, me. Specifically, the situation I'd been put in and what the HMRC was trying to do about it.

What is hmrc for us idiots

#21984 5 years ago

Her Majestys Revenue and Customs AKA The Taxman

#21985 5 years ago
Quoted from Sonny_Jim:

Her Majestys Revenue and Customs AKA The Taxman

Wow, something good came out of this thread. I learned a cool new acronym.

#21986 5 years ago

I would like to know how they can run off with the Queen license without liquidation bidding for remaining assets.

#21987 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I would like to know how they can run off with the Queen license without liquidation bidding for remaining assets.

... and why not just sell the queen license and liquidate themselves from the annals of pinball manufacturing forever? Pinball Brothers, there was no need to transfer all assets out of HP 1.5 and into a new failing venture. Everything should have gone up in flames with the liquidation and all.

#21988 5 years ago
Quoted from wcbu64:

It has now been fixed.

#21989 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

You make the argument that the sale/transfer realizes more than you would have gotten at liquidation.

#21990 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Pretty sure you can't "sell" your license to make something. Also most of a license cost is on the backend anyway (royalties per unit).

Also who the hell wants a Queen pin? Or Playboy?

#21991 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Pretty sure you can't "sell" your license to make something. Also most of a license cost is on the backend anyway (royalties per unit).
Also who the hell wants a Queen pin? Or Playboy?

Maybe a few people, re: Queen.

Latter ... Andrew. I think he had all 3 of the existing ones. It would probably have made FTh sales figures look good, if it had ever appeared.

#21992 5 years ago

Whatever you're imagining for how bad the Playboy pin was going to be, trust me, it was worse than that.

#21993 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Whatever you're imagining for how bad the Playboy pin was going to be, trust me, it was worse than that.

Oh dear, I thought it was a bad joke when I first heard it as a rumour, surprised me when I found out it was actually true.

But it sounds like you have a mind blower of a story to tell on this one Aurich?

0054956582 (resized).jpg0054956582 (resized).jpg

#21994 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

the fools did no due diligence. But these are the same fools who let Heighway create the mess in the first place.

#21995 5 years ago

Or these 6 stages are a great recipe for any project:
1. Unbridled enthusiasm
2. Complete dissolutionment.
3. Total panic
4. Search for the guilty
5. Punishment of the innocent
6. Praise and honor for the non-participants.

#21996 5 years ago

not sure why the pinball brothers would keep anything to do with the company. Its to like any freaking moron is going to buy anything from them in the future is it?

#21997 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

the fools did no due diligence. But these are the same fools who were on the board and let Heighway create the mess in the first place.

What board? Andrew was the sole director until they took over.

#21998 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

What board? Andrew was the sole director until they took over.

even worse, post above adjusted.

Neil.

#21999 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Also who the hell wants a Queen pin?

They are a whole lot bigger and more timeless than RZ or Alice Cooper.

#22000 5 years ago

Hey man, I really enjoyed your recent podcast interview.
Cheers

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

9,799 (OBO)
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

There are 30,036 posts in this topic. You are on page 440 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/440?hl=someotherguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.