zKszZMu.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2530 (resized).jpg
IMG_2529 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

53 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 30,026 posts in this topic. You are on page 430 of 601.
#21451 5 years ago
Quoted from Skuggemannen:

While the fan is loaded with shit, it is somewhat hard to have a discussion about technical details, parts and experiences for those who actually received Alien here. Do we have a thread for that anywhere?

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/get-away-from-her-you-bitch-alien-club-all-members-expendable

#21452 5 years ago

have a discussion about technical details, parts and experiences for those who actually received Alien here. Do we have a thread for that anywhere?

Here’s one:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/heighway-pinball-support-full-throttle-and-alien

#21453 5 years ago

While the fan is loaded with shit, it is somewhat hard to have a discussion about technical details, parts and experiences for those who actually received Alien here. Do we have a thread for that anywhere?
I need to do some plunger adjustments and would like to hear if others had similar experiences. The plunger will fail getting the ball out one of two times. Coil adjustments doesn't make a difference.
Also I would love to gather all technical info we have on the machine, parts etc.. and finally I really hope code 1.2 makes it out. Anyone with insight regarding that?

I have no problems with the plunger works perfect 100/100, what machine do you have, Se or Le?

#21454 5 years ago

Played 174 games and it only gets better and better.

DSC_0082 (resized).JPGDSC_0082 (resized).JPG

#21455 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

The pinball market has a nostalgia problem...

It also makes it that much harder to bring fresh ideas to the pinball table and demonstrate that it's capable of standing on its own merits. But as long as there are Scott Danesis out there, some of us won't stop trying if we can help it.

#21456 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Andrew was 0-8 with his ventures when I posted that information. During my back and forth with Andrew at that time, I pointed out his 100% failure rating.

Looking back on old posts with hindsight is always revealing. Note I have edited this for brevity, I encourage you to click on the link below to read the posts in full:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/141#post-3301083

Quoted from fishbone:

What a sad attempt of digging up some dirt.

Quoted from Mr68:

could you please explain all of the dissolved company's from your past going back to 1995 with Heighway Leisure LTD?
Those website don't show anything successful or even sustaining for any length of time.

Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

To you, sorry - no, I'm not going to explain my life story.

Quoted from Mr68:

That's your prerogative but it's more than just me you'd be explaining to. I'm not the only one with concerns here. And I think these unanswered questions will linger for you and create doubt. What a pity.

Quoted from PinballRulez:

Let it go, you got answers. It was just not what you wanted to hear, not enough drama for you

Quoted from Travish:

Down vote me if you want but I think $h!t stirring will create doubt. It's not like they are asking for full payment up front. They are shipping games for pete's sake.

Quoted from way2wyrd:

Its real, its being made and its coming fast and IMHO you are just here stirring the pot for some unknown agenda

Quoted from Whysnow:

why the witch hunt all of a sudden Kim?

Quoted from Aurich:

Kim, grow up. Tell me to my face if you have problems, it's pathetic to go around trying to trash talk me on a forum, you're just making yourself look bad. And trying to drag a pinball company down is just low.

Quoted from CheapTrick33:

Mr.68 I'm know talking directly to you...what's your problem? Not enough hugs as a child? You come into this thread, take a verbal dump in the middle of it and wonder why people are not happy???

Quoted from nman:

Seriously though, Andrew, don't waste your time responding to this kind of crap. Go get Alien ready to show!

Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Id trust Andrew to run any Business I had the opportunity to be involved in.

Quoted from Mr68:

In my opinion, Alien will be successfully made and delivered. It's the long term viability of the company that should concern people.

#21457 5 years ago

deleted

#21458 5 years ago

As I said, hindsight makes things clearer and I do encourage you to read the posts in full to get a better understanding of the general mood at that time, rather than my selective editing. Also try to note the upvotes/downvotes before it gets too skewed from people re-reading the posts.

Andy is a bullshit artist and managed to pull the wool over many peoples eyes, so you can't really blame people for being 'enthusiastic' and ignoring the warning signs. But at the same time people shouldn't be accused of having a 'hidden agenda', 'being just a disgruntled ex-employee' or 'being part of a witchhunt' when they are simply providing evidence that all is not as it may seem. I hope members of the forum bear this in mind in the future.

#21459 5 years ago
Quoted from Sonny_Jim:

Looking back on old posts with hindsight is always revealing. Note I have edited this for brevity, I encourage you to click on the link below to read the posts in full:

Please delete that list and modify your post. While I do appreciate the support I don't think it's necessary or right to call attention to individuals like this. There are some great people in that list that have already shown kindness towards me by up voting my other comments as things progressed and long before today's situation. Posting this list makes me feel very awkward and I don't feel it's necessary at all.
People can read back on their own if they wish but this is hurtful IMO.

#21460 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Please delete that list. While I do appreciate the support I don't think it's necessary or right to call attention to individuals like this. There are some great people in that list that have already shown kindness towards me by up voting my other comments as thing progressed and long before today's situation. Posting this list makes me feel very awkward and I don't feel it's necessary at all.
People can read back on their own if they wish but this is hurtful IMO.

Kim (whom I have never met) is a true gentleman. I have deleted my prior comment and must reflect on what it means to be gracious.

Except for the shit stirrers from the Midwest. They ruin Pinside and should go.

#21461 5 years ago

everyone please go back and downvote post no 1 on this thread. 55 upvotes they dont deserve. i just gave mine.
thanks

#21462 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Posting this list makes me feel very awkward and I don't feel it's necessary at all.

Let me clear up a few things:

1. I'm not 'calling out' anyone in particular or trying to shame people, that chain of comments would still read fine if it was totally anonymous. My intent is to highlight the behaviour we've seen on Pinside at least 3 times now, where people are speaking up and being shouted down. This needs to stop. This is why I feel it's necessary to glance back on what happened, to make sure it doesn't happen a 4th time.

2. You shouldn't feel awkward about it, you should be championed as you stood by what you said. Personally I experienced the same backlash and retreated from pinball entirely due to what happen when I spoke out. I'm sure there are others reading this who had a similar experience. You shouldn't have to feel shame because you were trying to protect a fellow pinhead.

3. That post was not meant to be a 'told you so'. As I've said multiple times now, hindsight is always 20/20. People change and learn from their mistakes and that's a good thing. Yes it can be painful to read what you wrote a year ago and I do agree we shouldn't wallow in the past, but sometimes to move forward you need to look back a little bit, to see what new direction you should take.

#21463 5 years ago

Meh its all good. It's all perspective. If we knew then what we know now it would all be different.
Shit happens and only history can decide who was right and who was wrong.

#21465 5 years ago

Since youve quoted me in a specific period of relationships, my relationship with Andrew was always 100% clean.

We talked business owner to business owner in this industry, and I respected his passion and endless hours.

However, I was never approached with a hard sell, or any of the other experiences others have shared that I can empathize with.

My reply to him, was the same as it was to my business with Kevin. and Predator:

"When your game is out for a year, and the bugs are out, and a box is sitting with Chris and Melissa to load up, I will buy one."

#21466 5 years ago

We study the past to understand the present, and prepare for the future.
- Lincoln, T Roosevelt, Carl Sagan
Never prepay for a machine that isnt in a box.
Well said Art.

#21467 5 years ago

finally I really hope code 1.2 makes it out. Anyone with insight regarding that?

It is my expectation that the 1.2 code will get released.

#21468 5 years ago

I'm emailing Mark Hunt with the details of my transaction history with Heighway Pinball. I'm also forwarding him any documentation and communications that I had with Heighway pinball. This details my refund request on 9/17/17.

I am also questioning the legitimacy of transferring assets to Pinball Brothers, to avoid paying refunds, as well as the refusal of Heighway Pinball to ship games to existing pre-order customers, opting instead to generate income by selling to new customers.

Anybody who was swindled by these thieves should do the same. It might improve your chances of receiving any sort of refund from 0% to maybe 3% (no, this is not a scientifically derived number). There is absolutely no way that Heighway Pinball will present details of any customer indebtedness. The only way your information will be included is if you forward the information yourself.

#21469 5 years ago
Quoted from SuS:

I'm emailing Mark Hunt with the details of my transaction history with Heighway Pinball. I'm also forwarding him any documentation and communications that I had with Heighway pinball. This details my refund request on 9/17/17.
I am also questioning the legitimacy of transferring assets to Pinball Brothers, to avoid paying refunds, as well as the refusal of Heighway Pinball to ship games to existing pre-order customers, opting instead to generate income by selling to new customers.
Anybody who was swindled by these thieves should do the same. It might improve your chances of receiving any sort of refund from 0% to maybe 3% (no, this is not a scientifically derived number). There is absolutely no way that Heighway Pinball will present details of any customer indebtedness. The only way your information will be included is if you forward the information yourself.

It's worth doing whatever you can to try to get something back, and the more info they have the better. I'll be brutally honest though and say I suspect it's all gone.

However, I spoke to Mark last week and until the fourth of may they aren't officially appointed as the liquidator, though from what I can tell it will be them.
The fourth of may 'meeting' (which isn't a physical meeting anyway, it's like a Skype conference call type thing I think) is just to agree the business is being put into voluntary liquidation which will certainly happen as Mark told me he had the majority of shareholders voting that way anyway , which was obvious really, and also to appoint the company who are carrying this out, which will likely be these guys.

After that, he said they can begin to look into what has gone on and any concerns raised such as yours, will be looked at. The only two things I'd say to that are that you should slightly consider who chooses / appoints the liquidator , and also that in a legal sense the transfer of assets 'may' be above board. I pretty much know how it was done now and although we might not all like it there's a reasonable chance it'll hold up in a legal sense I'm afraid - of course I'm not saying don't try as it's certainly worth a shot I reckon.

The lack of 'ring-fencing ' customer deposits is certainly questionable I've been told by someone who understands legal stuff far more than a relative dunce like me.

I'd like to give better news but to my knowledge as it stands , alien is 100% dead, the heighway platform is likely dead, and all the money is gone.

Brutal

#21470 5 years ago
Quoted from simon:

alien is 100% dead, the heighway platform is likely dead, and all the money is gone.

That, I can live with. Those are the dice I rolled. If the machine is resurrected by the same people though I won’t be happy. Although I feel that would be highly unlikely as Fox surely would not want to tie with these guys any more.

#21471 5 years ago
Quoted from SuS:

Here’s something I don’t get... if the current owners of Heighway are obligated to get the most funds from assets so they can pay creditors, shouldn’t they have to fulfill those with the $1,500 preorders (which would mean an extra ~$6,500 per pin) BEFORE selling the pins to their new company (assuming the new company is paying less than than $6,500)?

#21472 5 years ago

Regarding the future, will Pinball Brothers Ltd manufacture Alien? To do so would (I hope) obligate them to 'make people whole' who pre-ordered, but if there is genuinely no money left, how could they afford to? I don't think the community would tolerate them NOT doing so before making and selling more Aliens. Together with likely loss of the Alien licence, my speculation is that the Alien pin is dead now. There is also the likely issue of lawsuits against them, and the legality of asset transfer between the companies. TBH I think this kills the new company too, whether they accept that yet or not. The UK is still part of the EU when this happened, so leaving the UK won't 'save' them from legal action.

The easiest way for pre-order folks to sue would be online using the UK small claims court. It costs a few hundred pounds (depending how much you are claiming), which you can add to your claim plus interest. This would be the easiest and quickest way to ruffle some feathers and get some action. I'm not suggesting to do this, just laying the information out there Threatening companies with said legal action is also a good way to get a response.

https://www.gov.uk/make-court-claim-for-money

If they ditch Alien and go ahead with a Queen pin (and possibly Playboy, but what a terrible theme post-Weinstein, not to mention in the 21st century), would the community tolerate that (i.e. buy from them)? More possible IMO, but again, if they don't compensate Alien pre-order victims it seems unlikely. Also, as stated above they are unlikely to have got away scot-free from HP.

Just my 0.02c.

On a personal note, I lost money to Zidware and Skit-B, and am in on the legal action against both. Thank goodness I didn't order from HP! However, I really feel for you guys who ordered Alien, and wish you the very best of wishes, and also luck in getting some of your money back. As a community, I hope this is now the end of the pre-order model. I certainly would never pre-order EVER again (unless it's just a few hundred down).

#21473 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Here’s something I don’t get... if the current owners of Heighway are obligated to get the most funds from assets so they can pay creditors, shouldn’t they have to fulfill those with the $1,500 preorders (which would mean an extra ~$6,500 per pin) BEFORE selling the pins to their new company (assuming the new company is paying less than than $6,500)?

No - from legal, common sense and ethical perspectives.

Preferred creditors are generally the source of monetary loans, suppliers acting as creditors, landlord, large / institutional shareholders; even staff. Private, non-business customers sit at the very bottom of the list.

You may not want to hear it, it is a bitter pill, and it sucks, but so they should be.

People's jobs and livelihoods are in the balance with the former. The latter is spending of disposable income ... and on leisure, in this case.

We'll see how this shakes out, but ultimately blaming the investors at this stage seems ridiculous. They attempted, unsuccessfully, to sort out the gigantic shit show that Andrew left, and lost a lot of money doing so. Even best case, if their assessment had been correct and Andrew had told the truth for once, this was never going to be any great money spinner for them, or a business that they could flip to other investors for a profit quickly.

The primary motivation seemed to me to be rescuing pinball and customers from another disaster. Possibly also embarrassment at having been duped in the first place, and wanting to right that.

That was certainly the impression I got when I spoke to Roger & Daniel on the eve of them taking over, to try to warn them about what might lie ahead and to be prepared (not to warn them against doing it). They did think they could break even fairly quickly, hence the initial and totally unworkable plan that they presented ... but even if the company and game weren't in a far worse position than they thought, a license to print money was never, ever going to result.

However, they were probably in denial, even some way into their stewardship, about how bad things really were, and the true nature of what went on before. Even some who had a lot of the facts were, and were until very recently - facts and fiction were quite hard to separate given some of the credulity stretching things that went on.

If they really thought, at any stage, that this would be a worthwhile, profitable investment that could stand on its own two feet against other possible investment options, then they were incredibly naive.

The structure of ownership, Pinball Brothers and their various holding companies that they used were to limit liability, and is common practice. I'm amazed they lasted this long, really. Now you see them being used as a backstop (I think).

If as some people are saying, they intend to keep trying ... I'm not sure that's a great idea. They got fooled once initially by Andrew. A lot of people did. Then they likely lost a lot more a second time, even if some of the aggrieved were ultimately refunded, got a game, or were paid what they were owed ... but the car crash continued, many didn't, and they simultaneously allowed the perpetrator of all this an escape route, where he continues to get off scot-free. I suspect they'll just continue to lose (lots) more money if they go in for a third try.

But hope dies last.

#21474 5 years ago
Quoted from Sonny_Jim:

Let me clear up a few things:
1. I'm not 'calling out' anyone in particular or trying to shame people, that chain of comments would still read fine if it was totally anonymous. My intent is to highlight the behaviour we've seen on Pinside at least 3 times now, where people are speaking up and being shouted down. This needs to stop. This is why I feel it's necessary to glance back on what happened, to make sure it doesn't happen a 4th time.
2. You shouldn't feel awkward about it, you should be championed as you stood by what you said. Personally I experienced the same backlash and retreated from pinball entirely due to what happen when I spoke out. I'm sure there are others reading this who had a similar experience. You shouldn't have to feel shame because you were trying to protect a fellow pinhead.
3. That post was not meant to be a 'told you so'. As I've said multiple times now, hindsight is always 20/20. People change and learn from their mistakes and that's a good thing. Yes it can be painful to read what you wrote a year ago and I do agree we shouldn't wallow in the past, but sometimes to move forward you need to look back a little bit, to see what new direction you should take.

Bullshit. Your intent is clear, esp since you opted to edit many of those quotes to your liking. Anyone pulling quotes 1 year old quotes out of context and editing them to paint the exact story they want has a clear motive and intent.

#21475 5 years ago
Quoted from SuS:

Is it worth fellow Pinsiders emailing the liquidator MB Insolvency with details of any communications? If so the provided email address is [email protected].

#21476 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

The pinball market has a nostalgia problem. Redneck idiots can write the name of an 80's movie on a plywood cabinet and walk away with a cool half-million, tax free!

Agreed.

You'll note that Andrew's new venture - on the face of it resurrecting a hydrofoil that used to ply Sydney Harbour - again leans heavily on nostalgia.

It can be very useful cover for those trying to hide the true nature of what they're doing.

People's eyes go all misty and they take leave of their senses. I was guilty of it in initially making a deposit (directly with HW) for Alien. Were it not for the theme, I'd probably have done some due diligence rather than wanting to 'support' the company.

Unlike others who were lured in by Andrew's rhetoric and promises. I was new to the hobby and astonished by the picture he painted when I met him in person in January '16 at EAG ... I wrote up exactly what he said, here, as it felt off. Either hopeless over enthusiasm, or lies. Almost everything he told me turned out to be a lie. By the time I went on the factory visit in September, the lies and embellishments were slightly less extravagant (they had to be given the continual misses), but it felt like he was constantly fishing, and smokescreens abounded. After looking into what Andrew had said and done, earlier in the history of the company, I was appalled ... and it became increasingly obvious what was going on, as his posts here became totally dumbfounding when his staff were saying things needed to be worked on or revised, and he was telling people 100s of machines would be built and shipped imminently.

Either way, it works both ways. Passively, in my case, or actively in helping people believe fairy tales.

#21477 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I think your last line says it all... 'sell the pins to their new company...' - what if.. it were the other way around? What if pinball brothers is the entity that already 'owned' the games and were transferring them to heighway to be sold upon payment from heighway?

They could have structured this in a way so heighway was the one who would lose out... not them.

#21478 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Heighway hasn't done nearly anything as bad as JPOP did, yet....

Like a week ago I said this....

I think the "yet" point has been passed now. There are a lot of people that are going to get fucked over by them going under now officially. Damn you Andrew Heighway for bringing it to this point.

#21479 5 years ago

What statements/communications did the new Heighway ownership share since coming on board, that could be construed as misleading (if any) can people share with dates for all of our reference please?

#21480 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

Regarding the future, will Pinball Brothers Ltd manufacture Alien? To do so would (I hope) obligate them to 'make people whole' who pre-ordered, but if there is genuinely no money left, how could they afford to? I don't think the community would tolerate them NOT doing so before making and selling more Aliens. Together with likely loss of the Alien licence, my speculation is that the Alien pin is dead now. There is also the likely issue of lawsuits against them, and the legality of asset transfer between the companies. TBH I think this kills the new company too, whether they accept that yet or not. The UK is still part of the EU when this happened, so leaving the UK won't 'save' them from legal action.
The easiest way for pre-order folks to sue would be online using the UK small claims court. It costs a few hundred pounds (depending how much you are claiming), which you can add to your claim plus interest. This would be the easiest and quickest way to ruffle some feathers and get some action. I'm not suggesting to do this, just laying the information out there Threatening companies with said legal action is also a good way to get a response.
If they ditch Alien and go ahead with a Queen pin (and possibly Playboy, but what a terrible theme post-Weinstein, not to mention in the 21st century), would the community tolerate that (i.e. buy from them)? More possible IMO, but again, if they don't compensate Alien pre-order victims it seems unlikely. Also, as stated above they are unlikely to have got away scot-free from HP.
Just my 0.02c.
On a personal note, I lost money to Zidware and Skit-B, and am in on the legal action against both. Thank goodness I didn't order from HP! However, I really feel for you guys who ordered Alien, and wish you the very best of wishes, and also luck in getting some of your money back. As a community, I hope this is now the end of the pre-order model. I certainly would never pre-order EVER again (unless it's just a few hundred down).

Maybe anyone with a Alien number and has pre-paid should file a police report that you suspect that Pinball Brothers is trying to sell stolen goods. Any invoice that matches a machine's serial number would be proof that they are in possession of something you own.

#21481 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Bullshit. Your intent is clear, esp since you opted to edit many of those quotes to your liking. Anyone pulling quotes 1 year old quotes out of context and editing them to paint the exact story they want has a clear motive and intent.

Seriously pal just f--k off, i remember you championing Skit B a few years back.

#21482 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

Just my 0.02c.

I doubt Alien can ever be made again , unless FOX grant a new licence to a new company and the chances of that are slim indeed.

Allegedly, it may be the case that Pinball Brothers hope to make Queen as the game was finished, hence why Deeproot tried to buy it.

#21483 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

What statements/communications did the new Heighway ownership share since coming on board, that could be construed as misleading (if any) can people share with dates for all of our reference please?

First post

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rebirth-of-heighway-pinball

#21484 5 years ago

First and only post, by the way...

#21485 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Gotta agree with Marv on this one.

Schilton, you’ve done enough damage... and you’re going to call out someone on painting a story and carrying clear motive and intent?

How your account hasn’t been forced inactive is beyond me.

#21486 5 years ago
Quoted from Superchicken:

Maybe anyone with a Alien number and has pre-paid should file a police report that you suspect that Pinball Brothers is trying to sell stolen goods. Any invoice that matches a machine's serial number would be proof that they are in possession of something you own.

That's not how this works... that's not how any of this works...

#21487 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I doubt Alien can ever be made again , unless FOX grant a new licence to a new company and the chances of that are slim indeed.
Allegedly, it may be the case that Pinball Brothers hope to make Queen as the game was finished, hence why Deeproot tried to buy it.

Rubbish. Write Fox a check and show a path to manufacture and you could get it.

HP got a "shit license" of basically just the word "Alien" and everything else was extra. (see also: TBL, Jetsons) The dev time was so long they probably had to re-license it by now. And no doubt Fox wasn't happy with the lack of progress.

RE: "new" Pinball Brothers company. Just put a bullet in its head. Give people closure instead of false hope.

#21488 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

RE: "new" Pinball Brothers company. Just put a bullet in its head. Give people closure instead of false hope.

I’m shocked people still hold false hope for Dutch.

Skit B down
JPOP down
Heighway down

It’s only a matter of time - I’m shocked others haven’t gone my route and pressed hard for refunds, contacting the licensor, etc.

#21489 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Gotta agree with marv on this one.
Schilton, you’ve done enough damage... and you’re going to call out someone on painting a story and carrying clear motive and intent?
How your account hasn’t been forced inactive is beyond me.

You may want to actually take a look to go click on each of those quotes he used and see the actual content, before jumping on me. the guy edited and cherry picked stuff over the past year to push his storyline. Many of the quotes said entirely different things before he edited them down. he was specifically attempting to create a back and forth storyline between multiple users and editing comments as he did. THat is frankly bullshit.

If he wants to actually quote entire posts out of context that is one thing, but I don't think anyone (including Kim) apprciates him doing what he puposefully did by altering quotes.

#21490 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You may want to actually take a look to go click on each of those quotes he used and see the actual content, before jumping on me. the guy edited and cherry picked stuff over the past year to push his storyline. Many of the quotes said entirely different things before he edited them down. he was specifically attempting to create a back and forth storyline between multiple users and editing comments as he did. THat is frankly bullshit.
If he wants to actually quote entire posts out of context that is one thing, but I don't think anyone (including Kim) apprciates him doing what he puposefully did by altering quotes.

And you may want to revisit your posting history... it pretty much speaks for itself.

#21491 5 years ago

I like turtles.

#21492 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

And you may want to revisit your posting history... it pretty much speaks for itself.

My posting history on Alien has been pretty clear. great game, super fun, love the layout, built well. But DON'T PREORDER PINBALL MACHINES UNLESS YOU UNDERSTAND THE RISKS and take accountabilit for your actions.

DEspite some people being incapable of understanding that I learned from the SkitB fiasco and have been explicitly clear numerous times about why people should not preorder these toys... my posting history has been very clear for anyone to read without improper edits.

#21493 5 years ago

Full throttle and Alien was really our introduction to the pinball world... Alien was a dream theme for us and hell it was even a uk company making it with seemingly great prices at the time compared to other manufacturers, for us all the stars seemed to align.... Couldn't have made bigger mistakes...

We'll be lucky to get full throttle working again and even then it is ultimately doomed. And now Alien is also gone for good with our money.

Wish we had a better start in this hobby could have been so different, but you have to live and learn... Thinking if we ever get a proper game to try and put current mess in the past, it will be the hobbit - looks like JJP got everything included with the license and is a really complete package. The theme is what pulls us towards it- but will do my research first this time!

#21494 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

That's not how this works... that's not how any of this works...

So what's the harm in having the cops check the inventory? Just like a car's vin # it should be clear who own the machine.

#21495 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Rubbish. Write Fox a check and show a path to manufacture and you could get it.
HP got a "shit license" of basically just the word "Alien" and everything else was extra. (see also: TBL, Jetsons) The dev time was so long they probably had to re-license it by now. And no doubt Fox wasn't happy with the lack of progress.

So, in theory, even Deeproot could buy the Alien license?

I thought now it is expired, it would be tough for anyone to get it?

#21496 5 years ago
Quoted from take2-take5:

Full throttle and Alien was really our introduction to the pinball world... Alien was a dream theme for us and hell it was even a uk company with seemingly great prices at the time compared to other manufacturers, for us it couldn't seem better.... Couldn't have made bigger mistakes...
We'll be lucky to get full throttle working again and even then it is ultimately doomed. And now Alien is also gone for good with our money.
Wish we had a better start in this hobby could have been so different, but you have to live and learn... Thinking if we ever get a proper game to try and put current mess in the past, it will be the hobbit - looks like JJP got everything included with the license looks like a really complete package. The theme is what pulls us towards it- but will do my research first this time though!

I am sorry your intoduction to this hobby was so fraught with difficulty and disappointment, but your positive “live and learn” attitude is definitely worthy of respect!

One consolation is that your Full Throttle is almost certain to increase in value in my opinion. The parts/support issue is a legitimate concern, but there are a lot of tenacious people in this hobby, and I’m certain there will (in time) be solutions for both repair parts and correction of any code or engineering flaws.

Hobbit seems polarizing and you’ll have to decide for yourself after playing it. I don’t own it, but always enjoy playing it on location; it is very deep and well-integrated with the movie and is truly a pinball version of a Fantasy RPG. I think JJP is going be a viable company well into the future, and they have already proven (at least from what I have observed) that they are responsive to customers’ concerns and deliver excellent product support.

#21497 5 years ago
Quoted from Superchicken:

So what's the harm in having the cops check the inventory? Just like a car's vin # it should be clear who own the machine.

Because allocating a number for production has nothing to do with OWNERSHIP.... and units not considered shipped by the business would still be the property of the business. Just because you have a serial that was promised to you means absolutely nothing.

#21498 5 years ago

I am wondering if take2-take5 bought an Alien from the marketplace that already runs 1.1 software, would he be able to swap in his Full Throttle playfield, side panels and the latest flash? Swappable playfield concept is what Heighway was built on. Sorry if that means you got to spend another $9k, but it would make for an interesting story and you may be the first person to have a kit. Anybody know if that would work? The unknown being his FTh currently running on an old system. Once the swap occurred to confirm it worked, you could rebuild original CPU and hardware to make that one current. Heck, then you could swap Alien into it. Haha.

#21499 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Selective amnesia.....

#21500 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I’m shocked people still hold false hope for Dutch.

They have new money and moved manufacturing to China. Not dead yet.

And yes, somebody else could license Alien but they'd have to make their own game from scratch. Honestly they should have just made Aliens it lends itself much more to pinball.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
9,999 (OBO)
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
There are 30,026 posts in this topic. You are on page 430 of 601.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/430?hl=olaa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.